Yow! I just went below the poverty line!

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

SubjectAuthor
* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller
+* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaAlan Lee
|+- Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller
|`- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaMark Olson
+* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaTurby
|+* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller
||+- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaEddie
||`* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaTurby
|| +* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaPete Fisher
|| |+- Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnachrisnd @ukrm
|| |+- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaRustyHinge
|| |`* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaMike Fleming
|| | `- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaRustyHinge
|| +* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnageoffC
|| |`- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaRustyHinge
|| `* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaRustyHinge
||  `* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaTurby
||   +- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaRustyHinge
||   +- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaPete Fisher
||   +* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnawessie
||   |+- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaEddie
||   |+- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaTurby
||   |`- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaRustyHinge
||   `* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnageoffC
||    `- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaTurby
|`- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaRustyHinge
+* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaPipl
|`- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaBoots
+* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaBoots
|`* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller
| +* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaTim
| |`* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaRustyHinge
| | `* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller
| |  `* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnachrisnd @ukrm
| |   `* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaPipl
| |    +- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaTim
| |    `* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller
| |     `* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaRustyHinge
| |      `* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller
| |       `- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaRustyHinge
| +- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaMike Fleming
| +- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaPipl
| `* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaGeoffC
|  `* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaPipl
|   `* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnawessie
|    `* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaPipl
|     +- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaGeoffC
|     `- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaRustyHinge
+* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaAlex Ferrier
|+- Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller
|`* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaMike Fleming
| `* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaAlex Ferrier
|  `- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaChamp
+* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaPete Fisher
|`* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller
| +* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaPete Fisher
| |`* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaSqirrel99
| | +* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaPete Fisher
| | |`* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaSqirrel99
| | | +- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaPete Fisher
| | | `* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnachrisnd @ukrm
| | |  `- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaSqirrel99
| | `- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaChamp
| `* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaMark Roberts
|  `* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller
|   `* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaMark Roberts
|    `* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller
|     `- Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaMark Roberts
`* Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller
 `* Slightly annoyed by my HusqvarnaAlex Ferrier
  `- Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarnasweller

Pages:123
Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tkp17d$184mm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12893&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12893

From: me...@home.nl (GeoffC)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:55:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: GeoffC - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:55 UTC

sweller wrote:

> I can't see the clocks or sat nav, distance is ok. I was also having
> a problem with oncoming headlights.
>
> The optician said that the correction to distance vision would help as
> it reduces the halo effect of the headlights. I hope it does as it is
> becoming a literal and metaphorical headache.

When I started seeing halo's around lights it turned out to be as a
result of (very) high eye pressure.
Just sayin'

--
Geoff
NTV 650

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tkp4ka$188qo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12894&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12894

From: xsu...@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 13:53:14 -0800
 by: Turby - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 21:53 UTC

On 11/11/2022 11:37 AM, sweller wrote:
> Turby wrote:
>
>>> [1] It looks as if I now have to wear glasses all the time.
>>> Tedious.
>>
>> I think I started wearing glasses when I was 10, around 65 years ago.
>> You'll get used to them.
>
> Yes, but for me it's down to the inexorable passage of time, the
> encroaching shadow of mortality; not because I was defective as a minor.

Oh, you wanna talk about the hassles of age, I got a list you can pick
from. Now, catheters are tedious.

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS & ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<jtbj95F7735U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12899&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12899

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 07:05:11 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 07:05 UTC

On 12/11/2022 21:53, Turby wrote:

>>> I think I started wearing glasses when I was 10, around 65 years ago.
>>> You'll get used to them.
>>
>> Yes, but for me it's down to the inexorable passage of time, the
>> encroaching shadow of mortality; not because I was defective as a minor.
>>
> Oh, you wanna talk about the hassles of age, I got a list you can pick
> from. Now, catheters are tedious.

Oh.
Perhaps we should list them in our sigs ?
At least in the UK we still get our prescriptions free once the warranty
period is well and truly over. My regular medication list seems to grow
by a line every year lately.

--
Moto Morini 2C/375, Moto Morini 2C/350
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<jtc288F9e4jU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12917&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12917

From: chri...@privacy.net (chrisnd @ukrm)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 11:20:40 +0000
 by: chrisnd @ukrm - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 11:20 UTC

On 13/11/2022 07:05, Pete Fisher wrote:
> On 12/11/2022 21:53, Turby wrote:

>>> Yes, but for me it's down to the inexorable passage of time, the
>>> encroaching shadow of mortality; not because I was defective as a minor.
>>>
>> Oh, you wanna talk about the hassles of age, I got a list you can pick
>> from. Now, catheters are tedious.
>>

> Oh.
> Perhaps we should list them in our sigs ?
> At least in the UK we still get our prescriptions free once the warranty
> period is well and truly over. My regular medication list seems to grow
> by a line every year lately.

A whole new area for KoTLs?

Chris
--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<jtc2kqF9e4jU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12918&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12918

From: chri...@privacy.net (chrisnd @ukrm)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 11:27:22 +0000
 by: chrisnd @ukrm - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 11:27 UTC

On 12/11/2022 19:08, sweller wrote:
> RustyHinge wrote:
>
>>> This is a me too moment. If you do get a fix for both please update.
>>
>> Fix for badly adjusted headlights long overdue. Draconian enforcement
>> of the law is needed.
>>
>> Fix for dipstick non-dippers, ditto.
>

> The badly adjusted of the old type won't be eye searingly white.
> They'll be a bright old colour.
>
> The LED modern stuff aren't badly adjusted (they're automatic now)
> they're just too bright and the wrong colour - my problem is with them
> and the automatic dippers (which don't).

Agreed.

I suspect[1] that the human eye's response to the very white LED lights
is different to that of filament bulbs and means that the white LEDs
have to be brighter to give the same degree of perceptible illumination?
(IYSWIM?)
I have made a point of purchasing 'warm white' LED floodlights etc
because not only are they easier on the eye but also seem to illuminate
more effectively for a given wattage than pure white ones

However, I'm a physicist so I'll step back and wait for a biologist who
knows about eye responses to come forward...[2]

Chris
[1] Ie I haven't got around to googling it
[2] Or someone who has got around to googling it
--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t
http://www.Deuchars.org.uk

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tkqmlp$1ern7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12920&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12920

From: me...@home.nl (geoffC)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 12:07:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: geoffC - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 12:07 UTC

On 12/11/2022 22:53, Turby wrote:

>Oh, you wanna talk about the hassles of age, I got a list you can pick
>from. Now, catheters are tedious.

I challenge any male over a certain age to read that and not shift
uncomfortably in his seat.

--
Geoff
NTV 650

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tkqnqr$1eujd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12921&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12921

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 12:27:07 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 12:27 UTC

On 12/11/2022 21:53, Turby wrote:

>>> I think I started wearing glasses when I was 10, around 65 years ago.
>>> You'll get used to them.
>>
>> Yes, but for me it's down to the inexorable passage of time, the
>> encroaching shadow of mortality; not because I was defective as a minor.
>>
> Oh, you wanna talk about the hassles of age, I got a list you can pick
> from. Now, catheters are tedious.

Ask your doctor about Finasteride. One day started to leak round it, not
long after that it just slipped out and I've never looked back - it
really does work. - I. P. Freely.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tkqo11$1ev92$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12922&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12922

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 12:30:25 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 12:30 UTC

On 13/11/2022 07:05, Pete Fisher wrote:
> On 12/11/2022 21:53, Turby wrote:

>>> Yes, but for me it's down to the inexorable passage of time, the
>>> encroaching shadow of mortality; not because I was defective as a minor.
>>>
>> Oh, you wanna talk about the hassles of age, I got a list you can pick
>> from. Now, catheters are tedious.
>>

> Oh.
> Perhaps we should list them in our sigs ?
> At least in the UK we still get our prescriptions free once the warranty
> period is well and truly over. My regular medication list seems to grow
> by a line every year lately.

My list has been diminishing annually.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tkqo7k$1evm4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12923&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12923

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 12:33:56 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 12:33 UTC

On 13/11/2022 12:07, geoffC wrote:
> On 12/11/2022 22:53, Turby wrote:
>

>> Oh, you wanna talk about the hassles of age, I got a list you can pick
>> from. Now, catheters are tedious.
>>

> I challenge any male over a certain age to read that and not shift
> uncomfortably in his seat.

Challenge accepted.

<smug> I.P.Freely </smug>

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<jtcp4vFcubvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12929&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12929

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 17:51:27 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 17:51 UTC

On 13/11/2022 07:05, Pete Fisher wrote:
> At least in the UK we still get our prescriptions free once the warranty
> period is well and truly over. My regular medication list seems to grow
> by a line every year lately.

Mine has growth spurts.

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<u1d2nhtpu24k8kv4r1s2ia5vs5j3ir4lkt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12931&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12931

From: plusc...@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:32:06 +0000
 by: Pipl - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:32 UTC

On Sun, 13 Nov 2022 11:27:22 +0000, "chrisnd @ukrm"
<chrisnd@privacy.net> wrote:

>>> Fix for badly adjusted headlights long overdue. Draconian enforcement
>>> of the law is needed.
>>>
>>> Fix for dipstick non-dippers, ditto.
>>

>> The badly adjusted of the old type won't be eye searingly white.
>> They'll be a bright old colour.
>>
>> The LED modern stuff aren't badly adjusted (they're automatic now)
>> they're just too bright and the wrong colour - my problem is with them
>> and the automatic dippers (which don't).
>>
>Agreed.
>
>I suspect[1] that the human eye's response to the very white LED lights
>is different to that of filament bulbs and means that the white LEDs
>have to be brighter to give the same degree of perceptible illumination?
>(IYSWIM?)

ISWYM. That might be true, or maybe the other way round: I have a
vague idea that humans are most sensitive to green in bright
conditions but a switft Google suggests it shifts more towards the
blue in low light conditions, and LEDs tend towards the blue end.

Humans can see using red light at night without degrading night vision
too much (hence red military torches, darkroom lights and red control
room lights in submarines when at periscope depth or surfaced at
night), which suggests that we see the more bluey-green colours rather
more easily in low light (as the red light doesn't stimulate the
green/blue receptors so much and therefore doesn't overload them).

>However, I'm a physicist so I'll step back and wait for a biologist who
>knows about eye responses to come forward...[2]

I'm neither, but I can drive Google.

--

-Pip

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<l1e2nh5gt8q3hctb12sie2emi8agbq5qan@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12932&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12932

From: plusc...@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:34:25 +0000
 by: Pipl - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:34 UTC

On Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:55:09 -0000 (UTC), "GeoffC" <me@home.nl> wrote:

>sweller wrote:
>

>> I can't see the clocks or sat nav, distance is ok. I was also having
>> a problem with oncoming headlights.
>>
>> The optician said that the correction to distance vision would help as
>> it reduces the halo effect of the headlights. I hope it does as it is
>> becoming a literal and metaphorical headache.
>
>When I started seeing halo's around lights it turned out to be as a
>result of (very) high eye pressure.
>Just sayin'

There's a name for that condition and it is apparently Bad News (not
the actual name). Thankfully the local opticians have stopped using
that horrible machine that puffs air into one's eye to test for this
for something much less uncomfortable.

--

-Pip

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<XnsAF4EC4589222Fwtymmmsas@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12936&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12936

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:18:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:18 UTC

Pipl <pluscher@live.co.uk> wrote in

> On Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:55:09 -0000 (UTC), "GeoffC" <me@home.nl> wrote:
>
>>sweller wrote:
>>

>>> I can't see the clocks or sat nav, distance is ok. I was also having
>>> a problem with oncoming headlights.
>>>
>>> The optician said that the correction to distance vision would help as
>>> it reduces the halo effect of the headlights. I hope it does as it is
>>> becoming a literal and metaphorical headache.
>>
>>When I started seeing halo's around lights it turned out to be as a
>>result of (very) high eye pressure.
>>Just sayin'
>
> There's a name for that condition and it is apparently Bad News (not
> the actual name). Thankfully the local opticians have stopped using
> that horrible machine that puffs air into one's eye to test for this
> for something much less uncomfortable.

it's called glaucoma and the sugar mongs have an annual eye pressure check
as it can develop if sugar not well managed. The hospital clinic still uses
airy puffs. We also have our retinas scanned and they still use eye drops
to blow your pupils that a) has a yellow dye that is difficult to get out
of a white hankie or shirt and b) stings like fuck. Sadistic bastards.

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<dog2nhpthi4ahvah21ptjtnhnho2u49f1g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12937&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12937

From: plusc...@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:20:21 +0000
 by: Pipl - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:20 UTC

On Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:18:05 -0000 (UTC), wessie
<willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:

>Pipl <pluscher@live.co.uk> wrote in

>>>When I started seeing halo's around lights it turned out to be as a
>>>result of (very) high eye pressure.
>>>Just sayin'
>>
>> There's a name for that condition and it is apparently Bad News (not
>> the actual name). Thankfully the local opticians have stopped using
>> that horrible machine that puffs air into one's eye to test for this
>> for something much less uncomfortable.
>>

>it's called glaucoma

That's the puppy! Got a memory like... like a.... like a thing with
holes in it.

>and the sugar mongs have an annual eye pressure check
>as it can develop if sugar not well managed. The hospital clinic still uses
>airy puffs. We also have our retinas scanned and they still use eye drops
>to blow your pupils that a) has a yellow dye that is difficult to get out
>of a white hankie or shirt and b) stings like fuck.

>Sadistic bastards.

They have to find their fun where they can.

--

-Pip

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tkrq38$1hr34$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12943&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12943

From: me...@home.nl (GeoffC)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 22:11:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: GeoffC - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 22:11 UTC

Pipl wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:18:05 -0000 (UTC), wessie
> <willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:
>
> >Pipl <pluscher@live.co.uk> wrote in

> >> There's a name for that condition and it is apparently Bad News
> (not >> the actual name). Thankfully the local opticians have stopped
> using >> that horrible machine that puffs air into one's eye to test
> for this >> for something much less uncomfortable.
> >>

> > it's called glaucoma
>
> That's the puppy! Got a memory like... like a.... like a thing with
> holes in it.
>
> > and the sugar mongs have an annual eye pressure check
> > as it can develop if sugar not well managed. The hospital clinic
> > still uses airy puffs. We also have our retinas scanned and they
> > still use eye drops to blow your pupils that a) has a yellow dye
> > that is difficult to get out of a white hankie or shirt and b)
> > stings like fuck.
>
> > Sadistic bastards.
>
> They have to find their fun where they can.

Yes, I had pigmentary glaucoma and they fixed it with laser treatment
to unblock the drains. They are hot on this because high eye pressure
can cause permanent damage to the optic nerve and it happens sometimes
unnoticed and with very few symptoms apart from sometimes 'halos round
lights' not always glaucoma but it's worth getting it checked I think.
On my checks, there are two sets of drops, atropine to dilate the
pupils and some kind of local anasthetic so you cant feel that blue
thing when it gently touches your eye to measure the pressure, that's
the very yellow one.

--
Geoff
NTV 650

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tks92p$1j2re$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12947&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12947

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 02:27:38 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 02:27 UTC

On 13/11/2022 17:51, Mike Fleming wrote:
> On 13/11/2022 07:05, Pete Fisher wrote:
>> At least in the UK we still get our prescriptions free once the
>> warranty period is well and truly over. My regular medication list
>> seems to grow by a line every year lately.
>
> Mine has growth spurts.

Mine has fairly regular shrinkage.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tks9hd$1lufp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12948&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12948

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 02:35:24 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 02:35 UTC

On 13/11/2022 19:20, Pipl wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:18:05 -0000 (UTC), wessie
> <willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:
>
>> Pipl <pluscher@live.co.uk> wrote in

>>> There's a name for that condition and it is apparently Bad News (not
>>> the actual name). Thankfully the local opticians have stopped using
>>> that horrible machine that puffs air into one's eye to test for this
>>> for something much less uncomfortable.
>>>

>> it's called glaucoma
>
> That's the puppy! Got a memory like... like a.... like a thing with
> holes in it.

Ocarina? Air filter? Rifle range target? Swiss cheese?

>> and the sugar mongs have an annual eye pressure check
>> as it can develop if sugar not well managed. The hospital clinic still uses
>> airy puffs. We also have our retinas scanned and they still use eye drops
>> to blow your pupils that a) has a yellow dye that is difficult to get out
>> of a white hankie or shirt and b) stings like fuck.
>
>> Sadistic bastards.
>
> They have to find their fun where they can.

Aye.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tktgve$1p0c2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12963&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12963

From: secret.s...@gmail.com (Sqirrel99)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 13:48:28 +0000
 by: Sqirrel99 - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 13:48 UTC

Pete Fisher wrote:
> On 12/11/2022 13:06, sweller wrote:
>
>> [1] "Have we got a video?"
>>

> That would be much simpler on Mastodon - though storage space hungry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiHDOO0LNHY

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<jtf09nFl9iaU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12966&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12966

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:05:43 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:05 UTC

On 14/11/2022 13:48, Sqirrel99 wrote:
> Pete Fisher wrote:
>> On 12/11/2022 13:06, sweller wrote:
> >
>>> [1]  "Have we got a video?"
>>>

>> That would be much simpler on Mastodon - though storage space hungry.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiHDOO0LNHY

Ho Ho

But I had to do an extra click to see it!

--
Moto Morini 2C/375, Moto Morini 2C/350
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen
"Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in the reality"

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tkticq$1p6ah$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12968&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12968

From: secret.s...@gmail.com (Sqirrel99)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:12:40 +0000
 by: Sqirrel99 - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:12 UTC

Pete Fisher wrote:
> On 14/11/2022 13:48, Sqirrel99 wrote:
>> Pete Fisher wrote:

>>> That would be much simpler on Mastodon - though storage space hungry.
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiHDOO0LNHY
>
> Ho Ho
>
> But I had to do an extra click to see it!

I actually think this is a positive - it means I can
stay text-only unless I take deliberate action to see
the dancing pigs.

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<jtf1iuFou2aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12969&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12969

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:27:42 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:27 UTC

On 14/11/2022 14:12, Sqirrel99 wrote:
> Pete Fisher wrote:
>>>  >

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiHDOO0LNHY
>>
>> Ho Ho
>>
>> But I had to do an extra click to see it!
>
> I actually think this is a positive - it means I can
> stay text-only unless I take deliberate action to see
> the dancing pigs.

GPWM.

Then on Mastodon you can choose "always hide media".

Let's not get started on Content Warnings!

--
Moto Morini 2C/375, Moto Morini 2C/350
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen
"Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in the reality"

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<jtf7tdFpst6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12970&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12970

From: chri...@privacy.net (chrisnd @ukrm)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 16:15:41 +0000
 by: chrisnd @ukrm - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 16:15 UTC

On 14/11/2022 14:12, Sqirrel99 wrote:
> Pete Fisher wrote:
>>>  >

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiHDOO0LNHY
>>
>> Ho Ho
>>
>> But I had to do an extra click to see it!
>
> I actually think this is a positive - it means I can
> stay text-only unless I take deliberate action to see
> the dancing pigs.
Having understood nothing whatsoever in this thread, I can at least tell
you where the dancing pigs are:
https://www.deuchars.org.uk/blackpig/videos.htm
HTH
Chris
--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t
http://www.Deuchars.org.uk

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<9gu4nhlmhelvhl7e3be717r4psfdd8k045@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12971&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12971

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 17:25:42 +0000
 by: Champ - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 17:25 UTC

On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 13:48:28 +0000, Sqirrel99
<secret.sqirrel99@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 12/11/2022 13:06, sweller wrote:

>>> [1] "Have we got a video?"

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiHDOO0LNHY

<applause>
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tkvgqv$214b1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12979&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12979

From: secret.s...@gmail.com (Sqirrel99)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 07:58:23 +0000
 by: Sqirrel99 - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 07:58 UTC

chrisnd @ukrm wrote:
> On 14/11/2022 14:12, Sqirrel99 wrote:
>> Pete Fisher wrote:

>>> Ho Ho
>>>
>>> But I had to do an extra click to see it!
>> I actually think this is a positive - it means I can
>> stay text-only unless I take deliberate action to see
>> the dancing pigs.
> Having understood nothing whatsoever in this thread, I can at least tell
> you where the dancing pigs are:
> https://www.deuchars.org.uk/blackpig/videos.htm

I clicked the link to see them, too !

Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna

<tkvn1s$21j53$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12981&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#12981

From: nob...@home.co.uk (Tim)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 09:44:26 +0000
 by: Tim - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 09:44 UTC

On 13/11/2022 18:32, Pipl wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2022 11:27:22 +0000, "chrisnd @ukrm"
> <chrisnd@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> On 12/11/2022 19:08, sweller wrote:
>>> RustyHinge wrote:

[snip]

> ISWYM. That might be true, or maybe the other way round: I have a
> vague idea that humans are most sensitive to green in bright
> conditions but a switft Google suggests it shifts more towards the
> blue in low light conditions, and LEDs tend towards the blue end.
>
> Humans can see using red light at night without degrading night vision
> too much (hence red military torches, darkroom lights and red control
> room lights in submarines when at periscope depth or surfaced at
> night), which suggests that we see the more bluey-green colours rather
> more easily in low light (as the red light doesn't stimulate the
> green/blue receptors so much and therefore doesn't overload them).
>
>> However, I'm a physicist so I'll step back and wait for a biologist who
>> knows about eye responses to come forward...[2]
>
> I'm neither, but I can drive Google.

Having once been employed in medical physics (I spent many hours
processing x-ray type films), I would have thought that the comments
about red light in dark rooms misses the point that the film isn't
sensitive to red at the particular wavelength of the filter.

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: Slightly annoyed by my Husqvarna