rocksolid / rocksolid.nodes.help / Re: None

SubjectAuthor
* social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Anonymous
+* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
|`- Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
+* done, fixed it.Anonymous
|`- Re: done, fixed it.AnonUser
+* wtf ?Anonymous
|`- Re: wtf ?Retro Guy
+* NoneAnonymous
|+- Re: NoneRetro Guy
|`* Re: Noneanon
| `* Re: Noneanonymous
|  `* Re: Noneanonymous
|   +* Re: Noneanon
|   |+- Re: NoneRetro Guy
|   |`- Re: NoneRetro Guy
|   `* Re: NoneRetro Guy
|    `* Re: Noneanon
|     `- Re: NoneRetro Guy
+- another thoughtAnonymous
+- >I'm seeing all sorts of strange shit from def2.Anonymous
+* ok than, i will switch backAnonymous
|+- Re: ok than, i will switch backanon
|`- Re: ok than, i will switch backRetro Guy
+* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anon
|`* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
| +* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anon
| |`* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anonymous
| | `- Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anonymous
| `* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
|  `* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
|   `- Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anonymous
+- there are other issuesAnonymous
`* x referencesAnonymous
 `- Re: x referencesRetro Guy

Subject: Re: None
From: Retro Guy@example.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 11:39 UTC
Anonymous wrote:

If it happens again, I'd like to see if it happens if we disable any scripts calling functions in rslight that are external to rslight.

I can shut that off, now problem. than i just have to switch def2.i2p back to rslight.

That would be a good test. If rslight works ok without vichan calling any functions, I can write a separate script to handle providing vichan what it needs, hopefully from just a nntp/spoolnews setup, and separate completely from rslight.

If it keeps happening (the issues), then I have to address that.

I saw your Debian version post, and I am running rslight.i2p on the same version. retrobbs.i2p and rslight.i2p both run on Debian 9. The test site runs Debian 10.

I guess the next step is to see if calling rslight function causes the issues, then to go from there.

Thanks for all the testing ! :)

Posted on: rslight Debian test site
192.168.0.220

Subject: ok than, i will switch back
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 11:57 UTC
now. for the vichan import to run independently, all that's needed is a little script that does what message_read does, just without the dependencies.
if you have the time, you can do something. otherwise, i would try to build something from the newsportal code, can't be too hard.

Posted on def2.i2p

Subject: Re: ok than, i will switch back
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 13:21 UTC

and removed all index files again with that little script of yours.

Posted on def4

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 12:03 UTC
Anonymous wrote:

now. for the vichan import to run independently, all that's needed is a little script that does what message_read does, just without the dependencies.
if you have the time, you can do something. otherwise, i would try to build something from the newsportal code, can't be too hard.

Sounds good. Let's see if rslight runs properly without vichan. If not, we have other problems. If it runs ok, then we write the script. I agree, it shouldn't be too hard.

www.novabbs.com

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 14:57 UTC

so far so good, bot groups display normally. i was reviewing the rslight code a bit, starting with the includes from my import script:
include "config.inc.php";
include "$file_newsportal";
include "/lib/message.inc.php";
it is complex for me to understand, partly due to the includes in the include files. and somewhere in these files there must be happening something that rslight (according to one theory). guess i will just pour all of these in one big file in order to understand all the code.

From: anonymous@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 15:36 UTC
I think we can assume now with some probability that vichan interfered in some way with rslight: both groups are still fully functional, normally they were broken after latest 10 min.
Checking all the scripts I included in my import script, I could still not figure out where this interference might come from. Concretely, I checked:
rocksolid/lib/message.inc.php
rocksolid/lib/check.php
rocksolid/config.inc.php
/config.inc.php
/etc/rslight/rslight.inc.php (included twice by different scripts)
/etc/rslight/rocksolid.inc.php
None of these files seem to actually do something, other than defining variables and doing some checks, or supplying functions.
Could it be that there is nothing wrong with the code as such, but different processes competing on some resource, resulting in garbled up results ?
Or inside the functions there is some change of the index files that rslight uses.
Anyway, with the current status it seems that you can either run vichan (using the news server part of rslight), or you run rslight (the surface), but they can't go together.

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

From: anonymous@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 19:03 UTC
i think i can write something more simple, communicating directly with the news server, based on this lib here:

https://github.com/kekskurse/phpNNTP

Seems really really simple and i save myself the time to go through all the newsportal includes.

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 23:43 UTC

yes, that works really nicely (i just did a couple of testruns on my local rslight server and also on your inn2). also i rewrote most of the moronic parts of my old code.
so now i only talk with the news server like a regular client, and don't interfere with the webpart of rslight at all.
that should do it, huh ?
do you want to do more debugging ? than let me know. otherwise i will deploy this solution sometime in the coming days and switch def2.i2p to vichan again (i will probably enable it on the tor side as well after a while). although i still have to write something to handle attachments properly, so maybe will take a bit longer.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 22:32 UTC
anon wrote:

yes, that works really nicely (i just did a couple of testruns on my local rslight server and also on your inn2). also i rewrote most of the moronic parts of my old code.
so now i only talk with the news server like a regular client, and don't interfere with the webpart of rslight at all.
that should do it, huh ?

That sounds great, and it will be using the news server so it can be run independent of rslight.

I also see that the Organization: line and footer from def2 are working properly now. Seems like odd things to break, but they're fine in you posts today.

do you want to do more debugging ? than let me know. otherwise i will deploy this solution sometime in the coming days and switch def2.i2p to vichan again (i will probably enable it on the tor side as well after a while). although i still have to write something to handle attachments properly, so maybe will take a bit longer.

If you are talking to the nntp server, I don't believe it should cause any trouble. I have a newsreader connected to rslight.i2p news server here and use it all the time without problems.

www.novabbs.com

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 23:44 UTC
anon wrote:

although i still have to write something to handle attachments properly, so maybe will take a bit longer.

How does vichan send attachments now? Or do you mean to receive and display incoming attachments?

www.novabbs.com