I've got a bad feeling about this.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

SubjectAuthor
* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Doctor
+* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansUbiquitous
|`- Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Doctor
+* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansTim Merrigan
> [...]
|  ||||+- Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Doctor
|  ||||`* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansTim Merrigan
|  |||`- Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Doctor
|  ||`- Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Coca Cola Kid
|  |+- Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Doctor
|  |+* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansDimensional Traveler
|  |`* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansYour Name
|  `- Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Doctor
+* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansBTR1701
+* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe True Doctor
`* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe True Doctor

Pages:12345678910
Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ul91q5$1dvh$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27211&group=rec.arts.drwho#27211

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 07:23:49 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 07:23 UTC

You are indeed ancient.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<xn0oai7jdxx95vz002@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27251&group=rec.arts.drwho#27251

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 20:06:27 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 20:06 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <ul9dbu$3khib$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> >>
> > In the late 80's/early 90's, I did (little bits of) BASIC, Fortran and
> > Pascal programing. Some writing in '1' and 'none' i.e. 'Zero' which
> > then got compiled on to Intel 8085, Zilog Z80 or Motorola 6809 CPU's
> > and I also taught basic/simple programing on those CPU's.
>
> C onward should be the standard.

C'mon Dave, with the Doctor Who Christmas special a little over a week
away I'd have thought 'Ruby' would have been your programming language of
choice...

:-)

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ulagcn$q85$17@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27269&group=rec.arts.drwho#27269

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 20:38:47 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 20:38 UTC

In article <xn0oai7jdxx95vz002@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <ul9dbu$3khib$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> >>
>> > In the late 80's/early 90's, I did (little bits of) BASIC, Fortran and
>> > Pascal programing. Some writing in '1' and 'none' i.e. 'Zero' which
>> > then got compiled on to Intel 8085, Zilog Z80 or Motorola 6809 CPU's
>> > and I also taught basic/simple programing on those CPU's.
>>
>> C onward should be the standard.
>
>C'mon Dave, with the Doctor Who Christmas special a little over a week
>away I'd have thought 'Ruby' would have been your programming language of
>choice...
>
>:-)

What about a Python eat the goblins?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<20231212213827.dd9745268ad913880f1043a6@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27282&group=rec.arts.drwho#27282

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 21:38:27 +0000
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 21:38 UTC

On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:37:47 -0000 (UTC)
doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:

> In article <20231212104801.d451d55dde40234adc0b1224@127.0.0.1>,
> Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
[]

but it would do us all a favour if the drwho chat was kept in the
> >correct NGs. TIA.
> >

> Nice!

fu to the 2 drwho groups only; I presume this numpty is one of yours?

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ulb2la$1ajr$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27284&group=rec.arts.drwho#27284

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 01:50:34 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 01:50 UTC

In article <20231212213827.dd9745268ad913880f1043a6@127.0.0.1>,
Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:37:47 -0000 (UTC)
>doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>
>> In article <20231212104801.d451d55dde40234adc0b1224@127.0.0.1>,
>> Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>[]
>
> but it would do us all a favour if the drwho chat was kept in the
>> >correct NGs. TIA.
>> >

>> Nice!
>>

>fu to the 2 drwho groups only; I presume this numpty is one of yours?

Numpty?

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ul9dbu$3khib$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27297&group=rec.arts.drwho#27297

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 21:41:02 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 10:41 UTC

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27298&group=rec.arts.drwho#27298

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 10:48:01 +0000
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 10:48 UTC

On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 21:41:02 +1100
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> Dorothy J Heydt wrote on 12/12/23 4:26 pm:
[Time for a snip]

> >> As in C, COBOL, Fortran, Pascal, BASIC ...
> >
> > [Hal Heydt]
> > I *can* write in C, though not well. I spent a lot of years
> > writing in COBOL, and I can make it do things that aren't always
> > meant to be possible. FORTRAN is kind of rusty. I started with
> > FORTAN II and later got FORTRAN IV (pretty easy transition).
> > Never learned Pascal. BASIC I get by in because I knew FORTRAN.
> > Also learned and/or used a number of assembly languages... SPS
> > IID, Autocoder, ALC (aka BAL), COMPASS. (Points to those that
> > can identify the machines or operating system those apply to.)
> >
> > Also got reasonably decent with SQL, which might or might not be
> > considered a "laungauge".
> >
> > And then there's there other stuff like RPG and some similar
> > languages whose names I've forgotten. And the languages that I
> > learned at one point and now can't even recall the names of. Ah,
> > yes... ALGOL was one of them.
> >
> In the late 80's/early 90's, I did (little bits of) BASIC, Fortran and
> Pascal programing. Some writing in '1' and 'none' i.e. 'Zero' which then
> got compiled on to Intel 8085, Zilog Z80 or Motorola 6809 CPU's and I
> also taught basic/simple programing on those CPU's.

You both might profit from subscribing to news:alt.folklore.computers where
olden computing stuff is aired. And even modern stuff such as PCs
running DOS.

xpost left in, as I can't tell where Daniel65 is based, (I'm seeing this
in rasf) but it would do us all a favour if the drwho chat was kept in the
correct NGs. TIA.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ulbm9h$2n3v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27299&group=rec.arts.drwho#27299

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 18:25:37 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 07:25 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 13/12/23 7:38 am:
> In article <xn0oai7jdxx95vz002@news.eternal-september.org>, Blueshirt
> <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> C onward should be the standard.
>>
>> C'mon Dave, with the Doctor Who Christmas special a little over a
>> week away I'd have thought 'Ruby' would have been your programming
>> language of choice...
>>
>> :-)
>
> What about a Python eat the goblins?

Could someone haul that 747, that just flew over the asswipe's head,
back so the asswipe can catch it!!

https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ul9r6i$2hpt$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27300&group=rec.arts.drwho#27300

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:37:06 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:37 UTC

In article <ul9dbu$3khib$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>Dorothy J Heydt wrote on 12/12/23 4:26 pm:
>> In article <uksbrm$as0$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>,
>> The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

>(hence the tag). At
>Dorothy passed

>>> As in C, COBOL, Fortran, Pascal, BASIC ...
>>
>> [Hal Heydt]
>> I *can* write in C, though not well. I spent a lot of years
>> writing in COBOL, and I can make it do things that aren't always
>> meant to be possible. FORTRAN is kind of rusty. I started with
>> FORTAN II and later got FORTRAN IV (pretty easy transition).
>> Never learned Pascal. BASIC I get by in because I knew FORTRAN.
>> Also learned and/or used a number of assembly languages... SPS
>> IID, Autocoder, ALC (aka BAL), COMPASS. (Points to those that
>> can identify the machines or operating system those apply to.)
>>
>> Also got reasonably decent with SQL, which might or might not be
>> considered a "laungauge".
>>
>> And then there's there other stuff like RPG and some similar
>> languages whose names I've forgotten. And the languages that I
>> learned at one point and now can't even recall the names of. Ah,
>> yes... ALGOL was one of them.
>>
>In the late 80's/early 90's, I did (little bits of) BASIC, Fortran and
>Pascal programing. Some writing in '1' and 'none' i.e. 'Zero' which then
>got compiled on to Intel 8085, Zilog Z80 or Motorola 6809 CPU's and I
>also taught basic/simple programing on those CPU's.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ul9r7r$2hpt$4@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27302&group=rec.arts.drwho#27302

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:37:47 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:37 UTC

In article <20231212104801.d451d55dde40234adc0b1224@127.0.0.1>,
Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 21:41:02 +1100
>Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>> Dorothy J Heydt wrote on 12/12/23 4:26 pm:
>[Time for a snip]

>> > [Hal Heydt]
>> > I *can* write in C, though not well. I spent a lot of years
>> > writing in COBOL, and I can make it do things that aren't always
>> > meant to be possible. FORTRAN is kind of rusty. I started with
>> > FORTAN II and later got FORTRAN IV (pretty easy transition).
>> > Never learned Pascal. BASIC I get by in because I knew FORTRAN.
>> > Also learned and/or used a number of assembly languages... SPS
>> > IID, Autocoder, ALC (aka BAL), COMPASS. (Points to those that
>> > can identify the machines or operating system those apply to.)
>> >
>> > Also got reasonably decent with SQL, which might or might not be
>> > considered a "laungauge".
>> >
>> > And then there's there other stuff like RPG and some similar
>> > languages whose names I've forgotten. And the languages that I
>> > learned at one point and now can't even recall the names of. Ah,
>> > yes... ALGOL was one of them.
>> >
>> In the late 80's/early 90's, I did (little bits of) BASIC, Fortran and
>> Pascal programing. Some writing in '1' and 'none' i.e. 'Zero' which then
>> got compiled on to Intel 8085, Zilog Z80 or Motorola 6809 CPU's and I
>> also taught basic/simple programing on those CPU's.
>
>You both might profit from subscribing to news:alt.folklore.computers where
>olden computing stuff is aired. And even modern stuff such as PCs
>running DOS.
>
>xpost left in, as I can't tell where Daniel65 is based, (I'm seeing this
>in rasf) but it would do us all a favour if the drwho chat was kept in the
>correct NGs. TIA.

Nice!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ulcf55$5nm$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27315&group=rec.arts.drwho#27315

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 14:29:57 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 14:29 UTC

In article <ulbm9h$2n3v$1@dont-email.me>,

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<s5qJIs.16J0@kithrup.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27542&group=rec.arts.drwho#27542

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv
From: djhe...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 01:16:04 GMT
 by: Dorothy J Heydt - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 01:16 UTC

In article <ul9dbu$3khib$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>Dorothy J Heydt wrote on 12/12/23 4:26 pm:
>> [Hal Heydt]
>> I *can* write in C, though not well. I spent a lot of years
>> writing in COBOL, and I can make it do things that aren't always
>> meant to be possible. FORTRAN is kind of rusty. I started with
>> FORTAN II and later got FORTRAN IV (pretty easy transition).
>> Never learned Pascal. BASIC I get by in because I knew FORTRAN.
>> Also learned and/or used a number of assembly languages... SPS
>> IID, Autocoder, ALC (aka BAL), COMPASS. (Points to those that
>> can identify the machines or operating system those apply to.)
>>
>> Also got reasonably decent with SQL, which might or might not be
>> considered a "laungauge".
>>
>> And then there's there other stuff like RPG and some similar
>> languages whose names I've forgotten. And the languages that I
>> learned at one point and now can't even recall the names of. Ah,
>> yes... ALGOL was one of them.
>>
>In the late 80's/early 90's, I did (little bits of) BASIC, Fortran and
>Pascal programing. Some writing in '1' and 'none' i.e. 'Zero' which then
>got compiled on to Intel 8085, Zilog Z80 or Motorola 6809 CPU's and I
>also taught basic/simple programing on those CPU's.

[Hal Heydt]
I started learning to program in 1964...so BASIC, Pascal
languages didn't exist, and neither did microprocessors.

Among languages I forgot mention...SNOBOL.

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<uljcks$19b2$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27546&group=rec.arts.drwho#27546

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 05:30:04 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 05:30 UTC

In article <s5qJIs.16J0@kithrup.com>,
Dorothy J Heydt <djheydt@kithrup.com> wrote:
>In article <ul9dbu$3khib$1@dont-email.me>,
>Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>Dorothy J Heydt wrote on 12/12/23 4:26 pm:
>>> [Hal Heydt]
>>> I *can* write in C, though not well. I spent a lot of years
>>> writing in COBOL, and I can make it do things that aren't always
>>> meant to be possible. FORTRAN is kind of rusty. I started with
>>> FORTAN II and later got FORTRAN IV (pretty easy transition).
>>> Never learned Pascal. BASIC I get by in because I knew FORTRAN.
>>> Also learned and/or used a number of assembly languages... SPS
>>> IID, Autocoder, ALC (aka BAL), COMPASS. (Points to those that
>>> can identify the machines or operating system those apply to.)
>>>
>>> Also got reasonably decent with SQL, which might or might not be
>>> considered a "laungauge".
>>>
>>> And then there's there other stuff like RPG and some similar
>>> languages whose names I've forgotten. And the languages that I
>>> learned at one point and now can't even recall the names of. Ah,
>>> yes... ALGOL was one of them.
>>>
>>In the late 80's/early 90's, I did (little bits of) BASIC, Fortran and
>>Pascal programing. Some writing in '1' and 'none' i.e. 'Zero' which then
>>got compiled on to Intel 8085, Zilog Z80 or Motorola 6809 CPU's and I
>>also taught basic/simple programing on those CPU's.
>
>[Hal Heydt]
>I started learning to program in 1964...so BASIC, Pascal
>languages didn't exist, and neither did microprocessors.
>
>Among languages I forgot mention...SNOBOL.

BCPL?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<uljtpj$2ce6u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27561&group=rec.arts.drwho#27561

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:22:41 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 10:22 UTC

Dorothy J Heydt wrote on 16/12/23 12:16 pm:
> In article <ul9dbu$3khib$1@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> Dorothy J Heydt wrote on 12/12/23 4:26 pm:
>>> [Hal Heydt] I *can* write in C, though not well. I spent a lot
>>> of years writing in COBOL, and I can make it do things that
>>> aren't always meant to be possible. FORTRAN is kind of rusty. I
>>> started with FORTAN II and later got FORTRAN IV (pretty easy
>>> transition). Never learned Pascal. BASIC I get by in because I
>>> knew FORTRAN. Also learned and/or used a number of assembly
>>> languages... SPS IID, Autocoder, ALC (aka BAL), COMPASS.
>>> (Points to those that can identify the machines or operating
>>> system those apply to.)
>>>
>>> Also got reasonably decent with SQL, which might or might not be
>>> considered a "laungauge".
>>>
>>> And then there's there other stuff like RPG and some similar
>>> languages whose names I've forgotten. And the languages that I
>>> learned at one point and now can't even recall the names of.
>>> Ah, yes... ALGOL was one of them.
>>>
>> In the late 80's/early 90's, I did (little bits of) BASIC, Fortran
>> and Pascal programing. Some writing in '1' and 'none' i.e. 'Zero'
>> which then got compiled on to Intel 8085, Zilog Z80 or Motorola
>> 6809 CPU's and I also taught basic/simple programing on those
>> CPU's.
>
> [Hal Heydt] I started learning to program in 1964...so BASIC, Pascal
> languages didn't exist, and neither did microprocessors.
>
> Among languages I forgot mention...SNOBOL.

Gee Whiz!! Seems almost everyone I meet on UseNet these days is older
than me .... way older!!
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ulkbos$2om2$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27581&group=rec.arts.drwho#27581

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 14:21:16 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 14:21 UTC

In article <uljtpj$2ce6u$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>Dorothy J Heydt wrote on 16/12/23 12:16 pm:
>> In article <ul9dbu$3khib$1@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
>> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>>> In the late 80's/early 90's, I did (little bits of) BASIC, Fortran
>>> and Pascal programing. Some writing in '1' and 'none' i.e. 'Zero'
>>> which then got compiled on to Intel 8085, Zilog Z80 or Motorola
>>> 6809 CPU's and I also taught basic/simple programing on those
>>> CPU's.
>>
>> [Hal Heydt] I started learning to program in 1964...so BASIC, Pascal
>> languages didn't exist, and neither did microprocessors.
>>
>> Among languages I forgot mention...SNOBOL.
>>
>Gee Whiz!! Seems almost everyone I meet on UseNet these days is older
>than me .... way older!!
>--
>Daniel

Ha! Ha!!