Dr. Livingston? Dr. Livingston I. Presume?

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

SubjectAuthor
* The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
+- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
+* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
|`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
+* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
|`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsjonz
| +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| | `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |  `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
| |   +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |   `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |    `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |     `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |      +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |      |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |      `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsjonz
| |       +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
| |       |`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |       | `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |       `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |        `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
| |         +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |         |`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |         | `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |         |  `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsjonz
| |         |   `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |         |    `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |         |     +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |         |     |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |         |     `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsjonz
| |         +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |         `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |          `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsjonz
| |           `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |            +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |            |`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |            | `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |            |  `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |            +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |            `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
| |             +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |             |`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |             | `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |             |  `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |             |   +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |             |   |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |             |   `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsYosemite Sam
| |             |    `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |             `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
+- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsYosemite Sam
+* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
|+* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
||`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
|| +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
|| |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
|| `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
||  `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
||   +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
||   |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
||   `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
||    `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
||     +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
||     |`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
||     | `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
||     |  `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsYosemite Sam
||     `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
||      `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
||       `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
|`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
| |+- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |+- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
|  `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsPeter Jason
 +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
 +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
 |+* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsPeter Jason
 ||+* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
 |||`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsjonz
 ||| `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
 ||`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
 || +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
 || `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
 ||  `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
 ||   +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
 ||   `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
 ||    `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
 ||     `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
 ||      `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
 |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
 `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
  `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsYosemite Sam
   `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky

Pages:1234
Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iu95b0F8rgcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6901&group=aus.cars#6901

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 14:30:56 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 03:30 UTC

On 1/11/2021 11:14 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 1/11/2021 4:33 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Oct 2021 22:57:29 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>>

>>> OT: Car post
>>>
>>> As most of you are aware I own a 1956 Ford F-100. It's a cool old thing
>>> and I love it to death.
>>>
>>> But....
>>>
>>> It was put together by a bloke who really had no idea what he was
>>> doing,
>>> and I've been chasing problems with it ever since I bought it last
>>> year.
>> Of course.
>
> No, he just likes to belittle others so he feels 'superior'. It's a
> narcissistic sociopathic trait and he ticks all those boxes.
>
> Don't forget this is the irresponsible failed parent who won't put a
> seat belt on his own kid when he's passenger in an inherently unsafe
> vehicle claiming the belt isn't anchored properly anyway... yet with
> all his chickenshit welding experience he boasts about can't be
> bothered to fix that issue.

+1 his childs life is not a priority

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<slno9s$e4i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6902&group=aus.cars#6902

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 14:52:25 +1100
 by: Noddy - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 03:52 UTC

On 1/11/2021 2:27 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 10:18:38 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:

>> I'm sorry? Stretching bodywork to accomodate a drive shaft that is the
>> wrong length?

> Yep. Cheaper, evidently.

ROTFL :) Yeah, right.

> The bodywork is all welds and not critical to engine performance.

I see. So, this driveshaft that was too long, where did it connect to?
Did it connect to a rear axle that had to be moved to accommodate it
which in itself would necessitate chassis and suspension modifications,
or did it just hang freely in space doing nothing and a bit of
sheetmetal was folded up and painted and placed over it to prevent it
from harpooning anyone?

Do you have any idea at *all* how utterly nonsensical your comments are?

>> Seriously, why do you bother making this stuff up? It's clear to Helen
>> Keller that you have no idea what you're talking about, and are only
>> making yourself look like a complete idiot.
>
> Clearly you're an armchair restorer.

Uh-huh :)

> I have dabbled in the art restoring an old 1930s Austin7 convertible.

My sympathies.

> But I was lucky enough to find an old mechanic who used to rebuild the tiny engines. The
> bodywork defeated me because of the stellar costs. The brakes were a
> joke.

And it ended up in the scrap heap, yeah? So, apart from paying someone
*else* to do some engine work for you, what did you actually "restore"?

You have absolutely *no* idea what you're talking about, do you?

>>> Old cars come with inherent problems:
>>> 1/ Where are the original engineering drawings?
>>> 2/ Where is the service manual?
>>> 3/ Are there unique part numbers?
>>> 4/ Are contemporaneous experts still alive?
>>> 5/ Are you, the restorer, rich?
>>> 6/ Any provenance?
>>> 7/ Spare parts; if & where?
>>> 8/ Can you drive the fugging thing on modern roads?
>>> 9/ Does it have to stored in cotton wool?
>>>
>>> I have survived to tell thee!
>>
>> Yeah, I don't think so. I don't think you know one end of a car from
>> another.
>
> I don't care.

Just as well....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<slnqpt$pul$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6903&group=aus.cars#6903

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 12:35:03 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 04:35 UTC

On 1/11/2021 11:30 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 1/11/2021 11:14 am, Clocky wrote:

>>> Of course.
>>
>> No, he just likes to belittle others so he feels 'superior'. It's a
>> narcissistic sociopathic trait and he ticks all those boxes.
>>
>> Don't forget this is the irresponsible failed parent who won't put a
>> seat belt on his own kid when he's passenger in an inherently unsafe
>> vehicle claiming the belt isn't anchored properly anyway... yet with
>> all his chickenshit welding experience he boasts about can't be
>> bothered to fix that issue.
>>

> +1 his childs life is not a priority

Narcissists only care about themselves.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iu9a8tF9mr7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6905&group=aus.cars#6905

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 14:54:52 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 04:54 UTC

On 31/10/2021 6:38 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 31/10/2021 2:55 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 30/10/2021 9:57 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> In the mean time, if anyone's thinking of purchasing automotive
>>> ignition products any time soon my recommendation would be to stay
>>> the *fuck* away from anything offered by MSD.
>>
>> A bit of a disaster! We have a destroyed MOSFET, an exploded
>> capacitor, a burnt wire and a resistor that has got so hot that it has
>> melted its solder connections.
>
> Yeah, it's about as great a failure as you could ever hope for in
> something like this :)
>

>> The capacitor that has exploded is interesting, without a circuit I'd
>> have to guess that it performs the same function as the condensor (an
>> ancient name for a capacitor) in a Kettering ignition system i.e.
>> absorbing the back EMF from the primary of the coil when the points
>> open or in this case when the MOSFET switches off. If that were the
>> case then the MOSFET would get the whole back EMF and self destruct.
>> The resistor that fell out could possibly be a ballast resistor, if
>> the MOSFET failed short circuit then 12v would be constantly across
>> the coil primary and the resistor in series and the resistor would be
>> dissipating rather more power than it was designed for (remember the
>> days when it was recommended not to leave the ignition on for long
>> periods with the engine stopped to avoid overheating the ballast
>> resistor). The wire is only burned in on spot, probably because it was
>> in contact with the resistor.
>
> Yeah, it was actually jammed into the gap between the capacitor and
> resistor when the base plate was lifted out.
>
>> The upshot is that my guess is that the capacitor was underrated and
>> its demise lead to all of this.
>
> Possibly, but we'll never know.
>
> These things are designed to run at straight battery voltage with no
> ballast resistor in place, and in fact to wire them any other way will
> void the warranty.

Certainly no external ballast, doesn't mean that there wasn't one built
in internally. I'd guess that that is what R22 and R23 are, two 18 ohm
resistors in parallel.

> It was hooked up with an ignition switch triggered
> relay providing direct battery power to the coil and ignition module as
> per MSD's installation instructions, and the alternator on this truck
> runs right at 13.8 volts.
>
> In terms of installation requirements, it was right where it was
> supposed to be and it still blew itself apart anyway. That combined with
> the fact there are a large number of complaints from people suffering
> similar problems as well as the logic boards on these distributors
> having gone through a few upgrades over the last couple of years
> suggests that the hardware itself was completely inadequate for the task
> at hand and it has taken MSD some time to get their shit sorted.
>
> Assuming that it *is* sorted obviously :)
>
> For my part I've solved the problem by ditching the built in MSD
> controller and substituting an externally mounted GM HEI unit with has
> exactly the same functions as the MSD unit but without the built in Rev
> limiter, and given that I wasn't using that anyway I can live without it.
>
> Took the thing for a drive this afternoon and it's running very well,
> and in fact better than it has been previously given that it's always
> had some "fluffiness" due to irregular spark action. Problem now solved,
> and with the best part being that a replacement HEI modules are commonly
> available and can be had for 30 bucks.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iu9ageF9o15U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6906&group=aus.cars#6906

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 14:58:53 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 04:58 UTC

On 31/10/2021 5:57 pm, Clocky wrote:
> [...]
>>> Pretty piss fucking poor if you ask me, and a *perfect* example of
>>> how paying high prices for "brand names" isn't all that great an idea
>>> these days.
>>>
>>> The solution is to buy a new replacement ignition module which comes
>>> as a "kit" which includes the module itself, the base plate, the
>>> advance plate and the magnetic pick up. But given that they're 300
>>> bucks Australian and and are 6 weeks away in the US, I'm not all that
>>> keen to wait that long let alone to pay that kind of money only to
>>> have the exact same thing that fucked up in the first place.
>>>
>>> So we move to plan B, which is to try using a remote ignition module.
>>>
>>> Given that the triggering mechanism in the distributor is a basic
>>> single pole reluctor it should work with *any* generic module like a
>>> Bosch 021 or a GM HEI, and given that I have both of those here and
>>> nothing else to lose my plan is to gut the distributor and just leave
>>> the reluctor and pickup in place and feed those into a 4 pin HEI
>>> module which I can mount in an enclosure on the firewall. I can't see
>>> why it wouldn't work, and I'll know by this time tomorrow if it does.
>>> If it does it will be a good cheap home brew fix that will hopefully
>>> help other MSD owners avoid a massive repair bill.
>>>
>>> In the mean time, if anyone's thinking of purchasing automotive
>>> ignition products any time soon my recommendation would be to stay
>>> the *fuck* away from anything offered by MSD.
>>
>> A bit of a disaster! We have a destroyed MOSFET, an exploded
>> capacitor, a burnt wire and a resistor that has got so hot that it has
>> melted its solder connections.
>>

>> The capacitor that has exploded is interesting, without a circuit I'd
>> have to guess that it performs the same function as the condensor (an
>> ancient name for a capacitor) in a Kettering ignition system i.e.
>> absorbing the back EMF from the primary of the coil when the points
>> open or in this case when the MOSFET switches off. If that were the
>> case then the MOSFET would get the whole back EMF and self destruct.
>> The resistor that fell out could possibly be a ballast resistor, if
>> the MOSFET failed short circuit then 12v would be constantly across
>> the coil primary and the resistor in series and the resistor would be
>> dissipating rather more power than it was designed for (remember the
>> days when it was recommended not to leave the ignition on for long
>> periods with the engine stopped to avoid overheating the ballast
>> resistor). The wire is only burned in on spot, probably because it was
>> in contact with the resistor.
>>
>> The upshot is that my guess is that the capacitor was underrated and
>> its demise lead to all of this.
>>

> There are a few components that need to be checked if a repair is
> attempted. Since he reported erratic ignition stumble prior to failure I
> know *exactly* where I would start. The repair is trivial, anyone with
> basic electronics knowledge and soldering skill can fix it for a few

Obviously the MOSFET and capacitor would need to be replaced, the
capacitor with a higher working voltage item. R23 could probably just be
soldered back in (after checking it) and the orange wire replaced.

Then work from there, possibly being suspicious of the coil.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<slnua9$a9s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6907&group=aus.cars#6907

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 16:35:02 +1100
 by: jonz - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 05:35 UTC

On 11/1/2021 2:52 PM, Noddy wrote:
> On 1/11/2021 2:27 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 10:18:38 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>
>>> I'm sorry? Stretching bodywork to accomodate a drive shaft that is the
>>> wrong length?
>

>> Yep. Cheaper, evidently.
>
> ROTFL :) Yeah, right.
>
>>  The bodywork is all welds and not critical to engine performance.
>
> I see. So, this driveshaft that was too long, where did it connect to?
> Did it connect to a rear axle that had to be moved to accommodate it
> which in itself would necessitate chassis and suspension
> modifications, or did it just hang freely in space doing nothing and a
> bit of sheetmetal was folded up and painted and placed over it to
> prevent it from harpooning anyone?
>
> Do you have any idea at *all* how utterly nonsensical your comments are?
>
>>> Seriously, why do you bother making this stuff up? It's clear to Helen
>>> Keller that you have no idea what you're talking about, and are only
>>> making yourself look like a complete idiot.
>>
>> Clearly you're an armchair restorer.
>
> Uh-huh :)
>
>> I have dabbled in the art restoring an old 1930s Austin7 convertible.
>
> My sympathies.
>
>> But I was lucky enough to find an old mechanic who used to rebuild
>> the tiny engines.   The
>> bodywork defeated me because of the stellar  costs.  The brakes were a
>> joke.
>
> And it ended up in the scrap heap, yeah? So, apart from paying someone
> *else* to do some engine work for you, what did you actually "restore"?
>
> You have absolutely *no* idea what you're talking about, do you?

>>> Yeah, I don't think so. I don't think you know one end of a car from
>>> another.
>>
>> I don't care.
>
> Just as well....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Any competent machinist could/can cut and shut a prop. shaft...

      Shorten the vehicle instead????. What the fuck are ya smoking?. <FBG>

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iu9e56Fad4qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6908&group=aus.cars#6908

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:01:08 +1100
 by: Daryl - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 06:01 UTC

On 1/11/21 2:27 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 10:18:38 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:

>>> Of course. Old cars suffer from a myriad of problems most of which
>>> are hidden. My poor cousin is restoring a very old Bugatti
>>
>> I'll let you in on a little secret here. There are very few "poor"
>> people who own "very old" Bugatti's, and even fewer who restore them.
>>
>>> and was told the wreck he bought was a pastiche of various models. He has
>>> spent a fortune on machining costs, coach work, primitive-engine
>>> repairs, radiator reconstruction, body welding etc and the latest
>>> disaster involves the drive shaft which is too long or too short now
>>> necessitating an adjustment via specialist lathe work. Or even
>>> stretching the whole body.
>>
>> I'm sorry? Stretching bodywork to accomodate a drive shaft that is the
>> wrong length?
> Yep. Cheaper, evidently. The bodywork is all welds and not critical
> to engine performance.

LOL, that is nonsense, altering the length of a driveshaft isn't
difficult or expensive and its a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than
modifying a chassis.

>> Seriously, why do you bother making this stuff up? It's clear to Helen
>> Keller that you have no idea what you're talking about, and are only
>> making yourself look like a complete idiot.
>
> Clearly you're an armchair restorer. I have dabbled in the art
> restoring an old 1930s Austin7 convertible. But I was lucky enough to
> find an old mechanic who used to rebuild the tiny engines. The
> bodywork defeated me because of the stellar costs. The brakes were a
> joke.

The Austin 7 chassis is wooden, what you needed was a carpenter:-)
The brakes are simple, just don't work very well.

--
Daryl

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6909&group=aus.cars#6909

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:05:11 +1100
 by: Daryl - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 06:05 UTC

On 1/11/21 11:04 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 1/11/2021 5:11 am, alvey wrote:

>>> Jerky Birko suffering from a bit of relevance deprivation, is he?
>>
>> lol.
>>
>> I still get a laugh everytime the Fraudster plays his "relevance
>> deprivation" card. It reminds me of 'Opposite Day' from Archer.
>>

>> alvey
>>

> It's hilarious when you consider the original grandstanding relevance
> deprived post where anyone with a clue would have just correctly
> diagnosed fixed it without making a big song and dance about it.
>
> This remedial shit he posts is just too funny to someone with
> qualifications and he's never know why :-)

Obviously that's not you, someone with qualifications that is, your
comments indicate that you don't know your arse from your elbow.
You are so desperate for attention that you constantly change your email
to escape kill files, fuck off back to the kill file till you grow up.

--
Daryl

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<slo29g$t6o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6910&group=aus.cars#6910

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:42:54 +1100
 by: Noddy - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 06:42 UTC

On 1/11/2021 3:58 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 31/10/2021 5:57 pm, Clocky wrote:

>> There are a few components that need to be checked if a repair is
>> attempted. Since he reported erratic ignition stumble prior to failure
>> I know *exactly* where I would start. The repair is trivial, anyone
>> with basic electronics knowledge and soldering skill can fix it for a
>> few dollars.
>
> Obviously the MOSFET and capacitor would need to be replaced, the
> capacitor with a higher working voltage item. R23 could probably just be
> soldered back in (after checking it) and the orange wire replaced.
>
> Then work from there, possibly being suspicious of the coil.

The coil is fine. It tests out okay, and it's up and running now
perfectly happiy with the new ignition module. This truck has a pretty
basic electrical system with *very* minimal requirements. There is no
other fault anywhere on the vehicle. The problem here was a result of
components not being sufficiently rated for the task at hand, which is
no doubt why many people around the world are having problems with MSD
equipment and why MSD has updated their modules to a different design.

As far as repairing the fault and returning the vehicle to a running
condition goes, there were basically three options. The first, and
easiest, would be to order a new replacement module but that would have
also been the most expensive and by some considerable margin. It would
also have taken the longest time to achieve given that the replacement
module would most likely have to come from the US.

The second would have been to order new components and repair this
damaged board which would have been simple enough. All of the damaged
components could be replaced, and there is nothing particularly
difficult about doing so. However I still would have had to wait for the
components to arrive and given the delays in postage we're seeing here
in Vic at the moment I have no idea how long that would take.

The third option was to remove and discard the MSD module and substitute
another type mounted remotely, which is what I did and which has proven
to work extremely well. I took the truck for another couple of drives
today and it's going best it's ever gone and I'm delighted with the
result. I also consider this little homebrew mod an "upgrade" as much as
a fix, as now the distributor is nothing other than a dumb mechanical
trigger and the "smarts" are located externally meaning that from this
point if they ever fail changing the module is a 10 minute job which no
longer requires the distributor to be removed and dismantled.

All in all a good result even if I do say so myself, and to be quite
honest even if I had all the necessary electrical components to repair
the board and return the distributor to it's original state I *much*
prefer how it is now if for no reason other than it facilitating easier
maintenance and/or repair. As far as the engine's concerned it makes
zero difference and the engine doesn't care....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<slo2g4$u7q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6911&group=aus.cars#6911

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:46:25 +1100
 by: Noddy - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 06:46 UTC

On 1/11/2021 5:05 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 1/11/21 11:04 am, Clocky wrote:

>> It's hilarious when you consider the original grandstanding relevance
>> deprived post where anyone with a clue would have just correctly
>> diagnosed fixed it without making a big song and dance about it.
>>
>> This remedial shit he posts is just too funny to someone with
>> qualifications and he's never know why :-)
>>

> Obviously that's not you, someone with qualifications that is, your
> comments indicate that you don't know your arse from your elbow.

This is especially funny when you consider that this is the cocksucker
who made a big deal about something as basic as fitting a set of driving
lights :)

Ever notice how he's always got *all* the answers after the event?

> You are so desperate for attention that you constantly change your email
> to escape kill files, fuck off back to the kill file till you grow up.

He's just an inexperienced idiot with the world's worst inferiority
complex. All he *ever* does around here is start shit fights. Such is
the sad, miserable attention whore cunt he has become.

He should do himself a favour and go back to selling washing machines....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<slo2jg$u7q$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6912&group=aus.cars#6912

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:48:16 +1100
 by: Noddy - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 06:48 UTC

On 1/11/2021 3:54 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 31/10/2021 6:38 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> These things are designed to run at straight battery voltage with no
>> ballast resistor in place, and in fact to wire them any other way will
>> void the warranty.
>
> Certainly no external ballast, doesn't mean that there wasn't one built
> in internally. I'd guess that that is what R22 and R23 are, two 18 ohm
> resistors in parallel.

Probably, but that's largely irrelevant to the average user as they have
no control over what happens *inside* the distributor.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<slo2ng$u7q$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6913&group=aus.cars#6913

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:50:24 +1100
 by: Noddy - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 06:50 UTC

On 1/11/2021 5:01 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 1/11/21 2:27 pm, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> I'm sorry? Stretching bodywork to accomodate a drive shaft that is the
>>> wrong length?

>> Yep. Cheaper, evidently.  The bodywork is all welds and not critical
>> to engine performance.
>
> LOL, that is nonsense, altering the length of a driveshaft isn't
> difficult or expensive and its a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than
> modifying a chassis.

This bloke's just making this rubbish up as he goes.

>>> Seriously, why do you bother making this stuff up? It's clear to Helen
>>> Keller that you have no idea what you're talking about, and are only
>>> making yourself look like a complete idiot.
>>
>> Clearly you're an armchair restorer.  I have dabbled in the art
>> restoring an old 1930s Austin7 convertible.  But I was lucky enough to
>> find an old mechanic who used to rebuild the tiny engines.   The
>> bodywork defeated me because of the stellar  costs.  The brakes were a
>> joke.
>
> The Austin 7 chassis is wooden, what you needed was a carpenter:-)
> The brakes are simple, just don't work very well.

I dare say he's never seen one in the flesh :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<j6c38xvhw0ag.59vdo3fr3ekb$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6914&group=aus.cars#6914

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:06:08 +1000
 by: alvey - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 07:06 UTC

On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 10:18:38 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> On 1/11/2021 7:33 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Oct 2021 22:57:29 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>>

>>> OT: Car post
>>>
>>> As most of you are aware I own a 1956 Ford F-100. It's a cool old thing
>>> and I love it to death.
>>>
>>> But....
>>>
>>> It was put together by a bloke who really had no idea what he was doing,
>>> and I've been chasing problems with it ever since I bought it last year.
>
>> Of course. Old cars suffer from a myriad of problems most of which
>> are hidden. My poor cousin is restoring a very old Bugatti
>
> I'll let you in on a little secret here. There are very few "poor"
> people who own "very old" Bugatti's, and even fewer who restore them.

Gak!!!
There's two options here that I can see.

1. Der Der is so keen to attack those who have what he doesn't that he
deliberately misinterprets what is written.

2. The "poor" loon actually can't tell the difference between literal and
figurative.

Take your pick... Either way the answer is A Loser.

“My command of the language is quite good even if I do say so myself.”
Fraudster, 06Aug20

>> and was told the wreck he bought was a pastiche of various models. He has
>> spent a fortune on machining costs, coach work, primitive-engine
>> repairs, radiator reconstruction, body welding etc and the latest
>> disaster involves the drive shaft which is too long or too short now
>> necessitating an adjustment via specialist lathe work. Or even
>> stretching the whole body.
>
> I'm sorry? Stretching bodywork to accomodate a drive shaft that is the
> wrong length?
>
> Seriously, why do you bother making this stuff up? It's clear to Helen
> Keller that you have no idea what you're talking about, and are only
> making yourself look like a complete idiot.

O the irony.
And thanks for that keeper Fraudster. It's going straight into the fool
room. Or probably the extension I had to add on to it.

alvey

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6915&group=aus.cars#6915

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: yep...@ausics.net (Clocky)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 15:06:28 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 07:06 UTC

On 1/11/2021 2:05 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 1/11/21 11:04 am, Clocky wrote:

>>> lol.
>>>
>>> I still get a laugh everytime the Fraudster plays his "relevance
>>> deprivation" card. It reminds me of 'Opposite Day' from Archer.
>>>

>>> alvey
>>>

>> It's hilarious when you consider the original grandstanding relevance
>> deprived post where anyone with a clue would have just correctly
>> diagnosed fixed it without making a big song and dance about it.
>>
>> This remedial shit he posts is just too funny to someone with
>> qualifications and he's never know why :-)
>>

> Obviously that's not you, someone with qualifications that is, your
> comments indicate that you don't know your arse from your elbow.

You're such a good mechanic you became a dunny cleaner and managed to
fuck that up as well. What would you know?

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iu9i7pFb496U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6916&group=aus.cars#6916

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:10:45 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 07:10 UTC

On 1/11/2021 4:01 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 1/11/21 2:27 pm, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> I'll let you in on a little secret here. There are very few "poor"
>>> people who own "very old" Bugatti's, and even fewer who restore them.

>>> I'm sorry? Stretching bodywork to accomodate a drive shaft that is the
>>> wrong length?
>> Yep. Cheaper, evidently.  The bodywork is all welds and not critical
>> to engine performance.
>
> LOL, that is nonsense, altering the length of a driveshaft isn't
> difficult or expensive and its a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than
> modifying a chassis.
>

>>> Seriously, why do you bother making this stuff up? It's clear to Helen
>>> Keller that you have no idea what you're talking about, and are only
>>> making yourself look like a complete idiot.
>>
>> Clearly you're an armchair restorer.  I have dabbled in the art
>> restoring an old 1930s Austin7 convertible.  But I was lucky enough to
>> find an old mechanic who used to rebuild the tiny engines.   The
>> bodywork defeated me because of the stellar  costs.  The brakes were a
>> joke.
>
> The Austin 7 chassis is wooden, what you needed was a carpenter:-)

Not on the ones that I have seen, there is wood in the bodywork but the
chassis was steel

> The brakes are simple, just don't work very well.

The problem with the front brakes at least is that the rods pull on a
lever on the bottom of the drums. The front axle is flimsy and under
braking twists moving the bottom of the drum back and self unservoing
the brakes. The standard fix was to convert to cable actuation with the
cable going over the top of the axle curving around the front and down
to the actuation lever.

In the hostel where I lived for 5 years as an apprentice there must have
been at least half a dozen of the things at any given time. They usually
ended up tipped on their side (they didn't corner well) and being
stripped for spares for the next one, they were as cheap as chips.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6917&group=aus.cars#6917

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:35:55 +1000
 by: alvey - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 07:35 UTC

On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 15:06:28 +0800, Clocky wrote:

> On 1/11/2021 2:05 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> It's hilarious when you consider the original grandstanding relevance
>>> deprived post where anyone with a clue would have just correctly
>>> diagnosed fixed it without making a big song and dance about it.
>>>
>>> This remedial shit he posts is just too funny to someone with
>>> qualifications and he's never know why :-)
>>>

>> Obviously that's not you, someone with qualifications that is, your
>> comments indicate that you don't know your arse from your elbow.
>
> You're such a good mechanic you became a dunny cleaner and managed to
> fuck that up as well. What would you know?

Perhaps you could ask Deryl for an example or two of where you confused
arse with elbow?

I liked this bit too. "...fuck off back to the kill file till you grow up."
Grown-ups don't stick their fingers in their ears and shout "La la la la la
la la" when they don't like what they're hearing Deryl.

alvey

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iua3arFeaikU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6919&group=aus.cars#6919

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 23:02:33 +1100
 by: Daryl - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 12:02 UTC

On 1/11/21 6:10 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 1/11/2021 4:01 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> Yep. Cheaper, evidently.  The bodywork is all welds and not critical
>>> to engine performance.
>>
>> LOL, that is nonsense, altering the length of a driveshaft isn't
>> difficult or expensive and its a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than
>> modifying a chassis.

>>> Clearly you're an armchair restorer.  I have dabbled in the art
>>> restoring an old 1930s Austin7 convertible.  But I was lucky enough to
>>> find an old mechanic who used to rebuild the tiny engines.   The
>>> bodywork defeated me because of the stellar  costs.  The brakes were a
>>> joke.
>>
>> The Austin 7 chassis is wooden, what you needed was a carpenter:-)
>
> Not on the ones that I have seen, there is wood in the bodywork but the
> chassis was steel

Ex Brother in law owned (AFAIK he still has it) a 1937 Austin7 which I
have worked on the engine and I was told it had a part wooden chassis,
his father was a carpenter and he replaced most of the wood.
Never actually saw the body or chassis so I'm only going on what he told
me, its possible his description was wrong.

>> The brakes are simple, just don't work very well.
>
> The problem with the front brakes at least is that the rods pull on a
> lever on the bottom of the drums. The front axle is flimsy and under
> braking twists moving the bottom of the drum back and self unservoing
> the brakes. The standard fix was to convert to cable actuation with the
> cable going over the top of the axle curving around the front and down
> to the actuation lever.
>
> In the hostel where I lived for 5 years as an apprentice there must have
> been at least half a dozen of the things at any given time. They usually
> ended up tipped on their side (they didn't corner well) and being
> stripped for spares for the next one, they were as cheap as chips.

Sounds about right:-)
I remember my father telling me about tipping his mates Austin 7 over to
fix something underneath.
I mostly worked on the engine which I had at my place, had to put some
of it together, it had a weird distributor drive, weird in that it was
driven off the back of the generator which was gear driven off the front
of the engine so it took a while to work out the timing.
I made a wooden frame to mount the engine and when I tried to start it I
found that it would only start and run for a short time but only if the
throttle was wide open.
I found that the main jet was missing from the carby, BIL took the
engine back and was going to try and find a main jet but I've never seen
it since, AFAIK he hasn't done anything with it, its stored somewhere in
bits.
I think he keeps it because it was a project he worked on in his teens
with his long dead dad.

--
Daryl

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<617fe60c$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6920&group=aus.cars#6920

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: yep...@ausics.net (Clocky)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 21:05:16 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 13:05 UTC

On 1/11/2021 12:58 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 31/10/2021 5:57 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> A bit of a disaster! We have a destroyed MOSFET, an exploded
>>> capacitor, a burnt wire and a resistor that has got so hot that it
>>> has melted its solder connections.
>>>

>>> The capacitor that has exploded is interesting, without a circuit I'd
>>> have to guess that it performs the same function as the condensor (an
>>> ancient name for a capacitor) in a Kettering ignition system i.e.
>>> absorbing the back EMF from the primary of the coil when the points
>>> open or in this case when the MOSFET switches off. If that were the
>>> case then the MOSFET would get the whole back EMF and self destruct.
>>> The resistor that fell out could possibly be a ballast resistor, if
>>> the MOSFET failed short circuit then 12v would be constantly across
>>> the coil primary and the resistor in series and the resistor would be
>>> dissipating rather more power than it was designed for (remember the
>>> days when it was recommended not to leave the ignition on for long
>>> periods with the engine stopped to avoid overheating the ballast
>>> resistor). The wire is only burned in on spot, probably because it
>>> was in contact with the resistor.
>>>
>>> The upshot is that my guess is that the capacitor was underrated and
>>> its demise lead to all of this.
>>>

>> There are a few components that need to be checked if a repair is
>> attempted. Since he reported erratic ignition stumble prior to failure
>> I know *exactly* where I would start. The repair is trivial, anyone
>> with basic electronics knowledge and soldering skill can fix it for a
>> few dollars.
>
> Obviously the MOSFET and capacitor would need to be replaced, the
> capacitor with a higher working voltage item. R23 could probably just be
> soldered back in (after checking it) and the orange wire replaced.
>
> Then work from there, possibly being suspicious of the coil.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<617fe820$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6921&group=aus.cars#6921

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: yep...@ausics.net (Clocky)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 21:14:09 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 13:14 UTC

On 1/11/2021 2:42 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 1/11/2021 3:58 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 31/10/2021 5:57 pm, Clocky wrote:
>
>>> There are a few components that need to be checked if a repair is
>>> attempted. Since he reported erratic ignition stumble prior to
>>> failure I know *exactly* where I would start. The repair is trivial,
>>> anyone with basic electronics knowledge and soldering skill can fix
>>> it for a few dollars.
>>
>> Obviously the MOSFET and capacitor would need to be replaced, the
>> capacitor with a higher working voltage item. R23 could probably just
>> be soldered back in (after checking it) and the orange wire replaced.
>>
>> Then work from there, possibly being suspicious of the coil.
>
> The coil is fine. It tests out okay, and it's up and running now
> perfectly happiy with the new ignition module. This truck has a pretty
> basic electrical system with *very* minimal requirements. There is no
> other fault anywhere on the vehicle. The problem here was a result of
> components not being sufficiently rated for the task at hand, which is
> no doubt why many people around the world are having problems with MSD
> equipment and why MSD has updated their modules to a different design.
>
> As far as repairing the fault and returning the vehicle to a running
> condition goes, there were basically three options. The first, and
> easiest, would be to order a new replacement module but that would have
> also been the most expensive and by some considerable margin. It would
> also have taken the longest time to achieve given that the replacement
> module would most likely have to come from the US.
>
> The second would have been to order new components and repair this
> damaged board which would have been simple enough. All of the damaged
> components could be replaced, and there is nothing particularly
> difficult about doing so.

Nice try, but you wouldn't know to identify or replace the very
component that caused it or how to identify and test the other
components you pretentious fraud!

You're the clueless pretender who has to have a plug and play harness to
wire up spotlights FFS

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<slos11$eqt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6923&group=aus.cars#6923

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 22:02:11 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 14:02 UTC

On 1/11/2021 8:02 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 1/11/21 6:10 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> LOL, that is nonsense, altering the length of a driveshaft isn't
>>> difficult or expensive and its a hell of a lot cheaper and easier
>>> than modifying a chassis.

>>> The Austin 7 chassis is wooden, what you needed was a carpenter:-)
>>
>> Not on the ones that I have seen, there is wood in the bodywork but
>> the chassis was steel
>
> Ex Brother in law owned (AFAIK he still has it) a 1937 Austin7 which I
> have worked on the engine and I was told it had a part wooden chassis,

And you believed that? Clearly you didn't put much thought into that...
but then you're not the thinking type are you. Jesus wept!

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6924&group=aus.cars#6924

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: yep...@ausics.net (Clocky)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 22:33:02 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 14:33 UTC

On 1/11/2021 3:35 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 15:06:28 +0800, Clocky wrote:

>>> Obviously that's not you, someone with qualifications that is, your
>>> comments indicate that you don't know your arse from your elbow.
>>
>> You're such a good mechanic you became a dunny cleaner and managed to
>> fuck that up as well. What would you know?
>
> Perhaps you could ask Deryl for an example or two of where you confused
> arse with elbow?
>
> I liked this bit too. "...fuck off back to the kill file till you grow up."
> Grown-ups don't stick their fingers in their ears and shout "La la la la la
> la la" when they don't like what they're hearing Deryl.
>

> alvey

Well, grown-ups aren't as naive as the Dazzler. I mean, he's a nice
bloke and all but I've never come across anyone as gullible as he is.

NoddyLiar sure collects the misfits and dimwitted, that's for certain.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<617ffdf5$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6925&group=aus.cars#6925

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: yep...@ausics.net (Clocky)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 22:47:18 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 14:47 UTC

On 1/11/2021 1:35 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 11/1/2021 2:52 PM, Noddy wrote:

>>> Yep. Cheaper, evidently.
>>
>> ROTFL :) Yeah, right.
>>
>>>  The bodywork is all welds and not critical to engine performance.
>>
>> I see. So, this driveshaft that was too long, where did it connect to?
>> Did it connect to a rear axle that had to be moved to accommodate it
>> which in itself would necessitate chassis and suspension
>> modifications, or did it just hang freely in space doing nothing and a
>> bit of sheetmetal was folded up and painted and placed over it to
>> prevent it from harpooning anyone?
>>
>> Do you have any idea at *all* how utterly nonsensical your comments are?

>>> Clearly you're an armchair restorer.
>>
>> Uh-huh :)
>>
>>> I have dabbled in the art restoring an old 1930s Austin7 convertible.
>>
>> My sympathies.
>>
>>> But I was lucky enough to find an old mechanic who used to rebuild
>>> the tiny engines.   The
>>> bodywork defeated me because of the stellar  costs.  The brakes were a
>>> joke.
>>
>> And it ended up in the scrap heap, yeah? So, apart from paying someone
>> *else* to do some engine work for you, what did you actually "restore"?
>>
>> You have absolutely *no* idea what you're talking about, do you?

>>> I don't care.
>>
>> Just as well....
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>  Any competent machinist could/can cut and shut a prop. shaft...
>
>       Shorten the vehicle instead????. What the fuck are ya smoking?.
> <FBG>

LOL! I see you're still as fucking dumb as ever.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<1e66dcebdfq2e$.svlbvmv9kb2r$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6927&group=aus.cars#6927

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 04:56:32 +1000
 by: alvey - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 18:56 UTC

On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 22:33:02 +0800, Clocky wrote:

> On 1/11/2021 3:35 pm, alvey wrote:

>>> You're such a good mechanic you became a dunny cleaner and managed to
>>> fuck that up as well. What would you know?
>>
>> Perhaps you could ask Deryl for an example or two of where you confused
>> arse with elbow?
>>
>> I liked this bit too. "...fuck off back to the kill file till you grow up."
>> Grown-ups don't stick their fingers in their ears and shout "La la la la la
>> la la" when they don't like what they're hearing Deryl.
>>
>> alvey
>>

> Well, grown-ups aren't as naive as the Dazzler. I mean, he's a nice
> bloke and all but I've never come across anyone as gullible as he is.
>
> NoddyLiar sure collects the misfits and dimwitted, that's for certain.

Yep. He's Donald Trump's Mini Me.
I expect them to storm the Bacchus Marsh Town Centre Public Toilets in the
near future. They were supposed to attack the Council Chambers, but someone
was holding the map upside down and, well, you know...

alvey

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<slq5p4$upp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6929&group=aus.cars#6929

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 09:54:34 +0800
 by: Clocky - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 01:54 UTC

On 2/11/2021 2:56 am, alvey wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 22:33:02 +0800, Clocky wrote:

>>> Perhaps you could ask Deryl for an example or two of where you confused
>>> arse with elbow?
>>>
>>> I liked this bit too. "...fuck off back to the kill file till you grow up."
>>> Grown-ups don't stick their fingers in their ears and shout "La la la la la
>>> la la" when they don't like what they're hearing Deryl.
>>>
>>> alvey
>>>

>> Well, grown-ups aren't as naive as the Dazzler. I mean, he's a nice
>> bloke and all but I've never come across anyone as gullible as he is.
>>
>> NoddyLiar sure collects the misfits and dimwitted, that's for certain.
>
> Yep. He's Donald Trump's Mini Me.
> I expect them to storm the Bacchus Marsh Town Centre Public Toilets in the
> near future. They were supposed to attack the Council Chambers, but someone
> was holding the map upside down and, well, you know...
>

> alvey

LOL... there is a comedy series in there somewhere.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6932&group=aus.cars#6932

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 14:38:38 +1100
 by: jonz - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 03:38 UTC

On 11/2/2021 1:33 AM, Clocky wrote:
> On 1/11/2021 3:35 pm, alvey wrote:

>>> You're such a good mechanic you became a dunny cleaner and managed to
>>> fuck that up as well. What would you know?
>>
>> Perhaps you could ask Deryl for an example or two of where you confused
>> arse with elbow?
>>
>> I liked this bit too. "...fuck off back to the kill file till you
>> grow up."
>> Grown-ups don't stick their fingers in their ears and shout "La la la
>> la la
>> la la" when they don't like what they're hearing Deryl.

No, you and Jeckle simply snipe and run away!. Big girls blouses, and
good at it. <Shrug>

>> alvey
>>

> Well, grown-ups aren't as naive as the Dazzler. I mean, he's a nice
> bloke and all but I've never come across anyone as gullible as he is.
>
> NoddyLiar sure collects the misfits and dimwitted, that's for certain.

 Why then, does he (and others) think that *you* are a know nothing
twonk?. (putting it nicely. <G>)