Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

SubjectAuthor
* Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems lasAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsnospam
|`* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsAndy Burnelli
| `* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsnospam
|  `* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsAndy Burnelli
|   `* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsnospam
|    `* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsAndy Burnelli
|     +* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsnospam
|     |`* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsAndy Burnelli
|     | +* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsnospam
|     | |`- Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsAndy Burnelli
|     | `- Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operatingAlan
|     `* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modernYK
|      `* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modernAlan
|       `- Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern-hh
+- Why must Arlen constantly lie? (was Re: Why do Apple operatingAlan
+* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while allChris
> [...]
|    | | `- Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsYour Name
|    | +* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modernAlan
|    | |`* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsnospam
|    | | `* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsJAB
|    | |  `* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsnospam
|    | |   `- Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsJAB
|    | `* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsnospam
|    |  `- Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsJAB
|    `- Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modernAlan
+- Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modernThomas E.
+- Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsAndy Burnelli
`* Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systemsAndy Burnelli
 `- Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modernAlan

Pages:1234
Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<jldpitF9nl4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11004&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11004

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern
operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?
Date: 9 Aug 2022 00:54:53 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 00:54 UTC

On 2022-08-09, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
> On 2022-08-08 22:47:11 +0000, Alan said:

>>> Oh Good! Show me a screenshot of the latest Safari on that iPad.
>>
>> Show us a screenshot of Chrome on an Android phone that can't run
>> Android 6 or higher...
>
> But according to that braindead know-nothing moron, every Android
> device can run the lastest version of Android OS.

Yes. Otherwise they "just die". ; )

JR

Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tcskh5$11ta$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11007&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11007

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 04:33:21 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 03:33 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> Oh Good! Show me a screenshot of the latest Safari on that iPad.
>>>
>>> Oh wait! You can't.
>>>
>>> You lied.
>>>
>>> Again.
>>
>> No, Arlen: YOU lied.
>>
>> You lied by omitting much of what he said.
>
> No, no. That iPad is "just dead", you see. Don't believe your lying
> eyes! It's just dead. And nothing Chris, you, I, or anyone else can say
> will change this "FACT".

The is about updating default apps to the latest version, you morons.

1. Chris lied when he claimed his older iPads could update Safari.
2. The fact he so brazenly lied is indicative of his rather low IQ.
3. He doesn't know only iKooks don't realize you can't even do it.

Everyone else knows that iOS has the shortest default app update period.

That's the whole point that you low-IQ uneducated iKooks don't comprehend.
*Support for updating iOS default apps is the _shortest_ of all OSs*

That's just a fact.
The funny thing is you iKooks _hate_ that fact so much that you deny it.

The fact remains iOS has the _shortest_ default app update period of all.
*iOS just dies*

Why must Arlen double-down on his lies? (was Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tcsl9s$18s3u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11009&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11009

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Why must Arlen double-down on his lies? (was Re: Why must Arlen lie
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 20:46:04 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 03:46 UTC

On 2022-08-08 20:33, Andy Burnelli wrote:

>>> No, Arlen: YOU lied.
>>>
>>> You lied by omitting much of what he said.
>>
>> No, no. That iPad is "just dead", you see. Don't believe your lying
>> eyes! It's just dead. And nothing Chris, you, I, or anyone else can say
>> will change this "FACT".
>
> The is about updating default apps to the latest version, you morons.
>
> 1. Chris lied when he claimed his older iPads could update Safari.

Well that's another lie.

> 2. The fact he so brazenly lied is indicative of his rather low IQ.
> 3. He doesn't know only iKooks don't realize you can't even do it.
>
> Everyone else knows that iOS has the shortest default app update period.
>
> That's the whole point that you low-IQ uneducated iKooks don't comprehend.
> *Support for updating iOS default apps is the _shortest_ of all OSs*
>
> That's just a fact.
> The funny thing is you iKooks _hate_ that fact so much that you deny it.
>
> The fact remains iOS has the _shortest_ default app update period of all.
> *iOS just dies*

A "fact" you haven't provided any support for...

Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tct09e$1ae8s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11010&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11010

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all
modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 06:53:34 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:qTznb5/wb4U64DQDAPy0X/NI1ng=
 by: Chris - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 06:53 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>> All my ipads still work, including an original first generation
>> one.
>
> Oh Good! Show me a screenshot of the latest Safari on that iPad.

I will when you show me a Nexus One running the latest Chrome browser. I'll
be impressed as Chrome requires Android 6 and the Nexus only got 2.3
"gingerbread".

> Oh wait! You can't.
>
> You lied.
>
> Again.

You're projecting. Again. Lol.

Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<ee47faf7-6c6a-417d-bac1-ca1a0dbb5d60n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11011&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11011

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 04:57:16 -0700 (PDT)
operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 11:57 UTC

On Saturday, August 6, 2022 at 1:10:49 PM UTC-4, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> It's a serious question of why _only_ Apple operating systems just die.
> *Nobody can name a common consumer OS with _shorter_ support than iOS!*
>
> Meanwhile, Android, Linux, and Windows operating systems (all of which I
> own in addition to iOS) essentially are updated almost forever (in layers).
> <https://i.postimg.cc/gj0r2cBP/osupdate01.jpg> iOS 13.5 to iOS 15.3.1
>
> When nospam denied my desktop is almost fifteen years old and it's _still_
> updated continually by Microsoft to Windows 10, I snapped this for him:
> <https://i.postimg.cc/3x3pZBfP/version01.jpg> Windows & Android updates
>
> Like a flat earth proponent denying the earth is round, nospam can't fathom
> that any modern consumer operating system could possibly update that long.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/TwN6P0QR/appleid08.jpg> Only Apple requires a login
>
> And yet, they all continually update... Linux, Windows, and Android.
> Every modern operating system updates asychronously by layers.
> *_Except_ Apple operating systems!*
>
> That means:
> a. Modern operating systems other than from Apple have long support lives
> b. By way of stark contrast, Apple's operating systems "*just die*".
>
> Why?
>
> As of Project Mainline/Treble (since renamed a few times by Google),
> Android is updated in layers such that the operating system lives forever
> (and those layers are _all_ donated to the AOSP open source community).
>
> And my Windows desktop was born in 2009 on whatever Windows it came with
> at the time, which has been updated for free in all the 13 years since.
>
> Yet my iPads just die.
> Why?
>
> *Why are Apple operating systems the _least in longevity_ of all common OS's?*
> <https://i.postimg.cc/3x3pZBfP/version01.jpg>L Windows & Android updates
>
> Can you name a _single_ common consumer OS with a shorter lifespan than iOS?

Really? I know of an iPad 3 that was in daily use until a year ago when one of the apps quit working because a 3rd party essential app no longer worked.

Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<99a361da-d64b-411c-8ec2-3743de5f2d84n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11013&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11013

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 05:46:06 -0700 (PDT)
operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?
From: recscuba...@huntzinger.com (-hh)
 by: -hh - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 12:46 UTC

On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 12:17:52 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
> I won't speak to any other application, but I do know that on my very
> old iPad Mini—the very first iPad Mini Apple released, that some
> websites will no longer load properly in the Safari included with last
> version of iOS it can run (9.3.5).
>
> And iOS 10 was released in 2016—just 4 years after the iPad Mini, so
> that's not actually a very long window in this case.

I had a similar experience last winter when I temporarily went back to using
a 2009 MacBook Pro - - some websites ran into issues because the old OS
& Browser was trying to use old, insecure protocols.

Which brings us to the real issue here, namely the question of if a device
should deliberately continue to support known insecure old apps?

-hh

Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tctrsb$1dpch$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11015&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11015

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 15:44:26 +0100
 by: Chris - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 14:44 UTC

On 09/08/2022 04:33, Andy Burnelli wrote:

>>> No, Arlen: YOU lied.
>>>
>>> You lied by omitting much of what he said.
>>
>> No, no. That iPad is "just dead", you see. Don't believe your lying
>> eyes! It's just dead. And nothing Chris, you, I, or anyone else can say
>> will change this "FACT".
>
> The is about updating default apps to the latest version, you morons.
>
> 1. Chris lied when he claimed his older iPads could update Safari.

If you had any credibility, you'd show where I claimed that.

Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tcu2t2$18fv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11023&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11023

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 17:44:46 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 16:44 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

>> God knows. All my ipads still work, including an original first
>> generation one.
>
> Same here with my iPad 1 and 2.

FACTS

Like flat earthers... it's no longer shocking how iKooks can't comprehend
the basic fact that you can not load the latest Safari on those iPads.

> Safari, Messages, and a slew of other
> apps continue to run on these things.

Those iPads do not load the latest Safari no matter how much you lie.

> Dipshit Andy wants us not to
> believe our lying eye though. We are supposed to believe our iPads are
> "just dead", according to dipshit Andy.

You are lying when you claim you loaded the _latest_ Safari onto that iPad.

>>> Can you name a _single_ common consumer OS with a shorter lifespan than iOS?
>>
>> My Moto G 4G only lasted 18 months. And my HTC Desire only got a year's
>> worth of updates.
>
> You are supposed to ignore those as if they do not exist. It's the only
> way dipshit Andy's lame trolls work. ; )

It's no longer shocking how you low IQ iKooks can't comprehend the basic
fact they are _desperate_ to claim isn't a fact because they _hate_ it.

Either you iKooks don't realize the fact that the latest Safari does _not_
load onto those older iPads, or, you're simply lying to us that it does.
--
Note: I understand full well how _desperate_ the iKooks are to claim that
all facts about Apple products are wrong simply because _they_ hate facts.

Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tcu3dq$1g0p$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11024&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11024

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 17:53:42 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 16:53 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> But according to that braindead know-nothing moron, every Android
> device can run the lastest version of Android OS.

Because Safari (& other key apps) are including in the Operating System...
*iOS dies soonest*

It's no longer shocking that after a hundred posts, the low IQ uneducated
iKooks can't comprehend we're talking about key apps, like Safari & Chrome.

What's the oldest iPad that can be updated to the newest Safari?
What's the oldest mac that can be updated to the newest Safari?
What's the oldest Android that can be updated to the newest Chrome?
What's the oldest Windows that can be updated to the newest Chrome?
What's the oldest Linux that can be updated to the newest Chrome?

Because Safari (& other key apps) are including in the Operating System...
*iOS dies soonest*

Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tcu3eh$1g1e$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11025&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11025

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 17:54:05 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 16:54 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

>> But according to that braindead know-nothing moron, every Android
>> device can run the lastest version of Android OS.
>
> Yes. Otherwise they "just die". ; )

Because Safari (& other key apps) are including in the Operating System...
*iOS dies soonest*

Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tcu3gn$1gt8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11026&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11026

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 17:55:15 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 16:55 UTC

Chris wrote:

>> Oh Good! Show me a screenshot of the latest Safari on that iPad.
>
> I will when you show me a Nexus One running the latest Chrome browser. I'll
> be impressed as Chrome requires Android 6 and the Nexus only got 2.3
> "gingerbread".

What's the oldest iPad that can be updated to the newest Safari?
What's the oldest mac that can be updated to the newest Safari?
What's the oldest Android that can be updated to the newest Chrome?
What's the oldest Windows that can be updated to the newest Chrome?
What's the oldest Linux that can be updated to the newest Chrome?

>> Oh wait! You can't.
>>
>> You lied.
>>
>> Again.
>
> You're projecting. Again. Lol.

Because Safari (& other key apps) are including in the Operating System...
*iOS dies soonest*

Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tcu3jk$1ijp$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11027&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11027

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 17:56:48 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 16:56 UTC

Even Apple says *you must _replace_ the iPad/iPhone* to get current apps.
<https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252623454>

Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<jlfkotFiq2gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11028&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11028

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?
Date: 9 Aug 2022 17:45:01 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 17:45 UTC

On 2022-08-09, Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> God knows. All my ipads still work, including an original first
>>> generation one.
>>
>> Same here with my iPad 1 and 2.
>
> FACTS
>
> Like flat earthers... it's no longer shocking how iKooks can't
> comprehend the basic fact that you can not load the latest Safari on
> those iPads.

FACTS

Dimwit Arlen (Andy) thinks by trimming what he said, the internet will
just magically forget he said they "just die". : ) Meanwhile, we know
very well that just because they don't run the latest version of some
apps doesn't mean they "just die" as this dimwit troll claims. He's
*desperately* trying to move the goal post as usual. What a loser.

>> Safari, Messages, and a slew of other apps continue to run on these
>> things.
>
> Those iPads do not load the latest Safari no matter how much you lie.

Those iPads don't "just die" no matter how much you lie. : )

JR

Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tcuera$5cd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11029&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11029

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 21:08:38 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 20:08 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

> Dimwit Arlen (Andy) thinks by trimming what he said, the internet will
> just magically forget he said they "just die". : ) Meanwhile, we know
> very well that just because they don't run the latest version of some
> apps doesn't mean they "just die" as this dimwit troll claims. He's
> *desperately* trying to move the goal post as usual. What a loser.

When I say that iOS has the shortest support period for default apps of all
the common consumer operating systems, that means Safari too, Jolly Roger.

Why?
Do I really have to explain to you that Safari is part of iOS?

Seriously?

*Jolly Roger doesn't know the fact is no other common operating system*
*has a _shorter_ lifespan for default apps (which Safari is) than iOS.*

That's just a fact.
It's a fact that anyone who has a normal IQ would already be aware of.

It's clear that Jolly Roger's belief system is based on exactly zero facts!

The fact all you iKooks are lying that Safari is supported is just another
bit of evidence of how _desperate_ you are to cover up iOS' support flaws.

>>> Safari, Messages, and a slew of other apps continue to run on these
>>> things.
>>
>> Those iPads do not load the latest Safari no matter how much you lie.
>
> Those iPads don't "just die" no matter how much you lie. : )

When I say that iOS has the shortest support period for default apps of all
the common consumer operating systems, that means Safari too, Jolly Roger.

Why?
Do I really have to explain to you that Safari is part of iOS?

Seriously?
You don't know that?

The fact Jolly Roger is _that_ ignorant about iOS is no longer shocking.
*iOS just dies*

The iKooks _hate_ that fact - but the fact that's a fact doesn't change the
fact that that fact is a fact - which is why iOS support *just dies*.

Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tcuh9e$13rj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11030&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11030

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 21:50:18 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 9 Aug 2022 20:50 UTC

Chris wrote:

>> 1. Chris lied when he claimed his older iPads could update Safari.
>
> If you had any credibility, you'd show where I claimed that.

Chris,

The concept you whooshed on is that for iOS, the default apps (such as
Safari) are part of the operating system - whether you like it or not.

Even though this is well known to _adults_, it's clear you low-IQ
uneducated iKooks are not aware of that well-known unassailable fact.

The fact is that you can NOT load the latest iOS onto your older iPad.
That means you can NOT load the latest Safari onto your older iPad.

The point you low-IQ uneducated iKooks can't seem to comprehend is that.
*iOS just dies*

More specifically...
*Support for iOS just dies*

And more to the point...
*Support for iOS default apps just dies*

This is the fundamental basis for the fact that iOS dies soonest.

Why does iOS die soonest?
Because support for default iOS apps die soonest?

Why don't other operating systems die sooner than does iOS?
Because other operating systems are updated in layers - but not iOS.

This is simple stuff Chris.
Even you should be able to comprehend it.

You don't need to lie.
More specifically, you don't need to lie because you _hate_ facts.

All you need to do is _accept_ the fact that you can't load the latest
Safari onto your older iPads - which is just a fact you happen to hate.

Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<jlgfr0FmntpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11032&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11032

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?
Date: 10 Aug 2022 01:26:56 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 01:26 UTC

On 2022-08-09, Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> Dimwit Arlen (Andy) thinks by trimming what he said, the internet
>> will just magically forget he said they "just die". : ) Meanwhile, we
>> know very well that just because they don't run the latest version of
>> some apps doesn't mean they "just die" as this dimwit troll claims.
>> He's *desperately* trying to move the goal post as usual. What a
>> loser.
>
> When I say that iOS has the shortest support period for default apps

No, it is a matter of record forever that you said "iOS just dies",
which is a flat-out laughable lie as anyone who owns an older device
knows from first-hand experience, you utterly useless dingbat of a
troll. You're scrambling and desperately trying to move the goalposts
now that your idiotic statement is being shown to be completely false,
because that's all you can do since you *can't* back up your idiotic
claim. And frankly, it's just fucking pathetic to watch you do this over
and over again. You are incapable of learning from your mistakes.

> Why?

Because you have no life. You are quite literally entirely *consumed* by
irrational hatred, which drives you to spend *every* waking moment of
your pathetic and sad, little life trolling the Apple newsgroups in lame
attempts to get a rise out of people you apparently *despise* with every
*bone* in your pathetic, decrepit, old body. Your entire *existence* is
consumed with pure sadness and *bitterness*. You add *nothing* of value
to the Apple newsgroups, and only serve to *disrupt*. You're a pathetic
excuse of a human being - and that will be your *legacy* here. The day
you breath your final breath will be a day of *celebration* here. And I,
for one, look *forward* to that day. And I am sure I will see that day,
being much *younger* than you. : ) Tick tock, motherfucker.

> Seriously?

Yep. : )

JR

Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<jlgftoFmntpU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11033&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11033

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple
Date: 10 Aug 2022 01:28:25 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 01:28 UTC

On 2022-08-09, Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>>> 1. Chris lied when he claimed his older iPads could update Safari.
>>
>> If you had any credibility, you'd show where I claimed that.
>
> Chris,
>
> The concept you

He can't do it, because you never claimed it. LOL! And he thinks by
blabbing on and on, we'll just magically forget that he can't back up
anything he says. Just SAD. : )

JR

Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tcvgdq$1uc3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11034&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11034

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 06:41:42 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 05:41 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

> No, it is a matter of record forever that you said "iOS just dies"

Jesus Christ. *You really don't know Safari is part of iOS?*

Holy Shit. You're _that_ stupid, Jolly Roger?
C'mon. Nobody is that stupid.

Except you.

> which is a flat-out laughable lie as anyone who owns an older device
> knows from first-hand experience, you utterly useless dingbat of a
> troll.

What's no longer amazing is you don't know Safari is part of iOS.
Jesus Christ. You really are _that_ stupid, Jolly Roger.

> You're scrambling and desperately trying to move the goalposts
> now that your idiotic statement is being shown to be completely false,

And yet, it's _you_ who is ignorant that Safari is part of iOS: Not me.
You lied and claimed that Safari is NOT part of iOS.

And yet, it is.
It's only you low-IQ ill-educated iKooks who don't know that simple fact.

> because that's all you can do since you *can't* back up your idiotic
> claim.

I'm not the one ignorant that Safari is part of iOS Jolly Roger.
You are.

Your entire _desperate_ argument _requires_ Safari to _not_ be part of
iOS... and yet... it is.

The fact you don't know that fact is no longer shocking Jolly Roger.
It's _why_ I can easily prove you iKooks own a substandard IQ.

Only an utter moron would make your claim Safaris is not part of iOS.

> And frankly, it's just fucking pathetic to watch you do this over
> and over again. You are incapable of learning from your mistakes.

What's "pathetic" is you don't realize Safari is part of iOS.
Each of you iKooks is so desperate you each lied and said it was not.

But it is.
And that's the point.

You can't update Safari (and a bunch of other key apps).
That's proof that *iOS just dies*
--
Note on other platforms, you _can_ easily update the default browser.
Just not on iOS because iOS dies soonest of all common consumer platforms.

Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tcvhun$cl7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11036&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11036

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 07:07:47 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 06:07 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

> He can't do it, because you never claimed it. LOL! And he thinks by
> blabbing on and on, we'll just magically forget that he can't back up
> anything he says. Just SAD. : )

Look Jolly Roger,

I get it you're quaking in fear of the facts because you _hate_ facts.

But just answer this simple _adult_ question with a YES or a NO please.

ADULT QUESTION: *Is Safari part of iOS?*
JOLLY ROGER ANSWER: (yes) or (no)
--
C'mon Jolly Roger... I know you're afraid. But just answer the question.

Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<tcvjfu$1nkoc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11037&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11037

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 06:33:34 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:na49sh4gOLe/6Jvt4bn0ULJs5bQ=
 by: Chris - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 06:33 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>>> 1. Chris lied when he claimed his older iPads could update Safari.
>>
>> If you had any credibility, you'd show where I claimed that.
>
> Chris,
>
> The concept you whooshed on ..

... you're obsessive and have a very distorted view of reality.

Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<td0f7m$g2b9$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11038&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11038

From: cri...@removespam.me.com (cris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 11:57:29 -0230
 by: cris - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 14:27 UTC

On 10/08/2022 06:33, Chris wrote:

>> The concept you whooshed on ..
>
> .. you're obsessive and have a very distorted view of reality.

He's right you know.
Safari is part of iOS.

His view of reality is correct.
Yours is distorted.

Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<td0gn7$1s4uh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11039&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11039

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 07:52:23 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 14:52 UTC

On 2022-08-10 07:27, cris wrote:
> On 10/08/2022 06:33, Chris wrote:
>
>>> The concept you whooshed on ..
>>
>> .. you're obsessive and have a very distorted view of reality.
>
> He's right you know.
> Safari is part of iOS.

Nope.

It is shipped WITH the OS but it is not PART of the OS.

> His view of reality is correct.
> Yours is distorted.

His claim was that that "iOS dies".

It doesn't.

Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<td0rag$gsrj$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11040&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11040

From: cri...@removespam.me.com (cris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 15:23:47 -0230
 by: cris - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 17:53 UTC

On 10/08/2022 15:52, Alan wrote:

>>> .. you're obsessive and have a very distorted view of reality.
>>
>> He's right you know.
>> Safari is part of iOS.
>
> Nope.
>
> It is shipped WITH the OS but it is not PART of the OS.

Look it up. They are a matched set.
When one can't be updated an longer the other can't be updated either.
If you think otherwise it's YOUR reality which is distorted. Not his.

Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<td0s6m$1t9l3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11041&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11041

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 11:08:21 -0700
 by: sms - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 18:08 UTC

On 8/10/2022 7:27 AM, cris wrote:
> On 10/08/2022 06:33, Chris wrote:
>
>>> The concept you whooshed on ..
>>
>> .. you're obsessive and have a very distorted view of reality.
>
> He's right you know.
> Safari is part of iOS.

Yes, it's included with iOS. It used to also be available for Windows.

Re: Why must Arlen lie all the time? (was Re: Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

<100820221438388616%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11042&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11042

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 14:38:38 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 18:38 UTC

In article <td0s6m$1t9l3$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> > Safari is part of iOS.
>
> Yes, it's included with iOS.

'included with' means it's not part of the os, but an included extra.

> It used to also be available for Windows.

that was more than a decade ago, to facilitate writing web apps for
iphones.