There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Google ending support for Usenet

SubjectAuthor
* Google ending support for UsenetGeorge J. Dance
+* Re: Google ending support for UsenetWill Dockery
|+* Re: Google ending support for UsenetGeneral-Zod
||`- Re: Google ending support for UsenetWill Dockery
|`- Re: Google ending support for UsenetGeneral-Zod
+- Re: Google ending support for UsenetWill Dockery
+- Re: Google ending support for UsenetWill Dockery
+* Re: Google ending support for UsenetW.Dockery

Pages:1234
Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<d42cecd923aca16ad5e699c0be8f04c3@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244614&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244614

Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 04:48:07 +0000
Subject: Re: Google ending support for Usenet
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 04:48 UTC

Edmond Wollmann wrote:

> On 16 Dec 2023, Wlll Dockery @news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery) posted some

>> Edmond Wollmann wrote:
>>
>>> On 16 Dec 2023, Peter J Ross <pjr@example.invalid> posted some

>>> Not that you'd be capable of doing anything to influence it.
>>
>> Don't ruin PJR's fantasy.

> Wait until he finds the puppy in his stocking. I scraped it up after a
> car ran over it.

Oh Lordy..

"Tear in his eye."

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<d66bb9530fc814f196faf61480d24f2e@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244645&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244645

Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 20:39:11 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 20:39 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> |So what can Team Monkey, with their dreams of turning aapc into the new "Algonqin Club", do? For now, they could open a new Google Group, and even name it "alt.arts.poetry.comments Official Group" (just as they've done on facebook). Or (as their Asstroll has been urging) they can do the same thing on reddit. But neither of those will be aapc. aapc, like Usenet, will continue though in a radically different form.
>>
>> *************************************************************************
>>
>> Google Groups ending support for Usenet
>> If you work with Usenet groups in Google Groups, support for these groups is ending soon.
>>
>> What’s changing?
>> Starting on February 22, 2024, you can no longer use Google Groups (at groups.google.com) to post content to Usenet groups, subscribe to Usenet groups, or view new Usenet content. You can continue to view and search for historical Usenet content posted before February 22, 2024 on Google Groups.
>>
>> In addition, Google’s Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) server and associated peering will no longer be available, meaning Google will not support serving new Usenet content or exchanging content with other NNTP servers.
>>
>> This change will not impact any non-Usenet content on Google Groups, including all user and organization-created groups. Most of the current Google Groups content is not Usenet content and will not be affected.
>>
>> What do I need to do?
>> If you don’t actively engage with Usenet content, you don’t need to do anything. Current Usenet users will need to do two things before February 22, 2024 if they want to continue engaging with Usenet content:
>>
>> Find a new Usenet client. Several free and paid alternatives are available, both web-based and application-based. To find a client, do a web search for "how do I find a usenet text client"
>> Find a new public Usenet server. The new client you choose will likely have a default server or a set of curated options for you. If not, to find a server, do a web search for "public NNTP servers."
>> Because Usenet is a distributed system, you do not need to migrate data. All of the Usenet content you can access today on Google Groups should already be synced to the new server you choose. After you select a new client and server, you can reselect the groups you’re interested in.
>>
>> Why is Google Groups support for Usenet ending?
>> Over the last several years, legitimate activity in text-based Usenet groups has declined significantly because users have moved to more modern technologies and formats such as social media and web-based forums. Much of the content being disseminated via Usenet today is binary (non-text) file sharing, which Google Groups does not support, as well as spam.
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action/c/LMHjnnjcgjo

> Yes, for me, it basically means Nova BBS will be the top spot for Usenet posting and reading:

Ash seems to be thinking Google groups will continue alt.arts.poetry.comments as the name of the group, but with no input from Usenet.... odd and interesting possibility...

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<a0eec549b500386621ec7889bfcd5678@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244677&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244677

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 18:44:28 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 18:44 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> [...]

> Because Usenet is a distributed system, you do not need to migrate data. All of the Usenet content you can access today on Google Groups should already be synced to the new server you choose. After you select a new client and server, you can reselect the groups you’re interested in.

> Why is Google Groups support for Usenet ending?
> Over the last several years, legitimate activity in text-based Usenet groups has declined significantly because users have moved to more modern technologies and formats such as social media and web-based forums. Much of the content being disseminated via Usenet today is binary (non-text) file sharing, which Google Groups does not support, as well as spam.

Well put GD...!!

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<7c485496-5675-45b3-959a-1b3242042f28n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244756&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244756

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 06:50:23 -0800 (PST)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 14:50 UTC

> [...]
> Because Usenet is a distributed system, you do not need to migrate data. All of the Usenet content you can access today on Google Groups should already be synced to the new server you choose. After you select a new client and server, you can reselect the groups you’re interested in.
>
> Why is Google Groups support for Usenet ending?
> Over the last several years, legitimate activity in text-based Usenet groups has declined significantly because users have moved to more modern technologies and formats such as social media and web-based forums. Much of the content being disseminated via Usenet today is binary (non-text) file sharing, which Google Groups does not support, as well as spam.

And again, as expected from NancyGene, *crickets*.

And so it goes.

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<f9b0803d425f4ec0bc60732a324abb54@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244774&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244774

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:29:48 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:29 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> [...]

> Because Usenet is a distributed system, you do not need to migrate data. All of the Usenet content you can access today on Google Groups should already be synced to the new server you choose. After you select a new client and server, you can reselect the groups you’re interested in.

> Why is Google Groups support for Usenet ending?
> Over the last several years, legitimate activity in text-based Usenet groups has declined significantly because users have moved to more modern technologies and formats such as social media and web-based forums. Much of the content being disseminated via Usenet today is binary (non-text) file sharing, which Google Groups does not support, as well as spam.

Well put... and a glimpse of how this post looks over at NOVA BBS...:

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244458&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244458

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<2add45a5-51a9-456b-a1b3-3f3e5da112f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244806&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244806

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 14:13:06 -0800 (PST)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 22:13 UTC

On Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 3:30:20 PM UTC-5, General-Zod wrote:
> [...]
> > Because Usenet is a distributed system, you do not need to migrate data.. All of the Usenet content you can access today on Google Groups should already be synced to the new server you choose. After you select a new client and server, you can reselect the groups you’re interested in.
>
> > Why is Google Groups support for Usenet ending?
> > Over the last several years, legitimate activity in text-based Usenet groups has declined significantly because users have moved to more modern technologies and formats such as social media and web-based forums. Much of the content being disseminated via Usenet today is binary (non-text) file sharing, which Google Groups does not support, as well as spam.
>
> > https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action/c/LMHjnnjcgjo
> Well put... and a glimpse of how this post looks over at NOVA BBS...:

Usenet will be in good hands with Retro Guy at the helm.

;)

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<65b7836a-f8dc-4088-b958-69d57f7d5c59n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244816&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244816

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 14:59:58 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 22:59 UTC

On Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 5:13:08 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > > Why is Google Groups support for Usenet ending?
> > > Over the last several years, legitimate activity in text-based Usenet groups has declined significantly because users have moved to more modern technologies and formats such as social media and web-based forums. Much of the content being disseminated via Usenet today is binary (non-text) file sharing, which Google Groups does not support, as well as spam.
> >
> > > https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action/c/LMHjnnjcgjo
> > Well put... and a glimpse of how this post looks over at NOVA BBS...:
> >
> > https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244458&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244458
> Usenet will be in good hands with Retro Guy at the helm.

Are you trying to tell us that Retro Guy is going to manage Usenet? Do you have a clue what Usenet is, or are you just a Usenet fool? Retro Guy's site is just one of many news servers that is Usenet.

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<f8a09c493e80dd245ea4d2739a628c7e@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244822&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244822

Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 01:15:40 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 01:15 UTC

Ash Wurthing wrote:

> On Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 5:13:08 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > Well put... and a glimpse of how this post looks over at NOVA BBS...:
>> >
>> > https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244458&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244458
>> Usenet will be in good hands with Retro Guy at the helm.

> Are you trying to tell us that Retro Guy is going to manage Usenet

No, Retro Guy manages Nova BBS, a Usenet web portal:

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244385&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244385

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<82e6395762c92ce86a2c88c2282aa311@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245006&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245006

Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 19:02:07 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 19:02 UTC

On Saturday, December 23, 2023 at 12:43:58 PM UTC-5, MummyChunk wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
> > MummyChunk wrote:
>
> > > Good morning, MummyChunk, thanks.
> > >

> > > The newsgroup alt.arts.poetry.comments has the largest number of
> posters, hopefully JLA Forums will add it soon, as as many as a dozen
> poetry posters will be looking for a new Usenet venue in February when
> Google Groups closes.
> > >
> > > https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments
> > >
> > > Nova BBS is poised to become the top Usenet venue (in my opinion)
> but other options are always good to have:
> > >

> https://www.novabbs.com/arts/thread.php?group=alt.arts.poetry.comments
> > >

> > > HTH and HAND.
> > MummyChunk wrote:
> >
> > The admin team replied to me and said that they were going to add
> several of the poetry groups very soon
> Placeholder for some of the requested groups. They should be
> populated over the coming days. Please pass along for those who might
> be interested.
>
> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewforum.php?f=655
> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewforum.php?f=653
> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewforum.php?f=654
> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewforum.php?f=652

Outstanding!

(Moved fron another thread.)

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<slrnuoepnn.40d.pjr@nntp.pjross.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245028&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245028

From: pjr...@example.invalid (Peter J Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: 23 Dec 2023 23:02:15 GMT
 by: Peter J Ross - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 23:02 UTC

On 2023-12-19, Will Dockery <will.dockery@gmail.com> wrote:

> Usenet will be in good hands with Retro Guy at the helm.

Unlike you, RetroGuy can not only spell his own name but also knows
perfectly well that nobody is at the helm of Usenet. He runs a news
server, just as I used to do, and just as you never will.

In fact, you'll never do anything requiring even an elementary level of
competence, will you, Dreckwit?

--
PJR :-)

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<2fda01f793fdedcab76c95acc58bbb4f@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245038&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245038

Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 03:52:32 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 03:52 UTC

Peter J Ross wrote:

> On 2023-12-19, Will Dockery <will.dockery@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Usenet will be in good hands with Retro Guy at the helm.

> Unlike you, RetroGuy can not only spell his own name but also knows
> perfectly well that nobody is at the helm of Usenet. He runs a news
> server, just as I used to do, and just as you never will.

> In fact, you'll never do anything requiring even an elementary level of
> competence

I managed to publish a book of poetry, which is more than you seem to have managed, PJR:

https://www.amazon.com/Selected-Poems-1976-2019-Will-Dockery/dp/0994860013

HTH and HAND.

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<17a409bb85916031$123781$2010109$e0ddea62@news.thecubenet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245100&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245100

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
From: prec...@yahoo.net (%)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 04:41:00 -0500
 by: % - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 09:41 UTC

Family Guy wrote:
> On Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 7:35:14 PM UTC-5, W.Dockery wrote:
>> Edmond Wollmann wrote:
>>
>>> On 16 Dec 2023, Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> posted some

>>> Not that you'd be capable of doing anything to influence it.
>> Don't ruin PJR's fantasy.
>>

> I see you still have no fucking clue about the definition of that word.

do you still have those pictures of your sisters tits dink?

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<17a409e57d14e88d$123782$2010109$e0ddea62@news.thecubenet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245101&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245101

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
From: prec...@yahoo.net (%)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 04:44:01 -0500
 by: % - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 09:44 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:
> [...]
>>
>>> Why is Google Groups support for Usenet ending?
>>> Over the last several years, legitimate activity in text-based Usenet groups has declined significantly because users have moved to more modern technologies and formats such as social media and web-based forums. Much of the content being disseminated via Usenet today is binary (non-text) file sharing, which Google Groups does not support, as well as spam.
>>
>>> https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action/c/LMHjnnjcgjo
>> Well put... and a glimpse of how this post looks over at NOVA BBS...:
>>
>> https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=244458&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#244458
>
> Usenet will be in good hands with Retro Guy at the helm.

he will soon find himself de-peered

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<17a40a169267ef42$123783$2010109$e0ddea62@news.thecubenet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245102&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245102

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
From: prec...@yahoo.net (%)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 04:47:32 -0500
 by: % - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 09:47 UTC

General-Zod wrote:
> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
>> Will Dockery wrote:
>>
>>> That's exactly what the announcement says, meaning, as far as I can
>>> tell, the easiest move from the Google Groups version of a.a.p.c. is
>>> over to Nova BBS:
>>>
>>> https://www.novabbs.com/arts/thre.arts.poetry.comments
>>>
>>  >
>> How can we get rid of that sewer next?
>
> That's probably your upper lip you smell, bigot troll...
>
> "Tear in your eye."

says the pissbum that lives under a tarp

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<4b7ddd1e-81e9-4b93-814e-fce4a0925a42n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245106&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245106

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 09:03:48 -0800 (PST)
From: willdock...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
 by: W-Dockery - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 17:03 UTC

On Monday, December 25, 2023 at 4:47:33 AM UTC-5, % wrote:
> General-Zod wrote:
> > Gregory Morrow wrote:

> >> How can we get rid of that sewer next?
> >
> > That's probably your upper lip you smell, bigot troll...
> >
> > "Tear in your eye."
> >
> says the pissbum that lives under a tarp

Zod is an outdoorsman, which is beyond the scope and abilities of a pansy like you.

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<17a424ac3b5f9ead$18947$846638$6cdd666a@news.thecubenet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245110&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245110

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
From: prec...@yahoo.net (%)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 12:54:41 -0500
 by: % - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 17:54 UTC

W-Dockery wrote:
> On Monday, December 25, 2023 at 4:47:33 AM UTC-5, % wrote:
>> General-Zod wrote:

>>> That's probably your upper lip you smell, bigot troll...
>>>
>>> "Tear in your eye."
>>>
>> says the pissbum that lives under a tarp
>
> Zod is an outdoorsman, which is beyond the scope and abilities of a pansy like you.

he's a destitute pissbum, just like you are, shitstain

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<b55b0be3-6140-4e18-893c-5a6ead3b09cfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245111&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245111

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 10:02:17 -0800 (PST)
From: madeforz...@yahoo.com (Family Guy)
 by: Family Guy - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 18:02 UTC

On Saturday, December 23, 2023 at 6:02:18 PM UTC-5, Peter J Ross wrote:
> On 2023-12-19, Will Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Usenet will be in good hands with Retro Guy at the helm.
> Unlike you, RetroGuy can not only spell his own name but also knows
> perfectly well that nobody is at the helm of Usenet. He runs a news
> server, just as I used to do,

yea whatever happened with that
is it still thriving and encouraging bullshit behavior
or did you just shove it up your ass like you did with everything else

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<8bf8453679cbabe2ad25b94b805c6294@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245123&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245123

Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 20:58:23 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 20:58 UTC

Family Guy wrote:

> On Saturday, December 23, 2023 at 6:02:18 PM UTC-5, Peter J Ross wrote:
>> On 2023-12-19, Will Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Usenet will be in good hands with Retro Guy at the helm.
>> Unlike you, RetroGuy can not only spell his own name but also knows
>> perfectly well that nobody is at the helm of Usenet. He runs a news
>> server, just as I used to do,

> yea whatever happened with that
> is it still thriving and encouraging bullshit behavior
> or did you just shove it up your ass like you did with everything else

Whatever happened, it sure didn't seem to last long.

Forgery and Identity theft noted (Was: Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<5b51b0458d71ddb3d33d10be449a6054@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245152&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245152

Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 05:10:07 +0000
Subject: Forgery and Identity theft noted (Was: Re: Google ending support for Usenet
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 05:10 UTC

Fake W-Dockery forged:

> On Monday, December 25, 2023 at 4:47:33 AM UTC-5, % wrote:
>> General-Zod wrote:

>> > That's probably your upper lip you smell, bigot troll...
>> >
>> > "Tear in your eye."
>> >
>> says the pissbum that lives under a tarp

> Zod is an outdoorsman, which is beyond the scope and abilities of a pansy like you.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Forgery and Identity theft noted ^^^^^

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<slrnuomls0.2uq.pjr@nntp.pjross.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245174&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245174

From: pjr...@example.invalid (Peter J Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: 26 Dec 2023 22:45:20 GMT
 by: Peter J Ross - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 22:45 UTC

On 2023-12-24, W.Dockery <will.dockery@gmail.com> wrote:

> I managed to publish a book of poetry

Even Ed Wollmann has sold more copies of his books than you.

--
PJR :-)

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<slrnuommp8.2uq.pjr@nntp.pjross.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245176&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245176

From: pjr...@example.invalid (Peter J Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: 26 Dec 2023 23:00:56 GMT
 by: Peter J Ross - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 23:00 UTC

On 2023-12-25, W.Dockery <will.dockery@gmail.com> wrote:
> Family Guy wrote:

>>> Unlike you, RetroGuy can not only spell his own name but also knows
>>> perfectly well that nobody is at the helm of Usenet. He runs a news
>>> server, just as I used to do,
>
>> yea whatever happened with that
>> is it still thriving and encouraging bullshit behavior
>> or did you just shove it up your ass like you did with everything else
>
> Whatever happened, it sure didn't seem to last long.

You used to whine endlesslessly about being excluded from it.

As far as I can remember after an interval of something like twenty
years, my users (who amounted to about ten or a dozen at most) agreed
with me that we'd all enjoyed the experience but it wasn't worth
continuing with it.

RetroGuy's posts in his internal forums suggest that he's beginning to
get bored, just as I did. And where will you run to then, Dreckwit?

--
PJR :-)

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<XnsB0E6BE879EA1PantyheadPoorHouse@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245181&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245181

From: cuj...@petitmorte.net (Cujo DeSockpuppet)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 23:43:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cujo DeSockpuppet - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 23:43 UTC

Peter J Ross <pjr@example.invalid> wrote in

> On 2023-12-24, W.Dockery <will.dockery@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I managed to publish a book of poetry
>
> Even Ed Wollmann has sold more copies of his books than you.

Not fair, Ed used to call stores as someone else and ask them to order
the book. I believe he also had Marsha Kalfsbeek and a few other
F'losers like Little Brucie Kettler doing the same thing.

All Will had were a few imbecilic henchmorons and a daughter who was
forced to work at a bait store in Shitkicker, Alabama. As Dunce had
something to do with it, you can't count out the Canuckistan market.
I'll bet they sold one or two in the remainder queues.

--
"I've been writing poetry for nearly fifty years, rest assured it's a
poem, Pendragon." - Will Dockery demonstrating why he's a douchebag.

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<62e666b8-fff5-4ecc-a5f9-4fb57b981232n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245188&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245188

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 16:44:39 -0800 (PST)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 00:44 UTC

On Tuesday, December 26, 2023 at 6:00:59 PM UTC-5, Peter J Ross wrote:
> On 2023-12-25, W.Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Family Guy wrote:

> >> yea whatever happened with that
> >> is it still thriving and encouraging bullshit behavior
> >> or did you just shove it up your ass like you did with everything else
> >
> > Whatever happened, it sure didn't seem to last long.
> You used to whine endlesslessly about being excluded from it.

Why do you lie so much, PJR?

As far as I remember, I never even mentioned it.

IOW: Post proof or shut the fuck up.

😃

> As far as I can remember after an interval of something like twenty
> years, my users (who amounted to about ten or a dozen at most) agreed
> with me that we'd all enjoyed the experience but it wasn't worth
> continuing with it.
>
> RetroGuy's posts in his internal forums suggest that he's beginning to
> get bored, just as I did. And where will you run to then, Dreckwit?
>
> --
> PJR :-)

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<9fe1ca10-66b5-4f86-a99b-130e5147c308n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245189&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245189

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 18:38:13 -0800 (PST)
From: madeforz...@yahoo.com (Family Guy)
 by: Family Guy - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 02:38 UTC

On Tuesday, December 26, 2023 at 6:43:49 PM UTC-5, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
> Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote in
> > On 2023-12-24, W.Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I managed to publish a book of poetry
> >
> > Even Ed Wollmann has sold more copies of his books than you.
> Not fair, Ed used to call stores as someone else and ask them to order
> the book. I believe he also had Marsha Kalfsbeek and a few other
> F'losers like Little Brucie Kettler doing the same thing.

That's a very bullshit move.
How would he sell them, anyway?
Have his cronies go in and buy it for him?

> All Will had were a few imbecilic henchmorons and a daughter who was
> forced to work at a bait store in Shitkicker, Alabama. As Dunce had
> something to do with it, you can't count out the Canuckistan market.
> I'll bet they sold one or two in the remainder queues.
>
> --
> "I've been writing poetry for nearly fifty years, rest assured it's a
> poem, Pendragon." - Will Dockery demonstrating why he's a douchebag.

Re: Google ending support for Usenet

<398151feee4b49cec00c9ecd83363cdb@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=245197&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#245197

Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 03:27:44 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 03:27 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> [...]

> Because Usenet is a distributed system, you do not need to migrate data. All of the Usenet content you can access today on Google Groups should already be synced to the new server you choose. After you select a new client and server, you can reselect the groups you’re interested in.

> Why is Google Groups support for Usenet ending?
> Over the last several years, legitimate activity in text-based Usenet groups has declined significantly because users have moved to more modern technologies and formats such as social media and web-based forums. Much of the content being disseminated via Usenet today is binary (non-text) file sharing, which Google Groups does not support, as well as spam.

Again, thanks for keeping the record straight.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Google ending support for Usenet