19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be more consistent with Usenet standards.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: CRASH

SubjectAuthor
* CRASHjonz
+* Re: CRASHDaryl
|`- Re: CRASHXeno
`* Re: CRASHNoddy
 +- Re: CRASHXeno
 +- Re: CRASHDaryl
 +* Re: CRASHalvey
 |`* Re: CRASHyosemite sam
 | +* Re: CRASHXeno
 | |`- Re: CRASHyosemite sam
 | `- Re: CRASHyosemite sam
 +* Re: CRASHjonz
 |`- Re: CRASHyosemite sam
 `* Re: CRASHkeithr0
  `* Re: CRASHNoddy
   +- Re: CRASHXeno
   +- Re: CRASHalvey
   +- Re: CRASHClocky
   `* Re: CRASHkeithr0
    +- Re: CRASHXeno
    +* Re: CRASHNoddy
    |+* Re: CRASHXeno
    ||`* Re: CRASHalvey
    || `* Re: CRASHlindsay
    ||  +* Re: CRASHNoddy
    ||  |+- Re: CRASHalvey
    ||  |+* Re: CRASHXeno
    ||  ||+* Re: CRASHlindsay
    ||  |||+* Re: CRASHNoddy
    ||  ||||+* Re: CRASHXeno
    ||  |||||`* Re: CRASHGrumpy Tech
    ||  ||||| `* Re: CRASHNoddy
    ||  |||||  +* Re: CRASHyosemite sam
    ||  |||||  |+- Re: CRASHjonz
    ||  |||||  |`* Re: CRASHClocky
    ||  |||||  | `- Re: CRASHyosemite sam
    ||  |||||  `- Re: CRASHXeno
    ||  ||||+- Re: CRASHyosemite sam
    ||  ||||`- Re: CRASHalvey
    ||  |||+- Re: CRASHjonz
    ||  |||+* Re: CRASHyosemite sam
    ||  ||||`* Re: CRASHalvey
    ||  |||| `- Re: CRASHjonz
    ||  |||`* Re: CRASHalvey
    ||  ||| `* Re: CRASHXeno
    ||  |||  `* Re: CRASHyosemite sam
    ||  |||   `- Re: CRASHClocky
    ||  ||`- Re: CRASHyosemite sam
    ||  |`* Re: CRASHlindsay
    ||  | +* Re: CRASHNoddy
    ||  | |`- Re: CRASHalvey
    ||  | `- Re: CRASHyosemite sam
    ||  `* Re: CRASHyosemite sam
    ||   `* Re: CRASHlindsay
    ||    +* Re: CRASHNoddy
    ||    |`- Re: CRASHyosemite sam
    ||    +- Re: CRASHjonz
    ||    +- Re: CRASHyosemite sam
    ||    +- Re: CRASHalvey
    ||    `* Re: CRASHKeithr0
    ||     +- Re: CRASHyosemite sam
    ||     `- Re: CRASHjonz
    |+- Re: CRASHalvey
    |`- Re: CRASHKeithr0
    `* Re: CRASHDaryl
     +* Re: CRASHNoddy
     |`* Re: CRASHDaryl
     | `* Re: CRASHNoddy
     |  `* Re: CRASHDaryl
     |   `* Re: CRASHNoddy
     |    `* Re: CRASHDaryl
     |     `* Re: CRASHNoddy
     |      `* Re: CRASHDaryl
     |       `* Re: CRASHNoddy
     |        +* Re: CRASHClocky
     |        |`* Re: CRASHXeno
     |        | `- Re: CRASHClocky
     |        +- Re: CRASHXeno
     |        `* Re: CRASHDaryl
     |         +- Re: CRASHXeno
     |         `* Re: CRASHNoddy
     |          +- Re: CRASHDaryl
     |          +- Re: CRASHXeno
     |          `- Re: CRASHClocky
     `- Re: CRASHXeno

Pages:1234
Re: CRASH

<tmr94q$m4rs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21119&group=aus.cars#21119

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: CRASH
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 10:55:06 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 23:55 UTC

On 8/12/2022 9:52 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 7/12/2022 8:30 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>> The 1990 Twincam was entertaining for it's day, and the 2004 Sportivo
>> (yes it did have a tacho) certainly was.
>

> Both of those were made quite some time ago.
> Bloke who I used to buy carpet cleaning equipment from had a Twin Cam
> Corolla parked in his factory, I offered to buy it from him several
> times hoping that he didn't know much about it, he politely told me to
> fuck off:-)

Lol :)

> I think Corolla's are very good cars, certainly not exciting but that
> can be said about the vast majority of today's cars.

Agreed. I think they're just like a Camry. They get the job done, but
there's nothing about them to rave about. In that sense I don't find
them to be any better or worse than anything else in their class.

> Not sure if its been released in Australia yet ( next year?) but the new
> GR Corolla with 220kw and AWD will certainly change things but at more
> than $60K it won't be a volume seller.

Probably not, but some people will buy it anyway because (a) some people
are stupid, and (b) some people can't look beyond certain brands (which
also is partially covered by (a)).

It would want to be a sensational car to make it worth the 10 grand
extra spend over a Hyundai i30N.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: CRASH

<jvcoa5F8j38U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21120&group=aus.cars#21120

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 11:09:39 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 00:09 UTC

On 8/12/22 9:52 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 7/12/2022 8:30 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> Some, but it's been a very long time since they made one that could
>>> be considered even remotely entertaining.
>>>

>> The 1990 Twincam was entertaining for it's day, and the 2004 Sportivo
>> (yes it did have a tacho) certainly was.
>

> Both of those were made quite some time ago.

Superseded by the GR range of Toyotas.

> Bloke who I used to buy carpet cleaning equipment from had a Twin Cam
> Corolla parked in his factory, I offered to buy it from him several
> times hoping that he didn't know much about it, he politely told me to
> fuck off:-)
> I think Corolla's are very good cars, certainly not exciting but that
> can be said about the vast majority of today's cars.

Toyotas, like most other marques, are aimed squarely at the *family
sedan* end of the market and, as such, place higher values on safety,
reliability and longevity.

> Not sure if its been released in Australia yet ( next year?) but the new
> GR Corolla with 220kw and AWD will certainly change things but at more
> than $60K it won't be a volume seller.

The GR Corolla is not intended to be a *volume seller*. Recall, the GR
stands for *Gazoo Racing*.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Gazoo_Racing

FFS, they are only bringing in 500 to this country. That alone tells you
the GR Corolla is aimed at a *niche market*. Same as the GR Yaris of
which only 160 will be coming here for 2023. The price of the GR Yaris,
and the rate at which they sold out previously, indicates that price
alone does not determine how well such cars sell. The GR range sell
based on their *performance* alone. So much for those pundits who say
Toyotas are boring - shows how little they know.

____
Xeno

Re: CRASH

<jvcp4tF8ip0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21121&group=aus.cars#21121

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 11:23:57 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 00:23 UTC

On 8/12/2022 10:55 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 8/12/2022 9:52 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 7/12/2022 8:30 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>
>>> The 1990 Twincam was entertaining for it's day, and the 2004 Sportivo
>>> (yes it did have a tacho) certainly was.
>>

>> Both of those were made quite some time ago.
>> Bloke who I used to buy carpet cleaning equipment from had a Twin Cam
>> Corolla parked in his factory, I offered to buy it from him several
>> times hoping that he didn't know much about it, he politely told me to
>> fuck off:-)
>
> Lol :)
>
>> I think Corolla's are very good cars, certainly not exciting but that
>> can be said about the vast majority of today's cars.
>
> Agreed. I think they're just like a Camry. They get the job done, but
> there's nothing about them to rave about. In that sense I don't find
> them to be any better or worse than anything else in their class.
>
>> Not sure if its been released in Australia yet ( next year?) but the
>> new GR Corolla with 220kw and AWD will certainly change things but at
>> more than $60K it won't be a volume seller.
>
> Probably not, but some people will buy it anyway because (a) some people
> are stupid, and (b) some people can't look beyond certain brands (which
> also is partially covered by (a)).
>
> It would want to be a sensational car to make it worth the 10 grand
> extra spend over a Hyundai i30N.

i30N is certainly a lot of car for the money but the GR Corolla has a
lot more performance, 220kw vs 150kw, almost 1 sec faster 0-100kph.
Clever thing that Hyundai have done with the i30N is that the warranty
is still valid if its used as a track car, AFAIK the only other
manufacturer that does that is Porsche, I see lots of i30N's used as
track day cars, not voiding the warranty on the track has increased
their popularity.

--
Daryl

Re: CRASH

<tmre5b$mkms$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21122&group=aus.cars#21122

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:20:40 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 01:20 UTC

On 8/12/2022 11:23 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 8/12/2022 10:55 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> Not sure if its been released in Australia yet ( next year?) but the
>>> new GR Corolla with 220kw and AWD will certainly change things but at
>>> more than $60K it won't be a volume seller.
>>
>> Probably not, but some people will buy it anyway because (a) some
>> people are stupid, and (b) some people can't look beyond certain
>> brands (which also is partially covered by (a)).
>>
>> It would want to be a sensational car to make it worth the 10 grand
>> extra spend over a Hyundai i30N.
>>

> i30N is certainly a lot of car for the money but the GR Corolla has a
> lot more performance, 220kw vs 150kw, almost 1 sec faster 0-100kph.

I don't think the gap's that big today. The current 2022 i30N has an
output of 206kW and a 0-100 time of just over 5 seconds for the 8 speed
semi auto. Best of all the thing can be had for 49 grand plus on roads.

It's a shit-tonne of performance for the money.

> Clever thing that Hyundai have done with the i30N is that the warranty
> is still valid if its used as a track car, AFAIK the only other
> manufacturer that does that is Porsche, I see lots of i30N's used as
> track day cars, not voiding the warranty on the track has increased
> their popularity.

They make a quality car, and in the "hot hatch" segment the i30N is
certainly popular. Not only for it's value for money buying but also
because, as you say, you can cane the cunt out of the thing and the
warranty not be affected.

That's a big plus. I'll bet you any money you like Toyota won't do that.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: CRASH

<jvcvivF9dv4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21123&group=aus.cars#21123

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 13:13:51 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 02:13 UTC

On 8/12/2022 12:20 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Probably not, but some people will buy it anyway because (a) some
>>> people are stupid, and (b) some people can't look beyond certain
>>> brands (which also is partially covered by (a)).
>>>
>>> It would want to be a sensational car to make it worth the 10 grand
>>> extra spend over a Hyundai i30N.
>>>

>> i30N is certainly a lot of car for the money but the GR Corolla has a
>> lot more performance, 220kw vs 150kw, almost 1 sec faster 0-100kph.
>
> I don't think the gap's that big today. The current 2022 i30N has an
> output of 206kW and a 0-100 time of just over 5 seconds for the 8 speed
> semi auto. Best of all the thing can be had for 49 grand plus on roads.

I looked up the wrong car, 150kw is the N Line not the N.

> It's a shit-tonne of performance for the money.

Sure is but there is a bit of competition in that price range and
performance, base model manual WRX is pretty much the same price and
power, a bit more for an auto.

>> Clever thing that Hyundai have done with the i30N is that the warranty
>> is still valid if its used as a track car, AFAIK the only other
>> manufacturer that does that is Porsche, I see lots of i30N's used as
>> track day cars, not voiding the warranty on the track has increased
>> their popularity.
>
> They make a quality car, and in the "hot hatch" segment the i30N is
> certainly popular. Not only for it's value for money buying but also
> because, as you say, you can cane the cunt out of the thing and the
> warranty not be affected.
>
> That's a big plus. I'll bet you any money you like Toyota won't do that.

Surprisingly they do sort of.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/toyota-says-gr-corolla-warranty-covers-responsible-driving-at-track-days
If you build a car and aim it at "track day" drivers then it makes sense
to cover it for the purpose it was built for.
The interpretation of "responsible driving" might be interesting though.
I've seen a few cases recently where inexperienced track drivers have
dropped down too many gears and dropped the clutch over revving their
engines with disastrous results, possibly an auto trans might not allow
a driver to make that mistake.

--
Daryl

Re: CRASH

<tmsea3$rlpb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21124&group=aus.cars#21124

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 21:29:23 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 10:29 UTC

On 8/12/2022 1:13 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 8/12/2022 12:20 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 8/12/2022 11:23 am, Daryl wrote:
>
>> They make a quality car, and in the "hot hatch" segment the i30N is
>> certainly popular. Not only for it's value for money buying but also
>> because, as you say, you can cane the cunt out of the thing and the
>> warranty not be affected.
>>
>> That's a big plus. I'll bet you any money you like Toyota won't do that.
>>

> Surprisingly they do sort of.
> https://www.thedrive.com/news/toyota-says-gr-corolla-warranty-covers-responsible-driving-at-track-days
> If you build a car and aim it at "track day" drivers then it makes sense
> to cover it for the purpose it was built for.
> The interpretation of "responsible driving" might be interesting though.
> I've seen a few cases recently where inexperienced track drivers have
> dropped down too many gears and dropped the clutch over revving their
> engines with disastrous results, possibly an auto trans might not allow
> a driver to make that mistake.

Certainly seems like "interesting" behaviour from a company who, not all
that long ago, was the *only* one on the market who wouldn't allow
dealer fitted LPG conversions on their vehicles without the warranty
being affected.

Don't think I'd like to try to test the limits of what Toyota's idea of
a responsible track day driver is :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: CRASH

<jve0lvFeat5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21125&group=aus.cars#21125

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 22:38:38 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 11:38 UTC

On 8/12/2022 9:29 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 8/12/2022 1:13 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 8/12/2022 12:20 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>> On 8/12/2022 11:23 am, Daryl wrote:
>>
>>> They make a quality car, and in the "hot hatch" segment the i30N is
>>> certainly popular. Not only for it's value for money buying but also
>>> because, as you say, you can cane the cunt out of the thing and the
>>> warranty not be affected.
>>>
>>> That's a big plus. I'll bet you any money you like Toyota won't do that.
>>>

>> Surprisingly they do sort of.
>> https://www.thedrive.com/news/toyota-says-gr-corolla-warranty-covers-responsible-driving-at-track-days
>> If you build a car and aim it at "track day" drivers then it makes
>> sense to cover it for the purpose it was built for.
>> The interpretation of "responsible driving" might be interesting though.
>> I've seen a few cases recently where inexperienced track drivers have
>> dropped down too many gears and dropped the clutch over revving their
>> engines with disastrous results, possibly an auto trans might not
>> allow a driver to make that mistake.
>
> Certainly seems like "interesting" behaviour from a company who, not all
> that long ago, was the *only* one on the market who wouldn't allow
> dealer fitted LPG conversions on their vehicles without the warranty
> being affected.

That was always a bit odd, I know quite a few people who fitted LPG to
new Toyota's and never had a problem so its difficult to understand why
they were so against it.

> Don't think I'd like to try to test the limits of what Toyota's idea of
> a responsible track day driver is :)

Me either but maybe since the GR models are track focused they pretty
have to warrant them to a certain extent, I can imagine an owner who was
refused warranty because their car was driven on a track winning a court
case simply because the car is marketed to those sorts of drivers.

--
Daryl

Re: CRASH

<tmsphc$shf0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21126&group=aus.cars#21126

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 00:40:58 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 13:40 UTC

On 8/12/2022 10:38 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 8/12/2022 9:29 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Certainly seems like "interesting" behaviour from a company who, not
>> all that long ago, was the *only* one on the market who wouldn't allow
>> dealer fitted LPG conversions on their vehicles without the warranty
>> being affected.
>
> That was always a bit odd, I know quite a few people who fitted LPG to
> new Toyota's and never had a problem so its difficult to understand why
> they were so against it.

Same here. I never understood Toyota's logic behind that, especially
when virtually ever other manufacturer had no problem with it nor was
anyone experiencing a huge number of associated warranty claims.

It was completely innocuous, but Toyota rejected it anyway. Made
absolutely zero sense.

>> Don't think I'd like to try to test the limits of what Toyota's idea
>> of a responsible track day driver is :)
>
> Me either but maybe since the GR models are track focused they pretty
> have to warrant them to a certain extent, I can imagine an owner who was
> refused warranty because their car was driven on a track winning a court
> case simply because the car is marketed to those sorts of drivers.

Yeah, I'm not so sure.

Just about every 4 wheel drive vehicle you can buy is marketed in some
extreme fashion where they're shown jumping over sand dunes, or crossing
over rocky paths, or through creeks and mud bogs, yet if you were doing
any of those things in the real world and actually broke something I
would expect every manufacturer on the planet to deny a claim on the
grounds that the vehicle was being abused.

As for the GR "track" warranty, it would all hinge on the definition of
"Responsible". To you and me, "responsible" track time would be flogging
the crap out of the car while not hitting anyone else or an immovable
object. To Toyota, "responsible" probably means only using the track
when no one else is on it and not exceeding 100km/h.

It's interesting to note that while Hyundai claims to honour warranties
of i30N's used on a track, the warranty terms and conditions for the
i30N are exactly the same for everything else in the Hyundai range, and
under their terms and conditions clause 11 of the exclusions list states
that the warranty will not cover:

> Defects arising where the vehicle has been used for racing, rallying,
> competition or speed/endurance trials of any kind.

It would seem you can drive your i30N around the track as much as you
like, but admit to something as basic as using a stopwatch to record
your lap times and a claim will be denied if you should happen to break
something.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: CRASH

<jvf85oFk5viU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21127&group=aus.cars#21127

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 09:52:39 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 22:52 UTC

On 9/12/2022 12:40 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 8/12/2022 10:38 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 8/12/2022 9:29 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Certainly seems like "interesting" behaviour from a company who, not
>>> all that long ago, was the *only* one on the market who wouldn't
>>> allow dealer fitted LPG conversions on their vehicles without the
>>> warranty being affected.
>>
>> That was always a bit odd, I know quite a few people who fitted LPG to
>> new Toyota's and never had a problem so its difficult to understand
>> why they were so against it.
>
> Same here. I never understood Toyota's logic behind that, especially
> when virtually ever other manufacturer had no problem with it nor was
> anyone experiencing a huge number of associated warranty claims.
>
> It was completely innocuous, but Toyota rejected it anyway. Made
> absolutely zero sense.
>
>>> Don't think I'd like to try to test the limits of what Toyota's idea
>>> of a responsible track day driver is :)
>>
>> Me either but maybe since the GR models are track focused they pretty
>> have to warrant them to a certain extent, I can imagine an owner who
>> was refused warranty because their car was driven on a track winning a
>> court case simply because the car is marketed to those sorts of drivers.
>
> Yeah, I'm not so sure.
>
> Just about every 4 wheel drive vehicle you can buy is marketed in some
> extreme fashion where they're shown jumping over sand dunes, or crossing
> over rocky paths, or through creeks and mud bogs, yet if you were doing
> any of those things in the real world and actually broke something I
> would expect every manufacturer on the planet to deny a claim on the
> grounds that the vehicle was being abused.
>
> As for the GR "track" warranty, it would all hinge on the definition of
> "Responsible". To you and me, "responsible" track time would be flogging
> the crap out of the car while not hitting anyone else or an immovable
> object. To Toyota, "responsible" probably means only using the track
> when no one else is on it and not exceeding 100km/h.
>
> It's interesting to note that while Hyundai claims to honour warranties
> of i30N's used on a track, the warranty terms and conditions for the
> i30N are exactly the same for everything else in the Hyundai range, and
> under their terms and conditions clause 11 of the exclusions list states
> that the warranty will not cover:
>
>> Defects arising where the vehicle has been used for racing, rallying,
>> competition or speed/endurance trials of any kind.
>
> It would seem you can drive your i30N around the track as much as you
> like, but admit to something as basic as using a stopwatch to record
> your lap times and a claim will be denied if you should happen to break
> something.

Easier to just buy a new Porsche and know that its covered:-)

--
Daryl

Re: CRASH

<tmu0b6$vhlu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21128&group=aus.cars#21128

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 11:43:18 +1100
 by: Noddy - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 00:43 UTC

On 9/12/2022 9:52 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 9/12/2022 12:40 am, Noddy wrote:

>> It would seem you can drive your i30N around the track as much as you
>> like, but admit to something as basic as using a stopwatch to record
>> your lap times and a claim will be denied if you should happen to
>> break something.
>>

> Easier to just buy a new Porsche and know that its covered:-)

Probably :)

Personally I'd rather have some Yank muscle car. Hell of a lot slower
around the track, but a shitload more fun :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: CRASH

<tmu1vs$vl1c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21129&group=aus.cars#21129

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 09:11:24 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 01:11 UTC

On 9/12/2022 8:43 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/12/2022 9:52 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 9/12/2022 12:40 am, Noddy wrote:
>

>>> It would seem you can drive your i30N around the track as much as you
>>> like, but admit to something as basic as using a stopwatch to record
>>> your lap times and a claim will be denied if you should happen to
>>> break something.
>>>

>> Easier to just buy a new Porsche and know that its covered:-)
>
> Probably :)
>
> Personally I'd rather have some Yank muscle car. Hell of a lot slower
> around the track, but a shitload more fun :)

You can't handle a Getz FFS you ridiculous tosser.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: CRASH

<jvfgj6Flcj6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21130&group=aus.cars#21130

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 12:16:22 +1100
 by: Xeno - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 01:16 UTC

On 9/12/2022 11:43 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/12/2022 9:52 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 9/12/2022 12:40 am, Noddy wrote:
>

>>> It would seem you can drive your i30N around the track as much as you
>>> like, but admit to something as basic as using a stopwatch to record
>>> your lap times and a claim will be denied if you should happen to
>>> break something.
>>>

>> Easier to just buy a new Porsche and know that its covered:-)
>
> Probably :)
>
> Personally I'd rather have some Yank muscle car. Hell of a lot slower
> around the track, but a shitload more fun :)

Only because Yank muscle cars don't handle at all well - keeps the
idiots amused though.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: CRASH

<jvfgr4Flcj6U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21131&group=aus.cars#21131

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 12:20:36 +1100
 by: Xeno - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 01:20 UTC

On 9/12/2022 12:11 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 9/12/2022 8:43 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> Easier to just buy a new Porsche and know that its covered:-)
>>
>> Probably :)
>>
>> Personally I'd rather have some Yank muscle car. Hell of a lot slower
>> around the track, but a shitload more fun :)
>>

> You can't handle a Getz FFS you ridiculous tosser.

There is that ... !

Anyone who'd rather have a *Yank muscle car* over a *Porsche* is someone
who hasn't a clue what handling even is. But that's been evident for a
long time with Darren. I mean, who FFS headbutts a *bus*? And then goes
and cripples himself headbutting a car! Not real smart is Darren! Might
be better for the world at large if he turned his driver's licence in.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: CRASH

<jvfhu9FliegU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21132&group=aus.cars#21132

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 12:39:20 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 01:39 UTC

On 9/12/2022 11:43 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/12/2022 9:52 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 9/12/2022 12:40 am, Noddy wrote:
>

>>> It would seem you can drive your i30N around the track as much as you
>>> like, but admit to something as basic as using a stopwatch to record
>>> your lap times and a claim will be denied if you should happen to
>>> break something.
>>>

>> Easier to just buy a new Porsche and know that its covered:-)
>
> Probably :)
>
> Personally I'd rather have some Yank muscle car. Hell of a lot slower
> around the track, but a shitload more fun :)

Dodge Hellcat is pretty insane but asking price in Australia is also
insane at more than $200,000.00 and being made in the USA keeping it in
one piece for very long could be a challenge:-)

--
Daryl

Re: CRASH

<jvfl2mFm1pdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21133&group=aus.cars#21133

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: 9 Dec 2022 02:32:54 GMT
<tmsea3$rlpb$1@dont-email.me>
<jve0lvFeat5U1@mid.individual.net>
<tmsphc$shf0$1@dont-email.me>
<jvf85oFk5viU1@mid.individual.net>
<tmu0b6$vhlu$1@dont-email.me>
<jvfhu9FliegU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Xeno - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 02:32 UTC

Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote:
> On 9/12/2022 11:43 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> Easier to just buy a new Porsche and know that its covered:-)
>>
>> Probably :)
>>
>> Personally I'd rather have some Yank muscle car. Hell of a lot slower
>> around the track, but a shitload more fun :)
>>

> Dodge Hellcat is pretty insane but asking price in Australia is also
> insane at more than $200,000.00 and being made in the USA keeping it in
> one piece for very long could be a challenge:-)

For Darren, just keeping a Dodge Hellcat on the track for 5 minutes would
be an onerous task without even considering the build quality. He has
trouble managing a Getz on Mt Dandenong Rd.

____
Xeno

Re: CRASH

<tmug9e$13cl8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21134&group=aus.cars#21134

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 16:15:27 +1100
 by: Noddy - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 05:15 UTC

On 9/12/2022 12:39 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 9/12/2022 11:43 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> Easier to just buy a new Porsche and know that its covered:-)
>>
>> Probably :)
>>
>> Personally I'd rather have some Yank muscle car. Hell of a lot slower
>> around the track, but a shitload more fun :)
>>

> Dodge Hellcat is pretty insane but asking price in Australia is also
> insane at more than $200,000.00 and being made in the USA keeping it in
> one piece for very long could be a challenge:-)

There's that :)

I'm more into 60's iron, like a Boss 302 Mustang. Of course, it would
have the optional twin Dominator kit on it, because we all know how such
a massively oversized carb kit would see the engine *never* work.

Parnelli Jones must have cheated his fucking arse off to win all the
Trans Am series races he did with one :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: CRASH

<jvg1j2FnpmdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21135&group=aus.cars#21135

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 17:06:26 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 06:06 UTC

On 9/12/2022 4:15 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/12/2022 12:39 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> Probably :)
>>>
>>> Personally I'd rather have some Yank muscle car. Hell of a lot slower
>>> around the track, but a shitload more fun :)
>>>

>> Dodge Hellcat is pretty insane but asking price in Australia is also
>> insane at more than $200,000.00 and being made in the USA keeping it
>> in one piece for very long could be a challenge:-)
>
> There's that :)
>
> I'm more into 60's iron, like a Boss 302 Mustang. Of course, it would
> have the optional twin Dominator kit on it, because we all know how such
> a massively oversized carb kit would see the engine *never* work.
>
> Parnelli Jones must have cheated his fucking arse off to win all the
> Trans Am series races he did with one :)

LOL.

--
Daryl

Re: CRASH

<jvg8t8ForkiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21136&group=aus.cars#21136

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 19:11:20 +1100
 by: Xeno - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 08:11 UTC

On 9/12/2022 4:15 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/12/2022 12:39 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> Probably :)
>>>
>>> Personally I'd rather have some Yank muscle car. Hell of a lot slower
>>> around the track, but a shitload more fun :)
>>>

>> Dodge Hellcat is pretty insane but asking price in Australia is also
>> insane at more than $200,000.00 and being made in the USA keeping it
>> in one piece for very long could be a challenge:-)
>
> There's that :)
>
> I'm more into 60's iron, like a Boss 302 Mustang. Of course, it would
> have the optional twin Dominator kit on it, because we all know how such
> a massively oversized carb kit would see the engine *never* work.

A 302 engine will *still* only flow ~750 CFM @ 7,000 RPM Darren. And
that's assuming a very top end volumetric efficiency of 120%.

I've already explained to you how it all works but, as per usual, you
just don't get it. You treat each carb throat as if it were a single
barrel carb on a single cylinder engine. IOW, the carb only flows for
25% - 35% of the full 4 stroke cycle and you rely on *pulsed* flow. Carb
CFM ratings only apply to *continuous flow* of the sort you would
achieve on a flow bench. You really don't understand this stuff, do you?

The *downside*, you end up with an engine that idles at 3,000 RPM+ and
has a very narrow torque and power band. As such, that engine is useless
as a streeter. It's only good on high speed tracks like Indianapolis and
drag strips where the engine can be maintained in that narrow band of
operation. Now, had you *actually* had done an apprenticeship as a motor
mechanic, and completed it, this wouldn't be an alien concept to you.

> Parnelli Jones must have cheated his fucking arse off to win all the
> Trans Am series races he did with one :)

You should stop reading those racing magazines Darren. They are leading
you to believe you can achieve what the pros achieve - and that's
playing merry hell with your fantasies. Not good. But then you claimed
you achieved 600 neddies with a *stock* 350 Chev block with a 4V Ford
head *kludged* onto it. Darren, you aren't fit to be in the company of
greats like Parnelli Jones - he was a doer, an achiever, a *winner*!
You're nothing but a bullshitting loser who can't even *safely* drive a
Getz down Mt Dandenong in the company of other vehicles.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: CRASH

<tn0ir7$1de8r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21137&group=aus.cars#21137

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 08:11:20 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 00:11 UTC

On 9/12/2022 9:20 am, Xeno wrote:
> On 9/12/2022 12:11 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> Probably :)
>>>
>>> Personally I'd rather have some Yank muscle car. Hell of a lot slower
>>> around the track, but a shitload more fun :)
>>>

>> You can't handle a Getz FFS you ridiculous tosser.
>>
> There is that ... !
>

> Anyone who'd rather have a *Yank muscle car* over a *Porsche* is someone
> who hasn't a clue what handling even is.

Whatever it was he'd slam it into a wall!

But that's been evident for a
> long time with Darren. I mean, who FFS headbutts a *bus*? And then goes
> and cripples himself headbutting a car! Not real smart is Darren! Might
> be better for the world at large if he turned his driver's licence in.

Well, I guess with his payout he did buy a bunch of tools he's only
qualified to polish.

The Steven Seagal of aus.cars still manages to suck a few plebs in with
his bullshit. You can't read LTFT with a diagnostic scan tool...
hahahaha that's absolute proof he's a clueless loser!

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: CRASH

<tn19j6$1jr53$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21144&group=aus.cars#21144

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 14:39:29 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 06:39 UTC

On 9/12/2022 1:15 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/12/2022 12:39 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> Probably :)
>>>
>>> Personally I'd rather have some Yank muscle car. Hell of a lot slower
>>> around the track, but a shitload more fun :)
>>>

>> Dodge Hellcat is pretty insane but asking price in Australia is also
>> insane at more than $200,000.00 and being made in the USA keeping it
>> in one piece for very long could be a challenge:-)
>
> There's that :)
>
> I'm more into 60's iron, like a Boss 302 Mustang. Of course, it would
> have the optional twin Dominator kit on it, because we all know how such
> a massively oversized carb kit would see the engine *never* work.

You'll lose driveability. You won't understand why and you won't listen
to mechanics but hey, it's not like you have ever let the facts get in
the way of your outright stupidity and ignorance.
..
> Parnelli Jones must have cheated his fucking arse off to win all the
> Trans Am series races he did with one :)

Sigh... stick to polishing your tools and admiring the scan tools in
their original packaging that you don't know how to use.

Oh, and stay the fuck away from cars son.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: CRASH

<tn2qkn$1njjh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21146&group=aus.cars#21146

From: lind...@nunna.business.com (lindsay)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 07:36:37 +1100
 by: lindsay - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 20:36 UTC

On 8/12/2022 7:19 am, alvey wrote:
> Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au> wrote in

>> Embarrassing would be taking an old truck, that had been restored by
>> the previous owner, to a car show and claiming it was all your own
>> work!

Yoo-hoo!! Tomas! Alvey asked you a question.

> Sounds entirely right, but how do you know that he did?

He doesn't know. He's lying his dementia riddled head off, as usual.
Fabricating lies.... Thats why he didnt reply. No-where has Noddy
claimed the resto was all his own work. Of course, Tomas will be able to
justify his bullshit, wont you, Tommy? try your post on 15th November
9.26am, if that helps. You, Tomas, created some fabrication/projection,
and now push it. You're a gold plated hypocrite and liar, shit-fer-brains.

--
First xeno says "They were deleted. Noddy deleted them".
Then he was asked to show the threads the deleted posts were in.

Re: CRASH

<tn2ts4$1npqs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21147&group=aus.cars#21147

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 08:31:47 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 21:31 UTC

On 11/12/2022 7:36 am, lindsay wrote:
> On 8/12/2022 7:19 am, alvey wrote:
>> Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au> wrote in
>

>>> Embarrassing would be taking an old truck, that had been restored by
>>> the previous owner, to a car show and claiming it was all your own
>>> work!
>
> Yoo-hoo!! Tomas! Alvey asked you a question.
>

>> Sounds entirely right, but how do you know that he did?
>
> He doesn't know. He's lying his dementia riddled head off, as usual.
> Fabricating lies.... Thats why he didnt reply. No-where has Noddy
> claimed the resto was all his own work. Of course, Tomas will be able to
> justify his bullshit, wont you, Tommy? try your post on 15th November
> 9.26am, if that helps. You, Tomas, created some fabrication/projection,
> and now push it. You're a gold plated hypocrite and liar, shit-fer-brains.

Yep. Story of his miserable existence. Create totally false claims in
order to have something to scream about like some rabid fucking lunatic.
And you're 100% right. Nowhere here nor to anyone else have I ever
claimed anything other than I bought the truck largely "as is" from a
bloke in NSW, and to be quite frank I specifically do so because the
quality of work on the vehicle is *not* something I'd be happy to take
ownership of.

I will be once I've got around to giving it a going over, but for now it
remains the product of it's previous owner. But none of that matters to
Tommy. He's a mentally incontinent compulsive liar who has no touch with
reality whatsoever, and sees this group as his own little fantasy world
where things magically become true because he says they are.

Hey Krypsys? How's your collection of very rare and desirable cars
going? Do you ever take them out of the box and play wit them, or do you
prefer to leave them in their original packaging locked up in the
display cabinet?

Fucking deluded moron.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: CRASH

<ah7lL.10094$9sn9.1273@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21148&group=aus.cars#21148

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Patty.O....@Coast.org (alvey)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 21:57:26 GMT
 by: alvey - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 21:57 UTC

Noddy <me@home.com> wrote in news:tn2ts4$1npqs$1@dont-email.me:

> Yep. Story of his miserable existence. Create totally false claims in
> order to have something to scream about like some rabid fucking
> lunatic.

So what you're saying is that he should create totally false claims to big
himself and use to bully people. You know, like you did.

alvey

Re: CRASH

<jvkg3iFe70bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21149&group=aus.cars#21149

From: fel...@goaway.com (yosemite sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 09:38:49 +1100
 by: yosemite sam - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 22:38 UTC

lindsay wrote:
> On 8/12/2022 7:19 am, alvey wrote:
>> Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au> wrote in
>

>>> Embarrassing would be taking an old truck, that had been restored by
>>> the previous owner, to a car show and claiming it was all your own
>>> work!

or embarrassing would be claiming apprenticeships, qualifications, and
work experience, then being outed as a liar. know anyone like that?

--
"you have never let the facts get in the way of your
outright stupidity and ignorance. Stick to polishing
your tools and admiring the scan tools in their
original packaging that you don't know how to use.
Oh, and stay the fuck away from cars son"
- Clocky on noddy

https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: CRASH

<jvl2hvFgh6lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21150&group=aus.cars#21150

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 14:53:34 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 03:53 UTC

On 11/12/2022 8:31 am, Noddy wrote:

> Yep. Story of his miserable existence. Create totally false claims in
> order to have something to scream about like some rabid fucking lunatic.

Darren, the master of totally false claims here on aus.cars. 3
apprenticeships and two trade qualifications, now those claims were a
real blast. Such a pity you didn't even *qualify* for any
apprenticeship, and definitely not an AME apprenticeship. Needed year 10
passes for that and you flunked year 9, remember?

> And you're 100% right. Nowhere here nor to anyone else have I ever
> claimed anything other than I bought the truck largely "as is" from a
> bloke in NSW, and to be quite frank I specifically do so because the
> quality of work on the vehicle is *not* something I'd be happy to take
> ownership of.

But you did take ownership of the truck, workmanship and all. Your name
is on the rego papers now, right? What's more, you took it to a carshow
as *your truck* and, in effect, your work! IOW, you're passing it off as
your work. End of story!

> I will be once I've got around to giving it a going over, but for now it
> remains the product of it's previous owner. But none of that matters to

But you didn't have a sign on it proclaiming that, did you? Everyone
would make the *assumption*, since the car was yours, any and all
restoration work was also yours. That's how it works Darren. You just
don't know how to kick this self aggrandising habit, do you?

> Tommy. He's a mentally incontinent compulsive liar who has no touch with

Mentally incontinent? That's an interesting comment. Must relate to a
person unable to stop spinning bullshit stories. Hey, that'd be you!!!

> reality whatsoever, and sees this group as his own little fantasy world
> where things magically become true because he says they are.

You really are getting your fantasies mixed up here, aren't you. How
long have you been spinning your bullshit here Darren? 20+ years now?
That's an epic effort that would rival the Dandenong saleyards!

> Hey Krypsys? How's your collection of very rare and desirable cars
> going? Do you ever take them out of the box and play wit them, or do you
> prefer to leave them in their original packaging locked up in the
> display cabinet?
>
> Fucking deluded moron.

Well, yes, you are.

Speaking of delusions, must be time to remind you yet again that you
haven't mustered up *any proof at all* of any and all of your grandiose
claims. It's long past time you did!