Just because your doctor has a name for your condition doesn't mean he knows what it is.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Petrol prices

SubjectAuthor
* Petrol pricesYosemite Sam
+* Re: Petrol pricesXeno
|`- Re: Petrol pricesClocky
+* Re: Petrol pricesTrevor Wilson
|+* Re: Petrol pricesYosemite Sam
||+* Re: Petrol pricesjonz
|||`* Re: Petrol pricesNoddy
||| +* Re: Petrol pricesClocky
||| `* Re: Petrol pricesalvey
|||  `* Re: Petrol pricesClocky
|||   `* Re: Petrol pricesYosemite Sam
|||    +* Re: Petrol pricesXeno
|||    |`* Re: Petrol pricesYosemite Sam
|||    | +* Re: Petrol pricesClocky
|||    | |`- Re: Petrol pricesYosemite Sam
|||    | `* Re: Petrol priceskeithr0
|||    |  `* Re: Petrol pricesNoddy
|||    |   +* Re: Petrol pricesYosemite Sam
|||    |   |`* Re: Petrol pricesalvey
|||    |   | `- Re: Petrol pricesYosemite Sam
|||    |   +- Re: Petrol pricesClocky
|||    |   `* Re: Petrol pricesDaryl
|||    |    `- Re: Petrol pricesNoddy
|||    `* Re: Petrol pricesalvey
|||     `* Re: Petrol pricesYosemite Sam
|||      `* Re: Petrol pricesClocky
|||       `- Re: Petrol pricesYosemite Sam
||`- Re: Petrol pricesTrevor Wilson
|`* Re: Petrol pricesDaryl
| `* Re: Petrol pricesNoddy
|  +* Re: Petrol pricesDaryl
|  |`* Re: Petrol pricesNoddy
|  | `* Re: Petrol pricesDaryl
|  |  `* Re: Petrol pricesNoddy
|  |   +* Re: Petrol pricesDaryl
|  |   |`* Re: Petrol pricesNoddy
|  |   | `* Re: Petrol pricesDaryl
|  |   |  `* Re: Petrol pricesNoddy
|  |   |   +* Re: Petrol pricesDaryl
|  |   |   |+- Re: Petrol pricesNoddy
|  |   |   |`* Re: Petrol pricesXeno
|  |   |   | `* Re: Petrol pricesYosemite Sam
|  |   |   |  `- Re: Petrol pricesXeno
|  |   |   +- Re: Petrol pricesXeno
|  |   |   `- Re: Petrol pricesClocky
|  |   `- Re: Petrol pricesXeno
|  +- Re: Petrol pricesXeno
|  `- Re: Petrol pricesalvey
+* Re: Petrol pricesalvey
|`* Re: Petrol pricesYosemite Sam
| `- Re: Petrol pricesXeno
+- Re: Petrol priceskeithr0
+* Re: Petrol pricesPeter Jason
|`* Re: Petrol pricesNoddy
| +* Re: Petrol pricesalvey
| |`- Re: Petrol pricesXeno
| +* Re: Petrol pricesXeno
| |`* Re: Petrol pricesalvey
| | +- Re: Petrol pricesXeno
| | `- Re: Petrol pricesClocky
| +- Re: Petrol pricesClocky
| `* Re: Petrol pricesPeter Jason
|  +* Re: Petrol pricesNoddy
|  |+* Re: Petrol pricesPeter Jason
|  ||+* Re: Petrol pricesNoddy
|  |||`* Re: Petrol pricesClocky
|  ||| `- Re: Petrol pricesXeno
|  ||`- Re: Petrol pricesYosemite Sam
|  |+- Re: Petrol pricesalvey
|  |`- Re: Petrol pricesXeno
|  +* Re: Petrol pricesDaryl
|  |`- Re: Petrol pricesXeno
|  `- Re: Petrol pricesClocky
`- Re: Petrol pricesJesse Bruce

Pages:1234
Re: Petrol prices

<isut7vF5nbmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6570&group=aus.cars#6570

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Petrol prices
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 13:54:52 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 16 Oct 2021 02:54 UTC

On 16/10/21 10:39 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 16/10/2021 8:56 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 16/10/21 1:26 am, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Still, it's nowhere near as bad as it was when I first got the thing.
>>> The way he had it "tuned" was appalling, and it was so bad that when
>>> I drove it to St.Albans from my place to get it's Roadworthy done I
>>> left here with a full tank and it ran out of fuel on the highway at
>>> Tabcorp park on the way home.
>>>
>>> That worked out to around 60 litres per 100km's. Not bad for a 272
>>> cubic in engine :)
>>>

>> Bloody hell, sounds like another shed queen that was never driven.
>
> He reckons he used to drive it to play golf, but clearly the golf course
> must have been just around the corner. He just had no idea what he was
> doing. Everything on the engine was just taken out of it's box and
> installed with no regard to adjustments or tuning. Wrong timing, wrong
> temp settings, wrong plugs, wrong gaps, wrong carburetor, wrong everything.
>
> I've never seen an engine running as rich as this was and still be able
> to start.

That's 4 miles per gallon or the equivalent of a air/fuel ratio of 5:1.
The norm for a truck of that size is between 12-13 mpg. It would have to
have been chaffing out tons of black smoke if it was that rich - if it
would run at all once it warmed up. I smell lots of bullshit in your
story which, given your track record on bullshit, is entirely expected.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Petrol prices

<it19a8FjnirU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6575&group=aus.cars#6575

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 11:38:15 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 00:38 UTC

On 16/10/2021 1:42 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 16/10/21 11:22 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> He reckons he used to drive it to play golf, but clearly the golf
>>> course must have been just around the corner. He just had no idea
>>> what he was doing. Everything on the engine was just taken out of
>>> it's box and installed with no regard to adjustments or tuning.
>>> Wrong timing, wrong temp settings, wrong plugs, wrong gaps, wrong
>>> carburetor, wrong everything.
>>>
>>> I've never seen an engine running as rich as this was and still be
>>> able to start.
>>>

>> Probably would have run better and used less fuel if it was dead stock.
>>

> Ahem, first point, engines need a very rich mixture when cold
> starting. Typically this is about 9:1 but in extreme conditions it
> could be even richer. For an engine to produce power, you need about
> 12:1, acceleration about 11:1, warm cruise about 14.7:1 and
> deceleration about 17-18:1. Even an overly rich mixture will allow the
> engine to cold start as long as flooding doesn't occur but an engine
> mixture that will allow a cold start will not run when hot without
> bogging down.
>
> A point to note here, road engines are designed to run fuel
> efficiently when dead stock, that's a given. That includes stock
> tuning settings.

reminds me of driving cars with a manual choke. how often did we forget
to push the choke back in until the car started running badly and the
penny dropped, lol

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: Petrol prices

<it1jp0FlhnqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6576&group=aus.cars#6576

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 14:31:42 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 03:31 UTC

On 17/10/21 11:38 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 16/10/2021 1:42 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> Probably would have run better and used less fuel if it was dead stock.
>>>

>> Ahem, first point, engines need a very rich mixture when cold
>> starting. Typically this is about 9:1 but in extreme conditions it
>> could be even richer. For an engine to produce power, you need about
>> 12:1, acceleration about 11:1, warm cruise about 14.7:1 and
>> deceleration about 17-18:1. Even an overly rich mixture will allow the
>> engine to cold start as long as flooding doesn't occur but an engine
>> mixture that will allow a cold start will not run when hot without
>> bogging down.
>>
>> A point to note here, road engines are designed to run fuel
>> efficiently when dead stock, that's a given. That includes stock
>> tuning settings.
>>

> reminds me of driving cars with a manual choke. how often did we forget
> to push the choke back in until the car started running badly and the
> penny dropped, lol

Exactly, rich mixture on starting - no worries. Rich mixture when warmed
up -different ball game. All Noddy is proving with these posts of his is
that he has no clue on carburettors. The previous owner of the F100
certainly found a wood duck in Noddy when the tool put up his hand to
buy it *sight unseen*.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Petrol prices

<eh1pmgp5dir16h7hga4vhf9mlm852386ce@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6584&group=aus.cars#6584

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:27:20 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 20:27 UTC

On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 22:50:21 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
wrote:

>the price of petrol in Victoria is tipped to hit $2 a litre within a
>week. Other states?

Yes, and other manufacturing commodities too. To blame, if it is to
be believed, is the shortage of shipping due to the plague. But we
know better. Various cartels have been formed to prop up prices which
will remain high until a surge in supply wreck these cartels. Overseas
politicians are up to their nuts in the affair.

Re: Petrol prices

<ski1fe$9gt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6585&group=aus.cars#6585

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:35:58 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 20:35 UTC

On 18/10/2021 7:27 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 22:50:21 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>

>> the price of petrol in Victoria is tipped to hit $2 a litre within a
>> week. Other states?
>
> Yes, and other manufacturing commodities too. To blame, if it is to
> be believed, is the shortage of shipping due to the plague. But we
> know better. Various cartels have been formed to prop up prices which
> will remain high until a surge in supply wreck these cartels. Overseas
> politicians are up to their nuts in the affair.

For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
while you're at it?

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Petrol prices

<4wijszbklnf6$.7w4esrbluwhh$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6586&group=aus.cars#6586

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:24:32 +1000
 by: alvey - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 21:24 UTC

On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:35:58 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> On 18/10/2021 7:27 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 22:50:21 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> the price of petrol in Victoria is tipped to hit $2 a litre within a
>>> week. Other states?
>>
>> Yes, and other manufacturing commodities too. To blame, if it is to
>> be believed, is the shortage of shipping due to the plague. But we
>> know better. Various cartels have been formed to prop up prices which
>> will remain high until a surge in supply wreck these cartels. Overseas
>> politicians are up to their nuts in the affair.
>
> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
> while you're at it?

Soooo Der Der. If a "retard" is someone who believes in fantasies...

alvey

Re: Petrol prices

<it40vsF55cmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6587&group=aus.cars#6587

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 12:29:30 +1100
 by: Xeno - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 01:29 UTC

On 18/10/21 7:35 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 18/10/2021 7:27 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 22:50:21 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> the price of petrol in Victoria is tipped to hit $2 a litre within a
>>> week. Other states?
>>
>> Yes, and other manufacturing commodities too.  To blame, if it is to
>> be believed, is the shortage of shipping due to the plague.   But we
>> know better.  Various cartels have been formed to prop up prices which
>> will remain high until a surge in supply wreck these cartels. Overseas
>> politicians are up to their nuts in the affair.
>
> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you

You are the prime retard here, that much is self evident. As such, the
rest of the FLCJC can't hold a candle to you though, it has to be said,
they work really hard at it!

> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
> while you're at it?

Irrelevant to a cars newsgroup. How about you, with the aim of keeping
it relevant, explain how you managed to get signed up for no less than
three apprenticeships in an era and in a state (Victoria) where it was
*illegal* to do so. Since two of those *claimed* apprenticeships are
automotive related, that would be interesting and *relevant* here in
aus.cars. While you're at it, you might also like to explain how you
managed to get said apprenticeships when you couldn't meet the minimum
entry standards which were, at the time, year 9 or year 10 passes in
English, Science and Maths. This requirement runs quite counter to your
own *admission* that you *skipped* the last 3 months or so of year 9.
Difficult to pass those requisite subjects if you don't attend school,
eh Darren! Let's make it easy for you, just show proof of trade
qualifications. Just think how you could *slap me down* by that simple
expedient alone. Just the mere thought of being able to do that must set
tingles running up and down your spine! So don't hold back. ;-)

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Petrol prices

<it412dF55cmU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6588&group=aus.cars#6588

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 12:30:52 +1100
 by: Xeno - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 01:30 UTC

On 18/10/21 8:24 am, alvey wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:35:58 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>
>> On 18/10/2021 7:27 am, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Yes, and other manufacturing commodities too. To blame, if it is to
>>> be believed, is the shortage of shipping due to the plague. But we
>>> know better. Various cartels have been formed to prop up prices which
>>> will remain high until a surge in supply wreck these cartels. Overseas
>>> politicians are up to their nuts in the affair.
>>
>> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
>> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
>> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
>> while you're at it?
>
> Soooo Der Der. If a "retard" is someone who believes in fantasies...
>

> alvey

With Darren, it's not a matter of *belief*, more a matter of inability
to differentiate between reality and fantasy.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Petrol prices

<1ffs1cz40tfjh.zpetyy6259jv.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6590&group=aus.cars#6590

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 11:52:32 +1000
 by: alvey - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 01:52 UTC

On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 12:29:30 +1100, Xeno wrote:

> On 18/10/21 7:35 am, Noddy wrote:
>> On 18/10/2021 7:27 am, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Yes, and other manufacturing commodities too.  To blame, if it is to
>>> be believed, is the shortage of shipping due to the plague.   But we
>>> know better.  Various cartels have been formed to prop up prices which
>>> will remain high until a surge in supply wreck these cartels. Overseas
>>> politicians are up to their nuts in the affair.
>>
>> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
>
> You are the prime retard here, that much is self evident. As such, the
> rest of the FLCJC can't hold a candle to you though, it has to be said,
> they work really hard at it!
>
>> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
>> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
>> while you're at it?
>
> Irrelevant to a cars newsgroup. How about you, with the aim of keeping
> it relevant, explain how you managed to get signed up for no less than
> three apprenticeships in an era and in a state (Victoria) where it was
> *illegal* to do so. Since two of those *claimed* apprenticeships are
> automotive related, that would be interesting and *relevant* here in
> aus.cars. While you're at it, you might also like to explain how you
> managed to get said apprenticeships when you couldn't meet the minimum
> entry standards which were, at the time, year 9 or year 10 passes in
> English, Science and Maths. This requirement runs quite counter to your
> own *admission* that you *skipped* the last 3 months or so of year 9.
> Difficult to pass those requisite subjects if you don't attend school,
> eh Darren! Let's make it easy for you, just show proof of trade
> qualifications. Just think how you could *slap me down* by that simple
> expedient alone. Just the mere thought of being able to do that must set
> tingles running up and down your spine! So don't hold back. ;-)

Obvious Gag: It's impossible for Fraudster to have *anything* "running up
and down his spine".

alvey 'Boom Tish' sidecast

Re: Petrol prices

<it42rrF5egmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6591&group=aus.cars#6591

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 13:01:31 +1100
 by: Xeno - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 02:01 UTC

On 18/10/21 12:52 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 12:29:30 +1100, Xeno wrote:

>>> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
>>
>> You are the prime retard here, that much is self evident. As such, the
>> rest of the FLCJC can't hold a candle to you though, it has to be said,
>> they work really hard at it!
>>
>>> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
>>> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
>>> while you're at it?
>>
>> Irrelevant to a cars newsgroup. How about you, with the aim of keeping
>> it relevant, explain how you managed to get signed up for no less than
>> three apprenticeships in an era and in a state (Victoria) where it was
>> *illegal* to do so. Since two of those *claimed* apprenticeships are
>> automotive related, that would be interesting and *relevant* here in
>> aus.cars. While you're at it, you might also like to explain how you
>> managed to get said apprenticeships when you couldn't meet the minimum
>> entry standards which were, at the time, year 9 or year 10 passes in
>> English, Science and Maths. This requirement runs quite counter to your
>> own *admission* that you *skipped* the last 3 months or so of year 9.
>> Difficult to pass those requisite subjects if you don't attend school,
>> eh Darren! Let's make it easy for you, just show proof of trade
>> qualifications. Just think how you could *slap me down* by that simple
>> expedient alone. Just the mere thought of being able to do that must set
>> tingles running up and down your spine! So don't hold back. ;-)
>
> Obvious Gag: It's impossible for Fraudster to have *anything* "running up
> and down his spine".
>

> alvey 'Boom Tish' sidecast

Ah, yes, should have made that observation myself!

Definitely a *Boom Tish* moment.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Petrol prices

<skj4o4$9ut$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6592&group=aus.cars#6592

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 14:37:56 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 06:37 UTC

On 18/10/2021 4:35 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 18/10/2021 7:27 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 22:50:21 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> the price of petrol in Victoria is tipped to hit $2 a litre within a
>>> week. Other states?
>>
>> Yes, and other manufacturing commodities too.  To blame, if it is to
>> be believed, is the shortage of shipping due to the plague.   But we
>> know better.  Various cartels have been formed to prop up prices which
>> will remain high until a surge in supply wreck these cartels. Overseas
>> politicians are up to their nuts in the affair.
>
> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
> while you're at it?

Or the biggest one of all... that you're qualified!

Re: Petrol prices

<skj4uu$9ut$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6593&group=aus.cars#6593

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 14:41:35 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 06:41 UTC

On 18/10/2021 9:52 am, alvey wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 12:29:30 +1100, Xeno wrote:

>>> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
>>
>> You are the prime retard here, that much is self evident. As such, the
>> rest of the FLCJC can't hold a candle to you though, it has to be said,
>> they work really hard at it!
>>
>>> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
>>> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
>>> while you're at it?
>>
>> Irrelevant to a cars newsgroup. How about you, with the aim of keeping
>> it relevant, explain how you managed to get signed up for no less than
>> three apprenticeships in an era and in a state (Victoria) where it was
>> *illegal* to do so. Since two of those *claimed* apprenticeships are
>> automotive related, that would be interesting and *relevant* here in
>> aus.cars. While you're at it, you might also like to explain how you
>> managed to get said apprenticeships when you couldn't meet the minimum
>> entry standards which were, at the time, year 9 or year 10 passes in
>> English, Science and Maths. This requirement runs quite counter to your
>> own *admission* that you *skipped* the last 3 months or so of year 9.
>> Difficult to pass those requisite subjects if you don't attend school,
>> eh Darren! Let's make it easy for you, just show proof of trade
>> qualifications. Just think how you could *slap me down* by that simple
>> expedient alone. Just the mere thought of being able to do that must set
>> tingles running up and down your spine! So don't hold back. ;-)
>
> Obvious Gag: It's impossible for Fraudster to have *anything* "running up
> and down his spine".
>

> alvey 'Boom Tish' sidecast

Damn, I had a jellyfish gag in the chamber too :-)

Re: Petrol prices

<6ceab4d7-147d-4c2c-a48c-ef6f012ee962n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6600&group=aus.cars#6600

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 03:07:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: jjbr...@gmail.com (Jesse Bruce)
 by: Jesse Bruce - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 10:07 UTC

On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 10:45:32 PM UTC+11, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> the price of petrol in Victoria is tipped to hit $2 a litre within a
> week. Other states?

Flat batteries and no sun or wind and can not buy oil, up goes the price of oil is what they are saying.

Re: Petrol prices

<alaumgdmj7gipudm3mlq6gvi66vb7hqcml@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6605&group=aus.cars#6605

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:34:10 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 20:34 UTC

On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:35:58 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:

>On 18/10/2021 7:27 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 22:50:21 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> the price of petrol in Victoria is tipped to hit $2 a litre within a
>>> week. Other states?
>>
>> Yes, and other manufacturing commodities too. To blame, if it is to
>> be believed, is the shortage of shipping due to the plague. But we
>> know better. Various cartels have been formed to prop up prices which
>> will remain high until a surge in supply wreck these cartels. Overseas
>> politicians are up to their nuts in the affair.
>
>For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
>do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
>how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
>while you're at it?

Sometimes I wonder about you, and not because you're wonderful. Here
is irrefutable, indubitable, unimpeachable and obvious that the Earth
is FLAT...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp0VTx6XgAE6abZ.jpg

Moon rhymes with Loon....
https://live.staticflickr.com/8200/8153728504_cb0eb2a2cf_b.jpg
....about which no more need be said!

Clearly you HAVE been needled, and now we know the cause!

Re: Petrol prices

<sknaud$chk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6606&group=aus.cars#6606

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:48:12 +1100
 by: Noddy - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 20:48 UTC

On 20/10/2021 7:34 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:35:58 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:

>> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
>> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
>> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
>> while you're at it?
>>

> Sometimes I wonder about you,
<insane rant flushed>

Don't waste your energy pal, because I certainly don't give a fuck about
a lunatic like you. Now, be a good chap and fuck back off to whatever
lunatic asylum you blew in from, as we have more than our quota of
nutjobs around here.

Take your bullshit conspiracy theories with you.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Petrol prices

<5idumg5e6qufhu6mo4jhg4hlnrg3jkbkjs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6607&group=aus.cars#6607

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 08:20:11 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 21:20 UTC

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:48:12 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:

>On 20/10/2021 7:34 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:35:58 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>

>>> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
>>> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
>>> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
>>> while you're at it?
>>>

>> Sometimes I wonder about you,
><insane rant flushed>
>
>Don't waste your energy pal, because I certainly don't give a fuck about
>a lunatic like you. Now, be a good chap and fuck back off to whatever
>lunatic asylum you blew in from, as we have more than our quota of
>nutjobs around here.
>
>Take your bullshit conspiracy theories with you.

How RUDE! Words fail me......but a picture's worth a 1000 anyway...
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6c/ef/78/6cef78fcc8db67f94fb7a68d63152cd6.png

Re: Petrol prices

<nxi37olq4692$.wva24l5t829n$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6608&group=aus.cars#6608

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:30:06 +1000
 by: alvey - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 21:30 UTC

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:48:12 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> On 20/10/2021 7:34 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:35:58 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>
>>> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
>>> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
>>> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
>>> while you're at it?
>>>

>> Sometimes I wonder about you,
> <insane rant flushed>
>
> Don't waste your energy pal, because I certainly don't give a fuck about
> a lunatic like you. Now, be a good chap and fuck back off to whatever
> lunatic asylum you blew in from, as we have more than our quota of
> nutjobs around here.
>
> Take your bullshit conspiracy theories with you.

Der Der furls up the little flag that says 'Bang!' and pushes it back down
the barrel...

What happened to your mighty (snigger) killfile Fraudster?
What happened to your, "If you don't like it here then fuck off"?
Why don't *you* "fuck off" and take your abuse & bullshit stories with you?

alvey
“I've got all the time in the world cockbreath. I'm not the one who
crawls up his own arse and runs away”. Fraudster, 30May15

Re: Petrol prices

<it8vl4F3pj1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6610&group=aus.cars#6610

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 09:37:21 +1100
 by: Daryl - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 22:37 UTC

On 20/10/21 7:34 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:35:58 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>
>> On 18/10/2021 7:27 am, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Yes, and other manufacturing commodities too. To blame, if it is to
>>> be believed, is the shortage of shipping due to the plague. But we
>>> know better. Various cartels have been formed to prop up prices which
>>> will remain high until a surge in supply wreck these cartels. Overseas
>>> politicians are up to their nuts in the affair.
>>
>> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
>> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
>> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
>> while you're at it?
>>

> Sometimes I wonder about you, and not because you're wonderful. Here
> is irrefutable, indubitable, unimpeachable and obvious that the Earth
> is FLAT...
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp0VTx6XgAE6abZ.jpg
>
> Moon rhymes with Loon....
> https://live.staticflickr.com/8200/8153728504_cb0eb2a2cf_b.jpg
> ...about which no more need be said!
>
> Clearly you HAVE been needled, and now we know the cause!

Maybe you should do some research before posting nonsense, if you did
you would find out that the price increase has nothing to do with your
conspiracy theory.
When Covid first hit and a lot of the worlds population went into
lockdown the demand for fuel plummeted so the oil producers cut back on
production very significantly, now that many people are out of lockdown
demand for fuel has gone back up but supply is struggling to keep up,
when demand exceeds supply the price goes up, simple.

--
Daryl

Re: Petrol prices

<sknjmd$irq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6612&group=aus.cars#6612

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 10:17:32 +1100
 by: Noddy - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 23:17 UTC

On 20/10/2021 8:20 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:48:12 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:

>>> Sometimes I wonder about you,
>> <insane rant flushed>
>>
>> Don't waste your energy pal, because I certainly don't give a fuck about
>> a lunatic like you. Now, be a good chap and fuck back off to whatever
>> lunatic asylum you blew in from, as we have more than our quota of
>> nutjobs around here.
>>
>> Take your bullshit conspiracy theories with you.
>
> How RUDE! Words fail me......

Apparently they don't. You're still talking......

> but a picture's worth a 1000 anyway...
> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6c/ef/78/6cef78fcc8db67f94fb7a68d63152cd6.png

Thanks for that, but none of those have _quite_ as dramatic effect as
telling someone to fuck off. So, as I said, why don't you take your
lunatic flat Earth bullshit back to whatever group you crawled out of
and peddle your wares there.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Petrol prices

<it95e7F4pcuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6613&group=aus.cars#6613

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 11:16:14 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 00:16 UTC

On 20/10/2021 8:20 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:48:12 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:

>>> Sometimes I wonder about you,
>> <insane rant flushed>
>>
>> Don't waste your energy pal, because I certainly don't give a fuck about
>> a lunatic like you. Now, be a good chap and fuck back off to whatever
>> lunatic asylum you blew in from, as we have more than our quota of
>> nutjobs around here.
>>
>> Take your bullshit conspiracy theories with you.
> How RUDE! Words fail me......but a picture's worth a 1000 anyway...
> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6c/ef/78/6cef78fcc8db67f94fb7a68d63152cd6.png

just ignore our resident asshole loon who thinks he rules this ng.
polite discussion, jocularity, repartee, are all too difficult for his
tiny brain to process.

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: Petrol prices

<sknp29$ci6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6614&group=aus.cars#6614

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 08:49:13 +0800
 by: Clocky - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 00:49 UTC

On 20/10/2021 4:34 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:35:58 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>
>> On 18/10/2021 7:27 am, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Yes, and other manufacturing commodities too. To blame, if it is to
>>> be believed, is the shortage of shipping due to the plague. But we
>>> know better. Various cartels have been formed to prop up prices which
>>> will remain high until a surge in supply wreck these cartels. Overseas
>>> politicians are up to their nuts in the affair.
>>
>> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
>> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
>> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
>> while you're at it?
>>

> Sometimes I wonder about you, and not because you're wonderful. Here
> is irrefutable, indubitable, unimpeachable and obvious that the Earth
> is FLAT...
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp0VTx6XgAE6abZ.jpg
>
> Moon rhymes with Loon....
> https://live.staticflickr.com/8200/8153728504_cb0eb2a2cf_b.jpg
> ...about which no more need be said!
>
> Clearly you HAVE been needled, and now we know the cause!

LOL... but what is even funnier is the dullards reaction :-)

Re: Petrol prices

<it983oF5623U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6617&group=aus.cars#6617

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 12:01:43 +1100
 by: Xeno - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 01:01 UTC

On 20/10/21 9:37 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 20/10/21 7:34 am, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
>>> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
>>> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
>>> while you're at it?
>>>

>> Sometimes I wonder about you, and not because you're wonderful.   Here
>> is irrefutable, indubitable, unimpeachable and obvious that the Earth
>> is FLAT...
>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp0VTx6XgAE6abZ.jpg
>>
>> Moon rhymes with Loon....
>> https://live.staticflickr.com/8200/8153728504_cb0eb2a2cf_b.jpg
>> ...about which no more need be said!
>>
>> Clearly you HAVE been needled, and now we know the cause!
>>
> Maybe you should do some research before posting nonsense, if you did
> you would find out that the price increase has nothing to do with your
> conspiracy theory.
> When Covid first hit and a lot of the worlds population went into
> lockdown the demand for fuel plummeted so the oil producers cut back on
> production very significantly, now that many people are out of lockdown
> demand for fuel has gone back up but supply is struggling to keep up,
> when demand exceeds supply the price goes up, simple.

Well, if the truth be known, one of the major factors hitting supply is
*ports*. The ports, especially those in China, are where holdups are
centred.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Petrol prices

<sknqcn$lap$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6619&group=aus.cars#6619

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 09:11:44 +0800
 by: Clocky - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 01:11 UTC

On 20/10/2021 7:17 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 20/10/2021 8:20 am, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> <insane rant flushed>
>>>
>>> Don't waste your energy pal, because I certainly don't give a fuck about
>>> a lunatic like you. Now, be a good chap and fuck back off to whatever
>>> lunatic asylum you blew in from, as we have more than our quota of
>>> nutjobs around here.
>>>
>>> Take your bullshit conspiracy theories with you.
>>
>> How RUDE! Words fail me......
>
> Apparently they don't. You're still talking......
>
>> but a picture's worth a 1000 anyway...
>> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6c/ef/78/6cef78fcc8db67f94fb7a68d63152cd6.png
>>

> Thanks for that, but none of those have _quite_ as dramatic effect as
> telling someone to fuck off. So, as I said, why don't you take your
> lunatic flat Earth bullshit back to whatever group you crawled out of
> and peddle your wares there.

Killfailing everyone, no sense of humour, telling people to leave, that
glass jaw of yours... looks like Usenet just isn't for you. Consider
doing what you said you were going to do a couple of years ago... and
leave "soon".

Re: Petrol prices

<it9dmqF67igU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6620&group=aus.cars#6620

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 13:37:12 +1100
 by: Xeno - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 02:37 UTC

On 20/10/21 7:48 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 20/10/2021 7:34 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:35:58 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>

>>> For fuck's sake. This group is like a magnet for retards. Why don't you
>>> do us all a favour and give us a lecture about how the Earth is flat,
>>> how Man never went to the Moon, and that vaccinations cause Austism
>>> while you're at it?
>>>

>> Sometimes I wonder about you,
> <insane rant flushed>
>
> Don't waste your energy pal, because I certainly don't give a fuck about
> a lunatic like you. Now, be a good chap and fuck back off to whatever

Ah, Darren the NetCop strikes (out) again. Really Darren, the hypocrisy
of it all! You just showed you do care, you responded.

> lunatic asylum you blew in from,

I was wondering which one you *escaped* from.

> as we have more than our quota of nutjobs around here.

With you being the King Nutjob along with the rest of the FLCJC.

> Take your bullshit conspiracy theories with you.

You would have it that there's a "conspiracy theory" going around that
you have NO trade quals. Care to disprove that theory because it's much,
much more than a theory, it's a *fact* as verified by VetAssess and
PROV! Just like the phone call to VetAssess to confirm you had no trade
quals, all it took to disprove your claim of 20+ years of membership to
the VACC was a simple email to that erstwhile organisation. The sweet
irony here is that it is the VACC's mission to rid the trade of fakes
and frauds like you Darren.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Petrol prices

<it9dqgF67igU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6621&group=aus.cars#6621

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 13:39:12 +1100
 by: Xeno - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 02:39 UTC

On 20/10/21 12:11 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 20/10/2021 7:17 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> How RUDE! Words fail me......
>>
>> Apparently they don't. You're still talking......
>>
>>> but a picture's worth a 1000 anyway...
>>> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6c/ef/78/6cef78fcc8db67f94fb7a68d63152cd6.png
>>>

>> Thanks for that, but none of those have _quite_ as dramatic effect as
>> telling someone to fuck off. So, as I said, why don't you take your
>> lunatic flat Earth bullshit back to whatever group you crawled out of
>> and peddle your wares there.
>>

> Killfailing everyone, no sense of humour, telling people to leave, that
> glass jaw of yours... looks like Usenet just isn't for you. Consider
> doing what you said you were going to do a couple of years ago... and
> leave "soon".

I was so hoping for him to go out with a *BANG* but all we saw was a
whimper - *and he's still here*!!!! Talk about unmet expectations! LOL