My folks didn't come over on the Mayflower, but they were there to meet the boat.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

SubjectAuthor
* The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
+- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
+* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
|`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
+* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
|`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsjonz
| +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| | `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |  `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
| |   +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |   `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |    `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |     `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |      +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |      |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |      `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsjonz
| |       +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
| |       |`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |       | `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |       `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |        `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
| |         +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |         |`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |         | `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |         |  `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsjonz
| |         |   `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |         |    `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |         |     +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |         |     |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |         |     `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsjonz
| |         +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |         `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |          `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsjonz
| |           `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |            +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |            |`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |            | `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |            |  `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |            +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |            `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
| |             +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |             |`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |             | `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |             |  `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |             |   +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |             |   |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| |             |   `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsYosemite Sam
| |             |    `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| |             `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsXeno
| `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
+- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsYosemite Sam
+* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
|+* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
||`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
|| +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
|| |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
|| `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
||  `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
||   +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
||   |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
||   `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
||    `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
||     +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
||     |`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
||     | `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
||     |  `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsYosemite Sam
||     `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
||      `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
||       `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
|`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
| |+- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
| |+- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
| |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
| `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
|  `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsPeter Jason
 +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
 +* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
 |+* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsPeter Jason
 ||+* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
 |||`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsjonz
 ||| `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
 ||`* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
 || +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsNoddy
 || `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
 ||  `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
 ||   +- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
 ||   `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
 ||    `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
 ||     `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partskeithr0
 ||      `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsDaryl
 |`- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsalvey
 `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky
  `* Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsYosemite Sam
   `- Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality partsClocky

Pages:1234
Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<slt1ot$r6r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6969&group=aus.cars#6969

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 15:04:43 +1100
 by: jonz - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 04:04 UTC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>> Its actually very bizzare, carrying on implying that "qualified"
>> mechanics would know all about electronics so they could fix
>> something like that easily.
>> If he actually knew any mechanics he would know that very few of us
>> know anything about electronics simply because its a completely
>> different trade
>
> No it isn't you fucking numpty. Auto-electrics is very much part of
> the auto electrical trade

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No shit Sherlock??...

> and in fact there is quite some overlap between them up to a point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Whodathunkit.......<G>

> , its a bit like saying a mechanic should know how to rewire a house.
>
> Not at all in fact. What an absurd thing to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 There be splinters down the bottom o' the barrel, be careful.. :)))

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iuenqvFaumpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6970&group=aus.cars#6970

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 16:17:01 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 06:17 UTC

On 2/11/2021 9:44 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 2/11/2021 4:11 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> It a common fault. The Zener is used to regulate the voltage and when
>>> it fails the rest follows as seen here.
>>>
>>> I expect Google to be pretty sluggish with the fraud busy Googling
>>> what a Zener diode looks like. Maybe I should send him a few, then
>>> he'll know :-)
>>
>> It's not what I'd expect to cause this problem, a failed zener would
>> be very unlikely to cause the capacitor to explode.
>
> You would if you understood the circuit. You don't think unregulated
> supply voltage way above what is expected has consequences on a circuit
> that switches a coil?
>
> You said it yourself "Knowing nothing about MSD distributors other than
> those 3 pictures, you may well be right."
>
> I'm right and it's a typical failure.

Since a capacitor in that position would be rated to at least several
hundred volts, how is a zener failure in a 12v system going to kill it?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<slt9l7$r1o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6971&group=aus.cars#6971

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:19:16 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 06:19 UTC

On 3/11/2021 2:52 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 11/3/2021 12:15 PM, Clocky wrote:

>> I'm not only a qualified mechanic but *also* a qualified auto sparky
>> which is pretty much what I've been doing the last 5 years. I knew
>> what both of these clowns combined know today about electronics by the
>> time I was 8 years old.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>  UH-HUH....Inferiority writ large there.. W O'B.

Hahahahaha :)

For fuck's sake. How shallow can this cunt get? :)

>> But that is beside the point... automotive electrical is very much a
>> component of the automotive mechanical trade, he would know that had
>> he ever completed an apprenticeship.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Very much?, not so, Only  the basics. (As with windscreens.)
>

>> It's funny watching a failed dunny cleaner and his know-nuffin' mate
>> hate rage on someone who has walked the walk though :-)
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Really?, and who would that be?.

If this fucking moron pats himself on the back any harder he'll rupture
a few internal organs :)

Seriously, have you ever seen *anyone* make such a fucking *dick* of
themselves over something that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do
with them?

Saying that this bloke has a personality disorder is a massive
understatement.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<sltaet$ubg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6972&group=aus.cars#6972

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:32:59 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 06:32 UTC

On 3/11/2021 3:04 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 11/3/2021 12:25 PM, Clocky wrote:

>>> Its actually very bizzare, carrying on implying that "qualified"
>>> mechanics would know all about electronics so they could fix
>>> something like that easily.
>>> If he actually knew any mechanics he would know that very few of us
>>> know anything about electronics simply because its a completely
>>> different trade
>>
>> No it isn't you fucking numpty. Auto-electrics is very much part of
>> the auto electrical trade
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> No shit Sherlock??...

ROFTL :) He's frothing at the mouth *so* bad he has no idea what he's
saying :)

*Basic* auto electrics is part of the regular general stream mechanics
curriculum, but specialist autolec training including electronics is
not. That's why "auto electrician is a separate qualification. Of
course, if he thinks this isn't the case then perhaps he could take a
moment to explain why he needed to do an autolec course if it was
already taught to him as a mechanic's apprentice.

You know, the more this moron bangs on about how good he is the more
parallels you see between him and Clasener. They bloth love big-noting
themselves to the max, but they're both *very* light on when it comes to
showing anything to anyone.

Must be something about the Dutch. No wonder they piss in each other's
pockets so much.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<226y3zym4xoj.jkh91vwirj1j$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6973&group=aus.cars#6973

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:18:11 +1000
References: <sljbvd$tgt$1@dont-email.me> <slkrgc$9qn$1@dont-email.me> <sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me> <pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net> <iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net> <1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net> <slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me> <iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slquaj$5s9$1@dont-email.me> <1i40hzruwyqvq.1892d4ypyb54i$.dlg@40tude.net> <slsns1$cai$1@dont-email.me> <slt125$o96$1@dont-email.me> <slt9l7$r1o$1@dont-email.me>
 by: alvey - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 07:18 UTC

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:19:16 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> Seriously, have you ever seen *anyone* make such a fucking *dick* of
> themselves over something that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do
> with them?

That's one of the easiest own goals in the history of easy own goals.

> Saying that this bloke has a personality disorder is a massive
> understatement.

"And now he puts another one in his own net!!! It's yet another bad day for
the Bumhole (Vic) Bogans FC."

alvey
'Welcome to Bumhole. Finalist, Toxic Waste Dump of the Year'

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<5a4em04x287n.as2dxwmapaw0.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6974&group=aus.cars#6974

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:42:07 +1000
References: <sljbvd$tgt$1@dont-email.me> <slkrgc$9qn$1@dont-email.me> <sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me> <pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net> <iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net> <1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net> <slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me> <iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slsodo$f07$1@dont-email.me> <slt1ot$r6r$1@dont-email.me> <sltaet$ubg$1@dont-email.me>
 by: alvey - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 07:42 UTC

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:32:59 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> You know, the more this moron bangs on about how good he is the more
> parallels you see between him and Clasener. They bloth love big-noting
> themselves to the max, but they're both *very* light on when it comes to
> showing anything to anyone.

This should count for more than one own goal. A LOT MORE.

Sheeeet Fraudster!
You lied about owning a business.
You lied about having multiple quals.
You lied about being from a "dirt poor" family.
You lied about your father being a Korean Digger.
You lied about being "comfortably off".
You lied about Honda sending you to Japan.
You lied about owning property.
And shedloads of minor lies.

And what's the consistent theme? You trying to "big-note" yourself.
And what's the consistently missing component? Your *total* lack of proof.

You're a loser Der Der. Always have been, always will be.

alvey

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iuetmmFc0gfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6975&group=aus.cars#6975

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 18:57:08 +1100
 by: Xeno - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 07:57 UTC

On 3/11/21 5:32 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> No it isn't you fucking numpty. Auto-electrics is very much part of
>>> the auto electrical trade
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> No shit Sherlock??...
>
> ROFTL :) He's frothing at the mouth *so* bad he has no idea what he's
> saying :)
>
> *Basic* auto electrics is part of the regular general stream mechanics

Always has been Darren. Ask me how I know! ;-) Electrical is the largest
single component of the motor mechanics curriculum by far. But you
wouldn't know that since you've never spent a single day of your life as
an apprentice.

> curriculum, but specialist autolec training including electronics is
> not. That's why "auto electrician is a separate qualification. Of

If your reading skills were up to snuff, you would have been able to see
that Clocky did his auto-electrical studies very recently. He stated so
as recently as a post in this thread. It's your mate Daryl who seems to
think electrical isn't part of the motor mechanics trade.

> course, if he thinks this isn't the case then perhaps he could take a
> moment to explain why he needed to do an autolec course if it was
> already taught to him as a mechanic's apprentice.

Hey Darren, I've done *advanced auto electrical* and that *still* wasn't
as comprehensive as the full auto electrician training. But then, it
covered something that wasn't in the auto electrical training I did
during my apprenticeship - that which involved electronic fuel injection
and other exotica not present in cars of the 50s, 60s and 70s. It was a
course run at the college for mechanics in the trade who needed to
*update* their skills. The smart mechanics do that, you know. The
dumbarses who don't find themselves irrelevant to the trade and in
charge of a mop & bucket. Know anyone like that Darren?

> You know, the more this moron bangs on about how good he is the more
> parallels you see between him and Clasener. They bloth love big-noting
> themselves to the max, but they're both *very* light on when it comes to
> showing anything to anyone.

Big noting Darren? You're looking in a mirror again. And big noting
about things you have *never achieved*. FFS, you weren't ever even
*signed up* to any apprenticeship ever. Yet you claim three (3)!!!
Far be it for you to comment on the achievements of others Darren. At
least our achievements are real, all of yours are as fake as you are.

> Must be something about the Dutch. No wonder they piss in each other's
> pockets so much.

The Dutch don't do what you and Daryl are doing. You two are doing a
real tribute to the pocket pissing. I'll bet you two stink like a high
care nursing home!

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iueu35Fc2g4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6976&group=aus.cars#6976

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 19:03:45 +1100
 by: Xeno - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 08:03 UTC

On 3/11/21 6:42 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:32:59 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>

>> You know, the more this moron bangs on about how good he is the more
>> parallels you see between him and Clasener. They bloth love big-noting
>> themselves to the max, but they're both *very* light on when it comes to
>> showing anything to anyone.
>
> This should count for more than one own goal. A LOT MORE.
>
> Sheeeet Fraudster!
> You lied about owning a business.
> You lied about having multiple quals.
> You lied about being from a "dirt poor" family.
> You lied about your father being a Korean Digger.
> You lied about being "comfortably off".
> You lied about Honda sending you to Japan.
> You lied about owning property.
> And shedloads of minor lies.

You missed one. Darren lied about doing three (3) apprenticeships.
That's not a *minor lie*. That lie *underpins* his biggest lie, the lie
that he has trade qualifications, multiple trade qualifications. Most
people would have stopped at claiming one - but not Darren. The
narcissism is huge in that sociopath.

> And what's the consistent theme? You trying to "big-note" yourself.

What is amazing that he lacks sufficient insight to see that obvious
fact himself.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iueugtFc54pU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6977&group=aus.cars#6977

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 19:11:05 +1100
<sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me>
<pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net>
<iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net>
<1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net>
<slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me>
<iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slquaj$5s9$1@dont-email.me>
<1i40hzruwyqvq.1892d4ypyb54i$.dlg@40tude.net> <slsns1$cai$1@dont-email.me>
<slt125$o96$1@dont-email.me> <slt9l7$r1o$1@dont-email.me>
<226y3zym4xoj.jkh91vwirj1j$.dlg@40tude.net>
 by: Xeno - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 08:11 UTC

On 3/11/21 6:18 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:19:16 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>

>> Seriously, have you ever seen *anyone* make such a fucking *dick* of
>> themselves over something that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do
>> with them?
>
> That's one of the easiest own goals in the history of easy own goals.

I just love it when Darren say he doesn't read our posts. I love it even
more when he proves he reads every single one. ;-)

>> Saying that this bloke has a personality disorder is a massive
>> understatement.
>
> "And now he puts another one in his own net!!! It's yet another bad day for
> the Bumhole (Vic) Bogans FC."
>

> alvey
> 'Welcome to Bumhole. Finalist, Toxic Waste Dump of the Year'

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<sltiqe$8ul$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6978&group=aus.cars#6978

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 19:55:37 +1100
<sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me>
<pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net>
<iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net>
<1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net>
<slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me>
<iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slquaj$5s9$1@dont-email.me>
<1i40hzruwyqvq.1892d4ypyb54i$.dlg@40tude.net> <slsns1$cai$1@dont-email.me>
<slt125$o96$1@dont-email.me> <slt9l7$r1o$1@dont-email.me>
<226y3zym4xoj.jkh91vwirj1j$.dlg@40tude.net>
 by: jonz - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 08:55 UTC

On 11/3/2021 6:18 PM, alvey wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:19:16 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>

>> Seriously, have you ever seen *anyone* make such a fucking *dick* of
>> themselves over something that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do
>> with them?
> That's one of the easiest own goals in the history of easy own goals.
>
>> Saying that this bloke has a personality disorder is a massive
>> understatement.
> "And now he puts another one in his own net!!! It's yet another bad day for
> the Bumhole (Vic) Bogans FC."
>

> alvey
> 'Welcome to Bumhole. Finalist, Toxic Waste Dump of the Year'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\

  YAwwwwwnnnnnn, ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

     Nup, yer doing the year over!. (Again!)

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene
Spafford, 1992

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<sltjm4$cvk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6979&group=aus.cars#6979

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:10:29 +0800
<sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me>
<pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net>
<iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net>
<1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net>
<slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me>
<iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slquaj$5s9$1@dont-email.me>
<1i40hzruwyqvq.1892d4ypyb54i$.dlg@40tude.net> <slsns1$cai$1@dont-email.me>
<slt125$o96$1@dont-email.me> <slt9l7$r1o$1@dont-email.me>
<226y3zym4xoj.jkh91vwirj1j$.dlg@40tude.net>
<iueugtFc54pU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Clocky - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 09:10 UTC

On 3/11/2021 4:11 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 3/11/21 6:18 pm, alvey wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:19:16 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>>
>>> Seriously, have you ever seen *anyone* make such a fucking *dick* of
>>> themselves over something that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do
>>> with them?
>>
>> That's one of the easiest own goals in the history of easy own goals.
>
> I just love it when Darren say he doesn't read our posts. I love it even
> more when he proves he reads every single one.   ;-)

Best yet when he gets all upset because he was never smart enough to get
any qualification.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iufar5FefkaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6981&group=aus.cars#6981

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 22:41:23 +1100
 by: Daryl - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 11:41 UTC

On 3/11/21 5:32 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> No it isn't you fucking numpty. Auto-electrics is very much part of
>>> the auto electrical trade
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> No shit Sherlock??...
>
> ROFTL :) He's frothing at the mouth *so* bad he has no idea what he's
> saying :)
>
> *Basic* auto electrics is part of the regular general stream mechanics
> curriculum, but specialist autolec training including electronics is
> not. That's why "auto electrician is a separate qualification. Of
> course, if he thinks this isn't the case then perhaps he could take a
> moment to explain why he needed to do an autolec course if it was
> already taught to him as a mechanic's apprentice.

He doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference between auto electrics
and electronics.
Sure there are a lot of electronic components in cars but I don't know
of or have ever heard of mechanics being expected to repair circuit
boards, if an electronic part is found to be faulty its either replaced
or sent out to a "specialist" for repair.
Some mechanics may be able to do that sort of work but it certainly
isn't part of a normal mechanics duties.

--
Daryl

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<sltt16$ata$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6982&group=aus.cars#6982

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 22:49:55 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 11:49 UTC

On 3/11/2021 10:41 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 3/11/21 5:32 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> *Basic* auto electrics is part of the regular general stream mechanics
>> curriculum, but specialist autolec training including electronics is
>> not. That's why "auto electrician is a separate qualification. Of
>> course, if he thinks this isn't the case then perhaps he could take a
>> moment to explain why he needed to do an autolec course if it was
>> already taught to him as a mechanic's apprentice.
>

> He doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference between auto electrics
> and electronics.

No, but he's a delusional moron who lives in a fantasy world. The way
he's carrying on over this is like it's an attack on his manhood :)

He's absolutely mental :)

> Sure there are a lot of electronic components in cars but I don't know
> of or have ever heard of mechanics being expected to repair circuit
> boards, if an electronic part is found to be faulty its either replaced
> or sent out to a "specialist" for repair.

Very few mechanics repair *anything* these days. I still do because I
can and I enjoy it and prefer to fix something rather than send it to
landfill, but that's not everyone's cup of tea.

> Some mechanics may be able to do that sort of work but it certainly
> isn't part of a normal mechanics duties.

Not even close.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iufeskFf7sdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6984&group=aus.cars#6984

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 23:50:25 +1100
 by: Xeno - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 12:50 UTC

On 3/11/21 10:41 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 3/11/21 5:32 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>> No shit Sherlock??...
>>
>> ROFTL :) He's frothing at the mouth *so* bad he has no idea what he's
>> saying :)
>>
>> *Basic* auto electrics is part of the regular general stream mechanics
>> curriculum, but specialist autolec training including electronics is
>> not. That's why "auto electrician is a separate qualification. Of
>> course, if he thinks this isn't the case then perhaps he could take a
>> moment to explain why he needed to do an autolec course if it was
>> already taught to him as a mechanic's apprentice.
>

> He doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference between auto electrics
> and electronics.

I think you'll find he does. You'll also find that his interest in
electronics is, like my interest in that topic, exactly that, an
interest. The difference between he and I is he took his interest to the
professional level. Mine is and remains relatively amateur. I do still
know how to find my way around automotive electronics components and
systems. You, on the other hand, just bullshit your way along. That's sad!

> Sure there are a lot of electronic components in cars but I don't know
> of or have ever heard of mechanics being expected to repair circuit
> boards, if an electronic part is found to be faulty its either replaced

Nobody is expecting a mechanic to repair a circuit board. For that
matter, if you look at the auto electrical industry as a whole, even
components like starter motors and alternators don't get repaired much
any more. Yet motor mechanics still get taught how to do that job. If
you and Darren had actually worked in the trade, you would surely know
this and be aware that even the manufacturers don't want you repairing
components any more, especially so with electronics.

> or sent out to a "specialist" for repair.

Only if the item cannot be sourced new. For instance, a lot of
alternators can be sourced new cheaper than getting the same component
rebuilt by a specialist.

> Some mechanics may be able to do that sort of work but it certainly
> isn't part of a normal mechanics duties.

Much of a motor mechanic's work role these days is focused on
*diagnosis*. The task of R&R falls to numpties, just like you in fact,
who allow your trade career to stagnate. Have a look in any dealership -
they are staffed with a few techs who can diagnose, a few stagnant
mechanics who can follow orders and replace bits, and a heap of
apprentices.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<rgrmzr7x1r6i.m5zy7r36jq8v$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6985&group=aus.cars#6985

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 05:22:18 +1000
References: <sljbvd$tgt$1@dont-email.me> <slkrgc$9qn$1@dont-email.me> <sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me> <pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net> <iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net> <1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net> <slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me> <iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slsodo$f07$1@dont-email.me> <slt1ot$r6r$1@dont-email.me> <sltaet$ubg$1@dont-email.me> <5a4em04x287n.as2dxwmapaw0.dlg@40tude.net> <iueu35Fc2g4U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: alvey - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 19:22 UTC

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 19:03:45 +1100, Xeno wrote:

> On 3/11/21 6:42 pm, alvey wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:32:59 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>>

>>> You know, the more this moron bangs on about how good he is the more
>>> parallels you see between him and Clasener. They bloth love big-noting
>>> themselves to the max, but they're both *very* light on when it comes to
>>> showing anything to anyone.
>>
>> This should count for more than one own goal. A LOT MORE.
>>
>> Sheeeet Fraudster!
>> You lied about owning a business.
>> You lied about having multiple quals.
>> You lied about being from a "dirt poor" family.
>> You lied about your father being a Korean Digger.
>> You lied about being "comfortably off".
>> You lied about Honda sending you to Japan.
>> You lied about owning property.
>> And shedloads of minor lies.
>
> You missed one. Darren lied about doing three (3) apprenticeships.

Doesn't "You lied about having multiple quals" cover that?

> That's not a *minor lie*. That lie *underpins* his biggest lie, the lie
> that he has trade qualifications, multiple trade qualifications. Most
> people would have stopped at claiming one - but not Darren. The
> narcissism is huge in that sociopath.

Oh absolutely rampant. Luckily he lacks the worldliness and intelligence to
pull it off, providing endless opportunities to expose and laugh at the
little tryhard.

alvey
'Welcome to Bumhole! Please lock your vehicle'

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iugg1dFlfqaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6986&group=aus.cars#6986

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 09:16:11 +1100
<sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me>
<pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net>
<iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net>
<1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net>
<slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me>
<iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slsodo$f07$1@dont-email.me>
<slt1ot$r6r$1@dont-email.me> <sltaet$ubg$1@dont-email.me>
<5a4em04x287n.as2dxwmapaw0.dlg@40tude.net> <iueu35Fc2g4U1@mid.individual.net>
<rgrmzr7x1r6i.m5zy7r36jq8v$.dlg@40tude.net>
 by: Xeno - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 22:16 UTC

On 4/11/21 6:22 am, alvey wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 19:03:45 +1100, Xeno wrote:

>>> This should count for more than one own goal. A LOT MORE.
>>>
>>> Sheeeet Fraudster!
>>> You lied about owning a business.
>>> You lied about having multiple quals.
>>> You lied about being from a "dirt poor" family.
>>> You lied about your father being a Korean Digger.
>>> You lied about being "comfortably off".
>>> You lied about Honda sending you to Japan.
>>> You lied about owning property.
>>> And shedloads of minor lies.
>>
>> You missed one. Darren lied about doing three (3) apprenticeships.
>
> Doesn't "You lied about having multiple quals" cover that?

Not quite. He claims two (2) trade qualifications but he claims three
(3) apprenticeships, the first one (AME) being a "bridge way too far".
Of course, given the Victorian industrial and training legislation in
vogue at that time, once he made the AME Claim, the remaining two became
illegal. The irony here, had Darren claimed just one (fake)
apprenticeship, say, his claimed auto machining trade, I probably
wouldn't have questioned it. His biggest problem was he claimed motor
mechanics but then proceeded to display a significant lack of knowledge
or awareness of the apprenticeship system and topics that any normal
person simply could not have missed. I knew the motor mechanics
curriculum inside out thus knew he'd never been within cooee of any
apprentice class anywhere ever! Such a lying little turd he is.

>> That's not a *minor lie*. That lie *underpins* his biggest lie, the lie
>> that he has trade qualifications, multiple trade qualifications. Most
>> people would have stopped at claiming one - but not Darren. The
>> narcissism is huge in that sociopath.
>
> Oh absolutely rampant. Luckily he lacks the worldliness and intelligence to
> pull it off, providing endless opportunities to expose and laugh at the
> little tryhard.

I just loved it when he tried to project *his* lack of worldliness onto
me. That was so, so funny. More so when you realise he lives within 50
kilometres of where he was born.

> alvey
> 'Welcome to Bumhole! Please lock your vehicle'

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iugg4rFlfqaU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6987&group=aus.cars#6987

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 09:18:03 +1100
 by: Xeno - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 22:18 UTC

On 3/11/21 10:49 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 3/11/2021 10:41 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 3/11/21 5:32 pm, Noddy wrote:
>

>>> *Basic* auto electrics is part of the regular general stream
>>> mechanics curriculum, but specialist autolec training including
>>> electronics is not. That's why "auto electrician is a separate
>>> qualification. Of course, if he thinks this isn't the case then
>>> perhaps he could take a moment to explain why he needed to do an
>>> autolec course if it was already taught to him as a mechanic's
>>> apprentice.
>>

>> He doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference between auto
>> electrics and electronics.
>
> No, but he's a delusional moron who lives in a fantasy world. The way
> he's carrying on over this is like it's an attack on his manhood :)

You protest too much!

> He's absolutely mental :)

You are for sure.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<smgj2c$cn5$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7140&group=aus.cars#7140

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 21:56:29 +0800
 by: Clocky - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 13:56 UTC

On 3/11/2021 2:17 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 2/11/2021 9:44 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> It's not what I'd expect to cause this problem, a failed zener would
>>> be very unlikely to cause the capacitor to explode.
>>
>> You would if you understood the circuit. You don't think unregulated
>> supply voltage way above what is expected has consequences on a
>> circuit that switches a coil?
>>
>> You said it yourself "Knowing nothing about MSD distributors other
>> than those 3 pictures, you may well be right."
>>
>> I'm right and it's a typical failure.
>>
> Since a capacitor in that position would be rated to at least several
> hundred volts, how is a zener failure in a 12v system going to kill it?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<smhtuc$vhp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7170&group=aus.cars#7170

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 10:08:13 +0800
<sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me>
<pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net>
<iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net>
<1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net>
<slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me>
<iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slsodo$f07$1@dont-email.me>
<slt1ot$r6r$1@dont-email.me> <sltaet$ubg$1@dont-email.me>
<iufar5FefkaU1@mid.individual.net> <sltt16$ata$1@dont-email.me>
<iugg4rFlfqaU2@mid.individual.net>
 by: Clocky - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 02:08 UTC

On 4/11/2021 6:18 am, Xeno wrote:
> On 3/11/21 10:49 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> He doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference between auto
>>> electrics and electronics.
>>
>> No, but he's a delusional moron who lives in a fantasy world. The way
>> he's carrying on over this is like it's an attack on his manhood :)
>
> You protest too much!
>>
>> He's absolutely mental :)
>
> You are for sure.

I'm not sure what those clowns are smoking to be honest.

I do wonder if he did some welding on his truck... apparently that can
blow the guts out of these distributors too.

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iv3g0vFafp9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7182&group=aus.cars#7182

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 14:12:29 +1100
<sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me>
<pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net>
<iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net>
<1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net>
<slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me>
<iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slsodo$f07$1@dont-email.me>
<slt1ot$r6r$1@dont-email.me> <sltaet$ubg$1@dont-email.me>
<iufar5FefkaU1@mid.individual.net> <sltt16$ata$1@dont-email.me>
<iugg4rFlfqaU2@mid.individual.net> <smhtuc$vhp$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Xeno - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 03:12 UTC

On 11/11/21 1:08 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 4/11/2021 6:18 am, Xeno wrote:

>>> No, but he's a delusional moron who lives in a fantasy world. The way
>>> he's carrying on over this is like it's an attack on his manhood :)
>>
>> You protest too much!
>>>
>>> He's absolutely mental :)
>>
>> You are for sure.
>
> I'm not sure what those clowns are smoking to be honest.
>
> I do wonder if he did some welding on his truck... apparently that can
> blow the guts out of these distributors too.

Aha! Yes indeed! Not only distributors - alternator diodes and sundry
other electronic bits and pieces.

Now, had Darren actually done an automotive apprenticeship, he would
have been *taught* how to avoid blowing up sensitive electronic bits and
pieces in welding classes. You know, those welding classes he
definitively stated did not exist. Well, until Daryl contradicted him by
saying he did welding as part of his apprenticeship. Shot Darren down in
flames he did! And I laughed.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<smic59$eap$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7202&group=aus.cars#7202

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 14:10:44 +0800
<sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me>
<pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net>
<iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net>
<1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net>
<slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me>
<iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slsodo$f07$1@dont-email.me>
<slt1ot$r6r$1@dont-email.me> <sltaet$ubg$1@dont-email.me>
<iufar5FefkaU1@mid.individual.net> <sltt16$ata$1@dont-email.me>
<iugg4rFlfqaU2@mid.individual.net> <smhtuc$vhp$1@dont-email.me>
<iv3g0vFafp9U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Clocky - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 06:10 UTC

On 11/11/2021 11:12 am, Xeno wrote:
> On 11/11/21 1:08 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> You protest too much!

>>> You are for sure.
>>
>> I'm not sure what those clowns are smoking to be honest.
>>
>> I do wonder if he did some welding on his truck... apparently that can
>> blow the guts out of these distributors too.
>>
> Aha!  Yes indeed! Not only distributors - alternator diodes and sundry
> other electronic bits and pieces.
>
> Now, had Darren actually done an automotive apprenticeship, he would
> have been *taught* how to avoid blowing up sensitive electronic bits and
> pieces in welding classes. You know, those welding classes he
> definitively stated did not exist. Well, until Daryl contradicted him by
> saying he did welding as part of his apprenticeship. Shot Darren down in
> flames he did! And I laughed.

He seemingly has no idea what was covered in the auto-electrical
component of the automotive mechanical apprenticeship either.

Of course he can't know can he :-)

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iv3r5jFcek2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7206&group=aus.cars#7206

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 17:22:41 +1100
<sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me>
<pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net>
<iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net>
<1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net>
<slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me>
<iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slsodo$f07$1@dont-email.me>
<slt1ot$r6r$1@dont-email.me> <sltaet$ubg$1@dont-email.me>
<iufar5FefkaU1@mid.individual.net> <sltt16$ata$1@dont-email.me>
<iugg4rFlfqaU2@mid.individual.net> <smhtuc$vhp$1@dont-email.me>
<iv3g0vFafp9U1@mid.individual.net> <smic59$eap$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Xeno - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 06:22 UTC

On 11/11/21 5:10 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 11/11/2021 11:12 am, Xeno wrote:

>>> I'm not sure what those clowns are smoking to be honest.
>>>
>>> I do wonder if he did some welding on his truck... apparently that
>>> can blow the guts out of these distributors too.
>>>
>> Aha!  Yes indeed! Not only distributors - alternator diodes and sundry
>> other electronic bits and pieces.
>>
>> Now, had Darren actually done an automotive apprenticeship, he would
>> have been *taught* how to avoid blowing up sensitive electronic bits
>> and pieces in welding classes. You know, those welding classes he
>> definitively stated did not exist. Well, until Daryl contradicted him
>> by saying he did welding as part of his apprenticeship. Shot Darren
>> down in flames he did! And I laughed.
>>

> He seemingly has no idea what was covered in the auto-electrical
> component of the automotive mechanical apprenticeship either.
>
> Of course he can't know can he :-)

Nope, would need to actually have done an automotive apprenticeship and
attended the requisite 960 hours at a relevant TAFE college. He's never
ever done that, the facts (database records) or, the absence thereof,
prove it beyond a shadow of doubt.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<iv3rniFcge1U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7209&group=aus.cars#7209

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 17:33:12 +1100
<sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me>
<pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net>
<iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net>
<1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net>
<slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me>
<iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slsodo$f07$1@dont-email.me>
<slt1ot$r6r$1@dont-email.me> <sltaet$ubg$1@dont-email.me>
<iufar5FefkaU1@mid.individual.net> <sltt16$ata$1@dont-email.me>
<iugg4rFlfqaU2@mid.individual.net> <smhtuc$vhp$1@dont-email.me>
<iv3g0vFafp9U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 06:33 UTC

On 11/11/2021 2:12 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 11/11/21 1:08 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> You protest too much!

>>> You are for sure.
>>
>> I'm not sure what those clowns are smoking to be honest.
>>
>> I do wonder if he did some welding on his truck... apparently that
>> can blow the guts out of these distributors too.
>>
> Aha!  Yes indeed! Not only distributors - alternator diodes and sundry
> other electronic bits and pieces.
>
> Now, had Darren actually done an automotive apprenticeship, he would
> have been *taught* how to avoid blowing up sensitive electronic bits
> and pieces in welding classes.

what is the method?

> You know, those welding classes he definitively stated did not exist.
> Well, until Daryl contradicted him by saying he did welding as part of
> his apprenticeship. Shot Darren down in flames he did! And I laughed.

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: The modern day saga of cheap quality parts

<smie8v$ncf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7213&group=aus.cars#7213

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 14:46:50 +0800
<sll17l$6u6$1@dont-email.me> <sllj42$sp5$2@dont-email.me>
<pl326xkjj3qi$.9o7oqvwlwj8m.dlg@40tude.net> <617f2f06$1@news.ausics.net>
<iu9ecpFaecdU1@mid.individual.net> <617f91f3$1@news.ausics.net>
<1pl6c6r36agac$.nhy1v08715dc$.dlg@40tude.net> <617ffa9c$1@news.ausics.net>
<slqbs6$j2g$1@dont-email.me> <slqsv2$prd$1@dont-email.me>
<iuccc9FrlbmU1@mid.individual.net> <slsodo$f07$1@dont-email.me>
<slt1ot$r6r$1@dont-email.me> <sltaet$ubg$1@dont-email.me>
<iufar5FefkaU1@mid.individual.net> <sltt16$ata$1@dont-email.me>
<iugg4rFlfqaU2@mid.individual.net> <smhtuc$vhp$1@dont-email.me>
<iv3g0vFafp9U1@mid.individual.net> <iv3rniFcge1U2@mid.individual.net>
 by: Clocky - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 06:46 UTC

On 11/11/2021 2:33 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 11/11/2021 2:12 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> I'm not sure what those clowns are smoking to be honest.
>>>
>>> I do wonder if he did some welding on his truck... apparently that
>>> can blow the guts out of these distributors too.
>>>
>> Aha!  Yes indeed! Not only distributors - alternator diodes and sundry
>> other electronic bits and pieces.
>>
>> Now, had Darren actually done an automotive apprenticeship, he would
>> have been *taught* how to avoid blowing up sensitive electronic bits
>> and pieces in welding classes.
>

> what is the method?

Disconnect the battery. It's entirely conceivable that pig-ignorant
know-nuffin' Derro thought, "I'll just chickenshit this bracket on
she'll be right"... and nek minnit it won't start.

Then it's China's fault because you know, nothing is ever his fault :-)