VMS is like a nightmare about RXS-11M.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: coffee timer

SubjectAuthor
* coffee timerknuttle
+* Re: coffee timerCarlos E.R.
|`* Re: coffee timerAllodoxaphobia
| `- Re: coffee timerPiet
+- Re: coffee timerThe Real Bev
+* Re: coffee timerDavidm
|`* Re: coffee timerJoe Beanfish
| `* Re: coffee timerknuttle
|  +* Re: coffee timerJoe Beanfish
|  |`* Re: coffee timerknuttle
|  | `- Re: coffee timerJoe Beanfish
|  `* Re: coffee timerCarlos E.R.
|   `- Re: coffee timerknuttle
+* Re: coffee timerJohn McGaw
|`* Re: coffee timerKen Blake
| `* Re: coffee timerknuttle
|  +* Re: coffee timernospam
|  |`* Re: coffee timerCarlos E.R.
|  | +- Re: coffee timerAlan Baker
|  | `* Re: coffee timernospam
|  |  +* Re: coffee timerknuttle
|  |  |+* Re: coffee timerAlan Baker
|  |  ||`* Re: coffee timerCarlos E.R.
|  |  || `* Re: coffee timerAlan Baker
|  |  ||  `* Re: coffee timerCarlos E.R.
|  |  ||   `- Re: coffee timerAlan Baker
|  |  |`* Re: coffee timerlew
|  |  | `* Re: coffee timerknuttle
|  |  |  `* Re: coffee timerlew
|  |  |   `- Re: coffee timerknuttle
|  |  `* Re: coffee timerCarlos E.R.
|  |   +* Re: coffee timernospam
|  |   |+- Re: coffee timerAlan Baker
|  |   |`- Re: coffee timerCarlos E.R.
|  |   +* Re: coffee timerAlan Baker
|  |   |`- Re: coffee timerCarlos E.R.
|  |   `- Re: coffee timerFrank Slootweg
|  `* Re: coffee timerJohn McGaw
|   +* Re: coffee timerJohn McGaw
|   |+* Re: coffee timerThe Real Bev
|   ||`* Re: coffee timerJohn B.
|   || `* Re: coffee timerThe Real Bev
|   ||  `- Re: coffee timerJohn B.
|   |`* Re: coffee timerCarlos E.R.
|   | `* Re: coffee timerJohn McGaw
|   |  `* Re: coffee timerknuttle
|   |   `* Re: coffee timerJohn McGaw
|   |    +* Re: coffee timerknuttle
|   |    |+* Re: coffee timerJohn McGaw
|   |    ||`* Re: coffee timersms
|   |    || `- Re: coffee timerknuttle
|   |    |`- Re: coffee timerCarlos E.R.
|   |    `* Re: coffee timerCarlos E.R.
|   |     `- Re: coffee timerJohn McGaw
|   `- Re: coffee timerKen Blake
+* Re: coffee timersms
|`- Re: coffee timerknuttle
+* Re: coffee timerBlack Iccy
|`- Re: coffee timerCarlos E.R.
`* Re: coffee timersms
 `- Re: coffee timerknuttle

Pages:123
Re: coffee timer

<s9eivu$cai$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16404&group=comp.mobile.android#16404

From: citrustw...@google.mailer.company.invalid (lew)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: coffee timer
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 01:11:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: lew - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 01:11 UTC

On 2021-06-04, knuttle <keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> Not "any timer app that supports multiple alerts". For example, the
>>> default Android timer does support multiple alerts, but can not start
>>> two at the same time. Select one, start it, select another, start it.
>>> There are a few seconds of difference.
>>
>> if that level of precision matters (which i doubt), then set the second
>> timer 'a few seconds' shorter than 4 minutes to compensate for the
>> slight delay in activating the second timer.
>
> It's not the precision that matters.
> It's the convenience that matters.
>
> It should be set up once and when needed I tap just once to use it.
>
> I don't want to touch or look at the phone after I tap the app just once.
> It should beep at 30 seconds. Then beep again at 4 minutes. Then go away.
>
> It shouldn't ever need more than one tap (except upon initial setup).

Have you tried the microwave oven timer? The Panasonic micro has
the ability to set 2 timers; just tried it; press the timer, selected
20 sec then press the timer & selected 10 sec. Got 2 beeps each
countdown. & it is free as you can set 30 sec for the 1st countdown
& 4 min for the 2nd countdown. You would need to do that for
each time you make coffee.

Or else got to the google store & search for countdown timer or
interval timer for exercise. Found several but you would need to
do your own check for which one can save the settings as not
to need re-entry each time; some may not have a sound for each
countdown.

Re: coffee timer

<s9eurc$jk4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16405&group=comp.mobile.android#16405

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 21:33:47 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 04:33 UTC

On 06/04/2021 05:45 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:42:02 -0700, The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> I should have added that the timer function in the standard Android clock
>>> remembers times -- every time it is restarted it knows what it was last
>>> time. I set mine for 90 minutes for morning exercise time and have never
>>> had to change it. Of course you need to tap the 'reset' to set it back to
>>> the memorized time but that seems like a low hurdle. Still, no beep at your
>>> 30-second time but it will sound whatever sound you like at the end.
>>
>>Switch to tea.
>>
>>Given that I once drank half a cup of hot water thinking "Damn, this is
>>REALLY weak..." I probably have no right to comment here, but I can't
>>imagine that this level of precision could possibly be requiresd.
>>
>>Simultaneously: (a) Start the process; (b) set the timer for 4 minutes
>>and 30 seconds; (3) sing Happy Birthday three times to achieve the
>>30-second mark. If it's good enough to kill the COVID virus it ought to
>>be good enough to time coffee.
>
> For the male side of the equation it is even easier.
>
> Just sit your wife down and explain that she MUST weigh the beans,
> then toast the beans, grind then and place them in the coffee maker
> and pour hot water at exactly 200 degrees (F) onto the beans and then
> wait an exact period of time , then push down on the handle of the
> coffee maker...
>
> And she will say "Yes, Darling".

....and go back to whatever she was doing before you so rudely
interrupted her.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Nothing in the universe can withstand the relentless application

Re: coffee timer

<bo2mbgpjhr56b59rcie97ucenh085shp0v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16406&group=comp.mobile.android#16406

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 12:29:51 +0700
 by: John B. - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 05:29 UTC

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 21:33:47 -0700, The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 06/04/2021 05:45 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:42:02 -0700, The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>>Switch to tea.
>>>
>>>Given that I once drank half a cup of hot water thinking "Damn, this is
>>>REALLY weak..." I probably have no right to comment here, but I can't
>>>imagine that this level of precision could possibly be requiresd.
>>>
>>>Simultaneously: (a) Start the process; (b) set the timer for 4 minutes
>>>and 30 seconds; (3) sing Happy Birthday three times to achieve the
>>>30-second mark. If it's good enough to kill the COVID virus it ought to
>>>be good enough to time coffee.
>>
>> For the male side of the equation it is even easier.
>>
>> Just sit your wife down and explain that she MUST weigh the beans,
>> then toast the beans, grind then and place them in the coffee maker
>> and pour hot water at exactly 200 degrees (F) onto the beans and then
>> wait an exact period of time , then push down on the handle of the
>> coffee maker...
>>
>> And she will say "Yes, Darling".
>
>...and go back to whatever she was doing before you so rudely
>interrupted her.

Well, I didn't say that :-) and having been married for some 50 years
now I have figured out it is best NOT to say things like that :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: coffee timer

<plproh-5jv.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16407&group=comp.mobile.android#16407

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 10:36:41 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 08:36 UTC

On 05/06/2021 00.25, Alan Baker wrote:
> On 2021-06-04 2:27 p.m., Carlos E.R. wrote:

>>> Oh, please.
>>>
>>> Two preset timers, and it's too "inconvenient" to hit "Start" twice?
>>
>> You also have to tap "stop" when it starts beeping, which is highly
>> inconvenient when cooking: wet and muddy fingers handling hot pans and
>> utensils.
>>

> Dude. There are these amazing devices that respond to voice commands...

Not mine. Intentionally.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: coffee timer

<jsproh-5jv.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16408&group=comp.mobile.android#16408

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 10:40:19 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 08:40 UTC

On 05/06/2021 00.08, nospam wrote:

>>> if that level of precision matters (which i doubt), then set the second
>>> timer 'a few seconds' shorter than 4 minutes to compensate for the
>>> slight delay in activating the second timer.
>>
>> It matters in comfort and usability.
>
> it's certainly preferable to have one tap do both, but until he finds
> such an app, the above solves the problem.
>
>> It is easy to forget to start the second timer.
>
> not when one is 'a few seconds' later.

When forgetting it does not matter a few seconds later or two hours
later >:-P

>> I could program it on a computer or in a programmable calculator,
>> perhaps. On Android, I don't even know where to start.
>
> one way is by learning kotlin and writing a new timer app that does
> exactly what's needed.

One bored month.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: coffee timer

<cuproh-5jv.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16409&group=comp.mobile.android#16409

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 10:41:16 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 08:41 UTC

On 05/06/2021 00.24, Alan Baker wrote:
> On 2021-06-04 2:26 p.m., Carlos E.R. wrote:
>> On 04/06/2021 21.10, nospam wrote:

>>> if that level of precision matters (which i doubt), then set the second
>>> timer 'a few seconds' shorter than 4 minutes to compensate for the
>>> slight delay in activating the second timer.
>>
>> It matters in comfort and usability.
>> It is easy to forget to start the second timer.
>>
>> I could program it on a computer or in a programmable calculator,
>> perhaps. On Android, I don't even know where to start.
>>

> Or you could just use the mind that you've got and remember to start two
> timers.

I'll phone you next time, so that you can remind me what to do >:-P

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: coffee timer

<g3qroh-5jv.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16410&group=comp.mobile.android#16410

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 10:44:00 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 08:44 UTC

On 04/06/2021 23.36, John McGaw wrote:
> On 6/4/2021 4:08 PM, John McGaw wrote:

>>> Thank you for understanding the need for a multi period timer for
>>> cooking.
>>> https://bluebottlecoffee.com/brew-guides/french-press
>>>
>>> Almost every French Press coffee-making instruction contains the
>>> 30-second mark & the magic 4 minutes (although we're all welcome to
>>> tweak as needed).
>>> https://www.drinktrade.com/how-tos/best-french-press-coffee
>>>
>>> It's so common to have this 30-second/4-minute interval timer that I
>>> was hoping a one touch easy to use coffee-timer app existed for a
>>> French Press.
>>> https://www.today.com/food/how-make-french-press-coffee-t174994
>>
>> OK. How about this? Set any countdown timer you prefer to 4:30 and
>> start, pour water and wait until the timer says 4:00, stir, and wait
>> until the timer runs out then plunge. I can't see where waiting
>> patiently for 30 seconds in the beginning would be too much of a
>> show-stopper. You are hardly likely to wander too far during that
>> short period where you will need to be summoned by a beep or whatever.
>>
> I should have added that the timer function in the standard Android
> clock remembers times -- every time it is restarted it knows what it was
> last time. I set mine for 90 minutes for morning exercise time and have
> never had to change it. Of course you need to tap the 'reset' to set it
> back to the memorized time but that seems like a low hurdle. Still, no
> beep at your 30-second time but it will sound whatever sound you like at
> the end.

I remember when I tried mine with voice commands, every time I told
google to time me two minutes and a half or whatever, it would _add_ a
new timer. After a dozen tests, I had a dozen new timers that I had to
tap each to delete. Same thing with the alarms.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: coffee timer

<s9g2le$udt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16411&group=comp.mobile.android#16411

From: keith_nu...@sbcglobal.net (knuttle)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 10:45:05 -0400
 by: knuttle - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:45 UTC

On 6/5/2021 1:11 AM, lew wrote:
> Have you tried the microwave oven timer?

My oven is closer and it has two separate timers.
I'm using the oven timer now by setting it to 4 minutes and at the 3-1/2
minute mark I do the second step of the French Press.

The problem is that I want to walk away for the next four minutes.
I don't want to stand there and watch it count down.

So that is why I want it on the phone because the phone is in my pocket and
that allows me to walk away from the kitchen to do things.

Now that I think about it I probably need three beeps (or set a slightly
shorter time). Beep 1 is the 30 second mark. Beep 2 is a 30 second warning
to get my ass back into the kitchen. Beep 3 means it's time to pour.

> The Panasonic micro has
> the ability to set 2 timers; just tried it; press the timer, selected
> 20 sec then press the timer & selected 10 sec. Got 2 beeps each
> countdown. & it is free as you can set 30 sec for the 1st countdown
> & 4 min for the 2nd countdown. You would need to do that for
> each time you make coffee.

I want to be able to leave the kitchen for the remaining 3-1/2 minutes.
I don't want to carry a microwave oven in my pocket. ;-)

> Or else got to the google store & search for countdown timer or
> interval timer for exercise. Found several but you would need to
> do your own check for which one can save the settings as not
> to need re-entry each time; some may not have a sound for each
> countdown.

I searched mostly fro dual timers and coffee timers.
But I haven't found a good one yet that is as simple as I want it to be.

I had assumed a "coffee timer" would exist since the formula is common.

Re: coffee timer

<ii1kh9F8d7sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16412&group=comp.mobile.android#16412

From: ken...@invalidemail.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 08:45:45 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 15:45 UTC

On 6/4/2021 1:08 PM, John McGaw wrote:

>>> I don't know anything about using a French press, but the idea of a two
>>> period timer sounds great to me. There's many a recipe that says "cook a
>>> for b minutes than add x and cook it for for y minutes."
>>
>> Thank you for understanding the need for a multi period timer for cooking.
>> https://bluebottlecoffee.com/brew-guides/french-press
>>
>> Almost every French Press coffee-making instruction contains the 30-second
>> mark & the magic 4 minutes (although we're all welcome to tweak as needed).
>> https://www.drinktrade.com/how-tos/best-french-press-coffee
>>
>> It's so common to have this 30-second/4-minute interval timer that I was
>> hoping a one touch easy to use coffee-timer app existed for a French Press.
>> https://www.today.com/food/how-make-french-press-coffee-t174994
>
> OK. How about this? Set any countdown timer you prefer to 4:30 and start,
> pour water and wait until the timer says 4:00, stir, and wait until the
> timer runs out then plunge.

That's what I often do when cooking with two consecutive times, but...

> I can't see where waiting patiently for 30
> seconds in the beginning would be too much of a show-stopper. You are
> hardly likely to wander too far during that short period where you will
> need to be summoned by a beep or whatever.

....it's likely that my attention fades, and without a sound to remind
me, I am likely to miss the end of the first period.

--
Ken

Re: coffee timer

<s9g91q$2qs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16413&group=comp.mobile.android#16413

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 09:34:01 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 16:34 UTC

On 2021-06-05 1:36 a.m., Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 05/06/2021 00.25, Alan Baker wrote:

>>> You also have to tap "stop" when it starts beeping, which is highly
>>> inconvenient when cooking: wet and muddy fingers handling hot pans
>>> and utensils.
>>>

>> Dude. There are these amazing devices that respond to voice commands...
>
> Not mine. Intentionally.

Bully for you, and you've made your paranoid choice.

Re: coffee timer

<s9ga8b$755$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16414&group=comp.mobile.android#16414

From: citrustw...@google.mailer.company.invalid (lew)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 16:54:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: lew - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 16:54 UTC

On 2021-06-05, knuttle <keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 6/5/2021 1:11 AM, lew wrote:
>> Have you tried the microwave oven timer?
>
> My oven is closer and it has two separate timers.
> I'm using the oven timer now by setting it to 4 minutes and at the 3-1/2
> minute mark I do the second step of the French Press.
>
> The problem is that I want to walk away for the next four minutes.
> I don't want to stand there and watch it count down.
>
> So that is why I want it on the phone because the phone is in my pocket and
> that allows me to walk away from the kitchen to do things.
>
> Now that I think about it I probably need three beeps (or set a slightly
> shorter time). Beep 1 is the 30 second mark. Beep 2 is a 30 second warning
> to get my ass back into the kitchen. Beep 3 means it's time to pour.
>
>> The Panasonic micro has
>> the ability to set 2 timers; just tried it; press the timer, selected
>> 20 sec then press the timer & selected 10 sec. Got 2 beeps each
>> countdown. & it is free as you can set 30 sec for the 1st countdown
>> & 4 min for the 2nd countdown. You would need to do that for
>> each time you make coffee.
>
> I want to be able to leave the kitchen for the remaining 3-1/2 minutes.
> I don't want to carry a microwave oven in my pocket. ;-)
>
>> Or else got to the google store & search for countdown timer or
>> interval timer for exercise. Found several but you would need to
>> do your own check for which one can save the settings as not
>> to need re-entry each time; some may not have a sound for each
>> countdown.
>
> I searched mostly fro dual timers and coffee timers.
> But I haven't found a good one yet that is as simple as I want it to be.
>
> I had assumed a "coffee timer" would exist since the formula is common.

You do NOT need "dual timers", just 1 timer that allows one to set
various intervals for different exercises or activities. Looks to me
like you were searching for separate timers for the 30 sec & 4 min.....

see: "https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/cluster?clp=ggEeChxjb3VudGRvd24gdGltZXIgZm9yIGV4ZXJjaXNl:S:ANO1ljJhrdY&gsr=CiGCAR4KHGNvdW50ZG93biB0aW1lciBmb3IgZXhlcmNpc2U%3D:S:ANO1ljJsLvM&hl=en"

Re: coffee timer

<s9gohk.ecg.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16415&group=comp.mobile.android#16415

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 5 Jun 2021 18:58:38 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 18:58 UTC

Carlos E.R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
[...]
> It matters in comfort and usability.
> It is easy to forget to start the second timer.
>
> I could program it on a computer or in a programmable calculator,
> perhaps. On Android, I don't even know where to start.

If Keith has a little programming experience, then I think it would
be rather simple to program such a task in Tasker (or equivalenti, i.e.
Automate, etc.) or/and IFTTT, especially since the times are fixed.

OTOH, he could install a Windows emulator and write a batch file which
makes the 'computer' beep! :-) (Or install Termux and do it in Linux!)

Re: coffee timer

<M8VuI.63216$8O4.39348@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16417&group=comp.mobile.android#16417

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
From: Nob...@Nowh.ere (John McGaw)
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 21:02:34 -0400
 by: John McGaw - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 01:02 UTC

On 6/5/2021 4:44 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
snip...

> I remember when I tried mine with voice commands, every time I told google
> to time me two minutes and a half or whatever, it would _add_ a new timer.
> After a dozen tests, I had a dozen new timers that I had to tap each to
> delete. Same thing with the alarms.

I never thought of any options. I've got a precision timer in my microwave
and that is what I use for coffee but there are two timers on the range.
Actually, I should try to use my Echo Dot at least once for timing coffee.
It is sitting right there on the knee wall which divides the kitchen
peninsula from the family room and I know that Alexa handles other sorts of
timing and reminders and alarms quite gracefully. If my mind is still
functioning tomorrow AM I may give her a try.

--
Bodger's Dictum: Artifical intelligence
can never overcome natural stupidity.

Re: coffee timer

<s9hl9o$75f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16418&group=comp.mobile.android#16418

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 22:09:19 -0700
 by: sms - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 05:09 UTC

On 6/3/2021 6:08 PM, knuttle wrote:
> A French Press coffee timer needs 1/2 minute and then 3-1/2 minutes.
> What timer do you know of that can do that as easily as one tap?
>
> Notice it's not 4 minutes but 1/2 minute and then 3-1/2 more minutes.
> Any coffee timers you know of out there on Google Play that do that?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.validconcept.Timer4TM
could do this. You can set the time of a "Speech" at green for 30
seconds and yellow for 4 minutes. You can have it play a sound at 30
seconds and again at 4 minutes.

Re: coffee timer

<s9hmar$bou$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16419&group=comp.mobile.android#16419

From: keith_nu...@sbcglobal.net (knuttle)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 01:26:54 -0400
 by: knuttle - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 05:26 UTC

On 05-06-2021 16:54 lew <citrustwosac@google.mailer.company.invalid> wrote:
> You do NOT need "dual timers", just 1 timer that allows one to set
> various intervals for different exercises or activities. Looks to me
> like you were searching for separate timers for the 30 sec & 4 min.....
>
> see: "https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/cluster?clp=ggEeChxjb3VudGRvd24gdGltZXIgZm9yIGV4ZXJjaXNl:S:ANO1ljJhrdY&gsr=CiGCAR4KHGNvdW50ZG93biB0aW1lciBmb3IgZXhlcmNpc2U%3D:S:ANO1ljJsLvM&hl=en"

What is best is something that is purpose built because it's one tap.
Second best is anything that can be set up to be 1 tap & beep twice.

Anything more than 1 tap is less useful but will work if that's all we've got.
For a timer to have ads is mostly worthless as then it's no longer 1 tap.

Of the first 50 in that list these 35 aren't even worth downloading due to ads.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id�.dreamspark.intervaltimer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alphapod.fitsifu.jordanyeoh
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apprebel.audiolifts
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.axiommobile.tabatatraining
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brunoschalch.timeuntil
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.countdown
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.comostudio.speakingtimer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crossfit.intervaltimer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evgeniysharafan.tabatatimer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fehnerssoftware.visualtimer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fps.stopwatch
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hybrid.intervaltimer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hybrid.stopwatch
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ihunda.android.hiit
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intervaltimer.workout.tabatatimer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intervaltimerfree.app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jangstudiosph.gymprotimer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netincome.boxingroundintervaltimer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neurondigital.exercisetimer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.parabolicriver.tsp
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.powerups.timer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplevision.workout.tabata
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sinwho.timer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sociosoft.countdown
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.software.lightningapp.tabataworkouts
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vgfit.timerplus
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vxtim.exercisetimerfitnesscoach
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yanshitian.intervaltimerandcounter
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fitnesstraining.workout.stopwatch.hiit.intervaltimer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.github.deweyreed.timer.google
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jamonsoft.hiitmusic
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.gira.widget.countdown
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.smartwod.timer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=personal.calebcordell.intervaltimer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stopwatch.timer.app

Here's a review after testing the next 15 for a few minutes each.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.cwiesner.android.visualtimer
A four minute timer can be visually set, named, and saved.
Once set up tapping once on the app does NOT run the timer.
Tapping a second time (on the play button) starts the timer.
I didn't see any good way to make it go away when it was done alarming.
You have to multiclick even more just to stop the alarm & make the app go away.
(a notification pops up but you still have to multi-click just to stop it)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id�.dysko.mct
A four minute timer can be manually set but not saved.
If you use it for no other timer though, it's what comes up when you start it.
When you start it, it brings up a self promotion (an ad) even as it's
billed as not having ads (which turns out to be, in effect, a lie).
You have to press once to turn it on, then rotate the phone,
then press again to get rid of the self promotion, and then long press
to start the countdown, and then you have to go through multi-clicks
to get it to go away.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bostbi.dev.countdown
A four minute timer can be manuall set but not saved but it will remember.
You have to press once to turn it on and then again to start the timer.
When done you have to multi-click to get rid of it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brunnock.bigtimer
A four minute timer can be manuall set but not saved but it will remember.
You have to press once to start the app and again to start the timer.
The alarm is ridiculous (you have to try it to see what it does).
It's multiclick to stop the alarm and make the app go away.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.compound.timer
Blocked by Play Protect: This app may be harmful.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.derrick.simpletimer
There is no way to create a 4 minute timer. Only presets.
It stops the alarm but it's still multiclick to get rid of it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deslomator.complextimer
A four minute timer can be set, named, and saved.
Repetitions can be added and there are many other complex features.
Even after all that it requires too many button presses.
Tap once to start, tap again to select the 4 minute timer.
Tap again to start it. Multiclick to make it go away.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rakhunde.workout_timer
Blocked by Play Protect: This app may be harmful.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.runloop.seconds.free
Collects data "to improve the app" and is trialware even as it
says it only "offers in app purchases" (which essentially is a lie).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slydroid.watch
This is intended as a multi-interval timer for workouts.
It can play music while it's counting down.
And it saves a history to a calendar.
It easily set to 30 seconds and four minutes contiguously & saved.
Tap once to start the app.
Tap again to start the dual timer.
It will beep and talk to you at 30 seconds & then at 4 minutes.
It's only a single click to make the app go away.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.timer.tmr" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.timer.tmr
This is intended as a multi-interval timer for workouts.
Similar to com.slydroid.watch but much harder to set up.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id�v.codeplex.intervaly
This is intended as a multi-interval timer for workouts.
The minimum number of intervals isn't two but four for some reason.
You can't set 0 second intervals (they must be at least 1 second).
The two extra 1 second intervals aren't really a problem though.
You must multiclick to make it go away.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.gelin.android.countdown
A simple single-interval timer but you can't even save the settings.
Multiclick to make it go away.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mta.countdown
Can start a timer based on the time of day you need to meet.
Otherwise it's a simple timer that has easy to set times.
Sometimes it remembers the last timer setting. Sometimes it doesn't.
You have to press a button to stop the alarm.
Single click to make it go away.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=omegacentauri.mobi.simplestopwatch
It only counts up. It doesn't count down.

None were what I want which is why I was asking here since I assume
there must be many people who make French Press coffee at home.

Probably com.slydroid.watch came closest in a two interval timer.
Second best was com.deslomator.complextimer for a two interval timer.
Both were easy to set up but complextimer was more steps to make go away.

Probably com.bostbi.dev.countdown came closest in a one interval timer.
Second best was at.cwiesner.android.visualtimer in a one interval timer.
Both were easy to set up but visualtimer was more steps to make go away.

Re: coffee timer

<teoobg9746qjhl05pmc5gk4q4s166etqoi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16420&group=comp.mobile.android#16420

From: Daede...@whereamIinvalid.com (Black Iccy)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2021 15:55:59 +1000
 by: Black Iccy - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 05:55 UTC

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 21:08:44 -0400, knuttle <keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>A French Press coffee timer needs 1/2 minute and then 3-1/2 minutes.
>What timer do you know of that can do that as easily as one tap?
>
>Notice it's not 4 minutes but 1/2 minute and then 3-1/2 more minutes.
>Any coffee timers you know of out there on Google Play that do that?

Oooh. I know.
What if you put two mp3 songs into a folder that gets played by
some app or whathaveyou. It needs a tap to set off the second track.

Edit the first to be 30 seconds (30 sec of Kyle Minogue should be endurable)
Edit the second to be 210 seconds (Allegri Miserere or Def leopard or ...)

Re: coffee timer

<0psuoh-tab.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16422&group=comp.mobile.android#16422

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 14:48:00 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 12:48 UTC

On 06/06/2021 07.55, Black Iccy wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 21:08:44 -0400, knuttle <keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> A French Press coffee timer needs 1/2 minute and then 3-1/2 minutes.
>> What timer do you know of that can do that as easily as one tap?
>>
>> Notice it's not 4 minutes but 1/2 minute and then 3-1/2 more minutes.
>> Any coffee timers you know of out there on Google Play that do that?
>

> Oooh. I know.
> What if you put two mp3 songs into a folder that gets played by
> some app or whathaveyou. It needs a tap to set off the second track.
>
> Edit the first to be 30 seconds (30 sec of Kyle Minogue should be endurable)
> Edit the second to be 210 seconds (Allegri Miserere or Def leopard or ...)

For that matter, create a sound track on the computer that just has the
beeps at zero, 30" and 4'. Then just play the track on the phone.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: coffee timer

<s9ii3q$gb6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16423&group=comp.mobile.android#16423

From: keith_nu...@sbcglobal.net (knuttle)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 09:21:02 -0400
 by: knuttle - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 13:21 UTC

On 6/5/2021 11:02 PM, John McGaw wrote:
> On 6/5/2021 4:44 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> snip...
>>
>> I remember when I tried mine with voice commands, every time I told google
>> to time me two minutes and a half or whatever, it would _add_ a new timer.
>> After a dozen tests, I had a dozen new timers that I had to tap each to
>> delete. Same thing with the alarms.
>>

> I never thought of any options. I've got a precision timer in my microwave
> and that is what I use for coffee but there are two timers on the range.
> Actually, I should try to use my Echo Dot at least once for timing coffee.
> It is sitting right there on the knee wall which divides the kitchen
> peninsula from the family room and I know that Alexa handles other sorts of
> timing and reminders and alarms quite gracefully. If my mind is still
> functioning tomorrow AM I may give her a try.

What I need is simple. One tap. Then put it in my pocket.

Tap the timer, leave the kitchen, and do other things around the house.
Until it beeps (it closes itself when it's done).

There shouldn't need be any user interaction other than that first tap.

Re: coffee timer

<oo5vI.119507$Sx7.114990@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16425&group=comp.mobile.android#16425

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
From: Nob...@Nowh.ere (John McGaw)
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 10:58:26 -0400
 by: John McGaw - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 14:58 UTC

On 6/6/2021 9:21 AM, knuttle wrote:
> On 6/5/2021 11:02 PM, John McGaw wrote:
>> On 6/5/2021 4:44 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
>> snip...
>>>
>>> I remember when I tried mine with voice commands, every time I told
>>> google to time me two minutes and a half or whatever, it would _add_ a
>>> new timer. After a dozen tests, I had a dozen new timers that I had to
>>> tap each to delete. Same thing with the alarms.
>>>

>> I never thought of any options. I've got a precision timer in my
>> microwave and that is what I use for coffee but there are two timers on
>> the range. Actually, I should try to use my Echo Dot at least once for
>> timing coffee. It is sitting right there on the knee wall which divides
>> the kitchen peninsula from the family room and I know that Alexa handles
>> other sorts of timing and reminders and alarms quite gracefully. If my
>> mind is still functioning tomorrow AM I may give her a try.
>
> What I need is simple. One tap. Then put it in my pocket.
>
> Tap the timer, leave the kitchen, and do other things around the house.
> Until it beeps (it closes itself when it's done).
>
> There shouldn't need be any user interaction other than that first tap.

I'm still misunderstanding I guess. You want to start a timer, leave the
room and "do other things around the house" and run back when 30 seconds
are up to stir? And then return 4 minutes later to plunge? If I start the
standard Android clock's timer which is set for 4:30 with a "single tap" I
can certainly patiently wait out the 30 seconds before I stir and go
elsewhere. Of course if I go too far in the house, and my house isn't all
that large, when the timer sounds off at the end I might be at least 30
seconds away from getting back to the coffee. BTW, if I do set the standard
timer for 4:30 it will stay set to that the next time I tap it to start the
next time. But, to each his own. Good luck with the search.

It might be time to take up hardware "making". Such a timer would be a
cinch to make using one of the available tiny system boards such as Arduino
and with one of those you could implement control by a wave of the hand,
not even a tap required.

--
Bodger's Dictum: Artifical intelligence
can never overcome natural stupidity.

Re: coffee timer

<s9iq4o$69v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16428&group=comp.mobile.android#16428

From: keith_nu...@sbcglobal.net (knuttle)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 11:38:04 -0400
 by: knuttle - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:38 UTC

On 6/6/2021 9:58 AM, John McGaw wrote:
> I'm still misunderstanding I guess. You want to start a timer, leave the
> room and "do other things around the house" and run back when 30 seconds
> are up to stir? And then return 4 minutes later to plunge? If I start the
> standard Android clock's timer which is set for 4:30 with a "single tap" I
> can certainly patiently wait out the 30 seconds before I stir and go
> elsewhere. Of course if I go too far in the house, and my house isn't all
> that large, when the timer sounds off at the end I might be at least 30
> seconds away from getting back to the coffee. BTW, if I do set the standard
> timer for 4:30 it will stay set to that the next time I tap it to start the
> next time. But, to each his own. Good luck with the search.
>
> It might be time to take up hardware "making". Such a timer would be a
> cinch to make using one of the available tiny system boards such as Arduino
> and with one of those you could implement control by a wave of the hand,
> not even a tap required.

It's really nothing more than a timer that can beep at 3 set intervals.
A French Press timer should be designed to be audible & to start at one tap
and then to go away on its own after the third beep (while in my pocket).

In the settings I initially would set the timer for 4 minutes & 3 beeps.
It beeps @1/2 minute & again @3-1/2 minutes & finally @4 minutes.

I heat up the water & just before the steeping is poured I tap the app once
& put the phone in my pocket (maybe I get out the cream & sugar if I like
but I only have 30 seconds so I likely just sit there & stare at the pot).

But I don't have to 'watch the clock' as the phone stays in the pocket &
beeps at 30 seconds which tells me to pour the rest of the water & cap it.

Now I can walk away from the kitchen, or do dishes, or get the laundry, or
check the mail, or make some toast or whatever until my pocket beeps again
at the 3-1/2 minute mark (which tells me to head back into the kitchen if I
ever left it - I might not have left the kitchen but I'm not watching the
clock tick down which is what the app is supposed to do for me).

When that last beep is heard, I plunge the French Press, pour, and drink.

Re: coffee timer

<s9j40q$de8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16429&group=comp.mobile.android#16429

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 11:26:33 -0700
 by: sms - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 18:26 UTC

On 6/3/2021 6:08 PM, knuttle wrote:
> A French Press coffee timer needs 1/2 minute and then 3-1/2 minutes.
> What timer do you know of that can do that as easily as one tap?
>
> Notice it's not 4 minutes but 1/2 minute and then 3-1/2 more minutes.
> Any coffee timers you know of out there on Google Play that do that?

This is how timer4tm would look:
<https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q8vb6Q1FNnTZiDgY7>. I entered 0:30, 3:30, and
4:00. 3:30 is to give you 30 seconds to get ready to go to back to the
French press.

It would do exactly what you want. But you'd have to re-enter the times
each time you open the app.

<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.validconcept.Timer4TM>

There might be a similar app that allows you to save custom times, there
are a lot of such timer apps for Toastmasters that let you set multiple
times with signals (audible and visible) at different stages of the same
speech.

Re: coffee timer

<tO8vI.25369$N%.22374@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16431&group=comp.mobile.android#16431

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
From: Nob...@Nowh.ere (John McGaw)
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 14:51:03 -0400
 by: John McGaw - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 18:51 UTC

On 6/6/2021 11:38 AM, knuttle wrote:
> On 6/6/2021 9:58 AM, John McGaw wrote:
>> I'm still misunderstanding I guess. You want to start a timer, leave the
>> room and "do other things around the house" and run back when 30 seconds
>> are up to stir? And then return 4 minutes later to plunge? If I start the
>> standard Android clock's timer which is set for 4:30 with a "single tap"
>> I can certainly patiently wait out the 30 seconds before I stir and go
>> elsewhere. Of course if I go too far in the house, and my house isn't all
>> that large, when the timer sounds off at the end I might be at least 30
>> seconds away from getting back to the coffee. BTW, if I do set the
>> standard timer for 4:30 it will stay set to that the next time I tap it
>> to start the next time. But, to each his own. Good luck with the search.
>>
>> It might be time to take up hardware "making". Such a timer would be a
>> cinch to make using one of the available tiny system boards such as
>> Arduino and with one of those you could implement control by a wave of
>> the hand, not even a tap required.
>
> It's really nothing more than a timer that can beep at 3 set intervals.
> A French Press timer should be designed to be audible & to start at one tap
> and then to go away on its own after the third beep (while in my pocket).
>
> In the settings I initially would set the timer for 4 minutes & 3 beeps.
> It beeps @1/2 minute & again @3-1/2 minutes & finally @4 minutes.
>
> I heat up the water & just before the steeping is poured I tap the app once
> & put the phone in my pocket (maybe I get out the cream & sugar if I like
> but I only have 30 seconds so I likely just sit there & stare at the pot).
>
> But I don't have to 'watch the clock' as the phone stays in the pocket &
> beeps at 30 seconds which tells me to pour the rest of the water & cap it.
>
> Now I can walk away from the kitchen, or do dishes, or get the laundry, or
> check the mail, or make some toast or whatever until my pocket beeps again
> at the 3-1/2 minute mark (which tells me to head back into the kitchen if I
> ever left it - I might not have left the kitchen but I'm not watching the
> clock tick down which is what the app is supposed to do for me).
>
> When that last beep is heard, I plunge the French Press, pour, and drink.

Like I wrote before. Good luck with the hunt. I guess I'll keep using my
microwave's timer to keep it simple -- after 20+ years of doing it this way
thought is no longer required. It has gotten to where I can leave the
kitchen and walk back when there are 15-30 seconds left on the timer
without watching anything -- same way that, no matter what, I usually wake
up at 6:00AM and no alarm required.

--
Bodger's Dictum: Artifical intelligence
can never overcome natural stupidity.

Re: coffee timer

<i1mvoh-j7q.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16432&group=comp.mobile.android#16432

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 21:59:14 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 19:59 UTC

On 06/06/2021 17.38, knuttle wrote:
> On 6/6/2021 9:58 AM, John McGaw wrote:

> It's really nothing more than a timer that can beep at 3 set intervals.
> A French Press timer should be designed to be audible & to start at one tap
> and then to go away on its own after the third beep (while in my pocket).
>
> In the settings I initially would set the timer for 4 minutes & 3 beeps.
> It beeps @1/2 minute & again @3-1/2 minutes & finally @4 minutes.
>
> I heat up the water & just before the steeping is poured I tap the app once
> & put the phone in my pocket (maybe I get out the cream & sugar if I like
> but I only have 30 seconds so I likely just sit there & stare at the pot).
>
> But I don't have to 'watch the clock' as the phone stays in the pocket &
> beeps at 30 seconds which tells me to pour the rest of the water & cap it.
>
> Now I can walk away from the kitchen, or do dishes, or get the laundry, or
> check the mail, or make some toast or whatever until my pocket beeps again
> at the 3-1/2 minute mark (which tells me to head back into the kitchen if I
> ever left it - I might not have left the kitchen but I'm not watching the
> clock tick down which is what the app is supposed to do for me).
>
> When that last beep is heard, I plunge the French Press, pour, and drink.

Apparently it does exist, ready made in hardware.

<https://www.amazon.es/Final-Touch-French-4-Minute-Coffee/dp/B002WY5DYU>
<https://barproducts.com/products/french-press-coffee-timer-4-minute-timer>

Doesn't seem to beep at 30", though.

<https://www.amazon.com/French-Press-Express-Manual-Coffee/dp/B01JMYH8FE>

No 30" either, and not accurate, say the comments.

<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=benji.app.frenchpresstimer&hl=en_US&gl=US>

This one does have 30" and 4' counts. Seems to be just the thing you asked.

<https://www.ebay.com/itm/324407481162>

Three sand clocks, so no beeps.

<https://www.chefn.com/products/switchit-french-press-stirrer-timer>

no 30" beep.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: coffee timer

<s9ja5g$o5f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16433&group=comp.mobile.android#16433

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 13:11:26 -0700
 by: sms - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 20:11 UTC

On 6/6/2021 11:51 AM, John McGaw wrote:

<snip>

> Like I wrote before. Good luck with the hunt.

Another app that will do what he wants is this one:
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hg.SpeechTimer>

He can set three times and set sound and/or vibration at the times. It
saves the custom setting when you exit the app so when he reopens it
it's still set to the last timer settings. He only has to press the
start button.

He can create a custom label for the custom times.

Here it is with a custom label for "French Press Coffee":
<https://photos.app.goo.gl/VC5tnnJPctSwGB736>.

There are other applications for this sort of timer as well. I.e. to
make hard boiled eggs, x minutes for the water with the eggs in it to
boil, y minutes for the eggs to sit in the pot with the hot water with
the stove off, z minutes for the eggs to sit in cold water.

Re: coffee timer

<s9jv4i$e6k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16435&group=comp.mobile.android#16435

From: keith_nu...@sbcglobal.net (knuttle)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 22:09:26 -0400
References: <s9bueq$d7h$1@dont-email.me> <71suI.488892$J_5.348779@fx46.iad> <ihv0vaFnisgU1@mid.individual.net> <s9dl8r$ptc$1@dont-email.me> <dLvuI.17950$jf1.2247@fx37.iad> <f1xuI.10836$hm1.1917@fx11.iad> <g3qroh-5jv.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <M8VuI.63216$8O4.39348@fx16.iad> <s9ii3q$gb6$1@dont-email.me> <oo5vI.119507$Sx7.114990@fx18.iad> <s9iq4o$69v$1@dont-email.me> <tO8vI.25369$N%.22374@fx05.iad> <s9ja5g$o5f$1@dont-email.me>
 by: knuttle - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 02:09 UTC

On 6/6/2021 9:11 PM, sms wrote:
> Another app that will do what he wants is this one:
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hg.SpeechTimer>
>
> He can set three times and set sound and/or vibration at the times. It
> saves the custom setting when you exit the app so when he reopens it
> it's still set to the last timer settings. He only has to press the
> start button.

That suggestion works well.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hg.SpeechTimer

I first set "Table Topics" Green to 0:30, yellow to 3:00 & red to 0:30.
It said "Inconsistent times" so I switched it as you showed in your photo.
Green @ 0:30, yellow @ 3:30, and red @ 4:00

But it forgot it because I didn't know how to change it by going into the
settings (and not by changing the numbers you see) so I changed it to
"Custom 4 Speech" instead and changed it in the settings (there is no save
button).

I set "Sound will play on color change" and it kicked once at 30, twice at
3:30, and it kicked 3 times at 4:00. The only problem it requires multiple
commands to get rid of it after that.

I added a "Will vibrate on color change" which does nothing unless you
change the "Vibrate duration" (which I changed to 2 seconds) but even that
barely vibrated (maybe that's in my phone settings though).

I also set "Voice confirmation will be given" but there wasn't any given.
(I saw something about that on the Google Play page.)

It's good except it won't go away when it's done until you hit a few things.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: coffee timer