I must have slipped a disk -- my pack hurts!

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Diesel tractor....

SubjectAuthor
* Diesel tractor....lindsay
+* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|`* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
| +* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
| |`- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
| `* Re: Diesel tractor....John_H
|  +- Re: Diesel tractor....jonz
|  `* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
|   +* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|   |`* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
|   | `* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|   |  `- Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
|   `* Re: Diesel tractor....John_H
|    `- Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
+* Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
|`* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
| +- Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
| `- Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
+* Re: Diesel tractor....John_H
|+* Re: Diesel tractor....jonz
||+* Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
|||`* Re: Diesel tractor....jonz
||| `* Re: Diesel tractor....DBR
|||  +* Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||  |+* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
|||  ||`- Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|||  |`* Re: Diesel tractor....DBR
|||  | +- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||  | `- Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||  `* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
|||   +- Re: Diesel tractor....DBR
|||   `* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    +* Re: Diesel tractor....jonz
|||    |`* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|||    | +* Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    | |`* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    | | `* Re: Diesel tractor....Max
|||    | |  +* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|||    | |  |+- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    | |  |+- Re: Diesel tractor....alvey
|||    | |  |`- Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    | |  +* Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    | |  |`- Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    | |  +* Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
|||    | |  |`- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    | |  `* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    | |   `* Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    | |    `- Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    | +- Re: Diesel tractor....alvey
|||    | `* Re: Diesel tractor....Max
|||    |  +- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    |  +* Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
|||    |  |`- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    |  `* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||    |   `- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||    `* Re: Diesel tractor....DBR
|||     +* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|||     |`* Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||     | `- Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||     +- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||     `* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||      +- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||      `* Re: Diesel tractor....keithr0
|||       `* Re: Diesel tractor....Noddy
|||        +- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
|||        +* Re: Diesel tractor....alvey
|||        |`* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
|||        | `- Re: Diesel tractor....alvey
|||        `- Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
||+* Re: Diesel tractor....John_H
|||+- Re: Diesel tractor....Daryl
|||`- Re: Diesel tractor....jonz
||`* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
|| `* Re: Diesel tractor....jonz
||  `- Re: Diesel tractor....Yosemite Sam
|`- Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
`* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
 +- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno
 `* Re: Diesel tractor....lindsay
  `* Re: Diesel tractor....Clocky
   `- Re: Diesel tractor....Xeno

Pages:1234
Re: Diesel tractor....

<shvcfc$j6n$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5216&group=aus.cars#5216

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Diesel tractor....
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 20:14:37 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 12:14 UTC

On 9/09/2021 8:20 pm, DBR wrote:
> On 8/09/2021 6:44 PM, Xeno wrote:

>>> White smoke on that would be most likely be fuel pump or fuel timing
>>> related.
>>>
>>>   Just for a quick check if you do not know how to spill time the
>>> pump just mark it's location, Turn it 1 way 3mm or so on it's mount
>>> bolts (Slotted holes on the pump mount) tighten the bolts and see how
>>> it idles.
>>>
>>> If it improves all good, If it is worse try the other way. Do not try
>>> to do it running as the pump will move to the end of the slots (Bit
>>> more torque involved than an old school disy on a car)
>>>
>>>   It is a Bosh in line pump as I remember and at idle you will not
>>> damage anything doing this.
>>>
>>>   I would have it spill timed by someone that knows how if this
>>> improves it and if it dose not help just line up the pump to the mark
>>> you made before playing with it.
>>>
>>>   Long time ago but I spent about 6 months in an engine bay for
>>> Tutt's when they were the sole importer of the in industrial Deutz
>>> engines so I have played with several you could say. In fact we ran
>>> the rebuilds in on a dyno, Set fuel pump to give rated HP at the end
>>> of running in and then did an exhaust gas test on them before
>>> shipping back to the customer.
>>
>> Did you ever do much with the V12 Deutz engines? They are the only
>> Deutz engines I've ever worked on and it was back in the 70s.
>>
> I rebuilt several. As tutts were the agents we had them arrive from the
> mines in Broken hill, Rebuilt them and sent them back. I remember 1 that
> was used for a sky lift f12l413 with twin turbos. We derated it to match
> the altitude it was working at. They were not happy at the lower HP but
> as the agents we needed to set it up by the book.  Interesting when you
> get 3 or 4 of the things striped at the same time. Barrels and pistons
> everywhere.

I bet :-)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<shvgeq$frh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5217&group=aus.cars#5217

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 21:22:22 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:22 UTC

On 14/09/2021 7:15 pm, Xeno wrote:
> Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>> On 14/09/2021 6:24 pm, DBR wrote:
>>> On 14/09/2021 8:36 AM, Clocky wrote:
>>

>>> I think I should have leave the comment about a Genuine auto mechanic
>>> alone but what the hell It seems everyone likes to make trouble  here
>>> anyway..
>>>
>>>  Indentured in 1982 Certificate if competency issued 9th December 1985
>>> Motor Mechanic Diesel Indenture number starts 67X/X2
>>>
>>> (Not interested in having my name or full number Public, Too many fools
>>> in the group)
>>
>> Good call.
>>
> It was a good call, especially given what *you* said you would do with *my
> details*, including my registration number, if you ever got hold of it.
> Spread it over the internet, you said. Remember that Darren? That was why
> you didn’t get a look in. You’re one of the fools being referenced Darren,
> that much is plain to see.

He had no qualms about the grub spreading my details into this group
without provocation. You can *never* trust any of that lot *ever*.
As much as the grub is a lowlife I still won't post a certain photo once
posted into this group or same his details just as I didn't post yours,
much to the fraud's chagrin :-). I'm not stooping to that level, I can
and do keep my word - obviously.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqh074F6gkiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5218&group=aus.cars#5218

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 23:47:13 +1000
 by: Xeno - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:47 UTC

On 16/9/21 9:51 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 15/09/2021 5:59 pm, Max wrote:

>>> Exactly. What he means is someone who has spent their days fitting
>>> oil and air filters at a dealership would have no idea.
>>>

>> Mechanics at a dealership would know a hell of a lot more than just
>> changing oil and oil filters.
>>

> Noddy isn't qualified. He's really bitter and twisted about it and
> derides those that are. I worked in and out of dealerships. The training

So did I.

> and access to diagnostic information is second to none.

Ford and Holden dealerships were particularly good. They had their own
training schools for apprentices which offered training *in addition* to
that which they received at TAFE. Holden had their apprentice training
school at Fisherman's Bend.

>> They deal with the whole gamut of mechanical issues and would be full
>> bottle on all of it.
>>
>> How else would they keep their mechanic's licence?
>>

> The fraud wouldn't know, he's never completed an automotive mechanical
> apprenticeship which is obvious to those who have. He claims he has, but
> then he also claimed that his old man served overseas but like the
> non-existence of that proof in government records there is absolutely no
> proof he is qualified anywhere either - nor has anyone ever laid eyes on
> his claimed qualifications.

He runs like a startled rabbit when he's asked to stump up proof.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqh0egF6gkiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5219&group=aus.cars#5219

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 23:51:12 +1000
 by: Xeno - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:51 UTC

On 16/9/21 6:05 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 15/9/21 7:59 pm, Max wrote:

>>> Exactly. What he means is someone who has spent their days fitting
>>> oil and air filters at a dealership would have no idea.
>>>

>> Mechanics at a dealership would know a hell of a lot more than just
>> changing oil and oil filters.
>>
>> They deal with the whole gamut of mechanical issues and would be full
>> bottle on all of it.
>
> Some yes many no.
> Trouble with mechanics trained at dealerships is that their training can
> be limited to one or two makes of vehicle and they can struggle with

Dealerships, and manufacturers, like Ford for example, provide
additional training above and beyond the Certificate III level provided
in TAFE. This training comprises regular technology updates and
*Technician Level* training at Certificate IV level. Weren't you offered
any extra training when you were at Ford. The Ford registered Technician
program is excellent - you mustn't have been up to snuff.
TAFE apprentice training is, or should be, all about training in basic
principles. It should not be *product training*. At TAFE, I was taught,
and later taught others, the *basic* principles. At dealerships I
received either product training or enhanced training. Big difference!
Huge! The most important thing I learnt at TAFE (or Tech College, as it
was in my day) was how to learn. These days they have buzzwords for it
like "lifelong learning" but that was something I learnt during my
apprenticeship. I learnt how to extract information from workshop
manuals and this helped me when I was confronted by vehicles I had never
worked on before. In a country garage, that happened a lot. What's more,
most manuals usually had a section on how a particular system operated -
very valuable. When I didn't have a manual, I had to resort to basic
principles and suss things out. That also happened a lot. When I
completed my apprenticeship I felt that I didn't know enough and had
gaps in my knowledge and experience. I fixed that by signing up to any
relevant Tech College course on offer and finding jobs that expanded on
my existing experience. In other words, I was following the principles
of lifelong learning before the term had even been coined.

> something they haven't been trained on.

You did an apprenticeship, did you not? See above. If you seriously
think that a dealership mechanic would struggle with something they
hadn't previously worked on, then all I can say is you have met people
with low reading ability or minimal aspiration. All apprentices should
have done their basic training at TAFE. That's a form of moderation,
ensuring all apprentices have the same fundamentals under their belts -
even if they don't encounter specific aspects of the trade in their
workplaces. It's also why TAFE colleges offer training in both the
underpinning theory and the practical. The trade does not remain static
so neither should the tradesman. If an apprentice stays on at the same
establishment after completion and forsakes any further training or
experience gathering, then that person is doing themselves a great
disservice because that attitude will almost surely render them obsolete
at a premature age forcing them out of the trade and into lesser roles.
Know anyone like that Daryl?

> Many good mechanics have come from dealership backgrounds but more often
> than not they need to leave the dealership to gain broader experience.
>>
>> How else would they keep their mechanic's licence?
>>

> No such thing as a mechanics "license" in most Australian states.
> I completed my motor mechanics apprenticeship in Dec 1974 in Victoria
> and have never needed a "license".

Well, you wouldn't, would you? You never tried to work *outside* the
state of Victoria. What's more, you plummeted down to the level of
*cleaner* and spent most of your working life in that role. In NSW, you
need a licence to be a mechanic but not to be a cleaner - so you'd have
been Ok working here in NSW as a cleaner, no licence required for that
role. Even Darren could be a cleaner here, or a TA, and he has
*experience* with that role, lots and lots of experience.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqh0h2F6gkiU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5220&group=aus.cars#5220

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 23:52:34 +1000
 by: Xeno - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:52 UTC

On 16/9/21 10:11 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 14/09/2021 4:24 pm, DBR wrote:

>>> You would be asking the wrong person.
>>>
>>> A genuine auto mechanic is unlikely to know much about these things
>>> unless they have direct experience with this stuff.
>>>
>> I think I should have leave the comment about a Genuine auto mechanic
>> alone but what the hell It seems everyone likes to make trouble  here
>> anyway..
>>
>>   Indentured in 1982 Certificate if competency issued 9th December
>> 1985 Motor Mechanic Diesel Indenture number starts 67X/X2
>>
>> (Not interested in having my name or full number Public, Too many
>> fools in the group)
>
> Good idea, the Grub, the fraud and his mates think nothing of plastering
> someones details into a public group without provocation.

Well, they plastered yours all over.

> In fact the morally vacuous lowlifes cheer it on!
>
> I made the right choice not revealing Xeno's details to this group,
> that's for sure.

And I thank you for that.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqhtr6Fc1v0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5221&group=aus.cars#5221

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 08:12:54 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:12 UTC

On 16/09/2021 10:11 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 14/09/2021 4:24 pm, DBR wrote:

>>> You would be asking the wrong person.
>>>
>>> A genuine auto mechanic is unlikely to know much about these things
>>> unless they have direct experience with this stuff.
>>>
>> I think I should have leave the comment about a Genuine auto mechanic
>> alone but what the hell It seems everyone likes to make trouble  here
>> anyway..
>>
>>   Indentured in 1982 Certificate if competency issued 9th December
>> 1985 Motor Mechanic Diesel Indenture number starts 67X/X2
>>
>> (Not interested in having my name or full number Public, Too many
>> fools in the group)
>
> Good idea, the Grub, the fraud and his mates think nothing of plastering
> someones details into a public group without provocation.
>
> In fact the morally vacuous lowlifes cheer it on!
>
> I made the right choice not revealing Xeno's details to this group,
> that's for sure.

But who was it that published noddys address here?

Re: Diesel tractor....

<si0kig$85r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5224&group=aus.cars#5224

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 09:38:53 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 23:38 UTC

On 17/09/2021 8:12 am, keithr0 wrote:
> On 16/09/2021 10:11 pm, Clocky wrote:

>> Good idea, the Grub, the fraud and his mates think nothing of
>> plastering someones details into a public group without provocation.
>>
>> In fact the morally vacuous lowlifes cheer it on!
>>
>> I made the right choice not revealing Xeno's details to this group,
>> that's for sure.
>>

> But who was it that published noddys address here?

Jesus Christ, is this fucking imbecile *still* prattling on with this
delusional self righteous bullshit?

Grubby never revealed anything about the fucking sook that he hadn't
already made public himself, yet he cries about that as if someone's cut
his testicles off with a pair of tin snips. He seemed to think it was a
*huge* cunt act of which he was totally undeserving, yet he didn't have
*any* such consideration when he grabbed my profile picture from
Facebook and plastered it all over the internet for his own personal
amusement.

Seriously, I've come across some fucking mental midgets in my life, and
this moron is up there with the very best of them.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqi4r5Fd8euU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5226&group=aus.cars#5226

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 10:12:21 +1000
 by: Xeno - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 00:12 UTC

On 17/9/21 9:38 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 17/09/2021 8:12 am, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 16/09/2021 10:11 pm, Clocky wrote:
>
>>> Good idea, the Grub, the fraud and his mates think nothing of
>>> plastering someones details into a public group without provocation.
>>>
>>> In fact the morally vacuous lowlifes cheer it on!
>>>
>>> I made the right choice not revealing Xeno's details to this group,
>>> that's for sure.
>>>

>> But who was it that published noddys address here?
>
> Jesus Christ, is this fucking imbecile *still* prattling on with this
> delusional self righteous bullshit?
>
> Grubby never revealed anything about the fucking sook that he hadn't
> already made public himself, yet he cries about that as if someone's cut
> his testicles off with a pair of tin snips. He seemed to think it was a
> *huge* cunt act of which he was totally undeserving, yet he didn't have
> *any* such consideration when he grabbed my profile picture from
> Facebook and plastered it all over the internet for his own personal
> amusement.
>
> Seriously, I've come across some fucking mental midgets in my life, and
> this moron is up there with the very best of them.

Referring to yourself I see. You rank extremely high amongst the mental
midgets, no doubt about it.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<ul0i4hhe16di.12wto1twionkm$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5229&group=aus.cars#5229

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 11:35:25 +1000
References: <LYkZI.72196$Kv2.3906@fx47.iad> <k05djgp6s1k77qnuvod42u5b8cb3ltc492@4ax.com> <sh6ugq$pk$1@dont-email.me> <ipoficFej1mU1@mid.individual.net> <sh7hrg$kbq$1@dont-email.me> <16a2ccc8a1116b98$1$1682696$c4d58e68@news.newsdemon.com> <5gl_I.33655$tG6.8586@fx39.iad> <sholhh$1ah$3@dont-email.me> <16a4a2b227edc28b$1$2193376$8d54264@news.newsdemon.com> <shvc9h$j6n$1@dont-email.me> <iqhtr6Fc1v0U1@mid.individual.net> <si0kig$85r$1@dont-email.me>
 by: alvey - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 01:35 UTC

On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 09:38:53 +1000, Noddy wrote:

> On 17/09/2021 8:12 am, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 16/09/2021 10:11 pm, Clocky wrote:
>
>>> Good idea, the Grub, the fraud and his mates think nothing of
>>> plastering someones details into a public group without provocation.
>>>
>>> In fact the morally vacuous lowlifes cheer it on!
>>>
>>> I made the right choice not revealing Xeno's details to this group,
>>> that's for sure.
>>>

>> But who was it that published noddys address here?
>
> Jesus Christ, is this fucking imbecile *still* prattling on with this
> delusional self righteous bullshit?
>
> Grubby never revealed anything about the fucking sook that he hadn't
> already made public himself, yet he cries about that as if someone's cut
> his testicles off with a pair of tin snips. He seemed to think it was a
> *huge* cunt act of which he was totally undeserving, yet he didn't have
> *any* such consideration when he grabbed my profile picture from
> Facebook and plastered it all over the internet for his own personal
> amusement.
>
> Seriously, I've come across some fucking mental midgets in my life,

Ah. So that's why you have a couple of deadhead enablers.

But seriously folks... If you want to see a "mental midget" in... errr full
flow, read Der Der's big para again. He's whinging about someone taking his
pix from that little-known, highly secure site 'Facebook' and... errr
putting them on the internet. You know. Where Facebook is.

Der Der: Re-defining Stupid In The Internet Age.

alvey
“I've never published a photo of Clasener's residence, or revealed his
Address…” Fraudster, 10Aug18.

This was proven to be yet another lie.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<si0slg$jrc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5231&group=aus.cars#5231

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 09:56:45 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 01:56 UTC

On 17/09/2021 7:38 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 17/09/2021 8:12 am, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 16/09/2021 10:11 pm, Clocky wrote:
>
>>> Good idea, the Grub, the fraud and his mates think nothing of
>>> plastering someones details into a public group without provocation.
>>>
>>> In fact the morally vacuous lowlifes cheer it on!
>>>
>>> I made the right choice not revealing Xeno's details to this group,
>>> that's for sure.
>>>

>> But who was it that published noddys address here?
>
> Jesus Christ, is this fucking imbecile *still* prattling on with this
> delusional self righteous bullshit?
>
> Grubby never revealed anything about the fucking sook that he hadn't
> already made public himself,

Yes he did you fucking liar. He plastered my MR number and full name
into this group.

yet he cries about that as if someone's cut
> his testicles off with a pair of tin snips. He seemed to think it was a
> *huge* cunt act of which he was totally undeserving, yet he didn't have
> *any* such consideration when he grabbed my profile picture from
> Facebook and plastered it all over the internet for his own personal
> amusement.

That link was your facebook *public* profile photo posted in this group
by one of your mates! *You* found it amusing but now you're having a
girls blouse sook about it as if it is somehow relevant your mate
plastering previously unknown information into this group which
evidently is just fine by you.

Not only that, some historic post were posted where I was doing some
charitable stuff and you bunch of cunts turned that into a point of
derision.

None of you have any morals and can *never* be trusted.

> Seriously, I've come across some fucking mental midgets in my life, and
> this moron is up there with the very best of them.

You're an astounding hypocrite and a pathetic liar.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<si0vum$2r5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5233&group=aus.cars#5233

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 10:53:11 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 02:53 UTC

On 17/09/2021 9:35 am, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 09:38:53 +1000, Noddy wrote:

>>> But who was it that published noddys address here?
>>
>> Jesus Christ, is this fucking imbecile *still* prattling on with this
>> delusional self righteous bullshit?

about the fucking sook that he hadn't
>> already made public himself, yet he cries about that as if someone's cut
>> his testicles off with a pair of tin snips. He seemed to think it was a
>> *huge* cunt act of which he was totally undeserving, yet he didn't have
>> *any* such consideration when he grabbed my profile picture from
>> Facebook and plastered it all over the internet for his own personal
>> amusement.
>>
>> Seriously, I've come across some fucking mental midgets in my life,
>
> Ah. So that's why you have a couple of deadhead enablers.
>
> But seriously folks... If you want to see a "mental midget" in... errr full
> flow, read Der Der's big para again. He's whinging about someone taking his
> pix from that little-known, highly secure site 'Facebook' and... errr
> putting them on the internet. You know. Where Facebook is.
>
> Der Der: Re-defining Stupid In The Internet Age.

No but in his mind that is the same thing as plastering details
previously unknown into a public group. Not that he has any moral issue
with doing so since he encourages others to do exactly that.

I do however.

> alvey
> “I've never published a photo of Clasener's residence, or revealed his
> Address…” Fraudster, 10Aug18.
>
> This was proven to be yet another lie.

See above^
"Grubby never revealed anything..."

As he quite ironically reveals what he really thinks of his "mate" in a
Freudian slip. Of course he would know, he's been on the receiving end
of it too.

If I'm to be slandered, derided and lied about for keeping my word, so
be it. I'm not going to be drawn into unprincipled behaviour by the
likes of Noddy & Co.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<si13t0$cqj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5236&group=aus.cars#5236

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:00:31 +1000
 by: Max - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 04:00 UTC

On 16/09/2021 9:41 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 14/09/2021 9:32 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> Exactly. What he means is someone who has spent their days fitting
>>> oil and air filters at a dealership would have no idea.
>>
>> All the dealerships I ever worked at had a lube Jockey to do that sort
>> of Cert II stuff. The mechanics did all the larger repairs, you know,
>> the jobs that required qualification. IIRC, the apprentices spent a
>> period of time in the lube bay but it was a small fraction of their
>> apprenticeship.
>>>

> Yep, every dealer I worked at had Noddy types spinning filters under
> supervision of qualified mechanics.
>
> You'll not I said "unless they have direct experience with this stuff"
> which apparently is too difficult for the 'village idiot' and the fraud
> to comprehend.
>
>>> Glad we got that sorted :)
>>
>> Well, I sorted it. You just told a few of your usual pork pies.
>>

> Of course. It's all the fraud has.

I have a vague memory of you saying you retired at age 37. Is my memory
correct?

If this is true, then that's not a huge amount of work experience as a
mechanic. I mean, you might still know a lot, but not as much as people
who have worked until normal retirement age.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<si14km$p5s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5237&group=aus.cars#5237

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:13:06 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 04:13 UTC

On 17/09/2021 2:00 pm, Max wrote:
> On 16/09/2021 9:41 pm, Clocky wrote:

>> Of course. It's all the fraud has.
>

> I have a vague memory of you saying you retired at age 37. Is my memory
> correct?
>
> If this is true, then that's not a huge amount of work experience as a
> mechanic.  I mean, you might still know a lot, but not as much as people
> who have worked until normal retirement age.

He retired from being a "mechanic" at 37, but he still works. Right now,
it's as an accessory fitter, which has about as much of a "mechanical"
aspect as being a tyre fitter. Prior to that he sold toasters and
washing machines :)

Of course, you can always ask him for the skinny, but take whatever he
tells you with a grain of salt the size of the iceberg that killed the
Titanic as this is a bloke who claims he did his apprenticeship with a
French car specialist between 1988 and 1992 and got out of mechanical
work not long after. Makes you wonder not only where he managed to
acquire all this massive mechanical experience he likes to project
himself as having today, but how he could have ever done some of the
things he's laid claim to such as working on VK Commodores when they
were new cars considering that they'd been out of production a good 2
years before he ever started as an apprentice.

I dunno. Perhaps he had a relo who had one and he used to wash it as a
kid :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqijgiFfr3nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5239&group=aus.cars#5239

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:22:39 +1000
 by: Xeno - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 04:22 UTC

On 17/9/21 2:00 pm, Max wrote:
> On 16/09/2021 9:41 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> All the dealerships I ever worked at had a lube Jockey to do that
>>> sort of Cert II stuff. The mechanics did all the larger repairs, you
>>> know, the jobs that required qualification. IIRC, the apprentices
>>> spent a period of time in the lube bay but it was a small fraction of
>>> their apprenticeship.
>>>>

>> Yep, every dealer I worked at had Noddy types spinning filters under
>> supervision of qualified mechanics.
>>
>> You'll not I said "unless they have direct experience with this stuff"
>> which apparently is too difficult for the 'village idiot' and the
>> fraud to comprehend.

>>> Well, I sorted it. You just told a few of your usual pork pies.
>>>

>> Of course. It's all the fraud has.
>

> I have a vague memory of you saying you retired at age 37. Is my memory
> correct?

He is, IIRC, only semi-retired. He still works in the trade, he just
chooses what he wants to do and the hours he does it.

> If this is true, then that's not a huge amount of work experience as a
> mechanic.  I mean, you might still know a lot, but not as much as people
> who have worked until normal retirement age.

Most mechanics do not work *on the tools* until retirement age. Usually
they run their own business, get roles as foremen or managers or, as I
did, go into teaching at TAFE. Quite a few move out of the trade as the
years stack up since the trade, especially the truck or earthmoving
side, is hard on the old bod. Ever wandered around inside a dealership
and looked at the *age* of the mechanics? Not many oldies.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqijmrFfsvfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5240&group=aus.cars#5240

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:26:01 +1000
 by: Xeno - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 04:26 UTC

On 17/9/21 2:13 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 17/09/2021 2:00 pm, Max wrote:
>> On 16/09/2021 9:41 pm, Clocky wrote:
>
>>> Of course. It's all the fraud has.
>>

>> I have a vague memory of you saying you retired at age 37. Is my
>> memory correct?
>>
>> If this is true, then that's not a huge amount of work experience as a
>> mechanic.  I mean, you might still know a lot, but not as much as
>> people who have worked until normal retirement age.
>
> He retired from being a "mechanic" at 37, but he still works. Right now,
> it's as an accessory fitter, which has about as much of a "mechanical"
> aspect as being a tyre fitter. Prior to that he sold toasters and
> washing machines :)
>
> Of course, you can always ask him for the skinny, but take whatever he
> tells you with a grain of salt the size of the iceberg that killed the
> Titanic as this is a bloke who claims he did his apprenticeship with a
> French car specialist between 1988 and 1992 and got out of mechanical
> work not long after. Makes you wonder not only where he managed to
> acquire all this massive mechanical experience he likes to project
> himself as having today, but how he could have ever done some of the
> things he's laid claim to such as working on VK Commodores when they
> were new cars considering that they'd been out of production a good 2
> years before he ever started as an apprentice.
>
> I dunno. Perhaps he had a relo who had one and he used to wash it as a
> kid :)

Not everyone is like you Darren. You only dreamed up your claimed
apprenticeships, business ownership and more. That includes your claimed
membership of the VACC. Sadly, for you, they busted your dream by
stating in an email they had no record of you or your claimed
businesses. Public records busted all your other claims.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqimkuFgcisU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5241&group=aus.cars#5241

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:16:13 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 05:16 UTC

On 17/9/21 2:00 pm, Max wrote:
> On 16/09/2021 9:41 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> All the dealerships I ever worked at had a lube Jockey to do that
>>> sort of Cert II stuff. The mechanics did all the larger repairs, you
>>> know, the jobs that required qualification. IIRC, the apprentices
>>> spent a period of time in the lube bay but it was a small fraction of
>>> their apprenticeship.
>>>>

>> Yep, every dealer I worked at had Noddy types spinning filters under
>> supervision of qualified mechanics.
>>
>> You'll not I said "unless they have direct experience with this stuff"
>> which apparently is too difficult for the 'village idiot' and the
>> fraud to comprehend.

>>> Well, I sorted it. You just told a few of your usual pork pies.
>>>

>> Of course. It's all the fraud has.
>

> I have a vague memory of you saying you retired at age 37. Is my memory
> correct?
>
> If this is true, then that's not a huge amount of work experience as a
> mechanic.  I mean, you might still know a lot, but not as much as people
> who have worked until normal retirement age.

ROTFL.

--
Daryl

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqinjgFginnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5242&group=aus.cars#5242

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:32:31 +1000
 by: Xeno - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 05:32 UTC

On 17/9/21 3:16 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 17/9/21 2:00 pm, Max wrote:

>>> Yep, every dealer I worked at had Noddy types spinning filters under
>>> supervision of qualified mechanics.
>>>
>>> You'll not I said "unless they have direct experience with this
>>> stuff" which apparently is too difficult for the 'village idiot' and
>>> the fraud to comprehend.

>>> Of course. It's all the fraud has.
>>

>> I have a vague memory of you saying you retired at age 37. Is my
>> memory correct?
>>
>> If this is true, then that's not a huge amount of work experience as a
>> mechanic.  I mean, you might still know a lot, but not as much as
>> people who have worked until normal retirement age.
>

> ROTFL.

At what age did you get forced out of the trade and into *cleaning* Daryl?

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Diesel tractor....

<8uwim1cnqnob$.1jncvwshdt9h2.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5243&group=aus.cars#5243

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:34:05 +1000
References: <LYkZI.72196$Kv2.3906@fx47.iad> <k05djgp6s1k77qnuvod42u5b8cb3ltc492@4ax.com> <sh6ugq$pk$1@dont-email.me> <ipoficFej1mU1@mid.individual.net> <sh7hrg$kbq$1@dont-email.me> <16a2ccc8a1116b98$1$1682696$c4d58e68@news.newsdemon.com> <5gl_I.33655$tG6.8586@fx39.iad> <sholhh$1ah$3@dont-email.me> <16a4a2b227edc28b$1$2193376$8d54264@news.newsdemon.com> <shvc9h$j6n$1@dont-email.me> <iqhtr6Fc1v0U1@mid.individual.net> <si0kig$85r$1@dont-email.me> <ul0i4hhe16di.12wto1twionkm$.dlg@40tude.net> <si0vum$2r5$1@dont-email.me>
 by: alvey - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 05:34 UTC

On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 10:53:11 +0800, Clocky wrote:

> On 17/09/2021 9:35 am, alvey wrote:

>>> Jesus Christ, is this fucking imbecile *still* prattling on with this
>>> delusional self righteous bullshit?
>>>

> about the fucking sook that he hadn't
>>> already made public himself, yet he cries about that as if someone's cut
>>> his testicles off with a pair of tin snips. He seemed to think it was a
>>> *huge* cunt act of which he was totally undeserving, yet he didn't have
>>> *any* such consideration when he grabbed my profile picture from
>>> Facebook and plastered it all over the internet for his own personal
>>> amusement.
>>>
>>> Seriously, I've come across some fucking mental midgets in my life,
>>
>> Ah. So that's why you have a couple of deadhead enablers.
>>
>> But seriously folks... If you want to see a "mental midget" in... errr full
>> flow, read Der Der's big para again. He's whinging about someone taking his
>> pix from that little-known, highly secure site 'Facebook' and... errr
>> putting them on the internet. You know. Where Facebook is.
>>
>> Der Der: Re-defining Stupid In The Internet Age.
>>

> No but in his mind that is the same thing as plastering details
> previously unknown into a public group. Not that he has any moral issue
> with doing so since he encourages others to do exactly that.
>
> I do however.
>

>> alvey
>> “I've never published a photo of Clasener's residence, or revealed his
>> Address…” Fraudster, 10Aug18.
>>
>> This was proven to be yet another lie.
>>

> See above^
> "Grubby never revealed anything..."
>
> As he quite ironically reveals what he really thinks of his "mate" in a
> Freudian slip. Of course he would know, he's been on the receiving end
> of it too.
>
> If I'm to be slandered, derided and lied about for keeping my word, so
> be it. I'm not going to be drawn into unprincipled behaviour by the
> likes of Noddy & Co.

I don't know why the Fraudster gets so upset about his pix being
distributed. It's not as if anyone can tell that he's a sociopathic,
fraudulent, lying, cowardly, abusive and hypocritical buffoon from
pictures. Which is lucky for him, *and* futher proof that God either
doesn't exist, or is a really shithouse designer...

alvey

Re: Diesel tractor....

<k7hb0525r3tr$.1g81ozqwkz2rg.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5244&group=aus.cars#5244

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:57:45 +1000
References: <LYkZI.72196$Kv2.3906@fx47.iad> <k05djgp6s1k77qnuvod42u5b8cb3ltc492@4ax.com> <sh6ugq$pk$1@dont-email.me> <ipoficFej1mU1@mid.individual.net> <sh7hrg$kbq$1@dont-email.me> <16a2ccc8a1116b98$1$1682696$c4d58e68@news.newsdemon.com> <5gl_I.33655$tG6.8586@fx39.iad> <sholhh$1ah$3@dont-email.me> <shpa86$cvu$1@dont-email.me> <shpk8h$13s$1@dont-email.me> <iqbmj9F5s5bU1@mid.individual.net> <shvah9$31k$2@dont-email.me> <si13t0$cqj$1@gioia.aioe.org> <si14km$p5s$1@dont-email.me>
 by: alvey - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 05:57 UTC

On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:13:06 +1000, Noddy wrote:

> On 17/09/2021 2:00 pm, Max wrote:
>> On 16/09/2021 9:41 pm, Clocky wrote:
>
>>> Of course. It's all the fraud has.
>>
>> I have a vague memory of you saying you retired at age 37. Is my memory
>> correct?
>>
>> If this is true, then that's not a huge amount of work experience as a
>> mechanic.  I mean, you might still know a lot, but not as much as people
>> who have worked until normal retirement age.
>
> He retired from being a "mechanic" at 37, but he still works. Right now,
> it's as an accessory fitter, which has about as much of a "mechanical"
> aspect as being a tyre fitter. Prior to that he sold toasters and
> washing machines :)
>
> Of course, you can always ask him for the skinny, but take whatever he
> tells you with a grain of salt the size of the iceberg that killed the
> Titanic as this is a bloke who claims he did his apprenticeship with a
> French car specialist between 1988 and 1992 and got out of mechanical
> work not long after. Makes you wonder not only where he managed to
> acquire all this massive mechanical experience he likes to project
> himself as having today, but how he could have ever done some of the
> things he's laid claim to such as working on VK Commodores when they
> were new cars considering that they'd been out of production a good 2
> years before he ever started as an apprentice.

That's memorably hilarious Fraudster!
Now if you want to talk claimed timelines, lets look at your mess!

You've claimed to have been a Honda service manager from pre-4WS Prelude
(1987) to post 2000. You've also claimed to have owned/worked in ("7 days a
week") a successful business for "15 years" which concluded in 2002/3. This
alleged sale was the conclusion of your career as a 'claimed' mechanic.

Anyone who believes anything the Fraudster says probably also believes that
Australia needs $90bn worth of nuclear submarines.

alvey
Speaking of "relos"... Der Der also claimed that his father "...fought in
the Korean war". This is a conclusively disproven lie.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<EYW0J.75875$z%4.74506@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5251&group=aus.cars#5251

From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:54:25 +1000
 by: lindsay - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 06:54 UTC

On 15/09/2021 7:19 am, John_H wrote:
> lindsay wrote:
>

>> I've fallen in love with the idea of a front end loader.. I'm thinking
>> of the payback with the fucking wombats... :-) My Fathers Day pressie
>> may help out with that...
>> https://www.olightstore.com.au/olight-javelot-turbo-kit-black-1300m-hunting-torch.html
>> Insane...
>>
>> But really, so much more available to me with a 4-in-1 bucket. I have
>> about 30-35 acres that needs to be kept clean. If i leave it another
>> spring/summer, i'll *need* to pay someone to clear it. Dont think i'm
>> prepared to pay someone again... a FEL with a 4 in 1 bucket would be
>> awesome and do the job. Whats not slashed will be fodder for the bucket,
>> pick it up and dump it all on a pile to burn in Autumn. I hate manuka.
>
> Don't you already own a skid steer loader?

Unfortunatly, no. The owner of said skid steer renegged after 6 months
of waiting. Wasn't a huge problem at the time, yet a bobcat would have
been a very nice, and cheap ($10k), complement to the Deutz while it was
working (deutz doesnt have a fel). This was maybe 5-7 years ago. He'd
re-engined with a Kubota donk for $3k (or similar?), and thought he'd
finished with it, but it became handy again, and that was the end of it.
He's still using it on his property now. Having said that, I spoke to
the owner only last week, and he's having a few issues with cancer, and
has mentioned he may bale out of the whole lot. Who knows what happens
there... I may still end up with it... Who knows? for $10K, I wont say no.

I'm thinking I'd be happier with a decent tractor, that can drag good
sized logs out of the scrub, and can slash 30 acres in a day or so. Once
the manuka is cut, it's 24 months before it needs doing again. It's when
I miss this (due to chinavirus lockdowns), and it heads out to 36
months, that the probs occur. Nothing a good bushfire cant fix. Been
down that path too :-(

Here's an example https://imgur.com/a/CpdzhkM before and after...

> In which case about the only advantage a FEL attachment on a small
> tractor would have is being able to travel faster. The work rate of a
> skid steer should run rings around it.

In 30 acres, full of fucking wombat holes? Tractor is not used just to
slash... we have issues with wombats, rainfall erosion, firewood
gathering, upkeep of the tracks through the place...

> If you need to slash tall heavy growth a front mounted slasher for the
> skid steer might also be worth considering.

What the slasher wont destroy, the FEL and 4-in-1 will. And some diesel
and a yellow MAP torch... in August tho. ;-)

Agreed, a skid steer would be awesome, but then we have issues... with
it dragging logs out of the scrub, and using the grader blade and single
tyne ripper once in a blue moon... I'd love "both" a bobcat and a decent
tractor, but can only really justify one.... Already have all the
implements I need (except the FEL/4in1) for a tractor...

Seems the 2nd hand tractors i'm looking at/for are rare as hens teeth
around Gippsland. Quite a few around the 30-40 hp mark, but then no
loader, or no 4-in 1 bucket.... I've decided on this:
https://kubota.com.au/product/mx5200hd/?fbclid=IwAR1OlgzvUyIHnxO3BgUx9dEJjHfPFLwE9qsWQbK9OAUylPPraIOOUX5r37c

or https://tinyurl.com/b275uhvf

52hp 4wd (as the old Deutz bus ran the slasher okay), FEL with 4-in-1
bucket, hydrostatic trans, canopy, and delivery, 3 year/3000 hour
warranty.... due in mid october! In the mean time, my neighbour has
offered to do a couple of laps around the 30 acre paddock to make a
firebreak, which I was happy with, but he's got his own issues. And I
dont like asking for help where it comes to others machinery.... :-) For
obvious reasons. ;-) Hopefully get it before the melb Cup long weekend,
if we're allowed out? I'll apply for a passout.. :) and cause some
carnage then. From memory, we're still allowed to slash in fire season
provided we have an observer and a 9 litre fire extinguisher handy.

Cheers!

Re: Diesel tractor....

<si1ipk$763$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5260&group=aus.cars#5260

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:14:33 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 08:14 UTC

On 17/09/2021 12:00 pm, Max wrote:
> On 16/09/2021 9:41 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> All the dealerships I ever worked at had a lube Jockey to do that
>>> sort of Cert II stuff. The mechanics did all the larger repairs, you
>>> know, the jobs that required qualification. IIRC, the apprentices
>>> spent a period of time in the lube bay but it was a small fraction of
>>> their apprenticeship.
>>>>

>> Yep, every dealer I worked at had Noddy types spinning filters under
>> supervision of qualified mechanics.
>>
>> You'll not I said "unless they have direct experience with this stuff"
>> which apparently is too difficult for the 'village idiot' and the
>> fraud to comprehend.

>>> Well, I sorted it. You just told a few of your usual pork pies.
>>>

>> Of course. It's all the fraud has.
>

> I have a vague memory of you saying you retired at age 37. Is my memory
> correct?

Yes, but I went back to work in the trade. 37 is too young to retire as
I found out, so I went back to work part time but then I missed the
tools so went back to fixing cars.

> If this is true, then that's not a huge amount of work experience as a
> mechanic.

That was still 16 years as a qualified mechanic with real trade
experience plus 4 years of the apprenticeship - by the time I was 37.

That's already more trade experience than some pretenders could amass in
a lifetime ;-)

I mean, you might still know a lot, but not as much as people
> who have worked until normal retirement age.

I agree!
It's also about keeping up with what is current which is another reason
I went back on the tools. My last stint primarily as a (qualified) auto
sparky.

btw, those are the facts - but no doubt the fraud squad will know what I
do and have done better than I do.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<si1jf7$bcn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5262&group=aus.cars#5262

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:26:04 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 08:26 UTC

On 17/09/2021 12:22 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 17/9/21 2:00 pm, Max wrote:

>>> Yep, every dealer I worked at had Noddy types spinning filters under
>>> supervision of qualified mechanics.
>>>
>>> You'll not I said "unless they have direct experience with this
>>> stuff" which apparently is too difficult for the 'village idiot' and
>>> the fraud to comprehend.

>>> Of course. It's all the fraud has.
>>

>> I have a vague memory of you saying you retired at age 37. Is my
>> memory correct?
>
> He is, IIRC, only semi-retired. He still works in the trade, he just
> chooses what he wants to do and the hours he does it.

I did go back to full time on several occasions.

>> If this is true, then that's not a huge amount of work experience as a
>> mechanic.  I mean, you might still know a lot, but not as much as
>> people who have worked until normal retirement age.
>
> Most mechanics do not work *on the tools* until retirement age. Usually
> they run their own business, get roles as foremen or managers or, as I
> did, go into teaching at TAFE. Quite a few move out of the trade as the
> years stack up since the trade, especially the truck or earthmoving
> side, is hard on the old bod. Ever wandered around inside a dealership
> and looked at the *age* of the mechanics? Not many oldies.

There are physical realities you have to face when working in a fast
paced trade environment as you get older. Better to use your brain and
leave the grunt work to the young fry before you're physically fucked.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<si1kg9$hpv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5263&group=aus.cars#5263

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:43:39 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 08:43 UTC

On 17/09/2021 12:13 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 17/09/2021 2:00 pm, Max wrote:
>> On 16/09/2021 9:41 pm, Clocky wrote:
>
>>> Of course. It's all the fraud has.
>>

>> I have a vague memory of you saying you retired at age 37. Is my
>> memory correct?
>>
>> If this is true, then that's not a huge amount of work experience as a
>> mechanic.  I mean, you might still know a lot, but not as much as
>> people who have worked until normal retirement age.
>
> He retired from being a "mechanic" at 37, but he still works. Right now,
> it's as an accessory fitter

Blah blah blah. All pure fabrications that he's constructed in his own
mind because he's so fucking jealous that I gained multiple
qualifications that you can only get when working in the trade.

Qualifications he couldn't get.

Just because I wasn't spraying my daily work schedule in here doesn't
mean I wasn't working on cars as a mechanic and auto sparky.

I'll leave the pretentious wanking to you, it's all you have you
pathetic creature.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<si1mv0$218$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5268&group=aus.cars#5268

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 19:25:47 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 09:25 UTC

On 17/09/2021 4:54 pm, lindsay wrote:

> I'm thinking I'd be happier with a decent tractor, that can drag good
> sized logs out of the scrub, and can slash 30 acres in a day or so. Once
> the manuka is cut, it's 24 months before it needs doing again. It's when
> I miss this (due to chinavirus lockdowns), and it heads out to 36
> months, that the probs occur. Nothing a good bushfire cant fix. Been
> down that path too :-(

I think you'd find a tractor more useful.

Not that I'm writing off Bobcats as useless as they most certainly are
not, but they have their limitations. Yeah, they're a power worker
compared to a tractor as John said, but on the downside they're a pain
in the arse to get in and out of and especially if you're back isn't the
best, they can be rough riding things that throw you around pretty well,
they can rip the ground to pieces pretty easily just moving them around,
and they can be *very* expensive when it comes to attachments.

If you currently have any three point linkage attachments then they'll
work on whatever tractor you buy, and there are some jobs with a tractor
that are just so much easier such as ripping and pipe laying which I've
done here. In fact, the last time I used a bobcat was a couple of years
ago when I had a couple hundred metres of fill to move around that I
thought would take forever with my little tractor so I borrowed a mate's
Mustang skid steer to do the job. Turns out that I found using the
Mustang to be *such* an uncomfortable experience that after around 4
hours I parked it back on his truck and switched to the tractor.

It probably took me about three times as long to do the job on the
tractor, but it was *far* easier than being tossed about in that fucking
Mustang :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Diesel tractor....

<iqjh9fFlebfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5272&group=aus.cars#5272

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 22:50:53 +1000
 by: Xeno - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 12:50 UTC

On 17/9/21 6:14 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 17/09/2021 12:00 pm, Max wrote:

>>> Yep, every dealer I worked at had Noddy types spinning filters under
>>> supervision of qualified mechanics.
>>>
>>> You'll not I said "unless they have direct experience with this
>>> stuff" which apparently is too difficult for the 'village idiot' and
>>> the fraud to comprehend.

>>> Of course. It's all the fraud has.
>>

>> I have a vague memory of you saying you retired at age 37. Is my
>> memory correct?
>>

> Yes, but I went back to work in the trade. 37 is too young to retire as
> I found out, so I went back to work part time but then I missed the
> tools so went back to fixing cars.
>
>> If this is true, then that's not a huge amount of work experience as a
>> mechanic.
>
> That was still 16 years as a qualified mechanic with real trade
> experience plus 4 years of the apprenticeship - by the time I was 37.

20 years is a long time in the trade. The drop out rate of mechanics is
huge in the first 20 years. There was a time when nearly 50% of
apprentices left the trade after 5-10 years. No trade can tolerate an
attrition rate like that. The problem is a little different now, no one
wants to sign up to an apprenticeship these days.

> That's already more trade experience than some pretenders could amass in
> a lifetime ;-)

Some pretenders don't even qualify to sign onto an apprenticeship! That
must really hurt them.

>  I mean, you might still know a lot, but not as much as people
>> who have worked until normal retirement age.
>
> I agree!
> It's also about keeping up with what is current which is another reason
> I went back on the tools. My last stint primarily as a (qualified) auto
> sparky.

Modern cars are such that 60-80% of the work today is electrical. In my
teaching, I saw that most of the apprentices were flummoxed by
electrical stuff. That tells you something - and I suspect it was
something you observed in the trade as well. Probably what motivated you
to do electrical studies. It was certainly what motivated me to do my
advance automotive electrical course and some study of electronics.
That said, the mechanic will still need a deep understanding of all the
mechanical principles in order to correctly interpret the diagnostics.
If you hear people say they can do it all with a hundred dollar code
reader, they are wankers who haven't a clue. Code readers only tell you
what the diagnostic system *thinks* is at fault based on signals it
sees. Having a decent depth of understanding of electrical and, to a
degree, electronics, enables one to test and evaluate the *systems*. For
that you need a scantool, oscilloscope, multimeters and more. You also
need access to manufacturer's info and an understanding of the data the
test equipment provides.

> btw, those are the facts - but no doubt the fraud squad will know what I
> do and have done better than I do.

The important thing is, though he lied and lied, he never did an
apprenticeship - ever.