You will be surprised by a loud noise.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Diesel tractor....

SubjectAuthor
* Diesel tractor....lindsay
+* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|`* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
| +* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
| |`- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
| `* Re: Diesel tractor....John_H
|  +- Re: Diesel tractor....jonz
|  `* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
|   +* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|   |`* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
|   | `* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|   |  `- Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
|   `* Re: Diesel tractor....John_H
|    `- Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
+* Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
|`* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
| +- Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
| `- Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
+* Re: Diesel tractor....John_H
|+* Re: Diesel tractor....jonz
||+* Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
|||`* Re: Diesel tractor....jonz
||| `* Re: Diesel tractor....DBR
|||  +* Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||  |+* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
|||  ||`- Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|||  |`* Re: Diesel tractor....DBR
|||  | +- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||  | `- Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||  `* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
|||   +- Re: Diesel tractor....DBR
|||   `* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    +* Re: Diesel tractor....jonz
|||    |`* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|||    | +* Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    | |`* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    | | `* Re: Diesel tractor....Max
|||    | |  +* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|||    | |  |+- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    | |  |+- Re: Diesel tractor....alvey
|||    | |  |`- Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    | |  +* Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    | |  |`- Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    | |  +* Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
|||    | |  |`- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    | |  `* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    | |   `* Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    | |    `- Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    | +- Re: Diesel tractor....alvey
|||    | `* Re: Diesel tractor....Max
|||    |  +- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    |  +* Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
|||    |  |`- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    |  `* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    |   `- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    `* Re: Diesel tractor....DBR
|||     +* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|||     |`* Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||     | `- Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||     +- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||     `* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||      +- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||      `* Re: Diesel tractor....keithr0
|||       `* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|||        +- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||        +* Re: Diesel tractor....alvey
|||        |`* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||        | `- Re: Diesel tractor....alvey
|||        `- Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
||+* Re: Diesel tractor....John_H
|||+- Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
|||`- Re: Diesel tractor....jonz
||`* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
|| `* Re: Diesel tractor....jonz
||  `- Re: Diesel tractor....Yosemite Sam
|`- Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
`* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
 +- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
 `* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
  `* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
   `- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno

Pages:1234
Re: Diesel tractor....

<16a326ad7bd99cb8$1$1753940$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5081&group=aus.cars#5081

Subject: Re: Diesel tractor....
Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: dro...@nowhere (DBR)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 21:50:15 +0930
 by: DBR - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:20 UTC

On 8/09/2021 6:44 PM, Xeno wrote:
> On 8/9/21 6:52 pm, DBR wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>> Yes, for sure!.
>>>

>> White smoke on that would be most likely be fuel pump or fuel timing
>> related.
>>
>>   Just for a quick check if you do not know how to spill time the pump
>> just mark it's location, Turn it 1 way 3mm or so on it's mount bolts
>> (Slotted holes on the pump mount) tighten the bolts and see how it idles.
>>
>> If it improves all good, If it is worse try the other way. Do not try
>> to do it running as the pump will move to the end of the slots (Bit
>> more torque involved than an old school disy on a car)
>>
>>   It is a Bosh in line pump as I remember and at idle you will not
>> damage anything doing this.
>>
>>   I would have it spill timed by someone that knows how if this
>> improves it and if it dose not help just line up the pump to the mark
>> you made before playing with it.
>>
>>   Long time ago but I spent about 6 months in an engine bay for Tutt's
>> when they were the sole importer of the in industrial Deutz engines so
>> I have played with several you could say. In fact we ran the rebuilds
>> in on a dyno, Set fuel pump to give rated HP at the end of running in
>> and then did an exhaust gas test on them before shipping back to the
>> customer.
>
> Did you ever do much with the V12 Deutz engines? They are the only Deutz
> engines I've ever worked on and it was back in the 70s.

I rebuilt several. As tutts were the agents we had them arrive from the
mines in Broken hill, Rebuilt them and sent them back. I remember 1 that
was used for a sky lift f12l413 with twin turbos. We derated it to match
the altitude it was working at. They were not happy at the lower HP but
as the agents we needed to set it up by the book. Interesting when you
get 3 or 4 of the things striped at the same time. Barrels and pistons
everywhere.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<16a327eabbb36521$1$2625981$46d50c60@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5082&group=aus.cars#5082

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: dro...@nowhere (DBR)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 22:12:58 +0930
 by: DBR - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:42 UTC

On 9/09/2021 7:52 PM, lindsay wrote:
> On 8/09/2021 6:52 pm, DBR wrote:
>

>> White smoke on that would be most likely be fuel pump or fuel timing
>> related.
>
> A very popular observation....
>>
>>   Just for a quick check if you do not know how to spill time the pump
>> just mark it's location, Turn it 1 way 3mm or so on it's mount bolts
>> (Slotted holes on the pump mount) tighten the bolts and see how it idles.
>>
>> If it improves all good, If it is worse try the other way. Do not try
>> to do it running as the pump will move to the end of the slots (Bit
>> more torque involved than an old school disy on a car)
>>
>>   It is a Bosh in line pump as I remember and at idle you will not
>> damage anything doing this.
>>
>>   I would have it spill timed by someone that knows how if this
>> improves it and if it dose not help just line up the pump to the mark
>> you made before playing with it.
>>
>>   Long time ago but I spent about 6 months in an engine bay for Tutt's
>> when they were the sole importer of the in industrial Deutz engines so
>> I have played with several you could say. In fact we ran the rebuilds
>> in on a dyno, Set fuel pump to give rated HP at the end of running in
>> and then did an exhaust gas test on them before shipping back to the
>> customer.
>
> Printed this out, to show a mate of mine who is a (genuine) auto
> mechanic. He'll know more about it than me,=.... Personally, I'm
> thinking the tractor is rooted, but i know bugger all about it, as i'm
> not a mechanic. I'm also wondering if it's wourh spending money on...
>
> Cheers...

Auto mechanic? Thought we were talking industrial equipment.

If the rest of the tractor is worn a replacement may be the go. White
smoke will most likely be fuel though. Hdyrostatis is fantastic to drive
but expensive when it goes wrong. Good and correct oil, Regular filter
changes and it should last.

As for the head gasket theory mentioned before in this thread it most
likely dose not have any. If they leak head to barrel you can hear them
and on starting with the air box open you can often see smoke from the
leaking head . Dont run it too long with the covers removed it will get hot.

Alloy head onto cast barrel on most older ones, Some had a stainless
steel shim between the head and barrel. to service the head face we had
a type of Rose cutter to face them, If they were cut to deep the
stainless spacer was added.

Part of the rebuild was to set the clearance head to piston by
shimming the barrels (Barrel to block) Add extra shims when assembling,
Bolt on head with lead wire on piston, Turn over the engine, Remove
head, check the result and cut out an extra shims if any to get the
correct clearance refit the head with the pushrod tubes in place the
2nd time and then complete rebuild.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<shd040$t44$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5085&group=aus.cars#5085

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 20:53:19 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:53 UTC

On 9/09/2021 6:39 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 9/09/2021 7:44 pm, Clocky wrote:
>> On 6/09/2021 5:13 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I have a Deutz 4wd tractor (around 50HP cant remember the model
>>> number... 5140? prolly 50 yo), and I believe it's on it's last
>>> legs.... pumps out white smoke once it's warmed up and under load.
>>> Take it on a drive, and there's no issue.. put the PTO in gear to
>>> drive the slasher, and 5 mins later, I struggle to see where I'm
>>> going. :-)
>>>

>> White smoke when warm, likely a head gasket. Is it losing coolant?
>
> As several others have said... It's a Deutz. It doesnt have coolant.
> It's air cooled.

Yeah read that since, no worries. I'm not familiar with those.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<ipuf0nFjcc9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5087&group=aus.cars#5087

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 23:03:17 +1000
 by: Xeno - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 13:03 UTC

On 9/9/21 10:20 pm, DBR wrote:
> On 8/09/2021 6:44 PM, Xeno wrote:

>>> White smoke on that would be most likely be fuel pump or fuel timing
>>> related.
>>>
>>>   Just for a quick check if you do not know how to spill time the
>>> pump just mark it's location, Turn it 1 way 3mm or so on it's mount
>>> bolts (Slotted holes on the pump mount) tighten the bolts and see how
>>> it idles.
>>>
>>> If it improves all good, If it is worse try the other way. Do not try
>>> to do it running as the pump will move to the end of the slots (Bit
>>> more torque involved than an old school disy on a car)
>>>
>>>   It is a Bosh in line pump as I remember and at idle you will not
>>> damage anything doing this.
>>>
>>>   I would have it spill timed by someone that knows how if this
>>> improves it and if it dose not help just line up the pump to the mark
>>> you made before playing with it.
>>>
>>>   Long time ago but I spent about 6 months in an engine bay for
>>> Tutt's when they were the sole importer of the in industrial Deutz
>>> engines so I have played with several you could say. In fact we ran
>>> the rebuilds in on a dyno, Set fuel pump to give rated HP at the end
>>> of running in and then did an exhaust gas test on them before
>>> shipping back to the customer.
>>
>> Did you ever do much with the V12 Deutz engines? They are the only
>> Deutz engines I've ever worked on and it was back in the 70s.
>>
> I rebuilt several. As tutts were the agents we had them arrive from the
> mines in Broken hill, Rebuilt them and sent them back. I remember 1 that
> was used for a sky lift f12l413 with twin turbos. We derated it to match
> the altitude it was working at. They were not happy at the lower HP but
> as the agents we needed to set it up by the book.  Interesting when you
> get 3 or 4 of the things striped at the same time. Barrels and pistons
> everywhere.

I worked on the V12 engines in MTF low profile underground dump trucks.
Noisy jiggers in the underground stopes. The air cooled engines were
noisy enough as it was, with all the noise radiating from the fins, but
operating them in an echo chamber was certainly an experience. An
unwanted experience. Fortunately I spent much of the time in the outside
workshops. The miners sure gave those units a hammering.

Barrels and pistons everywhere, yeah, I can relate to that. Like a VW on
steroids! ;-)

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<ipufbsFjeilU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5088&group=aus.cars#5088

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 23:09:13 +1000
 by: Xeno - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 13:09 UTC

On 9/9/21 10:53 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 9/09/2021 6:39 pm, lindsay wrote:

>>> White smoke when warm, likely a head gasket. Is it losing coolant?
>>
>> As several others have said... It's a Deutz. It doesnt have coolant.
>> It's air cooled.
>>

> Yeah read that since, no worries. I'm not familiar with those.

Wouldn't have expected you to.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<shd5jd$5t5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5092&group=aus.cars#5092

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 00:26:52 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 14:26 UTC

On 9/09/2021 8:24 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 8/09/2021 7:14 pm, Xeno wrote:
>
>> Did you ever do much with the V12 Deutz engines? They are the only
>> Deutz engines I've ever worked on and it was back in the 70s.
>
> Every thread, without fail...

Surprised one of his "friends" isn't a chief engineer at Deutz, who
after not having spoken to him for 40 years he just happened to be
talking to him out of the blue about this very thing only last week.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<shebju$v0j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5110&group=aus.cars#5110

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 11:15:43 +1000
 by: jonz - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 01:15 UTC

On 9/9/2021 8:05 PM, lindsay wrote:
> On 7/09/2021 3:49 pm, jonz wrote:
>>> As Daryl has said white smoke is unburnt fuel so it may be a fuel
>>> problem rather than a worn out engine.  If the compressions sound even
>>> when it cranks over it might be worthwhile having a diesel mechanic
>>> take a look before you write it off.
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>   Or coolant, are you using any??.
>
> Air cooled.... gave it a good pressure clean.. no joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Yep, i missed the *Deutz* bit originally. :(

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene

Re: Diesel tractor....

<ipvqboFrbn4U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5112&group=aus.cars#5112

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 11:25:44 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 01:25 UTC

On 10/09/2021 11:15 am, jonz wrote:
> On 9/9/2021 8:05 PM, lindsay wrote:
>>>
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>   Or coolant, are you using any??.
>>
>> Air cooled.... gave it a good pressure clean.. no joy.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>  Yep, i missed the *Deutz* bit originally. :(

consider yerself severely reprimanded...

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: Diesel tractor....

<sholhh$1ah$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5173&group=aus.cars#5173

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 07:06:26 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 23:06 UTC

On 9/09/2021 6:22 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 8/09/2021 6:52 pm, DBR wrote:
>

>> White smoke on that would be most likely be fuel pump or fuel timing
>> related.
>
> A very popular observation....
>>
>>   Just for a quick check if you do not know how to spill time the pump
>> just mark it's location, Turn it 1 way 3mm or so on it's mount bolts
>> (Slotted holes on the pump mount) tighten the bolts and see how it idles.
>>
>> If it improves all good, If it is worse try the other way. Do not try
>> to do it running as the pump will move to the end of the slots (Bit
>> more torque involved than an old school disy on a car)
>>
>>   It is a Bosh in line pump as I remember and at idle you will not
>> damage anything doing this.
>>
>>   I would have it spill timed by someone that knows how if this
>> improves it and if it dose not help just line up the pump to the mark
>> you made before playing with it.
>>
>>   Long time ago but I spent about 6 months in an engine bay for Tutt's
>> when they were the sole importer of the in industrial Deutz engines so
>> I have played with several you could say. In fact we ran the rebuilds
>> in on a dyno, Set fuel pump to give rated HP at the end of running in
>> and then did an exhaust gas test on them before shipping back to the
>> customer.
>
> Printed this out, to show a mate of mine who is a (genuine) auto
> mechanic.

You would be asking the wrong person.

A genuine auto mechanic is unlikely to know much about these things
unless they have direct experience with this stuff.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<shpa86$cvu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5185&group=aus.cars#5185

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:59:47 +1000
 by: jonz - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 04:59 UTC

On 9/14/2021 9:06 AM, Clocky wrote:
> On 9/09/2021 6:22 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> On 8/09/2021 6:52 pm, DBR wrote:
>>

>>> White smoke on that would be most likely be fuel pump or fuel timing
>>> related.
>>
>> A very popular observation....
>>>
>>>   Just for a quick check if you do not know how to spill time the
>>> pump just mark it's location, Turn it 1 way 3mm or so on it's mount
>>> bolts (Slotted holes on the pump mount) tighten the bolts and see
>>> how it idles.
>>>
>>> If it improves all good, If it is worse try the other way. Do not
>>> try to do it running as the pump will move to the end of the slots
>>> (Bit more torque involved than an old school disy on a car)
>>>
>>>   It is a Bosh in line pump as I remember and at idle you will not
>>> damage anything doing this.
>>>
>>>   I would have it spill timed by someone that knows how if this
>>> improves it and if it dose not help just line up the pump to the
>>> mark you made before playing with it.
>>>
>>>   Long time ago but I spent about 6 months in an engine bay for
>>> Tutt's when they were the sole importer of the in industrial Deutz
>>> engines so I have played with several you could say. In fact we ran
>>> the rebuilds in on a dyno, Set fuel pump to give rated HP at the end
>>> of running in and then did an exhaust gas test on them before
>>> shipping back to the customer.
>>
>> Printed this out, to show a mate of mine who is a (genuine) auto
>> mechanic.
>
> You would be asking the wrong person.
>
> A genuine auto mechanic is unlikely to know much about these things
> unless they have direct experience with this stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 A good *all rounder* definitely would..(And could)

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene
Spafford, 1992

Re: Diesel tractor....

<shpk8h$13s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5186&group=aus.cars#5186

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 17:50:41 +1000
 by: Noddy - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 07:50 UTC

On 14/09/2021 2:59 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 9/14/2021 9:06 AM, Clocky wrote:

>>> Printed this out, to show a mate of mine who is a (genuine) auto
>>> mechanic.
>>
>> You would be asking the wrong person.
>>
>> A genuine auto mechanic is unlikely to know much about these things
>> unless they have direct experience with this stuff.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>  A good *all rounder* definitely would..(And could)

Exactly. What he means is someone who has spent their days fitting oil
and air filters at a dealership would have no idea.

Glad we got that sorted :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<16a4a2b227edc28b$1$2193376$8d54264@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5187&group=aus.cars#5187

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: dro...@nowhere (DBR)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 17:54:10 +0930
 by: DBR - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 08:24 UTC

On 14/09/2021 8:36 AM, Clocky wrote:
> On 9/09/2021 6:22 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> On 8/09/2021 6:52 pm, DBR wrote:
>>

>>> White smoke on that would be most likely be fuel pump or fuel timing
>>> related.
>>
>> A very popular observation....
>>>
>>>   Just for a quick check if you do not know how to spill time the
>>> pump just mark it's location, Turn it 1 way 3mm or so on it's mount
>>> bolts (Slotted holes on the pump mount) tighten the bolts and see how
>>> it idles.
>>>
>>> If it improves all good, If it is worse try the other way. Do not try
>>> to do it running as the pump will move to the end of the slots (Bit
>>> more torque involved than an old school disy on a car)
>>>
>>>   It is a Bosh in line pump as I remember and at idle you will not
>>> damage anything doing this.
>>>
>>>   I would have it spill timed by someone that knows how if this
>>> improves it and if it dose not help just line up the pump to the mark
>>> you made before playing with it.
>>>
>>>   Long time ago but I spent about 6 months in an engine bay for
>>> Tutt's when they were the sole importer of the in industrial Deutz
>>> engines so I have played with several you could say. In fact we ran
>>> the rebuilds in on a dyno, Set fuel pump to give rated HP at the end
>>> of running in and then did an exhaust gas test on them before
>>> shipping back to the customer.
>>
>> Printed this out, to show a mate of mine who is a (genuine) auto
>> mechanic.
>
> You would be asking the wrong person.
>
> A genuine auto mechanic is unlikely to know much about these things
> unless they have direct experience with this stuff.

I think I should have leave the comment about a Genuine auto mechanic
alone but what the hell It seems everyone likes to make trouble here
anyway..

Indentured in 1982 Certificate if competency issued 9th December 1985
Motor Mechanic Diesel Indenture number starts 67X/X2

(Not interested in having my name or full number Public, Too many fools
in the group)

Had my papers issued early and have a letter of recommendation from
the a Gov co body I did my time for to achieve this.

Still trading as a self employed Mechanic and can not keep up with demand.

Just give the timing thing a go, Not a lot to loose and not hard to do.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<shpsur$ud0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5188&group=aus.cars#5188

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 20:19:07 +1000
 by: Noddy - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 10:19 UTC

On 14/09/2021 6:24 pm, DBR wrote:
> On 14/09/2021 8:36 AM, Clocky wrote:

> I think I should have leave the comment about a Genuine auto mechanic
> alone but what the hell It seems everyone likes to make trouble  here
> anyway..
>
>  Indentured in 1982 Certificate if competency issued 9th December 1985
> Motor Mechanic Diesel Indenture number starts 67X/X2
>
> (Not interested in having my name or full number Public, Too many fools
> in the group)

Good call.

>  Had my papers issued early and have a letter of recommendation from
> the a Gov co body I did my time for to achieve this.
>
> Still trading as a self employed Mechanic and can not keep up with demand.
>
>  Just give the timing thing a go, Not a lot to loose and not hard to do.

Agreed. It's not going to kill the engine by trying it.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<1371843962.653310338.558359.xenolith-optusnet.com.au@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5189&group=aus.cars#5189

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: 14 Sep 2021 11:15:40 GMT
 by: Xeno - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 11:15 UTC

Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
> On 14/09/2021 6:24 pm, DBR wrote:
>> On 14/09/2021 8:36 AM, Clocky wrote:
>

>> I think I should have leave the comment about a Genuine auto mechanic
>> alone but what the hell It seems everyone likes to make trouble  here
>> anyway..
>>
>>  Indentured in 1982 Certificate if competency issued 9th December 1985
>> Motor Mechanic Diesel Indenture number starts 67X/X2
>>
>> (Not interested in having my name or full number Public, Too many fools
>> in the group)
>
> Good call.

It was a good call, especially given what *you* said you would do with *my
details*, including my registration number, if you ever got hold of it.
Spread it over the internet, you said. Remember that Darren? That was why
you didn’t get a look in. You’re one of the fools being referenced Darren,
that much is plain to see.

>>  Had my papers issued early and have a letter of recommendation from
>> the a Gov co body I did my time for to achieve this.
>>
>> Still trading as a self employed Mechanic and can not keep up with demand.
>>
>>  Just give the timing thing a go, Not a lot to loose and not hard to do.
>
> Agreed. It's not going to kill the engine by trying it.

——-
Xeno

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqbmj9F5s5bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5190&group=aus.cars#5190

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 23:32:23 +1000
 by: Xeno - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 13:32 UTC

On 14/9/21 5:50 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> You would be asking the wrong person.
>>>
>>> A genuine auto mechanic is unlikely to know much about these things
>>> unless they have direct experience with this stuff.
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>   A good *all rounder* definitely would..(And could)
>
> Exactly. What he means is someone who has spent their days fitting oil
> and air filters at a dealership would have no idea.

All the dealerships I ever worked at had a lube Jockey to do that sort
of Cert II stuff. The mechanics did all the larger repairs, you know,
the jobs that required qualification. IIRC, the apprentices spent a
period of time in the lube bay but it was a small fraction of their
apprenticeship.

> Glad we got that sorted :)

Well, I sorted it. You just told a few of your usual pork pies.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqbot9F69b5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5191&group=aus.cars#5191

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 00:11:51 +1000
 by: Xeno - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:11 UTC

On 14/9/21 6:24 pm, DBR wrote:
> On 14/09/2021 8:36 AM, Clocky wrote:

>>> A very popular observation....

>>> Printed this out, to show a mate of mine who is a (genuine) auto
>>> mechanic.
>>
>> You would be asking the wrong person.
>>
>> A genuine auto mechanic is unlikely to know much about these things
>> unless they have direct experience with this stuff.
>>
> I think I should have leave the comment about a Genuine auto mechanic

I think the comment refers to the fact that general stream motor
mechanics do bugger all with diesel engines, and that's in the last 40
years in TAFE that I know of. R&R pump and injectors, bleed fuel system
and spill time pump. In doing my apprenticeship in a country garage
under the tutelage of a diesel fitter, I got a lot of hands on
experience with diesels from my first year. Still went out and did my
diesel certificate once I completed my apprenticeship however.

> alone but what the hell It seems everyone likes to make trouble  here
> anyway..
>
>  Indentured in 1982 Certificate if competency issued 9th December 1985
> Motor Mechanic Diesel Indenture number starts 67X/X2

Now you made real trouble - you've claimed you're qualified. There are
those who'll be on your back forever for that. Ask me how I know!

> (Not interested in having my name or full number Public, Too many fools
> in the group)

I made that very same decision some time back, a wise move then, a wise
move now.

>  Had my papers issued early and have a letter of recommendation from
> the a Gov co body I did my time for to achieve this.

You're a youngster! I signed up to my apprenticeship indentures in Feb
1968 at the tender age of 15, completed my time 9/1/73. Was one of the
last apprentices to complete a 5 year apprenticeship, could have had it
shortened but, being out in the country, no one told me I could. Did my
Diesel Certificate at Hobart Tech in 1974. My Trade reg # 15xxx/68/xxxxx
and you can read what you like into the x's.

> Still trading as a self employed Mechanic and can not keep up with demand.

Not surprised at that.

>  Just give the timing thing a go, Not a lot to loose and not hard to do.

Yeah, pretty straight forward process.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<ha32kgp111qnbajgieeejtcqpiktllrgka@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5192&group=aus.cars#5192

From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 07:19:47 +1000
 by: John_H - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:19 UTC

lindsay wrote:

>I've fallen in love with the idea of a front end loader.. I'm thinking
>of the payback with the fucking wombats... :-) My Fathers Day pressie
>may help out with that...
>https://www.olightstore.com.au/olight-javelot-turbo-kit-black-1300m-hunting-torch.html
> Insane...
>
>But really, so much more available to me with a 4-in-1 bucket. I have
>about 30-35 acres that needs to be kept clean. If i leave it another
>spring/summer, i'll *need* to pay someone to clear it. Dont think i'm
>prepared to pay someone again... a FEL with a 4 in 1 bucket would be
>awesome and do the job. Whats not slashed will be fodder for the bucket,
>pick it up and dump it all on a pile to burn in Autumn. I hate manuka.

Don't you already own a skid steer loader?

In which case about the only advantage a FEL attachment on a small
tractor would have is being able to travel faster. The work rate of a
skid steer should run rings around it.

If you need to slash tall heavy growth a front mounted slasher for the
skid steer might also be worth considering.

--
John H

Re: Diesel tractor....

<imsiohbek1z5$.q485v12xfn04.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5193&group=aus.cars#5193

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 08:27:33 +1000
 by: alvey - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 22:27 UTC

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 17:50:41 +1000, Noddy wrote:

>>> You would be asking the wrong person.
>>>
>>> A genuine auto mechanic is unlikely to know much about these things
>>> unless they have direct experience with this stuff.
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>  A good *all rounder* definitely would..(And could)
>
> Exactly. What he means is someone who has spent their days fitting oil
> and air filters at a dealership would have no idea.
>
> Glad we got that sorted :)

You were well sorted some time ago Fraudster.

You claimed to have multiple quals. There is no evidence of this.
You claimed to have owned a successful business. Again, no evidence.

And the biggest disappointment of them all! You claimed that you were
leaving here "soon". That was over three years ago Fraudster. Ever thought
of selling used cars? Or perhaps a career in politics? Advertising perhaps?

alvey

Re: Diesel tractor....

<shsg71$fnm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5200&group=aus.cars#5200

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 19:59:57 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 09:59 UTC

On 14/09/2021 5:50 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> You would be asking the wrong person.
>>>
>>> A genuine auto mechanic is unlikely to know much about these things
>>> unless they have direct experience with this stuff.
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>   A good *all rounder* definitely would..(And could)
>
> Exactly. What he means is someone who has spent their days fitting oil
> and air filters at a dealership would have no idea.

Mechanics at a dealership would know a hell of a lot more than just
changing oil and oil filters.

They deal with the whole gamut of mechanical issues and would be full
bottle on all of it.

How else would they keep their mechanic's licence?

> Glad we got that sorted :)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqdvftFj5puU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5201&group=aus.cars#5201

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 20:16:27 +1000
 by: Xeno - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 10:16 UTC

On 15/9/21 7:59 pm, Max wrote:
> On 14/09/2021 5:50 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>   A good *all rounder* definitely would..(And could)
>>
>> Exactly. What he means is someone who has spent their days fitting oil
>> and air filters at a dealership would have no idea.
>>

> Mechanics at a dealership would know a hell of a lot more than just
> changing oil and oil filters.

Reality is: mechanics at dealerships don't change oil and filters. All
the dealerships I worked at had a lube jockey who did that part of
servicing. The mechanics did the bigger stuff like AC checks, timing
belts and fault diagnosis.

> They deal with the whole gamut of mechanical issues and would be full
> bottle on all of it.

They certainly are and, if enrolled in the *registered technician* plan,
get enhanced training at Certificate 4 level.

> How else would they keep their mechanic's licence?

People like Darren (aka Noddy) have no clue as to what goes on in a
dealership. He claims he was a service manager at a Honda Dealership but
it's such a pity the timeframe he gave for that bit of bullshit clashed
with a timeframe he gave where,for *15 years*, he claimed to be running
his *own business*. Did he take *leave of absence* from his own business
and let it run all by itself for a whole year - or - are both claims
bullshit? Safe bet - both claims are bullshit. Noddy should be known as
*Darren Liesalot* because - he does!

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<shsk8l$cdk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5202&group=aus.cars#5202

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 21:09:06 +1000
 by: jonz - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 11:09 UTC

On 9/15/2021 7:19 AM, John_H wrote:
> lindsay wrote:
>
>> I've fallen in love with the idea of a front end loader.. I'm thinking
>> of the payback with the fucking wombats... :-) My Fathers Day pressie
>> may help out with that...
>> https://www.olightstore.com.au/olight-javelot-turbo-kit-black-1300m-hunting-torch.html
>> Insane...
>>
>> But really, so much more available to me with a 4-in-1 bucket. I have
>> about 30-35 acres that needs to be kept clean. If i leave it another
>> spring/summer, i'll *need* to pay someone to clear it. Dont think i'm
>> prepared to pay someone again... a FEL with a 4 in 1 bucket would be
>> awesome and do the job. Whats not slashed will be fodder for the bucket,
>> pick it up and dump it all on a pile to burn in Autumn. I hate manuka.
> Don't you already own a skid steer loader?
>
> In which case about the only advantage a FEL attachment on a small
> tractor would have is being able to travel faster. The work rate of a
> skid steer should run rings around it.
>
> If you need to slash tall heavy growth a front mounted slasher for the
> skid steer might also be worth considering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Was watching a bloke (On Y/T) doing just that on a *very* overgrown,
very large block, first use of (as he called it) a very cheap Chinese
slasher.

  He was impressed, only casualty was the shitty blade attachment
bolts. Got his mate to turn up a couple of decent ones. No more probs.

   This type of work is his bread and butter, so it will be interesting
to see if it keeps on keeping on!.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene
Spafford, 1992

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqgc5nF2nnuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5205&group=aus.cars#5205

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 18:05:09 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 08:05 UTC

On 15/9/21 7:59 pm, Max wrote:
> On 14/09/2021 5:50 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>   A good *all rounder* definitely would..(And could)
>>
>> Exactly. What he means is someone who has spent their days fitting oil
>> and air filters at a dealership would have no idea.
>>

> Mechanics at a dealership would know a hell of a lot more than just
> changing oil and oil filters.
>
> They deal with the whole gamut of mechanical issues and would be full
> bottle on all of it.

Some yes many no.
Trouble with mechanics trained at dealerships is that their training can
be limited to one or two makes of vehicle and they can struggle with
something they haven't been trained on.
Many good mechanics have come from dealership backgrounds but more often
than not they need to leave the dealership to gain broader experience.

> How else would they keep their mechanic's licence?

No such thing as a mechanics "license" in most Australian states.
I completed my motor mechanics apprenticeship in Dec 1974 in Victoria
and have never needed a "license".

--
Daryl

Re: Diesel tractor....

<shvah9$31k$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5212&group=aus.cars#5212

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 19:41:30 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:41 UTC

On 14/09/2021 9:32 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 14/9/21 5:50 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>   A good *all rounder* definitely would..(And could)
>>
>> Exactly. What he means is someone who has spent their days fitting oil
>> and air filters at a dealership would have no idea.
>
> All the dealerships I ever worked at had a lube Jockey to do that sort
> of Cert II stuff. The mechanics did all the larger repairs, you know,
> the jobs that required qualification. IIRC, the apprentices spent a
> period of time in the lube bay but it was a small fraction of their
> apprenticeship.

Yep, every dealer I worked at had Noddy types spinning filters under
supervision of qualified mechanics.

You'll not I said "unless they have direct experience with this stuff"
which apparently is too difficult for the 'village idiot' and the fraud
to comprehend.

>> Glad we got that sorted :)
>
> Well, I sorted it. You just told a few of your usual pork pies.

Of course. It's all the fraud has.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<shvb4j$b22$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5214&group=aus.cars#5214

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 19:51:35 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:51 UTC

On 15/09/2021 5:59 pm, Max wrote:
> On 14/09/2021 5:50 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>   A good *all rounder* definitely would..(And could)
>>
>> Exactly. What he means is someone who has spent their days fitting oil
>> and air filters at a dealership would have no idea.
>>

> Mechanics at a dealership would know a hell of a lot more than just
> changing oil and oil filters.

Noddy isn't qualified. He's really bitter and twisted about it and
derides those that are. I worked in and out of dealerships. The training
and access to diagnostic information is second to none.

> They deal with the whole gamut of mechanical issues and would be full
> bottle on all of it.
>
> How else would they keep their mechanic's licence?

The fraud wouldn't know, he's never completed an automotive mechanical
apprenticeship which is obvious to those who have. He claims he has, but
then he also claimed that his old man served overseas but like the
non-existence of that proof in government records there is absolutely no
proof he is qualified anywhere either - nor has anyone ever laid eyes on
his claimed qualifications.

Not even his FLCJC 'mates'.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<shvc9h$j6n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5215&group=aus.cars#5215

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 20:11:08 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 12:11 UTC

On 14/09/2021 4:24 pm, DBR wrote:
> On 14/09/2021 8:36 AM, Clocky wrote:

>>> A very popular observation....

>>> Printed this out, to show a mate of mine who is a (genuine) auto
>>> mechanic.
>>
>> You would be asking the wrong person.
>>
>> A genuine auto mechanic is unlikely to know much about these things
>> unless they have direct experience with this stuff.
>>
> I think I should have leave the comment about a Genuine auto mechanic
> alone but what the hell It seems everyone likes to make trouble  here
> anyway..
>
>  Indentured in 1982 Certificate if competency issued 9th December 1985
> Motor Mechanic Diesel Indenture number starts 67X/X2
>
> (Not interested in having my name or full number Public, Too many fools
> in the group)

Good idea, the Grub, the fraud and his mates think nothing of plastering
someones details into a public group without provocation.

In fact the morally vacuous lowlifes cheer it on!

I made the right choice not revealing Xeno's details to this group,
that's for sure.