The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR BUFFERS!!!

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Tesla Syndrome

SubjectAuthor
* Tesla SyndromeJohn Larkin
+* Re: Tesla SyndromeRicky
|`* Re: Tesla SyndromeFlyguy
| `* Re: Tesla SyndromeJohn Larkin
|  `* Re: Tesla SyndromeJoerg
|   `- Re: Tesla SyndromeJohn Larkin
+* Re: Tesla SyndromeJan Panteltje
|+- Re: Tesla SyndromeRicky
|`* Re: Tesla SyndromeJohn Larkin
| +* Re: Tesla SyndromeAnthony William Sloman
| |`* Re: Tesla SyndromeFlyguy
| | +- Re: Tesla SyndromeJohn Larkin
| | +* Re: Tesla SyndromeFred Bloggs
| | |`* Re: Tesla SyndromeJohn Larkin
| | | `* Re: Tesla SyndromeFred Bloggs
| | |  `* Re: Tesla SyndromeJohn Larkin
| | |   `* Re: Tesla SyndromeJohn Larkin
| | |    `* Re: Tesla SyndromeFlyguy
| | |     `* Re: Tesla SyndromeJohn Larkin
| | |      `- Re: Tesla SyndromeFlyguy
| | `* Re: Tesla SyndromeAnthony William Sloman
| |  `* Re: Tesla SyndromeFlyguy
| |   `* Re: Tesla SyndromeAnthony William Sloman
| |    `* Re: Tesla SyndromeFlyguy
| |     `* Re: Tesla SyndromeAnthony William Sloman
| |      `* Re: Tesla SyndromeFlyguy
| |       `* Re: Tesla SyndromeAnthony William Sloman
| |        `* Re: Tesla SyndromeFlyguy
| |         `- Re: Tesla SyndromeAnthony William Sloman
| +- Re: Tesla SyndromeJan Panteltje
| `- Re: Tesla SyndromeJoerg
+* Re: Tesla SyndromeJohn Robertson
|`* Re: Tesla SyndromeDon Y
| +- Re: Tesla SyndromeJohn Larkin
| +* Re: Tesla Syndromeke...@kjwdesigns.com
| |`* Re: Tesla SyndromeDon Y
| | `- Re: Tesla SyndromeDon Y
| `- Re: Tesla SyndromeRicky
+- Re: Tesla SyndromeFred Bloggs
`* Re: Tesla SyndromeSylvia Else
 +- Re: Tesla SyndromeDon Y
 +* Re: Tesla SyndromeRicky
 |`* Re: Tesla SyndromeSylvia Else
 | `* Re: Tesla SyndromeRicky
 |  `* Re: Tesla SyndromeSylvia Else
 |   `- Re: Tesla SyndromeRicky
 `* Re: Tesla SyndromeFred Bloggs
  +* Re: Tesla SyndromeSylvia Else
  |+* Re: Tesla SyndromeDon Y
  ||`* Re: Tesla SyndromeSylvia Else
  || `* Re: Tesla SyndromeDon Y
  ||  `* Re: Tesla SyndromeSylvia Else
  ||   `- Re: Tesla SyndromeDon Y
  |`* Re: Tesla SyndromeFred Bloggs
  | `- Re: Tesla SyndromeSylvia Else
  `* Re: Tesla SyndromeJohn Larkin
   `* Re: Tesla SyndromeFred Bloggs
    `* Re: Tesla SyndromeRicky
     `* Re: Tesla SyndromeLasse Langwadt Christensen
      `* Re: Tesla Syndromeke...@kjwdesigns.com
       +- Re: Tesla SyndromeDon Y
       `- Re: Tesla SyndromeLasse Langwadt Christensen

Pages:123
Re: Tesla Syndrome

<uc6mh6$3b2oc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=127447&group=sci.electronics.design#127447

From: blockedo...@foo.invalid (Don Y)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Tesla Syndrome
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 21:32:31 -0700
 by: Don Y - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 04:32 UTC

On 8/23/2023 8:54 PM, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 24-Aug-23 1:12 pm, Don Y wrote:

>>> When I started the engine, the radio was immediately on. It took me ten
>>> minutes to figure out how to silence it.
>>
>> No volume/power button near the controls?
>
> Not that I could find. Indeed, I wasn't able to find any radio controls at all,
> on the touch screen or otherwise. Eventually I found the volume controls on the
> touch screen and just muted it.

SWMBO's vehicle has a pushbutton-infinite-rotary-control that acts to
turn the sound system on/off and incrementally adjust volume (from
wherever it was last set for that driver). Until the sound system
is switched on, there is no evidence of it existing. (other than the
slot-loader for CDs)

But, it is the only physical control that *looks* like it would be related
to the sound system.

The steering wheel has dedicated controls that are labeled, as such.
But, you have to be accustomed to using them to remember that they
exist.

>> Cars designed for single owners don't fare well when shared
>> (as in a rental/fleet application).  The assumption is that
>> THE owner/operator will be next to use the vehicle and, so,
>> however it was left is likely how it will want to be seen,
>> next.
>>
>> [Imagine sharing a phone with someone]
>
> It expect these things are like the video recorders of old, where most owners
> never learn how to use most of the features.

Yes. SWMBO has no idea what most of the controls in her car
do -- and probably doesn't even realize there are "hidden"
screens full of "settings". (I created two 8x11 laminated
double-sided cheat-sheets that are stowed in the driver's seat
back to make these settings apparent -- I'm sure she doesn't even
know they are there!)

I'm that way with cell phones; I just want to *make* a call
(never receive). If I want to do any of those other things, I have
other tools for those needs!

Re: Tesla Syndrome

<feddde65-5186-42cf-8984-500b3552c412n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=127457&group=sci.electronics.design#127457

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 02:20:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: langw...@fonz.dk (Lasse Langwadt Christensen)
 by: Lasse Langwadt Chris - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 09:20 UTC

torsdag den 24. august 2023 kl. 02.55.29 UTC+2 skrev ke...@kjwdesigns.com:
> On Wednesday, 23 August 2023 at 13:54:47 UTC-7, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:
> > > You must drive a very, very old car. Mine has both in one pedal. I only need to use the brake pedal if it's an emergency stop. It's actually great, not having to move your foot between pedals. Sometimes, so that I don't need to use the brake pedal at a light, I'll put the car in cruise control and it stops for me. Then, when the light turns, I take it off and resume driving.
> > >
> > try noticing how the brake lights work ...
> The brake lights work just fine when using one-pedal driving.
>
> It is a Federal (and similar organizations in other countries) requirement that the brake lights operate whenever the vehicle has retardation of greater than about 0.15g whether by braking (where the normal switch on the brake pedal operates the lights) or where the braking is due to other means such as regeneration.
>
> All EVs are designed to operate this way although Consumer Reports reported that not all cars met the standard.

https://youtu.be/U0YW7x9U5TQ?si=DjR9jhvouAYGT6j8

Re: Tesla Syndrome

<9ee76691-4b5a-455d-a75d-6b982b47836dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=127463&group=sci.electronics.design#127463

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 04:15:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 11:15 UTC

On Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 3:33:50 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 7:47:31 AM UTC-7, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > Instant access to data sheets and app notes and parts pricing are great. We used to have a library with hundreds of data books. We filled a dumpster when we moved.
> >
> > In that case the content stayed pretty much the same, thought I did notice that TI data sheets got longer, and instead of leaving out embarrassing information they buried it on page 45 of a 55 page data sheet.
> >
> > > I kept a few classics.
> >
> > Reaching out and grabbing the book is faster than pulling the data off the web.
> Hey Bozo, when was the last time that you did that, a decade ago?

I've been posting here for more than twenty years, and being rude about legacy circuits does involved being rude about legacy data sheets.

> Besides, pulling out an out-of-date databook is worse than having nothing..

People are still selling parts as conforming to the uA741 specification. and legacy designers are still buying them. Sometimes you have to point out what is missing from those very old specifications.

> Most of the rest of us have highspeed internet - finding a particular databook in a room of them is FAR SLOWER than just downloading the latest dataSHEET.

One does keep a few classics. I've had high speed internet for a very long time now - I wouldn't have started posting here if I hadn't had it - and I had it in the Netherlands when I first started posting here, and I've had it since I moved back to Australia. Getting shot of the floor to ceiling book-shelf of data books at work was a definite advantage.
> > Persuading the authors to provide better data is a different problem.
> >
> > https://www.bloomsbury.com/au/big-myth-9781635573572/
> >
> > does demonstrate how some people do work hard to provide easy access to misleading data, and we do need some kind of mechanism to discourage people from lying to us.
> >
> > In the US the rich and powerful would resent that.
>
> More libtard NONSENSE!

Actually what the book is all about is the propagation of right wing nonsense, going back to "The little house on the prairie" and going on through Ronald Reagan presenting the General Electric Theatre on TV as a shill for GE, which he parlayed into a political career, Gullible twits like you were always the target audience.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Tesla Syndrome

<0b8f4a51-6b86-44d8-ae7b-e2ef0b67010an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=127469&group=sci.electronics.design#127469

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 06:30:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 13:30 UTC

On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 4:15:15 AM UTC-7, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 3:33:50 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
> > > <snip>

> > > In that case the content stayed pretty much the same, thought I did notice that TI data sheets got longer, and instead of leaving out embarrassing information they buried it on page 45 of a 55 page data sheet.

> > > Reaching out and grabbing the book is faster than pulling the data off the web.
> > Hey Bozo, when was the last time that you did that, a decade ago?
> I've been posting here for more than twenty years, and being rude about legacy circuits does involved being rude about legacy data sheets.
> > Besides, pulling out an out-of-date databook is worse than having nothing.
> People are still selling parts as conforming to the uA741 specification. and legacy designers are still buying them. Sometimes you have to point out what is missing from those very old specifications.
> > Most of the rest of us have highspeed internet - finding a particular databook in a room of them is FAR SLOWER than just downloading the latest dataSHEET.
> One does keep a few classics. I've had high speed internet for a very long time now - I wouldn't have started posting here if I hadn't had it - and I had it in the Netherlands when I first started posting here, and I've had it since I moved back to Australia. Getting shot of the floor to ceiling book-shelf of data books at work was a definite advantage.
> > > Persuading the authors to provide better data is a different problem.
> > >
> > > https://www.bloomsbury.com/au/big-myth-9781635573572/
> > >
> > > does demonstrate how some people do work hard to provide easy access to misleading data, and we do need some kind of mechanism to discourage people from lying to us.
> > >
> > > In the US the rich and powerful would resent that.
> >
> > More libtard NONSENSE!
> Actually what the book is all about is the propagation of right wing nonsense, going back to "The little house on the prairie" and going on through Ronald Reagan presenting the General Electric Theatre on TV as a shill for GE, which he parlayed into a political career, Gullible twits like you were always the target audience.

I used to have 10 bookcases filled with databooks. That is all gone - they are now on my laptop. Anyone designing with a uA741 is a DYNOSAUR, but that aptly describes you, and you can get that datasheet online if you need to repair some old piece of junk

> --
> Bozo Bill Slowman, Sydney

Re: Tesla Syndrome

<16af08ee-15aa-4c24-9369-2d423b9e8311n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=127471&group=sci.electronics.design#127471

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 07:06:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 14:06 UTC

On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 11:30:13 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
> On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 4:15:15 AM UTC-7, Anthony William Sloman wrote:

> > > Hey Bozo, when was the last time that you did that, a decade ago?
> > I've been posting here for more than twenty years, and being rude about legacy circuits does involved being rude about legacy data sheets.
> >
> > > Besides, pulling out an out-of-date databook is worse than having nothing.
> > People are still selling parts as conforming to the uA741 specification.. and legacy designers are still buying them. Sometimes you have to point out what is missing from those very old specifications.
> > > Most of the rest of us have highspeed internet - finding a particular databook in a room of them is FAR SLOWER than just downloading the latest dataSHEET.
> >
> > One does keep a few classics. I've had high speed internet for a very long time now - I wouldn't have started posting here if I hadn't had it - and I had it in the Netherlands when I first started posting here, and I've had it since I moved back to Australia. Getting shot of the floor to ceiling book-shelf of data books at work was a definite advantage.

> > > More libtard NONSENSE!
> >
> > Actually what the book is all about is the propagation of right wing nonsense, going back to "The little house on the prairie" and going on through Ronald Reagan presenting the General Electric Theatre on TV as a shill for GE, which he parlayed into a political career, Gullible twits like you were always the target audience.
>
> I used to have 10 bookcases filled with databooks. That is all gone - they are now on my laptop. Anyone designing with a uA741 is a DYNOSAUR, but that aptly describes you, and you can get that datasheet online if you need to repair some old piece of junk.

The correct spelling is "dinosoaur". I call them "legacy designers" because they design with legacy parts. I'm not one of them - as you'd know if you knew anything about electronics - and had a famous feud with John Fielding about the Signetics NE555 here for years. I looked at it once, and never thought much of it or designed it into anything. John thought more highly of it.

One of my minor triumphs was designing a 741 - and it's pop-corn noise - out of the Metals Research GaAs crystal puller. The redesign included a lot of other good stuff, but that was what got the attention of the operators. Without the pop-corn noise the heaters ran quietly for most of the pull at about 30% of full power. With the 741 they banged full on for about 30 seconds and stayed off for the next 70 seconds, which the operators had found wearing.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Tesla Syndrome

<b994a33b-0f28-4097-9e0d-67c4272d9a76n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=127706&group=sci.electronics.design#127706

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 17:24:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 00:24 UTC

On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 7:06:54 AM UTC-7, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 11:30:13 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:

> > > I've been posting here for more than twenty years, and being rude about legacy circuits does involved being rude about legacy data sheets.

> > > People are still selling parts as conforming to the uA741 specification. and legacy designers are still buying them. Sometimes you have to point out what is missing from those very old specifications.
> > >
> > > One does keep a few classics. I've had high speed internet for a very long time now - I wouldn't have started posting here if I hadn't had it - and I had it in the Netherlands when I first started posting here, and I've had it since I moved back to Australia. Getting shot of the floor to ceiling book-shelf of data books at work was a definite advantage.

> > > Actually what the book is all about is the propagation of right wing nonsense, going back to "The little house on the prairie" and going on through Ronald Reagan presenting the General Electric Theatre on TV as a shill for GE, which he parlayed into a political career, Gullible twits like you were always the target audience.
> >
> > I used to have 10 bookcases filled with databooks. That is all gone - they are now on my laptop. Anyone designing with a uA741 is a DYNOSAUR, but that aptly describes you, and you can get that datasheet online if you need to repair some old piece of junk.
>
> The correct spelling is "dinosoaur". I call them "legacy designers" because they design with legacy parts. I'm not one of them - as you'd know if you knew anything about electronics - and had a famous feud with John Fielding about the Signetics NE555 here for years. I looked at it once, and never thought much of it or designed it into anything. John thought more highly of it.
>
> One of my minor triumphs was designing a 741 - and it's pop-corn noise - out of the Metals Research GaAs crystal puller. The redesign included a lot of other good stuff, but that was what got the attention of the operators. Without the pop-corn noise the heaters ran quietly for most of the pull at about 30% of full power. With the 741 they banged full on for about 30 seconds and stayed off for the next 70 seconds, which the operators had found wearing.
>
> --
> Bozo Bill Slowman, Sydney

LOL! The guy that can't even spell his OWN NAME corrects me on spelling!!!! That's RICH!!!!!!!!

NOBODY designs with parts that are FIFTY YEARS OLD, you fool! How LONG AGO did you do that, FORTY YEARS?

Bozo's Sewage Sweeper

Re: Tesla Syndrome

<70068c4d-9423-4d58-9d6b-10b1d8209ec8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=127709&group=sci.electronics.design#127709

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 19:00:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 02:00 UTC

On Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 10:24:12 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
> On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 7:06:54 AM UTC-7, Anthony William Sloman wrote:

> > > I used to have 10 bookcases filled with databooks. That is all gone - they are now on my laptop. Anyone designing with a uA741 is a DYNOSAUR, but that aptly describes you, and you can get that datasheet online if you need to repair some old piece of junk.
> >
> > The correct spelling is "dinosoaur". I call them "legacy designers" because they design with legacy parts. I'm not one of them - as you'd know if you knew anything about electronics - and had a famous feud with John Fielding about the Signetics NE555 here for years. I looked at it once, and never thought much of it or designed it into anything. John thought more highly of it.
> >
> > One of my minor triumphs was designing a 741 - and it's pop-corn noise - out of the Metals Research GaAs crystal puller. The redesign included a lot of other good stuff, but that was what got the attention of the operators. Without the pop-corn noise the heaters ran quietly for most of the pull at about 30% of full power. With the 741 they banged full on for about 30 seconds and stayed off for the next 70 seconds, which the operators had found wearing.
>
> LOL! The guy that can't even spell his OWN NAME corrects me on spelling!!!! That's RICH!!!!!!!!

Not as rich as the guy that picks on occasional typo's trying to avoid getting nailed for spelling dinosaur wrong. Quite how you came to confuse it with a program that was cancelled in 1963 bears thinking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-20_Dyna-Soar
> NOBODY designs with parts that are FIFTY YEARS OLD, you fool! How LONG AGO did you do that, FORTY YEARS?

I designed out the 741 in 1987 (which is 36 years ago(. The guy that had designed it in ten years earlier had some bad habits - it wouldn't have been a good choice even back in 1977.

People actually do design in parts that are fifty years old. It's rarely a good idea and I have pointed this out here from time to time. Something like the LM324 is an exception - it was always cheap crap, but if that's all you need it is hard to find something cheaper.

That's how I described it in the list of 153 op amps I put together around 1989, and it's probably still true,
--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Tesla Syndrome

<7e046ebe-6a69-444d-8315-e61d262152a3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=127746&group=sci.electronics.design#127746

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 09:39:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:39 UTC

On Monday, August 28, 2023 at 7:00:12 PM UTC-7, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 10:24:12 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:

> > > The correct spelling is "dinosoaur". I call them "legacy designers" because they design with legacy parts. I'm not one of them - as you'd know if you knew anything about electronics - and had a famous feud with John Fielding about the Signetics NE555 here for years. I looked at it once, and never thought much of it or designed it into anything. John thought more highly of it.
> > >
> > > One of my minor triumphs was designing a 741 - and it's pop-corn noise - out of the Metals Research GaAs crystal puller. The redesign included a lot of other good stuff, but that was what got the attention of the operators. Without the pop-corn noise the heaters ran quietly for most of the pull at about 30% of full power. With the 741 they banged full on for about 30 seconds and stayed off for the next 70 seconds, which the operators had found wearing.
> >
> > LOL! The guy that can't even spell his OWN NAME corrects me on spelling!!!! That's RICH!!!!!!!!
> Not as rich as the guy that picks on occasional typo's trying to avoid getting nailed for spelling dinosaur wrong. Quite how you came to confuse it with a program that was cancelled in 1963 bears thinking about.

Hey Bozo, it is NOT "occasional" - it IS persistent. Just another example of rules for THEE but not for ME!! Remember the time that you called me "STUPD"? Not your best showing, bloke.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-20_Dyna-Soar
> > NOBODY designs with parts that are FIFTY YEARS OLD, you fool! How LONG AGO did you do that, FORTY YEARS?
> I designed out the 741 in 1987 (which is 36 years ago(. The guy that had designed it in ten years earlier had some bad habits - it wouldn't have been a good choice even back in 1977.
>
> People actually do design in parts that are fifty years old. It's rarely a good idea and I have pointed this out here from time to time. Something like the LM324 is an exception - it was always cheap crap, but if that's all you need it is hard to find something cheaper.

"Rarely a good idea"? Sort of like NUKING and FIREBOMBING your OWN COUNTRY!!!

> That's how I described it in the list of 153 op amps I put together around 1989, and it's probably still true,
> --
> Bozo Bill Slowman, Sydney

Bozo's Sewage Sweeper

Re: Tesla Syndrome

<92dc7aff-8b2b-4ec9-8b23-3de278abc5dcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=127775&group=sci.electronics.design#127775

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 22:46:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 05:46 UTC

On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 2:39:54 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
> On Monday, August 28, 2023 at 7:00:12 PM UTC-7, Anthony William Sloman wrote:

<snip>

> > > NOBODY designs with parts that are FIFTY YEARS OLD, you fool! How LONG AGO did you do that, FORTY YEARS?
<> >
> > I designed out the 741 in 1987 (which is 36 years ago. The guy that had designed it in ten years earlier had some bad habits - it wouldn't have been a good choice even back in 1977.
> >
> > People actually do design in parts that are fifty years old. It's rarely a good idea and I have pointed this out here from time to time. Something like the LM324 is an exception - it was always cheap crap, but if that's all you need it is hard to find something cheaper.
>
> "Rarely a good idea"? Sort of like NUKING and FIREBOMBING your OWN COUNTRY!!!

That's your deliberate misunderstanding of a couple of things that I posted.. I have explained quite how thoroughly you do misrepresent them, but you seem unwilling to realise that you got it wrong.

> > That's how I described it in the list of 153 op amps I put together around 1989, and it's probably still true.

As usual, you have ignored the point I was making and chosen to re-run your usual lie.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Tesla Syndrome

<a0522133-3067-4b68-9d4b-b74e47b6b4c4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=127816&group=sci.electronics.design#127816

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 17:29:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 00:29 UTC

On Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 10:46:35 PM UTC-7, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 2:39:54 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
>
> <snip>
> <> >
> > > I designed out the 741 in 1987 (which is 36 years ago. The guy that had designed it in ten years earlier had some bad habits - it wouldn't have been a good choice even back in 1977.
> > >
> > > People actually do design in parts that are fifty years old. It's rarely a good idea and I have pointed this out here from time to time. Something like the LM324 is an exception - it was always cheap crap, but if that's all you need it is hard to find something cheaper.
> >
> > "Rarely a good idea"? Sort of like NUKING and FIREBOMBING your OWN COUNTRY!!!
> That's your deliberate misunderstanding of a couple of things that I posted. I have explained quite how thoroughly you do misrepresent them, but you seem unwilling to realise that you got it wrong.

I understand TOTALLY what you said, but you don't.

> > > That's how I described it in the list of 153 op amps I put together around 1989, and it's probably still true.
>
> As usual, you have ignored the point I was making and chosen to re-run your usual lie.

Again, you lie about lying - a KNOWN trait of a congenital liar.

> --
> Bozo Bill Slowman, Sydney

Bozo's Sewage Sweeper

Re: Tesla Syndrome

<ed8291d6-4759-4b98-8cfd-07d743a4feacn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=127835&group=sci.electronics.design#127835

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 20:59:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 03:59 UTC

On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 10:29:43 AM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 10:46:35 PM UTC-7, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> > <> >

> > > "Rarely a good idea"? Sort of like NUKING and FIREBOMBING your OWN COUNTRY!!!
> >
> > That's your deliberate misunderstanding of a couple of things that I posted. I have explained quite how thoroughly you do misrepresent them, but you seem unwilling to realise that you got it wrong.
>
> I understand TOTALLY what you said, but you don't.

You do seem to be convinced of this. but it still isn't true,

> > As usual, you have ignored the point I was making and chosen to re-run your usual lie.
>
> Again, you lie about lying - a KNOWN trait of a congenital liar.

Of course you aren't a congenital liar. You are just too pig-ignorant to realise that you are lying, and quite how obvious your lies are.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Tesla Syndrome

<kle50rFq9hiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=127939&group=sci.electronics.design#127939

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 22:50:35 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 12:50 UTC

On 24-Aug-23 12:39 am, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 8:37:25 AM UTC-4, Sylvia Else wrote:

>>> Most people familiarize themselves with the controls on an unfamiliar car BEFORE they drive off.
>> That's not the issue. You have to look at a touch screen to use it.
>
> Okay, but even that shouldn't be a problem if the display is backlit and symbols are big enough. What make/ model was it?

>>> Nest time print out a backup of the pass to take with you.
>> Funny how I thought of that before the flight out, but my printer was
>> too heavy to take with me on the trip to print out the one for the
>> flight back.
>
> Can't you save the boarding pass as a JPG to Gallery folder or something similar?

There are various potential solutions, but one first has to realise that
the problem exists. I print out important stuff when I can because the
phone could always die at an inopportune moment. Clearly, saving screen
shots, etc., somewhere on the phone does not address that. I hadn't
realised until shortly before boarding that the pass was not on the phone.

Sylvia.