There comes a time to stop being angry. -- A Small Circle of Friends

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Shows you loved and then hated

SubjectAuthor
* Shows you loved and then hatedRhino
+* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedBTR1701
|+* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedIan J. Ball
||+* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedshawn
|||+* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedIan J. Ball
|||+* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedanim8rfsk
|||`- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedBTR1701
||+* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedanim8rfsk
|||`* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedIan J. Ball
||| +* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedshawn
||| `- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedanim8rfsk
||+* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedAlan Smithee
|||+- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedanim8rfsk
|||`- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedAdam H. Kerman
||+- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedUbiquitous
||+* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedAdam H. Kerman
|||`- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedanim8rfsk
||`- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedAlan Smithee
|+* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedanim8rfsk
||`- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedanim8rfsk
|`* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedtrotsky
| `- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedchromebook test
+* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedchromebook test
|+* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedanim8rfsk
||`- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedchromebook test
|+* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedchromebook test
||`* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedchromebook test
|| `- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedchromebook test
|`* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedchromebook test
| `* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedchromebook test
|  `* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedchromebook test
|   `* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedchromebook test
|    `- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedchromebook test
+- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedEGK
+- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedBering Sea Bar & Brig
+- Re: Shows you loved and then hatedDavid Johnston
`* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedUbiquitous
 `* Re: Shows you loved and then hatedanim8rfsk

Pages:12345
Shows you loved and then hated

<tt2u32$16i55$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176267&group=rec.arts.tv#176267

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Shows you loved and then hated
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 12:13:06 -0500
 by: Rhino - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:13 UTC

This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
for this newsgroup:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated

For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
for both of those so never went past that.

Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?

I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
a few that come to mind off the top of my head.

In no particular order:

Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
where it was going to go.

Killing Eve - I watched the first three seasons and but bailed when the
Season 4 premiere was way too bizarre for my tastes. Again, I never
really loved it but was curious to see if they were ever going to make
it clear why Jodie Comer's character was as deranged as she was.

Game of Thrones - I think I got part way through Season 5 before I
realized I didn't care about enough of the characters to carry on and
dumped it. Mind you, I never loved it either, never having been a fan of
sword and sorcery fiction.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment!

--
Rhino

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<atropos-6984E2.10141221022023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176279&group=rec.arts.tv#176279

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Shows you loved and then hated
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 10:14:13 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 18:14 UTC

In article <tt2u32$16i55$1@dont-email.me>,

> This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
> for this newsgroup:
>
> https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
>
> For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
> on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
> I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
> for both of those so never went past that.
>
> Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
>
> I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
> and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
> a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
>
> In no particular order:
>
> Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
> was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
> about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
> first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
> where it was going to go.

I stayed with it longer than I normally would have for Evangeline Lilly.

I'm pretty much watching THE FLASH out of habit at this point. I really
don't care anything about it.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<56e42d13-b772-4156-8663-120ad1633e64n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176284&group=rec.arts.tv#176284

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:19:57 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 19:19 UTC

On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 12:13:10 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
> This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
> for this newsgroup:
>
> https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
>
> For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
> on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
> I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
> for both of those so never went past that.
>
> Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
>
> I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
> and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
> a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
>
> In no particular order:

> Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
> was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
> about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
> first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
> where it was going to go.

There is a fine line between supernatural myths and science fiction storytelling.

On LOST, Jacob brought the airliner to the island where it crashed. That was the beginning of a science fiction story that wasn't based on a myth.

https://vimeo.com/122245371

LOST's subtext was the ISLAND'S historical retelling of it's 2000 year long history, the character development WASN"T the subtext. The subtext was based on the Islands mythology.

https://vimeo.com/114818796

Wanna know why the plane crashed in September, 3 years to the day the other airliner crashed? What was Jacob's biblical name?

tags: jj abrams, damon lindelof, know the truth will set you free

https://web.archive.org/web/20120518162718/https://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/books/review/20Bamford.html

tags: trying hard to piss off BTR1701 and my buddy Kerman

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<tt37eh$17i6q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176285&group=rec.arts.tv#176285

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:52:49 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 19:52 UTC

On 2023-02-21 18:14:13 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> In article <tt2u32$16i55$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
>> for this newsgroup:
>>
>> https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
>>
>> For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
>> on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
>> I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
>> for both of those so never went past that.
>>
>> Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
>>
>> I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
>> and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
>> a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
>>
>> In no particular order:
>>
>> Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
>> was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
>> about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
>> first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
>> where it was going to go.
>
> I stayed with it longer than I normally would have for Evangeline Lilly.

I like "Lost" on balance, but the final season was pretty bad, and the
ending was pretty unforgivable.

> I'm pretty much watching THE FLASH out of habit at this point. I really
> don't care anything about it.

Most of The C-Wub shows fall into this category. Even "Legacies", which
didn't fall apart into s**t like all of the Arrowverse shows did, still
declined some with its last couple of seasons.

On my list would be:

- Vikings: Got worse and worse, post-Ragnar. Post-Lagertha, I didn't
even finish it!

- Earth: Final Conflict - I stayed with it on and off through the
bitter end, but only season #1 was any good. The last few seasons were
awful.

- Mutant X - Anim can joke all he wants, but final post-Lauren Lee
Smith, post-John Shea season with Karen Cliche was *terrible*.

- Degrassi - Definitely declined even before the "original" cast
departed in season #7 (probably killing off what's his face in season
#6(?) was the "jump the shark" moment), and got worse and worse after.
Post-Holly J, I think it was pretty much unwatachable.

- I'm pretty sure I started hating "Friends" by its last couple of seasons.

I'm sure there are others that are slipping my mind right now.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<oa8avht4q401jn4uvtlvtvj3e8tejtrbih@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176286&group=rec.arts.tv#176286

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 15:03:19 -0500
 by: shawn - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 20:03 UTC

On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:52:49 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-02-21 18:14:13 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> In article <tt2u32$16i55$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
>>> for this newsgroup:
>>>
>>> https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
>>>
>>> For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
>>> on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
>>> I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
>>> for both of those so never went past that.
>>>
>>> Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
>>>
>>> I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
>>> and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
>>> a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
>>>
>>> In no particular order:
>>>
>>> Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
>>> was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
>>> about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
>>> first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
>>> where it was going to go.
>>
>> I stayed with it longer than I normally would have for Evangeline Lilly.
>
>I like "Lost" on balance, but the final season was pretty bad, and the
>ending was pretty unforgivable.

Especially after spending so long trying to sell the viewers on how
there is a plan that will bring all that we saw together in the end.
It was a weak hand waving ending that didn't justify the hype.

>> I'm pretty much watching THE FLASH out of habit at this point. I really
>> don't care anything about it.
>
>Most of The C-Wub shows fall into this category. Even "Legacies", which
>didn't fall apart into s**t like all of the Arrowverse shows did, still
>declined some with its last couple of seasons.
>
>On my list would be:
>
> - Vikings: Got worse and worse, post-Ragnar. Post-Lagertha, I didn't
>even finish it!
>
> - Earth: Final Conflict - I stayed with it on and off through the
>bitter end, but only season #1 was any good. The last few seasons were
>awful.

Yeah, I can agree with this as someone that watched every episode.

> - Mutant X - Anim can joke all he wants, but final post-Lauren Lee
>Smith, post-John Shea season with Karen Cliche was *terrible*.

I honestly can't remember enough of how the story went to say. So it
likely wasn't horrible enough to leave an indelible mark in my memory,
but also was not good enough for me to remember it either. Mostly I
just remember Lauren Lee Smith as being awfully cute.

> - Degrassi - Definitely declined even before the "original" cast
>departed in season #7 (probably killing off what's his face in season
>#6(?) was the "jump the shark" moment), and got worse and worse after.
>Post-Holly J, I think it was pretty much unwatachable.

Never did watch this show.

> - I'm pretty sure I started hating "Friends" by its last couple of seasons.
>
>I'm sure there are others that are slipping my mind right now.

ANDROMEDA would be another one that followed the EFC development.
Weren't both of them being impacted by Tribune? Though I suppose
ANDROMEDA was hurt more by Kevin Sorbo than any other production
issues.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<tt38i0$17llr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176288&group=rec.arts.tv#176288

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 12:11:44 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 20:11 UTC

On 2023-02-21 20:03:19 +0000, shawn said:

> On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:52:49 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-02-21 18:14:13 +0000, BTR1701 said:

>>> I stayed with it longer than I normally would have for Evangeline Lilly.
>>
>> I like "Lost" on balance, but the final season was pretty bad, and the
>> ending was pretty unforgivable.
>
> Especially after spending so long trying to sell the viewers on how
> there is a plan that will bring all that we saw together in the end.
> It was a weak hand waving ending that didn't justify the hype.
>
>>> I'm pretty much watching THE FLASH out of habit at this point. I really
>>> don't care anything about it.
>>
>> Most of The C-Wub shows fall into this category. Even "Legacies", which
>> didn't fall apart into s**t like all of the Arrowverse shows did, still
>> declined some with its last couple of seasons.
>>
>> On my list would be:
>>
>> - Vikings: Got worse and worse, post-Ragnar. Post-Lagertha, I didn't
>> even finish it!
>>
>> - Earth: Final Conflict - I stayed with it on and off through the
>> bitter end, but only season #1 was any good. The last few seasons were
>> awful.
>
> Yeah, I can agree with this as someone that watched every episode.
>
>> - Mutant X - Anim can joke all he wants, but final post-Lauren Lee
>> Smith, post-John Shea season with Karen Cliche was *terrible*.
>
> I honestly can't remember enough of how the story went to say. So it
> likely wasn't horrible enough to leave an indelible mark in my memory,
> but also was not good enough for me to remember it either. Mostly I
> just remember Lauren Lee Smith as being awfully cute.
>

>> - Degrassi - Definitely declined even before the "original" cast
>> departed in season #7 (probably killing off what's his face in season
>> #6(?) was the "jump the shark" moment), and got worse and worse after.
>> Post-Holly J, I think it was pretty much unwatachable.
>
> Never did watch this show.
>
>> - I'm pretty sure I started hating "Friends" by its last couple of seasons.
>>
>> I'm sure there are others that are slipping my mind right now.
>
> ANDROMEDA would be another one that followed the EFC development.
> Weren't both of them being impacted by Tribune? Though I suppose
> ANDROMEDA was hurt more by Kevin Sorbo than any other production
> issues.

Yes, in fact "Andromeda" is the prototypical example of this - like I
said elsewhere, I dropped the show cold when they wrote out Tyr, and
never looked back.

But it was declining fast even before Tyr left...

Basically, nearly any show that ran too many seasons will end up in
this category.

"Gossip Girl" (the original) and definitely PLL (Bitches!) belong in
here too. Maybe "The OC" as well.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<808444777.698704270.250636.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176294&group=rec.arts.tv#176294

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 13:53:43 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 20:53 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <tt2u32$16i55$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
>> for this newsgroup:
>>
>> https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
>>
>> For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
>> on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
>> I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
>> for both of those so never went past that.
>>
>> Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
>>
>> I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
>> and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
>> a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
>>
>> In no particular order:
>>
>> Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
>> was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
>> about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
>> first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
>> where it was going to go.
>
> I stayed with it longer than I normally would have for Evangeline Lilly.
>
> I'm pretty much watching THE FLASH out of habit at this point. I really
> don't care anything about it.

Ditto on the flash. It’s actually amusing that they’re using CGI to try to
make Candice Patton not look grotesquely obese.

I don’t think I’ve ridden any of Berlanti shows into the ground. I either
quit in the middle and come back just for the end or quit before the end
and didn’t bother coming back. That’s pretty scary considering what a
completist I am.

Kung fu - quit after season one
The Flash - quit and came back just to watch it die.
Doom patrol – only the pilot was available to me.
Stargirl SG1 – only the pilot was available to me.
Riverdale – bailed after season one and hated lasting long enough to learn
to dis like Vanessa Morgan.
Superman and lameass – just watch it sporadically.
Batteredwoman - stayed long enough to see them switch out the lead
character.
DC’s legends of tomorrow - left when rip hunter did except for special
episodes.
Stupidgirl – quit when the writers started saying it was more important to
put in woke messages, than write a good script. Came back to watch her die.
Titans – quit when Robin started disemboweling people.
Black lightning - quit as soon as I saw China Anne McClain!
The awful arrow - quit about halfway through and just came back for special
episodes.
Sabrina - quit first season over sloppy production values.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<402332470.698705406.265628.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176295&group=rec.arts.tv#176295

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 13:53:44 -0700

chromebook test <chromiumtest56@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 12:13:10 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
>> This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
>> for this newsgroup:
>>
>> https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
>>
>> For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
>> on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
>> I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
>> for both of those so never went past that.
>>
>> Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
>>
>> I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
>> and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
>> a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
>>
>> In no particular order:
>

>> Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
>> was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
>> about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
>> first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
>> where it was going to go.
>

> There is a fine line between supernatural myths and science fiction storytelling.
>

> On LOST, Jacob brought the airliner to the island where it crashed. That
> was the beginning of a science fiction story that wasn't based on a myth.
>
> https://vimeo.com/122245371
>
> LOST's subtext was the ISLAND'S historical retelling of it's 2000 year
> long history, the character development WASN"T the subtext. The subtext
> was based on the Islands mythology.
>
> https://vimeo.com/114818796
>
> Wanna know why the plane crashed in September, 3 years to the day the
> other airliner crashed? What was Jacob's biblical name?
>

> tags: jj abrams, damon lindelof, know the truth will set you free
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20120518162718/https://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/books/review/20Bamford.html
>

> tags: trying hard to piss off BTR1701 and my buddy Kerman

By talking nonsense? There’s no science fiction in LOST. They’re all dead
and it’s just some sort of dream.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<1723302534.698705486.489215.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176296&group=rec.arts.tv#176296

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 13:53:45 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 20:53 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-02-21 18:14:13 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> In article <tt2u32$16i55$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
>>> for this newsgroup:
>>>
>>> https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
>>>
>>> For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
>>> on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
>>> I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
>>> for both of those so never went past that.
>>>
>>> Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
>>>
>>> I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
>>> and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
>>> a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
>>>
>>> In no particular order:
>>>
>>> Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
>>> was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
>>> about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
>>> first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
>>> where it was going to go.
>>
>> I stayed with it longer than I normally would have for Evangeline Lilly.
>
> I like "Lost" on balance, but the final season was pretty bad, and the
> ending was pretty unforgivable.
>
>> I'm pretty much watching THE FLASH out of habit at this point. I really
>> don't care anything about it.
>
> Most of The C-Wub shows fall into this category. Even "Legacies", which
> didn't fall apart into s**t like all of the Arrowverse shows did, still
> declined some with its last couple of seasons.
>
> On my list would be:
>
> - Vikings: Got worse and worse, post-Ragnar. Post-Lagertha, I didn't
> even finish it!
>
> - Earth: Final Conflict - I stayed with it on and off through the
> bitter end, but only season #1 was any good. The last few seasons were
> awful.

The final season is tied with any other nominee for worst season ever
produced.

> - Mutant X - Anim can joke all he wants, but final post-Lauren Lee
> Smith, post-John Shea season with Karen Cliche was *terrible*.

Honestly, it wasn’t any worse than the rest of the show.

> - Degrassi - Definitely declined even before the "original" cast
> departed in season #7 (probably killing off what's his face in season
> #6(?) was the "jump the shark" moment), and got worse and worse after.
> Post-Holly J, I think it was pretty much unwatachable.
>
> - I'm pretty sure I started hating "Friends" by its last couple of seasons.
>
> I'm sure there are others that are slipping my mind right now.

You didn’t say anything about Buffy.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<2acavhp6m1ri7kan63revkr98l5515gdr9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176297&group=rec.arts.tv#176297

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 16:09:28 -0500
 by: EGK - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:09 UTC

On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 12:13:06 -0500, Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

>This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
>for this newsgroup:
>
>https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
>
>For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
>on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
>I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
>for both of those so never went past that.
>
>Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
>
>I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
>and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
>a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
>
>In no particular order:
>
>Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
>was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
>about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
>first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
>where it was going to go.
>
>Killing Eve - I watched the first three seasons and but bailed when the
>Season 4 premiere was way too bizarre for my tastes. Again, I never
>really loved it but was curious to see if they were ever going to make
>it clear why Jodie Comer's character was as deranged as she was.
>
>Game of Thrones - I think I got part way through Season 5 before I
>realized I didn't care about enough of the characters to carry on and
>dumped it. Mind you, I never loved it either, never having been a fan of
>sword and sorcery fiction.
>
>That's all that comes to mind at the moment!

LOST is a great example for a lot of people, I think. Including me. LIke
you, I never loved it but it was interesting and you kept wanting to see
where they were going with it. Turned out the creators and writers had no
clue either.

The Walking Dead is huge in this category for me. I really liked it a lot
in the first 2-3 seasons and then I just grew to hate it more and more and
finally quit way before the end.

The Blacklist was a show I grew to hate as well. Again, mostly because it
became obvious the writers had no idea where it was going and just kept
jerking the audience around at the end of every season and start of the next

I quit watching everything on the CW. Does it count if I really liked a
network's offerings then grew to hate everything they put on? haha
I liked Arrow when it started and by the end just wanted them all to die. I
held on with The Flash but finally quit that multiple seasons ago too. I
never saw the final season or two of Stupidgirl which I liked when it
started on CBS.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<d2caf2fa-5a18-4e21-b8df-0a44b1e9be61n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176299&group=rec.arts.tv#176299

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 13:21:57 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:21 UTC

On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 3:53:49 PM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
> chromebook test <chromiu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 12:13:10 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
> >> This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
> >> for this newsgroup:
> >>
> >> https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
> >>
> >> For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
> >> on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
> >> I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
> >> for both of those so never went past that.
> >>
> >> Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
> >>
> >> I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
> >> and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
> >> a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
> >>
> >> In no particular order:
> >

> >> Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
> >> was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
> >> about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
> >> first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
> >> where it was going to go.
> >

> > There is a fine line between supernatural myths and science fiction storytelling.
> >

> > On LOST, Jacob brought the airliner to the island where it crashed. That
> > was the beginning of a science fiction story that wasn't based on a myth.
> >
> > https://vimeo.com/122245371
> >
> > LOST's subtext was the ISLAND'S historical retelling of it's 2000 year
> > long history, the character development WASN"T the subtext. The subtext
> > was based on the Islands mythology.
> >
> > https://vimeo.com/114818796
> >
> > Wanna know why the plane crashed in September, 3 years to the day the
> > other airliner crashed? What was Jacob's biblical name?
> >

> > tags: jj abrams, damon lindelof, know the truth will set you free
> >
> > https://web.archive.org/web/20120518162718/https://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/books/review/20Bamford.html
> >

> > tags: trying hard to piss off BTR1701 and my buddy Kerman

> By talking nonsense? There’s no science fiction in LOST. They’re all dead
> and it’s just some sort of dream.

Fortunately, no Jews were injured during the filming of LOST. Why? Because there were no Jewish characters on LOST ever, none, zip. For six seasons, 120 episodes, not a single Jewish character.

So who were the Others in the LOST mythology with a nuclear bomb, a temple, zealots protecting the island, sprinkled ash, a unanimous vote to kill the only Arab, a security wall, and a red heifer?

God only knows.

And no Jewish symbols either for 120 episodes, none, zip, until the last episode's final minutes there was a star of david in the chapel of light.

God only knows they were dead the whole time, right?

Ben the leader of the Others didn't get to go into the afterlife chapel, that sucks, LOL

https://www.jta.org/2010/06/01/culture/no-jews-on-lost

-----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u90beUXTKwo

tags: jj abrams, damon lindelof, know the truth will set you free

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<87ee690f-14aa-4827-ab3f-52520b8e5cf0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176300&group=rec.arts.tv#176300

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 13:38:30 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:38 UTC

On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 2:20:00 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 12:13:10 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
> > This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
> > for this newsgroup:
> >
> > https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
> >
> > For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
> > on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
> > I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
> > for both of those so never went past that.
> >
> > Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
> >
> > I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
> > and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
> > a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
> >
> > In no particular order:
>

> > Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
> > was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
> > about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
> > first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
> > where it was going to go.
> There is a fine line between supernatural myths and science fiction storytelling.
>

> On LOST, Jacob brought the airliner to the island where it crashed. That was the beginning of a science fiction story that wasn't based on a myth.
>
> https://vimeo.com/122245371
>
> LOST's subtext was the ISLAND'S historical retelling of it's 2000 year long history, the character development WASN"T the subtext. The subtext was based on the Islands mythology.
>
> https://vimeo.com/114818796
>
> Wanna know why the plane crashed in September, 3 years to the day the other airliner crashed? What was Jacob's biblical name?
>

> tags: jj abrams, damon lindelof, know the truth will set you free
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20120518162718/https://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/books/review/20Bamford.html
>

> tags: trying hard to piss off BTR1701 and my buddy Kerman

What Lindelof did on 6 seasons of LOST with mythology, he did here with 5 books of ancient myths:

https://jewishjournal.com/mobile_20111212/122701/lost-creator-damon-lindelof-takes-on-torah-with-unscrolled/

tags: historical reinterpretation, just because you don't see the plan, doesn't mean there isn't a plan, it may just mean you are a dumbass

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<71ba2f8a-7075-4b8d-b652-14050573f82cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176303&group=rec.arts.tv#176303

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 14:10:50 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 22:10 UTC

On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 4:38:34 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 2:20:00 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> > On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 12:13:10 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
> > > This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
> > > for this newsgroup:
> > >
> > > https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
> > >
> > > For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
> > > on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
> > > I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
> > > for both of those so never went past that.
> > >
> > > Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
> > >
> > > I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
> > > and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
> > > a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
> > >
> > > In no particular order:
> >

> > > Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
> > > was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
> > > about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
> > > first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
> > > where it was going to go.

> What Lindelof did on 6 seasons of LOST with mythology, he did here with 5 books of ancient myths:
>
> https://jewishjournal.com/mobile_20111212/122701/lost-creator-damon-lindelof-takes-on-torah-with-unscrolled/

“I just liked the idea of trying to reinvent a story that felt familiar, but looking at it through a newer lens,” These tales, they have wonderful story arcs, they are malleable and flexible, and they are there to be interpreted."

https://www.google.com/search?q=bomb+in+the+basement

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<aa970d3a-efa6-4e45-876a-982661154e11n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176305&group=rec.arts.tv#176305

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 14:17:40 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 22:17 UTC

On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 5:10:52 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 4:38:34 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:

> > What Lindelof did on 6 seasons of LOST with mythology, he did here with 5 books of ancient myths:
> >
> > https://jewishjournal.com/mobile_20111212/122701/lost-creator-damon-lindelof-takes-on-torah-with-unscrolled/

> “I just liked the idea of trying to reinvent a story that felt familiar, but looking at it through a newer lens,” These tales, they have wonderful story arcs, they are malleable and flexible, and they are there to be interpreted."

> https://www.google.com/search?q=bomb+in+the+basement

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/e/e6/5x15_Jughead.png/revision/latest?cb=20090507034015

https://lostpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Jughead_(bomb)

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<tt3gjf$18e84$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176309&group=rec.arts.tv#176309

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 14:29:03 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 22:29 UTC

On 2023-02-21 20:53:45 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2023-02-21 18:14:13 +0000, BTR1701 said:

>>> I stayed with it longer than I normally would have for Evangeline Lilly.
>>
>> I like "Lost" on balance, but the final season was pretty bad, and the
>> ending was pretty unforgivable.
>>
>>> I'm pretty much watching THE FLASH out of habit at this point. I really
>>> don't care anything about it.
>>
>> Most of The C-Wub shows fall into this category. Even "Legacies", which
>> didn't fall apart into s**t like all of the Arrowverse shows did, still
>> declined some with its last couple of seasons.
>>
>> On my list would be:
>>
>> - Vikings: Got worse and worse, post-Ragnar. Post-Lagertha, I didn't
>> even finish it!
>>
>> - Earth: Final Conflict - I stayed with it on and off through the
>> bitter end, but only season #1 was any good. The last few seasons were
>> awful.
>
> The final season is tied with any other nominee for worst season ever
> produced.
>
>> - Mutant X - Anim can joke all he wants, but final post-Lauren Lee
>> Smith, post-John Shea season with Karen Cliche was *terrible*.
>
> Honestly, it wasn’t any worse than the rest of the show.
>
>> - Degrassi - Definitely declined even before the "original" cast
>> departed in season #7 (probably killing off what's his face in season
>> #6(?) was the "jump the shark" moment), and got worse and worse after.
>> Post-Holly J, I think it was pretty much unwatachable.
>>
>> - I'm pretty sure I started hating "Friends" by its last couple of seasons.
>>
>> I'm sure there are others that are slipping my mind right now.
>
> You didn’t say anything about Buffy.

'Cos it only ran one season!!1! :p

(Seriously, though - both "Buffy" and "Angel" would qualify for me,
with "Buffy" having the added effect that I also came to despise its
fandom!)

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<griavh596r63nvbe74rcs6n62d62pdbu3b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176311&group=rec.arts.tv#176311

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:59:00 -0500
 by: shawn - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 22:59 UTC

On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 14:29:03 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-02-21 20:53:45 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I like "Lost" on balance, but the final season was pretty bad, and the
>>> ending was pretty unforgivable.

>>> Most of The C-Wub shows fall into this category. Even "Legacies", which
>>> didn't fall apart into s**t like all of the Arrowverse shows did, still
>>> declined some with its last couple of seasons.
>>>
>>> On my list would be:
>>>
>>> - Vikings: Got worse and worse, post-Ragnar. Post-Lagertha, I didn't
>>> even finish it!
>>>
>>> - Earth: Final Conflict - I stayed with it on and off through the
>>> bitter end, but only season #1 was any good. The last few seasons were
>>> awful.
>>
>> The final season is tied with any other nominee for worst season ever
>> produced.
>>
>>> - Mutant X - Anim can joke all he wants, but final post-Lauren Lee
>>> Smith, post-John Shea season with Karen Cliche was *terrible*.
>>
>> Honestly, it wasn’t any worse than the rest of the show.
>>
>>> - Degrassi - Definitely declined even before the "original" cast
>>> departed in season #7 (probably killing off what's his face in season
>>> #6(?) was the "jump the shark" moment), and got worse and worse after.
>>> Post-Holly J, I think it was pretty much unwatachable.
>>>
>>> - I'm pretty sure I started hating "Friends" by its last couple of seasons.
>>>
>>> I'm sure there are others that are slipping my mind right now.
>>
>> You didn’t say anything about Buffy.
>
>'Cos it only ran one season!!1! :p
>
>(Seriously, though - both "Buffy" and "Angel" would qualify for me,
>with "Buffy" having the added effect that I also came to despise its
>fandom!)

I don't feel that Buffy/Angel are on the same level as the others
mentioned in this thread. Sure, the quality definitely wasn't the same
with Buffy once Joss Whedon essentially left Buffy. While I wasn't
against changing up Spike the Spike/Buffy relationship got rough.
With Angel I enjoyed most of it except for what they did with Cordelia
during her last season. It really felt like the writers had issues
with the Charisma and were taking it out on her character.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<LocJL.836490$8_id.578788@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176316&group=rec.arts.tv#176316

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:24:27 -0600
 by: trotsky - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 23:24 UTC

On 2/21/23 12:14 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tt2u32$16i55$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
>> for this newsgroup:
>>
>> https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
>>
>> For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
>> on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
>> I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
>> for both of those so never went past that.
>>
>> Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
>>
>> I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
>> and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
>> a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
>>
>> In no particular order:
>>
>> Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
>> was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
>> about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
>> first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
>> where it was going to go.
>
> I stayed with it longer than I normally would have for Evangeline Lilly.

One can only wonder which of the two meanings of that sentence you
meant. Smart people write sentences that can only be taken one way.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<b2219b7b-3ca5-45b8-b482-560b08388504n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176325&group=rec.arts.tv#176325

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 15:55:14 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 23:55 UTC

On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 11:13:10 AM UTC-6, Rhino wrote:
> This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
> for this newsgroup:
>
> https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
>
> For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
> on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
> I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
> for both of those so never went past that.
>
> Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
>
> I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
> and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
> a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
>
> In no particular order:
>
> Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
> was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
> about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
> first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
> where it was going to go.
>
> Killing Eve - I watched the first three seasons and but bailed when the
> Season 4 premiere was way too bizarre for my tastes. Again, I never
> really loved it but was curious to see if they were ever going to make
> it clear why Jodie Comer's character was as deranged as she was.
>
> Game of Thrones - I think I got part way through Season 5 before I
> realized I didn't care about enough of the characters to carry on and
> dumped it. Mind you, I never loved it either, never having been a fan of
> sword and sorcery fiction.
>
> That's all that comes to mind at the moment!
>
> --
> Rhino

I enjoyed the first runs of Cheers and Frasier but never got into the reruns on UHF tv.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<ee8dca86-96ad-40d6-bd3b-3d4c6fcebecen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176326&group=rec.arts.tv#176326

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 16:31:15 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 00:31 UTC

On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 6:24:32 PM UTC-5, trotsky wrote:
> On 2/21/23 12:14 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <tt2u32$16i55$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:
> >
> >> This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
> >> for this newsgroup:
> >>
> >> https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
> >>
> >> For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
> >> on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
> >> I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
> >> for both of those so never went past that.
> >>
> >> Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
> >>
> >> I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
> >> and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
> >> a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
> >>
> >> In no particular order:
> >>
> >> Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
> >> was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
> >> about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
> >> first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
> >> where it was going to go.

> > I stayed with it longer than I normally would have for Evangeline Lilly..

> One can only wonder which of the two meanings of that sentence you
> meant. Smart people write sentences that can only be taken one way.

I'm sorry but I have to side with BTR1701 on this one, Evangeline Lilly aka Freckles was a good reason to watch LOST, a bit of a distraction from the subtextual allegory, but by golly she tasted like strawberries.

On a side note, early in the series it was clear the writers were playing with Wizard of Oz parallels, with Evangeline Lilly playing the part of Dorothy, Jack the Scarecrow, Locke the cowardly lion, and Sawyer the Tin Man.

Jack's nose was always sunburnt, he needed restitching in the pilot and was a brain surgeon, Locke bounced back and forth between being a coward and a hero, and Sawyer was heartless as the con man. And of course Ben Linus was the man behind the curtain as Henry Gale.

mime doesn't watch much TV he doesn't like, and what he watches becomes an obsession sometimes.

LOST was a fun series at the time and the internet community discussions made it even moreso. Its been over 10 years since it went off the air, I've considered rewatching, but haven't because of time constraints.

Last series I watched with relish (since LOST and FRINGE) was the 'Detectorists', short and sweet 3 seasons, 20 eps in total, I think, and thoroughly enjoyable, but production was spread out over nearly 10 years beginning in 2014, fortunately I found it and watched it all since the first of 2023, and highly recommend it.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<tt3ojg$194t4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176327&group=rec.arts.tv#176327

From: alm...@last.inc (Alan Smithee)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 20:45:29 -0400
 by: Alan Smithee - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 00:45 UTC

On 02/21/2023 06:59 PM, shawn wrote:
> I don't feel that Buffy/Angel are on the same level as the others
> mentioned in this thread. Sure, the quality definitely wasn't the same
> with Buffy once Joss Whedon essentially left Buffy. While I wasn't
> against changing up Spike the Spike/Buffy relationship got rough.
> With Angel I enjoyed most of it except for what they did with Cordelia
> during her last season. It really felt like the writers had issues
> with the Charisma and were taking it out on her character.

Whedon *hated* CC and probably still does. Supposedly because she didn't
tell the writers that she was pregnant and so they had to do massive
rewrites.

He took his anger out on her character and it has come back to haunt him.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<tt3omm$9gi$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176328&group=rec.arts.tv#176328

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 00:47:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 00:47 UTC

[snip]

"Sixty Minutes", which, decades ago, was an actual
investigative news program..

Nowadays, maybe once every six months, they'll
run a story reminding us of their Mike Wallace,
etc., days.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<63878668-9826-4466-929c-2218e6880812n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176329&group=rec.arts.tv#176329

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:17:42 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 01:17 UTC

On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 2:20:00 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 12:13:10 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
> > This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
> > for this newsgroup:
> >
> > https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
> >
> > For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
> > on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
> > I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
> > for both of those so never went past that.
> >
> > Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
> >
> > I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
> > and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
> > a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
> >
> > In no particular order:
>

> > Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
> > was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
> > about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
> > first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
> > where it was going to go.

> LOST's subtext was the ISLAND'S historical retelling of it's 2000 year long history, the character development WASN"T the subtext. The subtext was based on the Islands mythology.

There was one character whose development could be considered a historical re-imagining and that was John Locke. Locke was rumored to be immaculately conceived by his mother. Locke eventually sacrificed a blood cleansing kidney, and on island, was pierced in his side by someone he once called a Pharisee. After Locke died he was resurrected and instead of saving the island, he was now on a mission to destroy it, in the process destroying the Temple as the new temporary leader of the Others.

Locke's story paralleled the life story of Jesus of Nazareth, a first century Israelite.

These parallels require some current and ancient historical knowledge to uncover, and that is probably why so many could not see a plan because it all appeared a jumbled mess without the historical context.

No, the writers were NOT making it as they went along, they were reimagining recorded history.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<tt3qhg$199s4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176330&group=rec.arts.tv#176330

From: alm...@last.inc (Alan Smithee)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:18:34 -0400
 by: Alan Smithee - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 01:18 UTC

That 70s Show: The last two seasons were bad enough but after T.Grace
left to do Spider-Man 3 and they brought in Josh Meyers it was game over.

The Flash: Went off the rails when they started bringing in non-canon
villains.

Sliders: Was never that good but after they lost Professor Arturo it
started to decline.
When they replaced Sabrina Lloyd with Carrie Wuhrer the show went
straight to garbage.

Smallville: Went on waaay too long.

iZombie: Started out great but you could tell the writers could not come
up with a good idea by the time it ended. The main character went from
taking on minor personality traits of the person whose brain she ate to
virtually becoming that person.

Veronica Mars: Season one was great, season two was lackluster, by
season three who cared anymore? Her "on again / off again" relationship
with her boyfriend became tedious in the extreme.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<0f37b5e4-a50f-43eb-a2cc-a0ee5fd61591n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176331&group=rec.arts.tv#176331

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:23:40 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 01:23 UTC

On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 8:17:45 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 2:20:00 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> > On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 12:13:10 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
> > > This article just came up in my newsfeed and it was very much on-topic
> > > for this newsgroup:
> > >
> > > https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/popular-tv-shows-people-hated
> > >
> > > For what it's worth, I actually stayed to the end of some of the series
> > > on their list, including Orange is the New Black, Weeds, and Dexter. But
> > > I only ever watched two episodes of Walking Dead and was bored to tears
> > > for both of those so never went past that.
> > >
> > > Now, what would be on YOUR list of shows that you loved and then hated?
> > >
> > > I don't have the time to think of 25 out of all the shows I've ever seen
> > > and any list I made would probably change any given day but I'll mention
> > > a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
> > >
> > > In no particular order:
> >

> > > Lost - I only stayed to the end of Season 4 but at least half of that
> > > was a hard slog before I finally realized the I no longer remotely cared
> > > about the show. Mind you, I don't think I ever LOVED the show in the
> > > first place: I just found it intriguing and was very curious to see
> > > where it was going to go.
> > LOST's subtext was the ISLAND'S historical retelling of it's 2000 year long history, the character development WASN"T the subtext. The subtext was based on the Islands mythology.
> There was one character whose development could be considered a historical re-imagining and that was John Locke. Locke was rumored to be immaculately conceived by his mother. Locke eventually sacrificed a blood cleansing kidney, and on island, was pierced in his side by someone he once called a Pharisee. After Locke died he was resurrected and instead of saving the island, he was now on a mission to destroy it, in the process destroying the Temple as the new temporary leader of the Others.
>
> Locke's story paralleled the life story of Jesus of Nazareth, a first century Israelite.
>
> These parallels require some current and ancient historical knowledge to uncover, and that is probably why so many could not see a plan because it all appeared a jumbled mess without the historical context.
>
> No, the writers were NOT making it as they went along, they were reimagining recorded history.

And I forgot to add, Locke was hanged on a cross. Don't believe me? Go back and watch where the Pharisee Ben Linus strangles Locke to death, and then suspends his body on a rope from the ceiling rafters.

LOOK AT THE RAFTER PATTERN CLOSELY. They form a cross.

Re: Shows you loved and then hated

<d69d98ff-a9ef-4592-85d5-66b93e230d1cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176332&group=rec.arts.tv#176332

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:35:46 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 01:35 UTC

On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 8:23:45 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 8:17:45 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:

> > > LOST's subtext was the ISLAND'S historical retelling of it's 2000 year long history, the character development WASN"T the subtext. The subtext was based on the Islands mythology.
> > There was one character whose development could be considered a historical re-imagining and that was John Locke. Locke was rumored to be immaculately conceived by his mother. Locke eventually sacrificed a blood cleansing kidney, and on island, was pierced in his side by someone he once called a Pharisee. After Locke died he was resurrected and instead of saving the island, he was now on a mission to destroy it, in the process destroying the Temple as the new temporary leader of the Others.
> >
> > Locke's story paralleled the life story of Jesus of Nazareth, a first century Israelite.
> >
> > These parallels require some current and ancient historical knowledge to uncover, and that is probably why so many could not see a plan because it all appeared a jumbled mess without the historical context.
> >
> > No, the writers were NOT making it as they went along, they were reimagining recorded history.
> And I forgot to add, Locke was hanged on a cross. Don't believe me? Go back and watch where the Pharisee Ben Linus strangles Locke to death, and then suspends his body on a rope from the ceiling rafters.

> LOOK AT THE RAFTER PATTERN CLOSELY. They form a cross.

https://screenrant.com/lost-season-6-promo-image-the-last-supper/

Combine the Christ figure with the rest of the mythology mentioned in this thread and it is obvious that showrunners and head writers Lindelof a Jew, and Cuse a Catholic, had a plan.

The plan wasn't to proselytize or convert, it was to educate in a non didactic entertaining fashion.

Hurley's way of running the island was preferred over Ben's.

Unfortunately, if you look to the middle east, Ben is still in charge, killing the hostiles, violating their land boundaries, and building walls and security fences to keep them out.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Shows you loved and then hated