Don't take life seriously, you'll never get out alive.

interests / rec.boats / Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?

SubjectAuthor
* Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?True North
+* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
|+- Re: Will something finally be done about Americas'Bill
|`* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?John H
| `* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?gfretwell
|  `- Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?John H
+* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?gfretwell
|`* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?Mr Robot
| `* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?John H
|  `- Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?Mr Robot
+* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas'Bill
|+- Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?Mr Robot
|`* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?gfretwell
| `* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?Mr Robot
|  `* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gunJustan Ohlphart
|   +* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?gfretwell
|   |`- Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?justan
|   `- Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?Mr Robot
+* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?John H
|+* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?gfretwell
||+* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?John H
|||`* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?gfretwell
||| `- Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?John H
||+* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gunKeyser Söze
|||+* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gunJustan Ohlphart
|||+* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gunMr. Luddite
|||`* Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?gfretwell
||`- Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?You da dumpfuck
|`- Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?Mr Robot
`* Re:Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gunJustan Ohlphart

Pages:123456
Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?

<l3qkahtk7g761t3a2mtsif16u7tdtvukqo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6040&group=rec.boats#6040

From: jherr...@cox.net (John H)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?
References: <8rj7ahdm1kabvdedj45advd2abjl2ng9vp@4ax.com> <l119ahpo2clbdsk55u4kd8oc2ld9di9hba@4ax.com> <bd99ahlr17ab4fqku2al27pvmh2ou24hcg@4ax.com> <njdaah1mabt9hi6ia64lobompqgellhjna@4ax.com> <prjcahhh93pm84uvch36o3lar5pjt492e8@4ax.com> <h23dahh06hnp5ftbbo9gck6uan2dmb6mfm@4ax.com> <md4eah5rns65rasrus3nqeuutv2psgebu2@4ax.com> <rhdfaht03hnabk2hlgu0aim69uc5rdfo57@4ax.com> <o5mhah961tr04pqsg9l5b7d93mkk10gc14@4ax.com> <8k3iahh8i96k60egu78c7tt17l4o92o417@4ax.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 19:18:05 -0400
 by: John H - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 23:18 UTC

On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 18:43:33 -0400, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 14:52:54 -0400, John H <jherring@cox.net> wrote:

>>>OK lets review, just using the quotes above.
>>>
>>>I started with this 10 notes ago
>>>"The ironic thing is if it wasn't for those folks in media and the
>>>movies glamorizing "assault weapons" they would still be a <where you
>>>cropped>"
>>>
>>>Eights notes ago I said this
>>>
>>>"That is certainly true now. I was talking about the 80s when a couple
>>>of California legislators started making noise about a non-existent
>>>problem and got the whole thing on the front page. At that time they
>>>were a niche item with very little visibility to the regular
>>>sportsman. Once Boxer and Feinstein started talking about bans, people
>>>did what Americans do when they hear something might not be available,
>>>they bought them."
>>>
>>>That is not exactly changing anything or making anything up.
>>>
>>>Maybe you can't think in historic terms and assume things happens in a
>>>vacuum.
>>
>>Nope. Go back to your original post:
>>
>>"The ironic thing is if it wasn't for those folks in media and the
>>movies glamorizing "assault weapons" they would still be a niche item
>>only really known to a few collectors and gun folks. "
>>
>>Again, no mention of the 80's.
>
> Did you actually think that started this year? This decade? This
>century?
>
>Maybe you didn't watch the news.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Will something finally be done about Americas' outrageous gun culture?

<71836a29-616b-4f62-aec9-8d130e2441ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6043&group=rec.boats#6043

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 17:54:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: princecr...@gmail.com (True North)
 by: True North - Thu, 16 Jun 2022 00:54 UTC

<o90lah17c6o9ggfbps3b36sglhughqd4n2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6044&group=rec.boats#6044

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 21:03:24 -0400
References: <l119ahpo2clbdsk55u4kd8oc2ld9di9hba@4ax.com> <bd99ahlr17ab4fqku2al27pvmh2ou24hcg@4ax.com> <njdaah1mabt9hi6ia64lobompqgellhjna@4ax.com> <prjcahhh93pm84uvch36o3lar5pjt492e8@4ax.com> <h23dahh06hnp5ftbbo9gck6uan2dmb6mfm@4ax.com> <md4eah5rns65rasrus3nqeuutv2psgebu2@4ax.com> <rhdfaht03hnabk2hlgu0aim69uc5rdfo57@4ax.com> <o5mhah961tr04pqsg9l5b7d93mkk10gc14@4ax.com> <8k3iahh8i96k60egu78c7tt17l4o92o417@4ax.com> <l3qkahtk7g761t3a2mtsif16u7tdtvukqo@4ax.com>
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Thu, 16 Jun 2022 01:03 UTC