My mother wants grandchildren, so I said, "Mom, go for it!" -- Sue Murphy

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Trump - what a mugTim Streater
+* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugBob Eager
|`- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
+* Re: Trump - what a mugBrian Gaff
|`* Re: Trump - what a mugJoe
| `- Re: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
+* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugClive Page
|+- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugJoe
|+- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugJeff Gaines
|+- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
|`* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugSam Plusnet
| `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
|  `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugIan Jackson
|   `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
|    `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugcharles
|     +* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
|     |+* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugcharles
|     ||`- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
|     |`- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugPomegranate Bastard
|     `- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugPamela
`* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugHVS
 `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugBob Eager
  `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugTim Streater
   +* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugSam Plusnet
   |+- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugTim Streater
   |`* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
   | `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugColin Bignell
   |  +* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
   |  |`* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugColin Bignell
   |  | +- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
   |  | +* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugJoe
   |  | |+* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugJim Jackson
   |  | ||+* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugIan Jackson
   |  | |||`* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugJoe
   |  | ||| `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugColin Bignell
   |  | |||  +* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
   |  | |||  |+- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugcharles
   |  | |||  |`* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugColin Bignell
   |  | |||  | +- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugRod Speed
   |  | |||  | `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
   |  | |||  |  `- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugColin Bignell
   |  | |||  `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugmaus
   |  | |||   `- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
   |  | ||`- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
   |  | |`* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugColin Bignell
   |  | | +- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
   |  | | `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugmaus
   |  | |  `- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
   |  | `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugTim Streater
   |  |  `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugThe Natural Philosopher
   |  |   +- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugCustos Custodum
   |  |   `- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugTim Streater
   |  `- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugwhisky-dave
   `* Re: OT: Trump - what a mugwhisky-dave
    +- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugColin Bignell
    +- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugJeff Gaines
    `- Re: OT: Trump - what a mugSH

Pages:123
Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<uchobv$1kl3r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102823&group=uk.d-i-y#102823

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: OT: Trump - what a mug
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 10:11:27 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 09:11 UTC

On 27/08/2023 23:05, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> That may be true. His enthralled followers will swallow anything and
> everything he says or does, but there seems to be a finite number of
> them and that seems not to be growing.

It is so ironic that that comment applies exactly to the Democrat
diaspora. About their whole movement, rather than a particular persona...

> That said, he still looks as though he has been sent to the naughty
> step and told to think about what he has done wrong.

I don't think his supporters see it that way: they see a deliberately
engineered legal case designed to stop him running for office.

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<p5mcnbqpAYhz8HH5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102828&group=uk.d-i-y#102828

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 10:50:38 +0100
From: cpb...@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk (Colin Bignell)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
 by: Colin Bignell - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 09:50 UTC

> On 27/08/2023 23:05, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>> That may be true. His enthralled followers will swallow anything and
>> everything he says or does, but there seems to be a finite number of
>> them and that seems not to be growing.
>>

>  It is so ironic that that comment applies exactly to the Democrat
> diaspora. About their whole movement, rather than a particular persona...
>
>> That said, he still looks as though he has been sent to the naughty
>> step and told to think about what he has done wrong.
>
> I don't think his supporters see it that way: they see a deliberately
> engineered legal case designed to stop him running for office.

It doesn't seem to be stopping him from running for office. What I
wonder, though, is what happens if he actually becomes President again
before the various trials are completed. It was established in the Nixon
era that a President cannot pardon himself, so, do the trials continue
or are they put on hold until the end of his term? If they do continue,
what happens if a serving President is sentenced to jail?

--
Colin Bignell

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<uchs3u$1lane$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102831&group=uk.d-i-y#102831

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 11:15:25 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 10:15 UTC

On 28/08/2023 10:50, Colin Bignell wrote:
> On 28/08/2023 10:11, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>> On 27/08/2023 23:05, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>>> That may be true. His enthralled followers will swallow anything and
>>> everything he says or does, but there seems to be a finite number of
>>> them and that seems not to be growing.
>>>

>>   It is so ironic that that comment applies exactly to the Democrat
>> diaspora. About their whole movement, rather than a particular persona...
>>
>>> That said, he still looks as though he has been sent to the naughty
>>> step and told to think about what he has done wrong.
>>
>> I don't think his supporters see it that way: they see a deliberately
>> engineered legal case designed to stop him running for office.
>
> It doesn't seem to be stopping him from running for office.

Indeed not. In fact it seems to be increasing his popularity

As with the EU establishment and brexit, the main complaint is that the
establishment doesn't understand how the people think and feel. Because
they are 100% in charge of carefully crafting the bullshit that the feed
to people, they never ever recognise the fact that the 'populists' are
in fact not bullshitting in the same way.

They cant conceive of anything approaching transparency. In this case
the *only explanation* they can conceive is that somehow Donald Trump's,
or Nigel Farage's, bullshit is simply more effective than theirs is,
and so they play to their core audience of people who think they are
smart because they read carefelly crafted bullshit in left wing
newspapers, by declaring that Trump or Farage supprters are mentally
deficient 'deplorables'

> What I
> wonder, though, is what happens if he actually becomes President again
> before the various trials are completed. It was established in the Nixon
> era that a President cannot pardon himself, so, do the trials continue
> or are they put on hold until the end of his term? If they do continue,
> what happens if a serving President is sentenced to jail?

I think he would simply install a load of sympathetic judges. And sack
whole reams of the existing civil service.

Its no different to here. And in the EU. The people riding the gravy
train will do anything to prevent being forced off it.

They have forgotten the lesson of history - like Putin, if you make the
only way to remove you from it, violence and revolution, and your
personal death, that is precisely what you will get.

The Democrats are playing with fire as are the EU and the Rishi Sunak
remoaner establishment.

Mark Twain

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<eKOcnYFFMP9jXXH5nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102860&group=uk.d-i-y#102860

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:45:01 +0100
From: cpb...@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk (Colin Bignell)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
 by: Colin Bignell - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 15:45 UTC

> On 28/08/2023 10:50, Colin Bignell wrote:
>>>>

>>>   It is so ironic that that comment applies exactly to the Democrat
>>> diaspora. About their whole movement, rather than a particular
>>> persona...

>>> I don't think his supporters see it that way: they see a deliberately
>>> engineered legal case designed to stop him running for office.
>>
>> It doesn't seem to be stopping him from running for office.
>
> Indeed not. In fact it seems to be increasing his popularity

Possibly among the faithful, but he still only gets a 25% popularity
rating, compared to Biden's 38%, while a recent poll showed that 61% of
adult Americans do not want him to serve another term as President. He
might be favourite to win the nomination of his party, but it looks as
though that would be likely to lead to his party losing the election by
several points.

> As with the EU establishment and brexit, the main complaint is that the
> establishment doesn't understand how the people think and feel. Because
> they are 100% in charge of carefully crafting the bullshit that the feed
> to people, they never ever recognise the fact that the 'populists' are
> in fact not bullshitting in the same way.

One of the main complaints about Trump from the general public seems to
be that his focus now is on saying how badly he has been treated and not
on his previous stance of helping the little guy.

> They cant conceive of anything approaching transparency. In this case
> the *only explanation* they can conceive is that somehow Donald Trump's,
> or Nigel Farage's, bullshit is simply more effective than theirs is, and
> so they play to their core audience of people who think they are smart
> because they read carefelly crafted bullshit in left wing newspapers, by
> declaring that Trump or Farage supprters are mentally deficient
> 'deplorables'
>
>> What I wonder, though, is what happens if he actually becomes
>> President again before the various trials are completed. It was
>> established in the Nixon era that a President cannot pardon himself,
>> so, do the trials continue or are they put on hold until the end of
>> his term? If they do continue, what happens if a serving President is
>> sentenced to jail?
>>

> I think he would simply install a load of sympathetic  judges. And sack
> whole reams of the existing civil service.

He can't even force Federal judges out, so I doubt he could anything
about the State judges who will be trying him.

> Its no different to here. And in the EU. The people riding the gravy
> train will do anything to prevent being forced off it.
>
> They have forgotten the lesson of history - like Putin, if you make the
> only way to remove you from it, violence and revolution, and your
> personal death, that is precisely what you will get.

Trump supporters tried that with the Capitol riots and it didn't work.

--
Colin Bignell

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<ucihjl$1p5ad$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102861&group=uk.d-i-y#102861

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 17:22:13 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:22 UTC

On 28/08/2023 16:45, Colin Bignell wrote:
>> Its no different to here. And in the EU. The people riding the gravy
>> train will do anything to prevent being forced off it.
>>
>> They have forgotten the lesson of history - like Putin, if you make
>> the only way to remove you from it, violence and revolution, and your
>> personal death, that is precisely what you will get.
>
> Trump supporters tried that with the Capitol riots and it didn't work.

No, not that time. There is always next time.

--
I was brought up to believe that you should never give offence if you
can avoid it; the new culture tells us you should always take offence if

Sir Roger Scruton

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<20230828172744.2765eea6@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102863&group=uk.d-i-y#102863

From: joe...@jretrading.com (Joe)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 17:27:44 +0100
 by: Joe - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:27 UTC

On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:45:01 +0100
Colin Bignell <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk> wrote:

> Trump supporters tried that with the Capitol riots and it didn't work.

It wasn't a riot, it was a firearm-free insurrection.

Get it right.

--
Joe

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<kl40p6F6vj4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102865&group=uk.d-i-y#102865

From: tim...@streater.me.uk (Tim Streater)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 28 Aug 2023 16:36:54 GMT
 by: Tim Streater - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:36 UTC

On 28 Aug 2023 at 16:45:01 BST, "Colin Bignell" <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk>
wrote:

> Possibly among the faithful, but he still only gets a 25% popularity
> rating, compared to Biden's 38%, while a recent poll showed that 61% of
> adult Americans do not want him to serve another term as President. He
> might be favourite to win the nomination of his party, but it looks as
> though that would be likely to lead to his party losing the election by
> several points.

Well, lets hope so. Personally I'm not that bothered about how a US President
behaves in terms of domestic policy. But foreign policy is another matter. We
had Obama being weak about chemical weapons usage in Syria, we have Trump
looking a bit flakey concerning Ukraine. The last thing the world needs is an
isolationist president at this particular juncture.

--
When I saw how the European Union was developing, it was very obvious what they had in mind was not democratic. In Britain you vote for a government so the government has to listen to you, and if you don't like it you can change it.

Tony Benn

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<uck3o9$24rho$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102889&group=uk.d-i-y#102889

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 07:38:01 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 06:38 UTC

On 28/08/2023 17:36, Tim Streater wrote:
> On 28 Aug 2023 at 16:45:01 BST, "Colin Bignell" <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Possibly among the faithful, but he still only gets a 25% popularity
>> rating, compared to Biden's 38%, while a recent poll showed that 61% of
>> adult Americans do not want him to serve another term as President. He
>> might be favourite to win the nomination of his party, but it looks as
>> though that would be likely to lead to his party losing the election by
>> several points.
>
> Well, lets hope so. Personally I'm not that bothered about how a US President
> behaves in terms of domestic policy. But foreign policy is another matter. We
> had Obama being weak about chemical weapons usage in Syria, we have Trump
> looking a bit flakey concerning Ukraine. The last thing the world needs is an
> isolationist president at this particular juncture.

Well we had Biden just pull the plug on Afghanistan, and encourage Putin
to invade Ukraine.

The majority of the USA supports Ukraine.

Josef Stalin

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102945&group=uk.d-i-y#102945

From: jj...@franjam.org.uk (Jim Jackson)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 14:29:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jim Jackson - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 14:29 UTC

On 2023-08-28, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:45:01 +0100
> Colin Bignell <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk> wrote:
>

>> Trump supporters tried that with the Capitol riots and it didn't work.
>
> It wasn't a riot, it was a firearm-free insurrection.

A large number of people forced their way into the white house, while
law enforcement tried to stop them. A guard was killed FFS.

If that isn't a riot
I don't know what is.

> Get it right.

ditto

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<QOQ+ubPDfg7kFwQj@brattleho.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102951&group=uk.d-i-y#102951

From: ianREMOV...@g3ohx.co.uk (Ian Jackson)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 15:59:15 +0100
 by: Ian Jackson - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 14:59 UTC

In message <slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df>, Jim Jackson
<jj@franjam.org.uk> writes
>On 2023-08-28, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:45:01 +0100
>> Colin Bignell <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk> wrote:
>>

>>> Trump supporters tried that with the Capitol riots and it didn't work.
>>
>> It wasn't a riot, it was a firearm-free insurrection.
>
>A large number of people forced their way into the white house, while
>law enforcement tried to stop them. A guard was killed FFS.
>
>If that isn't a riot
>I don't know what is.
>
>> Get it right.
>
>ditto

IIRC, a total of four people died.
--
Ian
Aims and ambitions are neither attainments nor achievements

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<20230829164923.08db6d52@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102955&group=uk.d-i-y#102955

From: joe...@jretrading.com (Joe)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:49:23 +0100
<slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df>
<QOQ+ubPDfg7kFwQj@brattleho.plus.com>
 by: Joe - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 15:49 UTC

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 15:59:15 +0100
Ian Jackson <ianREMOVETHISjackson@g3ohx.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df>, Jim Jackson
> <jj@franjam.org.uk> writes
> >On 2023-08-28, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

> >> It wasn't a riot, it was a firearm-free insurrection.
> >
> >A large number of people forced their way into the white house, while
> >law enforcement tried to stop them. A guard was killed FFS.
> >
> >If that isn't a riot
> >I don't know what is.
> >
> >> Get it right.
> >
> >ditto
>
> IIRC, a total of four people died.

Only one (unarmed person) was killed by another person, and we know all
about that. No state employees were killed.

--
Joe

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<m72dnXdotIVcg3P5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102958&group=uk.d-i-y#102958

Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 17:37:18 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
<XnsB06DBA5C9C107whhvans@135.181.20.170> <kl1i2dFmt89U1@mid.individual.net>
<kl1skjFpmpgU1@mid.individual.net> <VMPGM.500611$tTKa.47978@fx10.ams1>
<uchobv$1kl3r$1@dont-email.me>
<slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df> <QOQ+ubPDfg7kFwQj@brattleho.plus.com>
<20230829164923.08db6d52@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
From: cpb...@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk (Colin Bignell)
 by: Colin Bignell - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:37 UTC

On 29/08/2023 16:49, Joe wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 15:59:15 +0100
> Ian Jackson <ianREMOVETHISjackson@g3ohx.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> In message <slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df>, Jim Jackson
>> <jj@franjam.org.uk> writes

>>> A large number of people forced their way into the white house, while
>>> law enforcement tried to stop them. A guard was killed FFS.
>>>
>>> If that isn't a riot
>>> I don't know what is.

>>> ditto
>>
>> IIRC, a total of four people died.

Up to ten, depending upon what criteria are used to link the deaths to
the riots. Two rioters died of heart attacks and one of a drug overdose.

> Only one (unarmed person) was killed by another person, and we know all
> about that.

A foreseeable result of attempting to force entry into the House
chamber, where members of Congress were taking shelter.

No state employees were killed.

One police officer died after suffering two stokes, eight hours after
having been attacked during the riot and three others, who were attacked
during the riots, committed suicide shortly after the event. It is very
unlikely that any of those would have died had the riot not occurred.

--
Colin Bignell

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<rLacnfnOBvmNuXP5nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102959&group=uk.d-i-y#102959

Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 17:59:58 +0100
From: cpb...@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk (Colin Bignell)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
 by: Colin Bignell - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:59 UTC

On 28/08/2023 17:27, Joe wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:45:01 +0100
> Colin Bignell <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk> wrote:
>

>> Trump supporters tried that with the Capitol riots and it didn't work.
>
> It wasn't a riot, it was a firearm-free insurrection.

Three people arrested in connection with the riot faced firearms charges
and stun-guns are classed as firearms in the UK. In close quarter
fighting, the baseball bats also used can be just as lethal as a gun.

--
Colin Bignell

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<ucld13$2c1qn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102964&group=uk.d-i-y#102964

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 19:22:27 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 18:22 UTC

On 29/08/2023 15:29, Jim Jackson wrote:
> On 2023-08-28, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:45:01 +0100
>> Colin Bignell <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk> wrote:
>>

>>> Trump supporters tried that with the Capitol riots and it didn't work.
>>
>> It wasn't a riot, it was a firearm-free insurrection.
>
> A large number of people forced their way into the white house, while
> law enforcement tried to stop them. A guard was killed FFS.
>
> If that isn't a riot
> I don't know what is.

No, you dont know what is.

>> Get it right.
>
> ditto

all women"

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<ucld3g$2c1qn$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102965&group=uk.d-i-y#102965

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 19:23:44 +0100
<XnsB06DBA5C9C107whhvans@135.181.20.170> <kl1i2dFmt89U1@mid.individual.net>
<kl1skjFpmpgU1@mid.individual.net> <VMPGM.500611$tTKa.47978@fx10.ams1>
<uchobv$1kl3r$1@dont-email.me>
<p5mcnbqpAYhz8HH5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<uchs3u$1lane$1@dont-email.me>
<eKOcnYFFMP9jXXH5nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>
<20230828172744.2765eea6@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
<slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df> <QOQ+ubPDfg7kFwQj@brattleho.plus.com>
<20230829164923.08db6d52@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
<m72dnXdotIVcg3P5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: The Natural Philosop - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 18:23 UTC

On 29/08/2023 17:37, Colin Bignell wrote:
> On 29/08/2023 16:49, Joe wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 15:59:15 +0100
>> Ian Jackson <ianREMOVETHISjackson@g3ohx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> In message <slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df>, Jim Jackson
>>> <jj@franjam.org.uk> writes

>>> IIRC, a total of four people died.
>
> Up to ten, depending upon what criteria are used to link the deaths to
> the riots. Two rioters died of heart attacks and one of a drug overdose.
>
>> Only one (unarmed person) was killed by another person, and we know all
>> about that.
>
> A foreseeable result of attempting to force entry into the House
> chamber, where members of Congress were taking shelter.
>
> No state employees were killed.
>
> One police officer died after suffering two stokes, eight hours after
> having been attacked during the riot and three others, who were attacked
> during the riots, committed suicide shortly after the event. It is very
> unlikely that any of those would have died had the riot not occurred.

What an amazing exercise in barrel scraping

I know someone who died of a stroke shortly after attending Church.

all women"

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<ucldgk$2c1qn$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102966&group=uk.d-i-y#102966

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 19:30:44 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 18:30 UTC

On 29/08/2023 17:59, Colin Bignell wrote:
> On 28/08/2023 17:27, Joe wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:45:01 +0100
>> Colin Bignell <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk> wrote:
>>

>>> Trump supporters tried that with the Capitol riots and it didn't work.
>>
>> It wasn't a riot, it was a firearm-free insurrection.
>
> Three people arrested in connection with the riot faced firearms charges
> and stun-guns are classed as firearms in the UK. In close quarter
> fighting, the baseball bats also used can be just as lethal as a gun.
>
>> Get it right.

But it was democrat supporters who did all that. False Flag etc

--
Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the
gospel of envy.

Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.

Winston Churchill

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<slrnuesekg.96g.maus@deb2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102968&group=uk.d-i-y#102968

From: mau...@deb2.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 29 Aug 2023 18:36:00 GMT
<XnsB06DBA5C9C107whhvans@135.181.20.170> <kl1i2dFmt89U1@mid.individual.net>
<kl1skjFpmpgU1@mid.individual.net> <VMPGM.500611$tTKa.47978@fx10.ams1>
<uchobv$1kl3r$1@dont-email.me>
<p5mcnbqpAYhz8HH5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<uchs3u$1lane$1@dont-email.me>
<eKOcnYFFMP9jXXH5nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>
<20230828172744.2765eea6@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
<slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df> <QOQ+ubPDfg7kFwQj@brattleho.plus.com>
<20230829164923.08db6d52@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
<m72dnXdotIVcg3P5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: maus - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 18:36 UTC

On 2023-08-29, Colin Bignell <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk> wrote:
> On 29/08/2023 16:49, Joe wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 15:59:15 +0100
>> Ian Jackson <ianREMOVETHISjackson@g3ohx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> In message <slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df>, Jim Jackson
>>> <jj@franjam.org.uk> writes

>>> IIRC, a total of four people died.
>

> One police officer died after suffering two stokes, eight hours after
> having been attacked during the riot and three others, who were attacked
> during the riots, committed suicide shortly after the event. It is very
> unlikely that any of those would have died had the riot not occurred.

Fake news,actually over 400 died or perhaps 800. It seems that dopey joe
died and nobody has noticed yet

--
greymausg@mail.com
Where is our money gone:?.

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<slrnuesfu6.96g.maus@deb2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102969&group=uk.d-i-y#102969

From: mau...@deb2.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 29 Aug 2023 18:58:15 GMT
 by: maus - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 18:58 UTC

On 2023-08-29, Colin Bignell <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk> wrote:
> On 28/08/2023 17:27, Joe wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:45:01 +0100
>> Colin Bignell <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk> wrote:
>>

>>> Trump supporters tried that with the Capitol riots and it didn't work.
>>
>> It wasn't a riot, it was a firearm-free insurrection.
>
> Three people arrested in connection with the riot faced firearms charges
> and stun-guns are classed as firearms in the UK. In close quarter
> fighting, the baseball bats also used can be just as lethal as a gun.
>
>> Get it right.

Among the sillier bits of regulation there, the yanks (who is being
yanked?) regard cipher as a state secret, and long ago, one could be
extradited UK>US for using RSA cipher. I have decided long ago that
cipher is bunk,

--
greymausg@mail.com
Where is our money gone:?.
Death to all Influencers, Dude!

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<5adbac9db0charles@candehope.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102971&group=uk.d-i-y#102971

From: char...@candehope.me.uk (charles)
References: <kksm8lFda1U1@mid.individual.net> <XnsB06DBA5C9C107whhvans@135.181.20.170> <kl1i2dFmt89U1@mid.individual.net> <kl1skjFpmpgU1@mid.individual.net> <VMPGM.500611$tTKa.47978@fx10.ams1> <uchobv$1kl3r$1@dont-email.me> <p5mcnbqpAYhz8HH5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com> <uchs3u$1lane$1@dont-email.me> <eKOcnYFFMP9jXXH5nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com> <20230828172744.2765eea6@jrenewsid.jretrading.com> <slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df> <QOQ+ubPDfg7kFwQj@brattleho.plus.com> <20230829164923.08db6d52@jrenewsid.jretrading.com> <m72dnXdotIVcg3P5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucld3g$2c1qn$2@dont-email.me>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 23 19:30:04 UTC
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
 by: charles - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 19:30 UTC

In article <ucld3g$2c1qn$2@dont-email.me>, The Natural Philosopher
<tnp@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 29/08/2023 17:37, Colin Bignell wrote:
> > On 29/08/2023 16:49, Joe wrote:

> > Up to ten, depending upon what criteria are used to link the deaths to
> > the riots. Two rioters died of heart attacks and one of a drug overdose.
> >
> >> Only one (unarmed person) was killed by another person, and we know
> >> all about that.
> >
> > A foreseeable result of attempting to force entry into the House
> > chamber, where members of Congress were taking shelter.
> >
> > No state employees were killed.
> >
> > One police officer died after suffering two stokes, eight hours after
> > having been attacked during the riot and three others, who were
> > attacked during the riots, committed suicide shortly after the event.
> > It is very unlikely that any of those would have died had the riot not
> > occurred.
> >

> What an amazing exercise in barrel scraping

> I know someone who died of a stroke shortly after attending Church.

and my mother had a stroke in church - on Christmas Day

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England - sent from my RISC OS 4té

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<5lKdnRgTVYh51XP5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102973&group=uk.d-i-y#102973

Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 20:37:07 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
From: cpb...@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk (Colin Bignell)
 by: Colin Bignell - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 19:37 UTC

> On 29/08/2023 17:37, Colin Bignell wrote:
>> On 29/08/2023 16:49, Joe wrote:

>> Up to ten, depending upon what criteria are used to link the deaths to
>> the riots. Two rioters died of heart attacks and one of a drug overdose.
>>
>>> Only one (unarmed person) was killed by another person, and we know all
>>> about that.
>>
>> A foreseeable result of attempting to force entry into the House
>> chamber, where members of Congress were taking shelter.
>>
>> No state employees were killed.
>>
>> One police officer died after suffering two stokes, eight hours after
>> having been attacked during the riot and three others, who were
>> attacked during the riots, committed suicide shortly after the event.
>> It is very unlikely that any of those would have died had the riot not
>> occurred.
>>

> What an amazing exercise in barrel scraping
>
> I know someone who died of a stroke shortly after attending Church.

Was that also medically linked to being attacked a few hours earlier?

--
Colin Bignell

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<op.2agvnocdbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102994&group=uk.d-i-y#102994

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 11:56:02 +1000
<XnsB06DBA5C9C107whhvans@135.181.20.170> <kl1i2dFmt89U1@mid.individual.net>
<kl1skjFpmpgU1@mid.individual.net> <VMPGM.500611$tTKa.47978@fx10.ams1>
<uchobv$1kl3r$1@dont-email.me> <p5mcnbqpAYhz8HH5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<uchs3u$1lane$1@dont-email.me> <eKOcnYFFMP9jXXH5nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>
<20230828172744.2765eea6@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
<slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df> <QOQ+ubPDfg7kFwQj@brattleho.plus.com>
<20230829164923.08db6d52@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
<m72dnXdotIVcg3P5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ucld3g$2c1qn$2@dont-email.me>
<5lKdnRgTVYh51XP5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 01:56 UTC

On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 05:37:07 +1000, Colin Bignell
<cpb@bignellremovethis.me.uk> wrote:

> On 29/08/2023 19:23, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

>>> Up to ten, depending upon what criteria are used to link the deaths to
>>> the riots. Two rioters died of heart attacks and one of a drug
>>> overdose.

>>> A foreseeable result of attempting to force entry into the House
>>> chamber, where members of Congress were taking shelter.
>>>
>>> No state employees were killed.
>>>
>>> One police officer died after suffering two stokes, eight hours after
>>> having been attacked during the riot and three others, who were
>>> attacked during the riots, committed suicide shortly after the event.
>>> It is very unlikely that any of those would have died had the riot not
>>> occurred.
>>>

>> What an amazing exercise in barrel scraping
>> I know someone who died of a stroke shortly after attending Church.
>>

> Was that also medically linked to being attacked a few hours earlier?

That never happened with the cop who died of a stroke.

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<ucmnhf$2l0je$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=103000&group=uk.d-i-y#103000

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 07:27:58 +0100
<XnsB06DBA5C9C107whhvans@135.181.20.170> <kl1i2dFmt89U1@mid.individual.net>
<kl1skjFpmpgU1@mid.individual.net> <VMPGM.500611$tTKa.47978@fx10.ams1>
<uchobv$1kl3r$1@dont-email.me>
<p5mcnbqpAYhz8HH5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<uchs3u$1lane$1@dont-email.me>
<eKOcnYFFMP9jXXH5nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>
<20230828172744.2765eea6@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
<slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df> <QOQ+ubPDfg7kFwQj@brattleho.plus.com>
<20230829164923.08db6d52@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
<m72dnXdotIVcg3P5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ucld3g$2c1qn$2@dont-email.me>
<5lKdnRgTVYh51XP5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: The Natural Philosop - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 06:27 UTC

On 29/08/2023 20:37, Colin Bignell wrote:
> On 29/08/2023 19:23, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

>>> Up to ten, depending upon what criteria are used to link the deaths
>>> to the riots. Two rioters died of heart attacks and one of a drug
>>> overdose.

>>> A foreseeable result of attempting to force entry into the House
>>> chamber, where members of Congress were taking shelter.
>>>
>>> No state employees were killed.
>>>
>>> One police officer died after suffering two stokes, eight hours after
>>> having been attacked during the riot and three others, who were
>>> attacked during the riots, committed suicide shortly after the event.
>>> It is very unlikely that any of those would have died had the riot
>>> not occurred.
>>>

>> What an amazing exercise in barrel scraping
>>
>> I know someone who died of a stroke shortly after attending Church.
>>

> Was that also medically linked to being attacked a few hours earlier?

Not in the case you cited, either.

You believe all the propaganda.

You even talk bollox.

"medically linked to being attacked a few hours earlier"

No one can know that.Its weasel talk

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<ucmnk5$2l0je$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=103001&group=uk.d-i-y#103001

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 07:29:25 +0100
<XnsB06DBA5C9C107whhvans@135.181.20.170> <kl1i2dFmt89U1@mid.individual.net>
<kl1skjFpmpgU1@mid.individual.net> <VMPGM.500611$tTKa.47978@fx10.ams1>
<uchobv$1kl3r$1@dont-email.me>
<p5mcnbqpAYhz8HH5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<uchs3u$1lane$1@dont-email.me>
<eKOcnYFFMP9jXXH5nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>
<20230828172744.2765eea6@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
<slrnues06t.4do.jj@iridium.wf32df> <QOQ+ubPDfg7kFwQj@brattleho.plus.com>
<20230829164923.08db6d52@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
<m72dnXdotIVcg3P5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<slrnuesekg.96g.maus@deb2.org>
 by: The Natural Philosop - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 06:29 UTC

On 29/08/2023 19:36, maus wrote:
> On 2023-08-29, Colin Bignell <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk> wrote:
>> On 29/08/2023 16:49, Joe wrote:

>> One police officer died after suffering two stokes, eight hours after
>> having been attacked during the riot and three others, who were attacked
>> during the riots, committed suicide shortly after the event. It is very
>> unlikely that any of those would have died had the riot not occurred.
>>

> Fake news,actually over 400 died or perhaps 800. It seems that dopey joe
> died and nobody has noticed yet

BBC has been staffed by zombies for years and no one has noticed.
--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<ucmnu2$2l0je$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=103003&group=uk.d-i-y#103003

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 07:34:42 +0100
<XnsB06DBA5C9C107whhvans@135.181.20.170> <kl1i2dFmt89U1@mid.individual.net>
<kl1skjFpmpgU1@mid.individual.net> <VMPGM.500611$tTKa.47978@fx10.ams1>
<uchobv$1kl3r$1@dont-email.me>
<p5mcnbqpAYhz8HH5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<uchs3u$1lane$1@dont-email.me>
<eKOcnYFFMP9jXXH5nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>
<20230828172744.2765eea6@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
<rLacnfnOBvmNuXP5nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<slrnuesfu6.96g.maus@deb2.org>
 by: The Natural Philosop - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 06:34 UTC

On 29/08/2023 19:58, maus wrote:
> On 2023-08-29, Colin Bignell <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk> wrote:
>> On 28/08/2023 17:27, Joe wrote:

>>> It wasn't a riot, it was a firearm-free insurrection.
>>
>> Three people arrested in connection with the riot faced firearms charges
>> and stun-guns are classed as firearms in the UK. In close quarter
>> fighting, the baseball bats also used can be just as lethal as a gun.
>>
>>> Get it right.
>>

> Among the sillier bits of regulation there, the yanks (who is being
> yanked?) regard cipher as a state secret, and long ago, one could be
> extradited UK>US for using RSA cipher. I have decided long ago that
> cipher is bunk,

Lol.
many years ago they stopped the export of the unix library crypt() so I
couldn't compile a pop server to run on SCO Unix. (Crypt is used in
password recognition)

However the source was available online at Berkeley university, so I
pulled that down and compiled it.

If you ever used POP mail at Demon, that was my code. The Governments
make pronouncements at one level, but are clueless at another level.

--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.

Re: OT: Trump - what a mug

<EuOdnVGKj4AEhHL5nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=103014&group=uk.d-i-y#103014

Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 11:27:36 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
From: cpb...@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk (Colin Bignell)
 by: Colin Bignell - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 10:27 UTC

> On 29/08/2023 20:37, Colin Bignell wrote:

>>> What an amazing exercise in barrel scraping
>>>
>>> I know someone who died of a stroke shortly after attending Church.
>>>

>> Was that also medically linked to being attacked a few hours earlier?
>>
> Not in the case you cited, either.
>
> You believe all the propaganda.
>
> You even talk bollox.
>
>  "medically linked to being attacked a few hours earlier"
>
> No one can know that.Its weasel talk

It is the job of the medical examiner to determine the cause of death
and the findings confirmed that he died in the line of duty, rather than
of natural causes.

--
Colin Bignell

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: OT: Trump - what a mug