If swimming is so good for your figure, how come whales look the way they do?

sport / rec.autos.sport.f1 / Re: Masi Out

SubjectAuthor
* Masi OutD Munz
+* Re: Masi OutD Munz
|+- Re: Masi OutNews
|`- Re: Masi OutEdmund
+* Re: Masi OutAlan
|`* Re: Masi OutBigbird
| `* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  +* Re: Masi OutBigbird
|  |`* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | +* Re: Masi OutBigbird
|  | |`* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | | +- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
|  | | `* Re: Masi OutBigbird
|  | |  `* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | |   `- Re: Masi OutBigbird
|  | +* Re: Masi Outgeoff
|  | |`* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | | +* Re: Masi Outalister
|  | | |`* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | | | +- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
|  | | | +* Re: Masi Outalister
|  | | | |`* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | | | | +- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
|  | | | | `* Re: Masi OutBigbird
|  | | | |  `* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | | | |   `- Re: Masi OutBigbird
|  | | | +* Re: Masi OutAlan LeHun
|  | | | |`* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | | | | `- Re: Masi OutBigbird
|  | | | `- Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | | +- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
|  | | +* Re: Masi Outgeoff
|  | | |+* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | | ||`- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
|  | | |`- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
|  | | `* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | |  `* Re: Masi Outalister
|  | |   `- Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | +* Re: Masi OutAlan LeHun
|  | |`* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | | +- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
|  | | `* Re: Masi OutAlan LeHun
|  | |  +* Re: Masi Outleonard hofstatder
|  | |  |`- Re: Masi OutAlan LeHun
|  | |  `- Re: Masi OutAlan
|  | `- Re: Masi OutAlan
|  +* Re: Masi Outgeoff
|  |+* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  ||+- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
|  ||`* Re: Masi Outgeoff
|  || `* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  ||  +* Re: Masi Outgeoff
|  ||  |`- Re: Masi OutAlan
|  ||  +- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
|  ||  `* Re: Masi OutBigbird
|  ||   `* Re: Masi OutAlan
|  ||    `- Re: Masi OutBigbird
|  |`- Re: Masi OutNews
|  `- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
+* Re: Masi Outgeoff
|`* Re: Masi OutAlan
| +- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
| +* Re: Masi Outgeoff
| |`* Re: Masi OutAlan
| | +- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
| | +* Re: Masi Outgeoff
| | |`* Re: Masi OutAlan
| | | +* Re: Masi Outgeoff
| | | `- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
| | `* Re: Masi OutAlan LeHun
| |  `* Re: Masi OutAlan
| |   `* Re: Masi OutAlan LeHun
| |    `* Re: Masi OutAlan
| |     +- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
| |     +- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
| |     `- Re: Masi OutAlan LeHun
| `* Re: Masi OutBigbird
|  `* Re: Masi OutAlan
|   `* Re: Masi OutBigbird
|    `* Re: Masi OutAlan
|     `* Re: Masi OutBigbird
|      `* Re: Masi OutAlan
|       `* Re: Masi OutBigbird
|        `* Re: Masi OutAlan
|         `* Re: Masi OutBigbird
|          `* Re: Masi OutAlan
|           +- Re: Masi Outtexas gate
|           `- Re: Masi OutBigbird
`* Re: Masi Outkeithr0

Pages:12345
Re: Masi Out

<sv6lfj$2oj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15835&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15835

From: shaun.at...@gmail.com (~misfit~)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Re: Masi Out
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 14:02:40 +1300
 by: ~misfit~ - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 01:02 UTC

On 23/02/2022 9:59 pm, Martin Harran wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 21:11:56 -0000 (UTC), "Bigbird"
> <bigbird.nospam.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Martin Harran wrote:

>>> Michael Masi out of the role of F1 Race Director. He says Masi will
>>> be offered another FIA role, but whether the Australian wants to
>>> accept whatever role is on offer remains to be seen. This is not a
>>> good precedent for the federation but obviously Ben Sulayem felt that
>>> a change would be a good thing." >> >> FWIW >> DLM
>>>
>>> How on earth does Masi being sacked mitigate Ham's annoyance at
>>> unfairly being deprived of a record WDC win?
>>
>> Not having the person who fucked him over in a position where he could
>> do it again at least acknowledges the wrongdoing and addresses the lack
>> of trust there would be in the culprit.
>
> I don't think Masi *fucked him over* in any deliberate sense; he made
> a bad decision in the heat of the moment which shows he isn't up to
> the job and was rightly removed from it.

Agreed. Herbie Bash said that a red flag should have been thrown (which was also my instinct as
soon as the safety car came out - I was "What??? No red flag?"). At that stage of that race a red
flag was really the only fair and equitable call - other than finishing under the SC which would
have, although consistent with the previous application of the rules, been an anticlimax.

Under a red the lapped cars would still have been unlapped but at least there would have been tyre
parity between Max and Lewis and a race for a few laps. It would have been a riveting end to a very
close season.
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

Re: Masi Out

<xn0nei0pwk50h81007@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15846&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15846

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 11:49:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 11:49 UTC

Alan wrote:

> On 2022-02-23 12:37 p.m., Bigbird wrote:
> > Alan wrote:

> > > Because it's obvious to anyone who actually learned and remembered
> > > everything that went on
> > > (including Masi's special instructions to the
> > > teams before the race that any safety car period near the end of
> > > the race would be ended as quickly as possible),
> >
> > Quote the part where he says "with total disregard for the
> > regulations or fairness"
>
> Why? It isn't relevant.

LOL. You have rarely said anything so stupid... and you say a lot of
stupid things.

> The fact that he told them that especially means something was up.

Don't be mealy mouthed. Elaborate, giving all the context you have.

> > > that Masi did not act
> > > solely of his own accord.
> > >

> > No, that is yet another falsehood.
> >
> > > He acted with the influence and pressure from those above, who
> > > above all did not want this season to end under a yellow flag.
> >
> > You have already admitted you have no evidence whatsoever to support
> > such a conspiracy theory.
>
> And you've admitted you have none to support your claim he acted on
> his own intiative only.

That is yet another falsehood. The entirety of everything that has been
published suggests he was solely responsible for his decisions.

> > > So don't act like you, who without any backing declares that this
> > > was solely Masi?
> >
> > "backing"?
>
> Are you unfamiliar with English?

I am unfamiliar with the way you attempt to use/abuse it.

> > WTF are you on about.
> >
> > ALL OF THE EVIDENCE suggests that Masi alone made the decisions to
> > ignore the regulations and do what he did.
>
> What EVIDENCE is that?

"ALL" available evidence.

Are you unfamiliar with English.

> The special briefing with the team is evidence that other factors
> were involved.

Why not remind us of exactly what the words and context of that
statement is with emphasis on the bit where he says he will disregard
the regulations and the teams all agree.

> What's YOUR evidence that Masi "alone" made the decision.

Everything of relevance that has been published.

Which is very different from the "NOTHING" that you admit you have.

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: Masi Out

<xn0nei0usk57lfk008@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15847&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15847

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 11:54:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 11:54 UTC

~misfit~ wrote:

> On 23/02/2022 9:59 pm, Martin Harran wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 21:11:56 -0000 (UTC), "Bigbird"
> ><bigbird.nospam.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Not having the person who fucked him over in a position where he
> > > could do it again at least acknowledges the wrongdoing and
> > > addresses the lack of trust there would be in the culprit.
> >
> > I don't think Masi *fucked him over* in any deliberate sense; he
> > made a bad decision in the heat of the moment which shows he isn't
> > up to the job and was rightly removed from it.
>
> Agreed. Herbie Bash said that a red flag should have been thrown
> (which was also my instinct as soon as the safety car came out - I
> was "What??? No red flag?"). At that stage of that race a red flag
> was really the only fair and equitable call - other than finishing
> under the SC which would have, although consistent with the previous
> application of the rules, been an anticlimax.
>
> Under a red the lapped cars would still have been unlapped but at
> least there would have been tyre parity between Max and Lewis and a
> race for a few laps. It would have been a riveting end to a very
> close season.

While appealing in hindsight it wasn't justified under the
regulations... and at that point Masi had not decided to ignore them.

At the time of the crash the predicted outcome would have been to get
the race underway, without ignoring any regulations, with a lap or two
to run.

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: Masi Out

<sv8fa6$r5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15854&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15854

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 09:29:42 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 17:29 UTC

On 2022-02-24 3:49 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> Quote the part where he says "with total disregard for the
>>> regulations or fairness"
>>
>> Why? It isn't relevant.
>>

> LOL. You have rarely said anything so stupid... and you say a lot of
> stupid things.
>
>> The fact that he told them that especially means something was up.
>>

> Don't be mealy mouthed. Elaborate, giving all the context you have.

>>> No, that is yet another falsehood.

>>> You have already admitted you have no evidence whatsoever to support
>>> such a conspiracy theory.
>>
>> And you've admitted you have none to support your claim he acted on
>> his own intiative only.
>>

> That is yet another falsehood. The entirety of everything that has been
> published suggests he was solely responsible for his decisions.

Ummmmm.... ...nope.

And we know there is information that HAS not been published.

>>> "backing"?
>>
>> Are you unfamiliar with English?
>
> I am unfamiliar with the way you attempt to use/abuse it.

You really didn't know what I meant by "backing" in this context?

>>> WTF are you on about.
>>>
>>> ALL OF THE EVIDENCE suggests that Masi alone made the decisions to
>>> ignore the regulations and do what he did.
>>
>> What EVIDENCE is that?
>>

> "ALL" available evidence.

OK. Give an example.

> Are you unfamiliar with English.
>
>> The special briefing with the team is evidence that other factors
>> were involved.
>>

> Why not remind us of exactly what the words and context of that
> statement is with emphasis on the bit where he says he will disregard
> the regulations and the teams all agree.

It isn't necessary.

Do you acknowledge that such a discussion took place?

Yes or no.

>> What's YOUR evidence that Masi "alone" made the decision.
>
> Everything of relevance that has been published.

Give an example.

> Which is very different from the "NOTHING" that you admit you have.

Re: Masi Out

<xn0neibclkje570002@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15862&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15862

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 18:31:42 -0000 (UTC)
References: <cfc56b83-36d2-4731-9992-0754697eb6e6n@googlegroups.com> <xeKdnWoFpoghMJP_nZ2dnUU7-XfNnZ2d@giganews.com> <sumbu2$c79$2@dont-email.me> <xn0ne9iabbga2vx003@news.eternal-september.org> <sv3knu$mkt$7@dont-email.me> <xn0negmsniqd0kl006@news.eternal-september.org> <sv5vid$qn1$1@dont-email.me> <xn0neh02tj8fnkg001@news.eternal-september.org> <sv699o$b7s$2@dont-email.me> <xn0nei0pwk50h81007@news.eternal-september.org> <sv8fa6$r5$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Bigbird - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 18:31 UTC

Alan wrote:

> On 2022-02-24 3:49 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> > Alan wrote:

> > > Why? It isn't relevant.
> > >

> > LOL. You have rarely said anything so stupid... and you say a lot of
> > stupid things.
> >
> > > The fact that he told them that especially means something was up.
> > >

> > Don't be mealy mouthed. Elaborate, giving all the context you have.

> > > And you've admitted you have none to support your claim he acted
> > > on his own intiative only.
> > >

> > That is yet another falsehood. The entirety of everything that has
> > been published suggests he was solely responsible for his decisions.
>
> Ummmmm.... ...nope.

LIAR. You have admitted you have no evidence to the contrary.

> And we know there is information that HAS not been published.

Sure, maybe it says you are an ignorant cunt. You certainly can't prove
otherwise.

> > > Are you unfamiliar with English?
> >
> > I am unfamiliar with the way you attempt to use/abuse it.
>
> You really didn't know what I meant by "backing" in this context?

No. For someone who has previously demonstrated a hypocritical pedantry
it makes no sense whatsoever.

Would you like to elaborate?

> > > What EVIDENCE is that?
> > >

> > "ALL" available evidence.
>
> OK. Give an example.

Every single article that discussed the decisions taken in Abu Dhabi.

https://www.google.com/search?q=masis+abu+dhabi+decisions

A good few hundred here I would think.

Do you have a single one to the contrary?

You have certainly FAILED to declare even one in the last few months.

> > Are you unfamiliar with English.
> >
> > > The special briefing with the team is evidence that other factors
> > > were involved.
> > >

> > Why not remind us of exactly what the words and context of that
> > statement is with emphasis on the bit where he says he will
> > disregard the regulations and the teams all agree.
>
> It isn't necessary.

Not if you admit you really don't know what was said except in the
loosest terms that do not support your assertions in the slightest.

> Do you acknowledge that such a discussion took place?
>
> Yes or no.

No, Clearly no discussion that would support your claim that Masi was
given the authority to ignore the regulations.

Why not remind us of exactly what the words and context of that
statement is with emphasis on the bit where he says he will
disregard the regulations and the teams all agree

Do you admit you cannot do that (because you are dishonest and are
attempting to misrepresent an undocumented discussion)?

YES or NO.

> > > What's YOUR evidence that Masi "alone" made the decision.
> >
> > Everything of relevance that has been published.
>
> Give an example.

See above.

> > Which is very different from the "NOTHING" that you admit you have.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: Masi Out

<sv8jja$3dc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15864&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15864

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 10:42:48 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 18:42 UTC

On 2022-02-24 10:31 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> LOL. You have rarely said anything so stupid... and you say a lot of
>>> stupid things.

>>> Don't be mealy mouthed. Elaborate, giving all the context you have.

>>> That is yet another falsehood. The entirety of everything that has
>>> been published suggests he was solely responsible for his decisions.
>>
>> Ummmmm.... ...nope.
>>

> LIAR. You have admitted you have no evidence to the contrary.

You've presented no evidence he acted solely on his own.

None.

>> And we know there is information that HAS not been published.
>>

> Sure, maybe it says you are an ignorant cunt. You certainly can't prove
> otherwise.

Do you acknowledge that the FIA held an inquiry and then declined to
make the findings of that inquiry available?

Yes or no.

>>> I am unfamiliar with the way you attempt to use/abuse it.
>>
>> You really didn't know what I meant by "backing" in this context?
>>

> No. For someone who has previously demonstrated a hypocritical pedantry
> it makes no sense whatsoever.
>
> Would you like to elaborate?

"backing": a colloquialism for "support" in the sense of "support for a
position held".

>>> "ALL" available evidence.
>>
>> OK. Give an example.
>>

> Every single article that discussed the decisions taken in Abu Dhabi.

Sorry. Saying "every single article" is a cop-out.

> https://www.google.com/search?q=masis+abu+dhabi+decisions
>
> A good few hundred here I would think.
>
> Do you have a single one to the contrary?
>
> You have certainly FAILED to declare even one in the last few months.

You've yet to present one that supports your position.

And I've declared the acknowledged-to-be-unusual-at-the-time
announcement by Masi before the race that any safety car period towards
the end of that race would be ended as quickly as possible.

Do you acknowledge that that was told to the teams prior to the race?

Yes or no.

>>> Are you unfamiliar with English.

>>> Why not remind us of exactly what the words and context of that
>>> statement is with emphasis on the bit where he says he will
>>> disregard the regulations and the teams all agree.
>>
>> It isn't necessary.
>>

> Not if you admit you really don't know what was said except in the
> loosest terms that do not support your assertions in the slightest.
>
>> Do you acknowledge that such a discussion took place?
>>
>> Yes or no.
>>

> No, Clearly no discussion that would support your claim that Masi was
> given the authority to ignore the regulations.

I'm not asking whether you agree it supports my claim.

I'm asking if you acknowledge that in an unusual move, Masi informed the
teams especially for the final GP that any safety car period near the
end of the race would be ended as quickly as possible.

Do you acknowledge that that statement was made to the teams?

Yes or no.

> Why not remind us of exactly what the words and context of that
> statement is with emphasis on the bit where he says he will
> disregard the regulations and the teams all agree
>
> Do you admit you cannot do that (because you are dishonest and are
> attempting to misrepresent an undocumented discussion)?
>
> YES or NO.

Until you honestly answer my question, I will defer answering yours.

>>> Everything of relevance that has been published.
>>
>> Give an example.
>>

> See above.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Masi Out

<4c48bb85-2128-49ee-8c8d-d4d447e90ff2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15871&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15871

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 11:44:12 -0800 (PST)
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 19:44 UTC

On Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 11:42:53 AM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

> Got it.

you aint got fuck all
except a girly street car
you fucking pussy

Re: Masi Out

<xn0neidd7km6282002@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15872&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15872

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 19:49:23 -0000 (UTC)
References: <cfc56b83-36d2-4731-9992-0754697eb6e6n@googlegroups.com> <xeKdnWoFpoghMJP_nZ2dnUU7-XfNnZ2d@giganews.com> <sumbu2$c79$2@dont-email.me> <xn0ne9iabbga2vx003@news.eternal-september.org> <sv3knu$mkt$7@dont-email.me> <xn0negmsniqd0kl006@news.eternal-september.org> <sv5vid$qn1$1@dont-email.me> <xn0neh02tj8fnkg001@news.eternal-september.org> <sv699o$b7s$2@dont-email.me> <xn0nei0pwk50h81007@news.eternal-september.org> <sv8fa6$r5$1@dont-email.me> <xn0neibclkje570002@news.eternal-september.org> <sv8jja$3dc$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Bigbird - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 19:49 UTC

Alan wrote:

> On 2022-02-24 10:31 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> > Alan wrote:

> > > Ummmmm.... ...nope.
> > >

> > LIAR. You have admitted you have no evidence to the contrary.
>
> You've presented no evidence he acted solely on his own.
>
> None.
>

> > > And we know there is information that HAS not been published.
> > >

> > Sure, maybe it says you are an ignorant cunt. You certainly can't
> > prove otherwise.
>
> Do you acknowledge that the FIA held an inquiry and then declined to
> make the findings of that inquiry available?
>
> Yes or no.

> > > You really didn't know what I meant by "backing" in this context?
> > >

> > No. For someone who has previously demonstrated a hypocritical
> > pedantry it makes no sense whatsoever.
> >
> > Would you like to elaborate?
>
> "backing": a colloquialism for "support" in the sense of "support for
> a position held".

> > > OK. Give an example.
> > >

> > Every single article that discussed the decisions taken in Abu
> > Dhabi.
>
> Sorry. Saying "every single article" is a cop-out.

No it's not. I have provided hundreds of examples.

You exactly NONE.

> > https://www.google.com/search?q=masis+abu+dhabi+decisions
> >
> > A good few hundred here I would think.
> >
> > Do you have a single one to the contrary?
> >
> > You have certainly FAILED to declare even one in the last few
> > months.
>
> You've yet to present one that supports your position.

LIAR.