To communicate is the beginning of understanding. -- AT&T

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Trevor Wilson
+* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Clocky
|`* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Trevor Wilson
| +- Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Clocky
| `* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Noddy
|  `* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Trevor Wilson
|   `* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Noddy
|    `* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?alvey
|     `- Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Xeno
+* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?alvey
|`* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Trevor Wilson
| `* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Noddy
|  +* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?alvey
|  |`- Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Clocky
|  `* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Daryl
|   +- Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Clocky
|   `* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Noddy
|    +* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Xeno
|    |`- Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Clocky
|    +- Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Yosemite Sam
|    +- Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Clocky
|    `- Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?alvey
+* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Yosemite Sam
|+* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Trevor Wilson
||`* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Clocky
|| +* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Trevor Wilson
|| |+* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Noddy
|| |`* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Daryl
|| | `* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Noddy
|| |  `- Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Daryl
|| `* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Yosemite Sam
||  `* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Clocky
||   `* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Yosemite Sam
||    +* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Xeno
||    |`* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Yosemite Sam
||    | `- Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Clocky
||    `- Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Clocky
|`- Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Clocky
+* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Peter Jason
+* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?Noddy
`* Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?alvey

Pages:123456789
Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<t3gsh1$gbe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13860&group=aus.cars#13860

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:09:11 +1000
<jbpk0tFfp62U1@mid.individual.net> <jbpki9Ffs7hU1@mid.individual.net>
<t38b0t$oru$1@dont-email.me> <jbpt90FhfklU1@mid.individual.net>
<t38k2d$di3$1@dont-email.me> <jbs3k0F18cU1@mid.individual.net>
<jbsc0mF1fqrU1@mid.individual.net>
<hkluwl6p0b9f.c4er6m2o0s5f$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbuh8rFectgU1@mid.individual.net> <jbuhngFefbvU1@mid.individual.net>
<t3d9no$v2d$1@dont-email.me> <jbvgk7FjvdlU1@mid.individual.net>
<t3ea5l$s56$1@dont-email.me> <jc13miFtch7U1@mid.individual.net>
<t3g457$4eq$1@dont-email.me> <jc1mv7F28u4U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Noddy - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 11:09 UTC

On 17/04/2022 3:30 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 17/04/2022 2:13 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> **For EXACTLY the same reason why no charges were laid to convict the
>>> O'Beids here in NSW. It took a state ICAC to investigate and lay
>>> charges. The O'Beids are resting comfortably in jail right now. Until
>>> we have a Federal ICAC, Federal politicians will continue to act like
>>> criminals.
>>
>> So, what you're saying then, is that politicians of all persuasions
>> cab get away with whatever crimes they like because there is as yet no
>> means in place to prosecute them?
>
> **Not quite. A politician couldn't shoot someone and expect to get away
> with it. However, here in NSW, the O'Beid family were involved in
> extensive corruption and some was known, but nothing much could be done
> about it, until the NSW ICAC investigated the family. ICAC, then
> referred their findings to the NSW police, who acted.

This is nonsense. Something could have *always* been done about it, but
it needed someone to bring it to the attention of the authorities before
the legal process could begin. It's not like the introduction of the
ICAC suddenly opened up a new legal path to prosecute people who were
previously immune to scrutiny.

For the Police and DPP to get involved meant that O'beid was engaged in
criminal activity, and *anyone* could have brought that to their
attention. The fact that no one did is not a failing of the system
itself, but of the people who knew about it and chose to do nothing.

>> I'm calling flat out bullshit on this. Politicians are *not* exempt
>> from the law :)
>
> **I never said they were. However, they get away with a lot of shit,
> that only a Federal ICAC can deal with. As happened in NSW. A Federal
> ICAC will keep the cunts honest. Which is why Scummo is fighting so hard
> NOT to implement a Federal ICAC.

Again, this is more rubbish. The ICAC is *not* a legal authority.

>>> Scummo promised one and never introduced the legislation.
>>
>> I posted a link the other day where the legislation was in fact tabled
>> in 2020, and it was unsupported by both sides of the house.
>
> **I will state once more: Scummo NEVER tabled his legislation.

The link I posted earlier stated that it was presented to Parliament in
2020, and it got support from no one.

>> Labor said they wouldn't introduce a carbon tax and would effectively
>> control our borders, too.
>
> **And it is a good thing that they introduced that carbon tax. We will
> see it again, soon enough.

Hopefully not.

>> And the Labor politicians who didn't move to support the bill? What
>> happens to them? :)
>
> **I will state once more: Scummo NEVER tabled his legislation.

Blindly sticking your head in the sand and pretending something didn't
happen doesn't make it so :)

>> Would you have booted out Julia Gillard for introducing a Carbon tax
>> after she publicly pledged to the electorate that she wouldn't do so?
>
> **Nope. A carbon tax has been proven to be the most cost effective
> method of reducing CO2 emissions.

I see. So apart from supporting a carbon tax that was completely
ineffectual in terms of environmental benefits, what you're saying here
is that you will happily allow politicians to bullshit their brains out
if it means they do things you like but call for the heads of those who
bullshit their brains out and do things you don't.

How do you *ever* expect to be taken seriously? :)

>> Have they? If that's the case then why did they sit on their hands
>> when the bill was tabled in 2020?
>
> **I will state once more: Scummo NEVER tabled his legislation.

State it as many times as you like Trev. No skin off my nose. But just
out of curiosity, what do you think of Albanese's claims to introduce a
bill himself by the end of 2022 if he pulls off a miracle and gets
elected, but refuses to hold an inquiry into bullying claims within his
own party?

>>> Read the list of fuck-ups and lies that I submitted previously.
>>
>> The one from The Chaser?
>
> **Yes.
>
>  The group who in their "About" section of their
>> web page describe themselves as a "satirical media empire which rivals
>> Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation in all fields except power,
>> influence, popularity and profitability".
>>
>> You mean the list provided by a comedy team? :)
>
> **Yes. If you can find fault with any of the points, then do so.

I reckon I could find *many*, but I'm not sure if there's a point.
You're going to believe what you want regardless.

>>> Voting for the same bunch of arseholes merely guarantees that we will
>>> see more fuck-ups and lies.
>>
>> But that's not what you said. What you said was that putting them back
>> into office would "tacitly allow them to be even worse next time" and
>> you haven't shown how that is the case.
>
> **They are just like children. They need to be punished for fucking up,
> not rewarded.

Okay, but you're *still* not showing that they'd be worse than before,
which was your original claim. Presumably you're now distancing yourself
from that.

> There have been many devastating events over the
>> course of this planet's history, and as relatively minor as the Covid
>> pandemic has been compared to some, calling the deaths of 6 and a
>> quarter million people an "inconvenience" is insulting to say the very
>> least.
>
> **OK, it's insulting. I find it far more insulting to claim that COVID
> restrictions, deaths and deprivations is in any way equivalent to what
> Europeans suffered in WWII, WWI, etc.

No one was saying that they were, and to be honest I have no idea how
you come to that conclusion.

>> It may have been an inconvenience to you, just like the war going on
>> now in the Ukraine is an "inconvenience" to us here in Australia
>> thanks to the effects it has had on the price of petrol. But to others
>> it is a devastating life changing event.
>
> **Sure. For the majority of people on this planet (and certainly
> Australians), COVID is an inconvenience.

As I said it's relative. 6 and a quarter million deaths is a big deal in
terms of pandemics, not to mention the number of people who came out the
other side permanently affected or the devastation caused to economies
around the globe.

You can be as dismissive as you like about this, but the world wide
effect has been significant.

>>> **My STATE government, yes. I have not received a single cent from
>>> the Feds.
>>
>> But you have Trevor. Who do you think provided you with those
>> vaccinations?
>
> **The Feds, of course. Same as pretty much everywhere.

That's right, the Feds. They supplied them so *you* didn't have to pay
for them. Pretty good benefit, huh?

>  Who supplied the RAT tests to pensioners?
>
> **There's another fuck-up. Instead of giving RATs to everyone for free,
> they keep giving expensive tests away. It's dumb.

Not really. Give the tests to people who can't afford them, but if you
can then pay for them as you need them.

>  Who provided the
>> funds to state governments to pay for lab testing?
>
> **The same guys who DIDN'T give RATs to everyone. 3 Bucks for a RAT. 100
> Bucks for a lab test. Someone in the government is not thinking
> straight. Maybe they're helping their mates in the labs?

Lol :)

Do you understand how unreliable rat tests are? I've had three. One came
back negative, one came back positive, and one came back with no result
at all. I on the two occasions I had non negative results I followed up
with PCR tests just to be sure, and on both occasions I was negative.

It's not about the money. At least not in the begining. It was about
maintaining the most reliable data possible so contagions could be
traced and stopped.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<t3gtbv$m3b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13861&group=aus.cars#13861

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:23:40 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 11:23 UTC

On 17/04/2022 3:46 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 17/04/2022 1:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 17/04/2022 11:22 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>> On 17/04/2022 10:11 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>>
>>>   I examined 27 (TWENTY SEVEN) facilities that met
>>> **Oops. Should read:
>>>
>>>   I examined 27 (TWENTY SEVEN) facilities that failed to meet
>>> my standards of care.
>>
>> Your standards of care are completely irrelevant. You don't make the
>> rules.
>>

> **THAT'S THE PROBLEM! The Feds have failed miserably in putting rules in
> place. Rules surrounding minimum staff levels, food quality and full
> time nurses are desperately needed.
>
> Here's the thing: My brother-in-law placed my (65 year old) sister into
> the same aged care facility that I placed my mother in. He did so, based
> on my investigation that revealed the facility, had excellent staff to
> resident ratios, full time nurses and excellent (really excellent) food,
> cooked on the facility. The cost was fair too. My mother died a couple
> of years back and after, the facility was bought out by a larger
> company. They INSTANTLY did several things:
>
> * Reduced staff levels by 30%.
> * Cut nursing staff, such that nurses were only on duty during 9 ~ 5.
> * Cut kitchen staff and brought in all frozen meals from interstate.
>
> My sister died six months later. She died, due to lack of proper care
> (one bed sore was around 170mm across). She spent 27 days in the
> palliative care wing of Sutherland hospital. It was truly gut-wrenching,
> watching my sister die. She was given no food nor water during those 27
> days. Just morphine.
>
> What am I to make of that? Several things:
>
> * The cunts who own and operate the aged care facility need to be
> punished. They weren't, despite numerous communications to the
> government oversight system.
>
> * The cunts in government who failed to place proper standards for aged
> care facilities should be condemned to live in the place where my sister
> was murdered for the rest of their miserable lives.
>
> * The cunts in all governments who object to voluntary euthanasia should
> watch someone who is dying in a palliative care section of their local
> hospital. Scummo is one of those cunts. Scummo is beneath contempt. He
> and his band of cunts is, in part, responsible for the miserable way my
> sister died.
>
> You can vote for those cunts, but you want to hope like Hell you don't
> end up in the aged care system. It is fucked.

There is no such thing as a perfect system, and you can never please
everyone. It's been much the same in the disability sector for many
years, and all the introduction of the NDIS seems to have achieved is to
implement rorting on a whole new level.

It will *never* be perfect, because "perfect" is unaffordable. The true
cost to provide care at a standard that you *would* accept is simply
quite beyond the limits of most people, which is why there is such a
large disparity in pricing between private and government funded care
centres. In a way it's like comparing meals on wheels to a privately
owned restaurant that delivers. You can get all the high quality food
you like delivered to your door on a nightly basis, but you sure as shit
ain't going to be getting it at the $4.70 fee that Meals on Wheels gets
to deliver creamed pumkin slop in a tin foil bowl.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<t3gtnj$ocm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13862&group=aus.cars#13862

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:29:52 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 11:29 UTC

On 17/04/2022 3:44 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 17/4/2022 2:44 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Just to show you what I'm talking about, it is a Greens policy to
>> build a million new "low cost" publicly owned homes to ease the public
>> housing crisis, and help first home owners get into the housing
>> market. How they're going to pay for that I'm fucked if I know, as
>> when you look at their costings all they ever seem to point to is
>> "taxing the rich and big business".
>
> Its comical, people who have the money to build a new house can't find a
> builder so where are they going to find qualified builders to build a
> millions homes?
> Even if its spread out over 20yrs its still not achievable.
> If the Govt suddenly started supplying a million "low cost" homes why
> would anyone in their right mind want to "get into the housing market"?

It's all pie in the sky shit that we could *never* afford in a million
years.

>> They want to limit defence spending, provide free education up to and
>> including university degrees, have free unlimited dental and mental
>> health care, free child care, and end to fossil fuel use, and they
>> want to raise the dole to 88 bucks a day :)
>
> Mostly wonderful ideals but they are dreaming if they think they can pay
> for any of it, the money simply doesn't exist and raising taxes isn't
> going to win them any votes, the "rich and big business" will just shut
> up shop and go elsewhere increasing unemployment and decreasing the tax
> take.
> In today's international climate on the brink of WW3 limiting defence
> spending isn't a great plan.

Nope, and this is the problem with socialist ideals.

Nutbags like Adam Bandt think we can all sit around in a field of
daisies holding hands and singing Kumbaya while chucking endless streams
of money at projects designed to make *everyone's* life a picturesque
dream in a world full of good time jolly happy feeling.

Their one classic failing with all that unicorn riding bullshit is that
they seem completely oblivious to the fact that we live in a world where
you need *real* money to pay for everything, and that doesn't just
magically appear every time you click your fingers.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<t3gu1d$q2n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13863&group=aus.cars#13863

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:35:09 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 11:35 UTC

On 17/04/2022 2:51 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> You really need to broaden your reading. Try to read anything other than
> Murdoch shit.

ROTFL :)

That's really funny coming from a bloke who quotes Fairfax media reports
as if they're the last great bastion of media integrity :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc2gpjF6tseU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13871&group=aus.cars#13871

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 22:50:59 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 12:50 UTC

On 17/4/2022 9:35 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 17/04/2022 2:51 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>> You really need to broaden your reading. Try to read anything other
>> than Murdoch shit.
>
> ROTFL :)
>
> That's really funny coming from a bloke who quotes Fairfax media reports
> as if they're the last great bastion of media integrity :)

Not the last but simply one of very few remaining.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc2j3cF7fghU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13876&group=aus.cars#13876

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 23:30:18 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 13:30 UTC

On 17/4/2022 4:29 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 17/04/2022 3:21 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> **Labor, The Greens, Independents.

>>> **You mean Communists like these guys?
>>>
>>> https://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-change/no-one-s-married-to-coal-how-forrest-is-taking-on-the-world-to-save-the-climate-20220415-p5adoo.html
>>>

>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-23/nt-sun-cable-project-solar-farm-cost-size-increase/100487452
>>>

>>> That's two of Australia's richest commies, who are spending big
>>> Bucks, betting on the future.
>>
>> Nice but what is their connection to the Greens?
>
> **Read the articles. According to you, they are Communists.
>
>> Are they Greens party members or Greens politicians?
>
> **No idea, but their ideals match the Greens very nicely.
>

>>> You really need to broaden your reading. Try to read anything other
>>> than Murdoch shit.
>>
>> ROTFL, I don't read "Murdoch shit", I also watch very little
>> commercial TV and none of the garbage they call "news".
>> I skim through the ABC news web site most mornings whilst having
>> breakfast and occasionally Google news but don't bother with anything
>> else calling itself "news".

>>> **We don't need to. We just need to inject enough Greens and
>>> independents so that Laboral can't ride roughshod over the people.

>>> **You mean like it did with Julia Gillard?
>>>
>>> https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jun/28/australia-productive-prime-minister
>>>

>>> "Julia Gillard had the highest rate of passing legislation with a
>>> rate of 0.495, followed by Bob Hawke at 0.491:"
>>>
>>> And she was in a MINORITY government. Gillard got more done  than
>>> that idiot hero of yours - Tony Abbott.
>>

>> ROTFL, IMHO Abbott was appalling, stuffed if I know how you could
>> think he was my "hero"?
>> John Howard was even worse.
>
> **Because you are a rusted-on COALition supporter.

ROTFL, it wasn't that long ago that I was "accused" of being a Labor
supporter.
Its been relatively recently that I started voting Liberal, I've voted
Labor a lot more often than I have voted Liberal and in local Govt
elections I've always voted for independents.
I started to vote Liberal in state elections simply because where I used
to live is a safe Labor seat, because it was such a safe seat we got
nothing from Labor and the Liberals also did nothing for the area when
they were in Govt because no one voted for them, the aim was to reduce
Labors margin and make it a marginal seat.
At the last state election there was huge swing against Labor, they
still held the seat but voters put them on notice and things started to
happen, we were promised the duplication of the rail line in 1977, it
finally happened a couple of years ago not long after the big swing
against Labor.
Local GP's have been pushing for a local hospital, after Labors kick up
the arse at the last election all of a sudden the hospital is well into
its planning stages and land has been purchased.
After my business was shafted by Vic Labor there is no way I could trust
them in any shape or form.
To get me to vote Labor again they would need someone of the caliber of
Hawke and those sort of leaders are very thin on the ground so I vote
for the lessor of the 2 evils, voting for anyone other than the 2 majors
is just a wasted vote.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<1vawqsgg22uhn$.pd8ap0kgqf86.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13880&group=aus.cars#13880

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 06:47:22 +1000
References: <jbp7d9Fdje0U1@mid.individual.net> <jbpk0tFfp62U1@mid.individual.net> <jbpki9Ffs7hU1@mid.individual.net> <t38b0t$oru$1@dont-email.me> <jbpt90FhfklU1@mid.individual.net> <t38k2d$di3$1@dont-email.me> <jbs3k0F18cU1@mid.individual.net> <jbsc0mF1fqrU1@mid.individual.net> <hkluwl6p0b9f.c4er6m2o0s5f$.dlg@40tude.net> <jbuh8rFectgU1@mid.individual.net> <ahb9pkgjdvw3.9oiovxd8v69j.dlg@40tude.net> <jbuq0mFfsojU1@mid.individual.net> <rt7ks7oo2c1l.1g6b4xhlipcya.dlg@40tude.net> <jc1k15F1oboU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: alvey - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 20:47 UTC

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 14:40:09 +1000, felix wrote:

> On 17/04/2022 7:10 am, alvey wrote:

>>> there's nothing wrong with my reasoning. what I said is correct, and
>>> Trevor agreed.
>> Well derr, of course there's no way of knowing.
>
> so why did you disagree then

You've grabbed the bull by the tits here felix, I didn't "disagree" (how
could one), I pointed out that your nutso position meant that you would
never change your vote.

Anyhoo, I'll leave you with my Easter thought.

I wish the ALP could raise Albo from the dead.

alvey

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<1fwt785ykik3i$.1l0j20mp04mnj$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13881&group=aus.cars#13881

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 07:02:34 +1000
References: <jbp7d9Fdje0U1@mid.individual.net> <t38j6d$6sh$1@dont-email.me> <jbq9i1Fjp1sU2@mid.individual.net> <t392dl$lke$1@dont-email.me> <1i7xs4w83rl7x.18penjcpq7bqv.dlg@40tude.net> <jbrukuFtig2U1@mid.individual.net> <t3agha$9lp$2@dont-email.me> <jbs00hFtskrU1@mid.individual.net> <1vb2wrchv13bu.rkjwco6bzy6e$.dlg@40tude.net> <jbs8nnFt0bU1@mid.individual.net> <1fhznzp1xtm1b$.19xmvfcqpyn3o$.dlg@40tude.net> <jbt1q4F5h33U1@mid.individual.net> <11rbui8ljanus$.1ts65hqb8eyq8$.dlg@40tude.net> <jbugo7Fea8vU1@mid.individual.net> <11bc5i46gr4rs$.1bkfbseb801ml.dlg@40tude.net> <jc1l82F1uhkU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: alvey - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:02 UTC

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 15:00:54 +1000, felix wrote:

> On 17/04/2022 8:30 am, alvey wrote:

>>> wrongerestering. it's not a statement of fact! it's not something that
>>> needs to be proven. it's speculation/opinion/belief. if you tell me you
>>> can do something and I say "I bet you can't", I'm not saying you cannot,
>>> I'm saying I don't believe you can. if I had just said "you can't" that
>>> would be a claim that you cannot do it.
>> Wrongerest + infinity + 1.
>>
>> Nope. Your "I bet..." is an affirmative declaration.
>
> call it what you will, but it's not something that needs to be proven,

Really? So exactly how is it different to Gubbins saying, "I owned a garage
in the Slough Industrial Estate for years".
> as you initially said, and as I've taken pains to explain to you. if I
> say "I bet you're a lousy cricket player" do I need to prove it?

Of course you don't! Unless someone takes that bet...

>> Translated into
>> unambiguous English you are saying, "Hullo, my name is felix and I'm
>> attempting a weasel.
>
> you mean translated in alvenish..

You mean 'alveyish'.

>> I'll be voting for the Libs until I cark it.
>
> you shouldn't make assumptions, and make a fool of yourself in public.

Meh.

> I don't vote Liberal

Oh yeah. I forgot. You vote ON...

alvey

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc3kfkFdk3kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13886&group=aus.cars#13886

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 09:00:04 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 23:00 UTC

On 17/04/2022 9:23 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 17/04/2022 3:46 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Your standards of care are completely irrelevant. You don't make the
>>> rules.
>>>

>> **THAT'S THE PROBLEM! The Feds have failed miserably in putting rules
>> in place. Rules surrounding minimum staff levels, food quality and
>> full time nurses are desperately needed.
>>
>> Here's the thing: My brother-in-law placed my (65 year old) sister
>> into the same aged care facility that I placed my mother in. He did
>> so, based on my investigation that revealed the facility, had
>> excellent staff to resident ratios, full time nurses and excellent
>> (really excellent) food, cooked on the facility. The cost was fair
>> too. My mother died a couple of years back and after, the facility was
>> bought out by a larger company. They INSTANTLY did several things:
>>
>> * Reduced staff levels by 30%.
>> * Cut nursing staff, such that nurses were only on duty during 9 ~ 5.
>> * Cut kitchen staff and brought in all frozen meals from interstate.
>>
>> My sister died six months later. She died, due to lack of proper care
>> (one bed sore was around 170mm across). She spent 27 days in the
>> palliative care wing of Sutherland hospital. It was truly
>> gut-wrenching, watching my sister die. She was given no food nor water
>> during those 27 days. Just morphine.
>>
>> What am I to make of that? Several things:
>>
>> * The cunts who own and operate the aged care facility need to be
>> punished. They weren't, despite numerous communications to the
>> government oversight system.
>>
>> * The cunts in government who failed to place proper standards for
>> aged care facilities should be condemned to live in the place where my
>> sister was murdered for the rest of their miserable lives.
>>
>> * The cunts in all governments who object to voluntary euthanasia
>> should watch someone who is dying in a palliative care section of
>> their local hospital. Scummo is one of those cunts. Scummo is beneath
>> contempt. He and his band of cunts is, in part, responsible for the
>> miserable way my sister died.
>>
>> You can vote for those cunts, but you want to hope like Hell you don't
>> end up in the aged care system. It is fucked.
>
> There is no such thing as a perfect system, and you can never please
> everyone.

**I will re-state: The COALition has failed miserably to introduce
mandatory staff and nurse levels in aged care facilities. This results
in people dying.

It's been much the same in the disability sector for many
> years, and all the introduction of the NDIS seems to have achieved is to
> implement rorting on a whole new level.

**I have no experience with the NDIS, but I have some experience with
aged care. Let me tell you some more horror stories:

My partner's parents were assessed as Level 4 home care. My partner
thought: "That's great. They will receive the in-home care they need. It
will keep them in their own home and cost the taxpayer far less than
sticking them into residential care."

WRONG.

Although they were assessed as Level 4, there is no Level 4 capacity in
the system. As a consequence, my partner and I had to locate a MUCH more
expensive (for taxpayers and her parents) residential care facility.

The government is fucked. They bang on about in-home care, but fail
miserably to provide sufficient funds for the system to work. Not only
that, but the system is riddled with corruption and scam artists. The
worst, IME, is Anglicare. Yeah, I know, it's ironic that a nominally
Christian organisation is fucked, but it is. Now I despise Catholics,
but they have, so far, provided the best care I've yet seen in the sector.

> It will *never* be perfect, because "perfect" is unaffordable.

**Of course it's affordable. My sister was treated with dignity and her
medical needs were met with 24/7 nursing. The company that owned the
facility she was in, made a modest profit (yes, I spoke with the owner a
few times). Not a fortune, but the 4 facilities he owned kept him in
brand new AMG Mercs every couple of years. However, when the new company
took over, they wanted even more profit. My sister died as a direct
consequence of:

* Greed from the new company.
* Utter disregard for aged care by the Scummo government, who refuses to
insist on 24/7 nursing staff and adequate care staffing levels.

The true
> cost to provide care at a standard that you *would* accept is simply
> quite beyond the limits of most people, which is why there is such a
> large disparity in pricing between private and government funded care
> centres.

**Is there? How much? My mother and sister were in what I would call
'budget' aged care. Even so, the company turned a decent profit.

In a way it's like comparing meals on wheels to a privately
> owned restaurant that delivers. You can get all the high quality food
> you like delivered to your door on a nightly basis, but you sure as shit
> ain't going to be getting it at the $4.70 fee that Meals on Wheels gets
> to deliver creamed pumkin slop in a tin foil bowl.
>
> I'm sorry for your loss.

**Thank you. I'm still very, very angry.

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc3n43Fe3epU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13888&group=aus.cars#13888

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 09:45:07 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 23:45 UTC

On 17/04/2022 9:35 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 17/04/2022 2:51 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>> You really need to broaden your reading. Try to read anything other
>> than Murdoch shit.
>
> ROTFL :)
>
> That's really funny coming from a bloke who quotes Fairfax media reports
> as if they're the last great bastion of media integrity :)

**It is now NINE media. And, unlike Murdoch shit, it is reasonably well
balanced reporting. Don't forget: One of SMH's most respected reporters
is in no small part responsible for seeing several NSW Labor pollies
being locked up for a long time.

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<t3i9e0$97d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13890&group=aus.cars#13890

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 09:55:42 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 23:55 UTC

On 18/04/2022 9:00 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 17/04/2022 9:23 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> There is no such thing as a perfect system, and you can never please
>> everyone.
>
> **I will re-state: The COALition has failed miserably to introduce
> mandatory staff and nurse levels in aged care facilities. This results
> in people dying.

Just to correct you here, both Labor *and* Liberal have failed to do
anything about aged care, as it is a problem that has existed for a very
long time and not just one that as sprang up on the current government's
watch.

At least the current government acknowledged the problem and instigated
a royal commission. The important point will be to see if they act on
it's recommendations.

>  It's been much the same in the disability sector for many
>> years, and all the introduction of the NDIS seems to have achieved is
>> to implement rorting on a whole new level.
>
> **I have no experience with the NDIS,

NDIS is a mess

> but I have some experience with
> aged care. Let me tell you some more horror stories:
>
> My partner's parents were assessed as Level 4 home care. My partner
> thought: "That's great. They will receive the in-home care they need. It
> will keep them in their own home and cost the taxpayer far less than
> sticking them into residential care."
>
> WRONG.
>
> Although they were assessed as Level 4, there is no Level 4 capacity in
> the system. As a consequence, my partner and I had to locate a MUCH more
> expensive (for taxpayers and her parents) residential care facility.
>
> The government is fucked. They bang on about in-home care, but fail
> miserably to provide sufficient funds for the system to work. Not only
> that, but the system is riddled with corruption and scam artists. The
> worst, IME, is Anglicare. Yeah, I know, it's ironic that a nominally
> Christian organisation is fucked, but it is. Now I despise Catholics,
> but they have, so far, provided the best care I've yet seen in the sector.

A surprise, huh? :)

>> It will *never* be perfect, because "perfect" is unaffordable.
>
> **Of course it's affordable. My sister was treated with dignity and her
> medical needs were met with 24/7 nursing. The company that owned the
> facility she was in, made a modest profit (yes, I spoke with the owner a
> few times). Not a fortune, but the 4 facilities he owned kept him in
> brand new AMG Mercs every couple of years. However, when the new company
> took over, they wanted even more profit. My sister died as a direct
> consequence of:
>
> * Greed from the new company.
> * Utter disregard for aged care by the Scummo government, who refuses to
> insist on 24/7 nursing staff and adequate care staffing levels.

That's a pretty big call.

>  The true
>> cost to provide care at a standard that you *would* accept is simply
>> quite beyond the limits of most people, which is why there is such a
>> large disparity in pricing between private and government funded care
>> centres.
>
> **Is there? How much? My mother and sister were in what I would call
> 'budget' aged care. Even so, the company turned a decent profit.
>
>  In a way it's like comparing meals on wheels to a privately
>> owned restaurant that delivers. You can get all the high quality food
>> you like delivered to your door on a nightly basis, but you sure as
>> shit ain't going to be getting it at the $4.70 fee that Meals on
>> Wheels gets to deliver creamed pumkin slop in a tin foil bowl.
>>
>> I'm sorry for your loss.
>
> **Thank you. I'm still very, very angry.

I'm sure you are.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc3rheFerpoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13894&group=aus.cars#13894

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:00:46 +1000
<jbq9i1Fjp1sU2@mid.individual.net> <t392dl$lke$1@dont-email.me>
<1i7xs4w83rl7x.18penjcpq7bqv.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbrukuFtig2U1@mid.individual.net> <t3agha$9lp$2@dont-email.me>
<jbs00hFtskrU1@mid.individual.net>
<1vb2wrchv13bu.rkjwco6bzy6e$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbs8nnFt0bU1@mid.individual.net>
<1fhznzp1xtm1b$.19xmvfcqpyn3o$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbt1q4F5h33U1@mid.individual.net>
<11rbui8ljanus$.1ts65hqb8eyq8$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbugo7Fea8vU1@mid.individual.net>
<11bc5i46gr4rs$.1bkfbseb801ml.dlg@40tude.net>
<jc1l82F1uhkU1@mid.individual.net>
<1fwt785ykik3i$.1l0j20mp04mnj$.dlg@40tude.net>
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 01:00 UTC

On 18/04/2022 7:02 am, alvey wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 15:00:54 +1000, felix wrote:

>>> Wrongerest + infinity + 1.
>>>
>>> Nope. Your "I bet..." is an affirmative declaration.
>> call it what you will, but it's not something that needs to be proven,
> Really? So exactly how is it different to Gubbins saying, "I owned a garage
> in the Slough Industrial Estate for years".

because he's stating a fact. how many times do I have to explain it?

I said .. "i'll bet a similar list could easily be made for any period
Labor was in office" I didn't say .. "a similar list has been made for
any period Labor was in office"

>> as you initially said, and as I've taken pains to explain to you. if I
>> say "I bet you're a lousy cricket player" do I need to prove it?
> Of course you don't! Unless someone takes that bet...

so why have you been disagreeing with me? and even if you said "prove
it" i could still decline to do so, just as noddy did when he said
"Sorry Trevor. That would take *way* more energy than I'd ever be
willing to commit to the exercise" which is what started this debate.

>>> Translated into
>>> unambiguous English you are saying, "Hullo, my name is felix and I'm
>>> attempting a weasel.
>> you mean translated in alvenish..
> You mean 'alveyish'.

my bad

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc3s0cFeu70U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13896&group=aus.cars#13896

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:08:43 +1000
<jbpk0tFfp62U1@mid.individual.net> <jbpki9Ffs7hU1@mid.individual.net>
<t38b0t$oru$1@dont-email.me> <jbpt90FhfklU1@mid.individual.net>
<t38k2d$di3$1@dont-email.me> <jbs3k0F18cU1@mid.individual.net>
<jbsc0mF1fqrU1@mid.individual.net>
<hkluwl6p0b9f.c4er6m2o0s5f$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbuh8rFectgU1@mid.individual.net> <ahb9pkgjdvw3.9oiovxd8v69j.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbuq0mFfsojU1@mid.individual.net>
<rt7ks7oo2c1l.1g6b4xhlipcya.dlg@40tude.net>
<jc1k15F1oboU1@mid.individual.net>
<1vawqsgg22uhn$.pd8ap0kgqf86.dlg@40tude.net>
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 01:08 UTC

On 18/04/2022 6:47 am, alvey wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 14:40:09 +1000, felix wrote:

>>> Well derr, of course there's no way of knowing.
>> so why did you disagree then
> You've grabbed the bull by the tits here felix, I didn't "disagree" (how
> could one), I pointed out that your nutso position meant that you would
> never change your vote.

and I 'pointed out' why you were/are wrong and that there's nothing
'nutso' about my 'position' and you snipped it all!

> Anyhoo, I'll leave you with my Easter thought.
>
> I wish the ALP could raise Albo from the dead.

Shorten would be better

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<l9umt1rkz3lg$.1kmdf92kua43p$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13899&group=aus.cars#13899

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:44:54 +1000
References: <jbp7d9Fdje0U1@mid.individual.net> <t38j6d$6sh$1@dont-email.me> <jbq9i1Fjp1sU2@mid.individual.net> <t392dl$lke$1@dont-email.me> <1i7xs4w83rl7x.18penjcpq7bqv.dlg@40tude.net> <jbrukuFtig2U1@mid.individual.net> <t3agha$9lp$2@dont-email.me> <jbs00hFtskrU1@mid.individual.net> <1vb2wrchv13bu.rkjwco6bzy6e$.dlg@40tude.net> <jbs8nnFt0bU1@mid.individual.net> <1fhznzp1xtm1b$.19xmvfcqpyn3o$.dlg@40tude.net> <jbt1q4F5h33U1@mid.individual.net> <11rbui8ljanus$.1ts65hqb8eyq8$.dlg@40tude.net> <jbugo7Fea8vU1@mid.individual.net> <11bc5i46gr4rs$.1bkfbseb801ml.dlg@40tude.net> <jc1l82F1uhkU1@mid.individual.net> <1fwt785ykik3i$.1l0j20mp04mnj$.dlg@40tude.net> <jc3rheFerpoU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: alvey - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 01:44 UTC

On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:00:46 +1000, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> On 18/04/2022 7:02 am, alvey wrote:

>>> call it what you will, but it's not something that needs to be proven,
>> Really? So exactly how is it different to Gubbins saying, "I owned a garage
>> in the Slough Industrial Estate for years".
>
> because he's stating a fact. how many times do I have to explain it?

Can't say. As you aren't getting any closer to being right it looks like it
could be a big number.

> I said .. "i'll bet a similar list could easily be made for any period
> Labor was in office" I didn't say .. "a similar list has been made for
> any period Labor was in office"

Yep, it's a Mexican standoff. You think that your interpretation of "I'll
bet" is correct and I *know* that it isn't...

Later ON voter.

alvey

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc3vv3Ffjs4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13900&group=aus.cars#13900

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:16:17 +1000
<jbq9i1Fjp1sU2@mid.individual.net> <t392dl$lke$1@dont-email.me>
<1i7xs4w83rl7x.18penjcpq7bqv.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbrukuFtig2U1@mid.individual.net> <t3agha$9lp$2@dont-email.me>
<jbs00hFtskrU1@mid.individual.net>
<1vb2wrchv13bu.rkjwco6bzy6e$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbs8nnFt0bU1@mid.individual.net>
<1fhznzp1xtm1b$.19xmvfcqpyn3o$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbt1q4F5h33U1@mid.individual.net>
<11rbui8ljanus$.1ts65hqb8eyq8$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbugo7Fea8vU1@mid.individual.net>
<11bc5i46gr4rs$.1bkfbseb801ml.dlg@40tude.net>
<jc1l82F1uhkU1@mid.individual.net>
<1fwt785ykik3i$.1l0j20mp04mnj$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jc3rheFerpoU1@mid.individual.net>
<l9umt1rkz3lg$.1kmdf92kua43p$.dlg@40tude.net>
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 02:16 UTC

On 18/04/2022 11:44 am, alvey wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:00:46 +1000, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> Really? So exactly how is it different to Gubbins saying, "I owned a garage
>>> in the Slough Industrial Estate for years".
>> because he's stating a fact. how many times do I have to explain it?
> Can't say. As you aren't getting any closer to being right it looks like it
> could be a big number.

I am right and you're wrong and I've proved it with rational argument
that you snip

>> I said .. "i'll bet a similar list could easily be made for any period
>> Labor was in office" I didn't say .. "a similar list has been made for
>> any period Labor was in office"
> Yep, it's a Mexican standoff. You think that your interpretation of "I'll
> bet" is correct and I *know* that it isn't...

it you can't tell the difference between stating a fact and making a
comment then that's your problem, not mine.

> Later ON voter.

another assumption. keep making a fool of yourself if you wish

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<t3iih8$tqi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13901&group=aus.cars#13901

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:31:02 +1000
 by: Noddy - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 02:31 UTC

On 18/04/2022 9:45 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 17/04/2022 9:35 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 17/04/2022 2:51 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> You really need to broaden your reading. Try to read anything other
>>> than Murdoch shit.
>>
>> ROTFL :)
>>
>> That's really funny coming from a bloke who quotes Fairfax media
>> reports as if they're the last great bastion of media integrity :)
>
> **It is now NINE media. And, unlike Murdoch shit, it is reasonably well
> balanced reporting.

Why? Because you happen to agree with what they say?

I'm often amused by people who claim they can "pick truth in journalism"
when the basis on which that claim is made is whether or not they agree
with the editorial :)

> Don't forget: One of SMH's most respected reporters
> is in no small part responsible for seeing several NSW Labor pollies
> being locked up for a long time.

I'll take your word for it Trev. In my opinion the term "respected
reporter" is an oxymoron in the same sense as "honest car salesperson"
would be.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc4a2dFhaq9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13909&group=aus.cars#13909

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 15:08:27 +1000
<jbq9i1Fjp1sU2@mid.individual.net> <t392dl$lke$1@dont-email.me>
<1i7xs4w83rl7x.18penjcpq7bqv.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbrukuFtig2U1@mid.individual.net> <t3agha$9lp$2@dont-email.me>
<jbs00hFtskrU1@mid.individual.net>
<1vb2wrchv13bu.rkjwco6bzy6e$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbs8nnFt0bU1@mid.individual.net>
<1fhznzp1xtm1b$.19xmvfcqpyn3o$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbt1q4F5h33U1@mid.individual.net>
<11rbui8ljanus$.1ts65hqb8eyq8$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbugo7Fea8vU1@mid.individual.net>
<11bc5i46gr4rs$.1bkfbseb801ml.dlg@40tude.net>
<jc1l82F1uhkU1@mid.individual.net>
<1fwt785ykik3i$.1l0j20mp04mnj$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jc3rheFerpoU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Xeno - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 05:08 UTC

On 18/4/2022 11:00 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 18/04/2022 7:02 am, alvey wrote:

>>> call it what you will, but it's not something that needs to be proven,
>> Really? So exactly how is it different to Gubbins saying, "I owned a
>> garage
>> in the Slough Industrial Estate for years".
>

> because he's stating a fact. how many times do I have to explain it?

Ummmm, Darren was making a false claim! He does that a lot! ;-)

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc4r67Fkg44U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13917&group=aus.cars#13917

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 20:00:54 +1000
<jbq9i1Fjp1sU2@mid.individual.net> <t392dl$lke$1@dont-email.me>
<1i7xs4w83rl7x.18penjcpq7bqv.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbrukuFtig2U1@mid.individual.net> <t3agha$9lp$2@dont-email.me>
<jbs00hFtskrU1@mid.individual.net>
<1vb2wrchv13bu.rkjwco6bzy6e$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbs8nnFt0bU1@mid.individual.net>
<1fhznzp1xtm1b$.19xmvfcqpyn3o$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbt1q4F5h33U1@mid.individual.net>
<11rbui8ljanus$.1ts65hqb8eyq8$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jbugo7Fea8vU1@mid.individual.net>
<11bc5i46gr4rs$.1bkfbseb801ml.dlg@40tude.net>
<jc1l82F1uhkU1@mid.individual.net>
<1fwt785ykik3i$.1l0j20mp04mnj$.dlg@40tude.net>
<jc3rheFerpoU1@mid.individual.net> <jc4a2dFhaq9U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 10:00 UTC

On 18/04/2022 3:08 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 18/4/2022 11:00 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> Really? So exactly how is it different to Gubbins saying, "I owned a
>>> garage
>>> in the Slough Industrial Estate for years".
>>

>> because he's stating a fact. how many times do I have to explain it?
>
> Ummmm, Darren was making a false claim! He does that a lot!  ;-)

yes, I wasn't suggesting what he said was true, just that it's
ostensibly a statement of fact.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<1i7t7k5k5m1mc.13mn4a8ybigr7.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13920&group=aus.cars#13920

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 06:59:23 +1000
 by: alvey - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 20:59 UTC

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 10:15:39 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> Appalling:
>
> https://chaser.com.au/national/an-exhaustive-list-of-the-liberal-partys-corruption-over-the-last-7-years/?fbclid=IwAR2Ac3-VOZ2OBt2PL3aHEZSEbYBeig78oZCG6zqE7lidgWMc04am5_NwP40

HTH

https://tinyurl.com/5nryz3vk

alvey

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc6at4Ftc29U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13921&group=aus.cars#13921

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 09:35:19 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 23:35 UTC

On 19/04/2022 6:59 am, alvey wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 10:15:39 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>> Appalling:
>>
>> https://chaser.com.au/national/an-exhaustive-list-of-the-liberal-partys-corruption-over-the-last-7-years/?fbclid=IwAR2Ac3-VOZ2OBt2PL3aHEZSEbYBeig78oZCG6zqE7lidgWMc04am5_NwP40
> HTH
>
> https://tinyurl.com/5nryz3vk

except for the fact that he was booed as widely reported in the media
eg; https://tinyurl.com/2p9de4bf

HTH

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<1a4vsdilmkexi$.1foz08kc3drj$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13922&group=aus.cars#13922

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 10:08:30 +1000
 by: alvey - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 00:08 UTC

On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 09:35:19 +1000, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> On 19/04/2022 6:59 am, alvey wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 10:15:39 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> Appalling:
>>>
>>> https://chaser.com.au/national/an-exhaustive-list-of-the-liberal-partys-corruption-over-the-last-7-years/?fbclid=IwAR2Ac3-VOZ2OBt2PL3aHEZSEbYBeig78oZCG6zqE7lidgWMc04am5_NwP40
>> HTH
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/5nryz3vk
>
> except for the fact that he was booed as widely reported in the media
> eg; https://tinyurl.com/2p9de4bf
>
> HTH

Ummmm. Thanks for providing an example of what the mighty BA was having a
laugh about.

Now, have a guess who owns most of the media in Oz?
And some hot news for you. The Chaiman of Ch Nine is Peter Costello. That
name ring any bells?

alvey

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc6dk7FtrcuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13923&group=aus.cars#13923

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 10:21:27 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 00:21 UTC

On 19/04/2022 6:59 am, alvey wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 10:15:39 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>> Appalling:
>>
>> https://chaser.com.au/national/an-exhaustive-list-of-the-liberal-partys-corruption-over-the-last-7-years/?fbclid=IwAR2Ac3-VOZ2OBt2PL3aHEZSEbYBeig78oZCG6zqE7lidgWMc04am5_NwP40
>
> HTH
>
> https://tinyurl.com/5nryz3vk
>

> alvey

**Gotta love Betoota.

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<t3l14p$d6r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13926&group=aus.cars#13926

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 10:52:39 +1000
 by: Noddy - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 00:52 UTC

On 19/04/2022 10:21 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 19/04/2022 6:59 am, alvey wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 10:15:39 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> Appalling:
>>>
>>> https://chaser.com.au/national/an-exhaustive-list-of-the-liberal-partys-corruption-over-the-last-7-years/?fbclid=IwAR2Ac3-VOZ2OBt2PL3aHEZSEbYBeig78oZCG6zqE7lidgWMc04am5_NwP40
>>>

>> HTH
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/5nryz3vk
>>

>> alvey
>>

> **Gotta love Betoota.

Gotta love the one sided bullshit reporting you mean? Which in itself is
incredibly ironic given that that's what they're complaining about in
this case :)

Here's a short grab from an amateur phone video taken by an audience
member who was there at the time, and it's *clearly* evident from this
who's talking shit and who isn't:

> https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2022/04/17/2521759649747322965/640x360_MP4_2521759649747322965.mp4

That's the thing about media really. Claims of "bias" are usually biased
themselves :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc6gumFud2iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13927&group=aus.cars#13927

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:18:11 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 01:18 UTC

On 19/04/2022 10:52 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/04/2022 10:21 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> HTH
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/5nryz3vk
>>>

>>> alvey
>>>

>> **Gotta love Betoota.
>
> Gotta love the one sided bullshit reporting you mean? Which in itself is
> incredibly ironic given that that's what they're complaining about in
> this case :)
>
> Here's a short grab from an amateur phone video taken by an audience
> member who was there at the time, and it's *clearly* evident from this
> who's talking shit and who isn't:
>
>> https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2022/04/17/2521759649747322965/640x360_MP4_2521759649747322965.mp4
>>

> That's the thing about media really. Claims of "bias" are usually biased
> themselves :)

**I read the Betoota Advocate regularly. They punish Labor almost as
often as they punish the COALition, though I admit they are clearly
left-leaning.

FWIW: I don't care about a bunch of yobbos booing ANY politician, nor do
I care that Albo and Scummo fucked up completely when citing some data
that some journo thought they should remember. It is just so banal.

I use a particular transistor for a lot of my work. I keep around 50 ~
60 in stock at any one time. Part number: 2SC5200. I've been using them
for 20 years. Can I tell you, off the top of my head what the VCEO, hFE,
or fT is? Nope. I know those numbers, VERY roughly. If I need to find
out the accurate data, I just look it up. Like a normal human being.

In the same way, I don't expect a politician to know how much the dole
is, nor the precise data on unemployment. I DO expect them to know
approximately what the atmospheric CO2 levels are.

Re: OT: Remind me: Why would anyone vote for these crooks?

<jc6hunF1lkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13928&group=aus.cars#13928

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:35:18 +1000
 by: Xeno - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 01:35 UTC

On 19/4/2022 10:52 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/04/2022 10:21 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> HTH
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/5nryz3vk
>>>

>>> alvey
>>>

>> **Gotta love Betoota.
>
> Gotta love the one sided bullshit reporting you mean? Which in itself is
> incredibly ironic given that that's what they're complaining about in
> this case :)
>
> Here's a short grab from an amateur phone video taken by an audience
> member who was there at the time, and it's *clearly* evident from this
> who's talking shit and who isn't:
>
>> https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2022/04/17/2521759649747322965/640x360_MP4_2521759649747322965.mp4

Sounds like some were cheering and some were booing. That would be
fairly typical at any gathering with a *mix* of people, or don't you get
that Darren?