Most people want either less corruption or more of a chance to participate in it.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

SubjectAuthor
* OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novaxlindsay
+* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'sNoddy
|`* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'sDaryl
| `- Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'sNoddy
+* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic'John_H
> [...]
| | |   | `* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'sNoddy
| | |   |  `* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic'Xeno
| | |   |   +* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'sjonz@ nothere.com
| | |   |   |+* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'sNoddy
| | |   |   |`* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'sYosemite Sam
| | |   |   `- Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'sjonz@ nothere.com
| | |   +* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'sClocky
| | |   `* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'skeithr0
| | `* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic'alvey
| `* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'sDaryl
+- Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'sThe Mountain Magpie
+- Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'sBruce Willis in Hudson
`* Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there'slindsay

Pages:1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435
Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<sraulk$2fr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9146&group=aus.cars#9146

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 13:58:57 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 02:58 UTC

On 8/01/2022 1:24 pm, John_H wrote:
> Xeno wrote:

>>> Not being privy to his, or anyone else's, application details I can't
>>> comment on that other than to say that there are indeed exemptions for
>>> unvaccinated people to enter the country. The question would be whether
>>> Djokovic's application fell into any of those categories.
>>
>> There's no question about it, it didn't and that's why it was rejected,
>> albeit at a very late stage.
>
> The application wasn't rejected!
>
> Djokovic's visa (along with others) was cancelled by Border Force
> after he'd entered the country. The pertinent point being that it
> should never have been issued in the first place.

And yet we have hundreds and hundreds of people every year who are
picked up for Visa infringements the moment they get off the plane and
sent straight back to where they came from.

Meaning there are two possibilities here. Either every visa application
to enter this country is physically processed by a complete moron who is
totally unaware of the requirements and just rubber stamps each
application as a matter of course, *or* it's an automated process where
people can enter whatever data they like and red flags aren't actually
tripped until the applicant actually gets here and is found to lack the
documentation they need to support their visa application.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3sd2cFjr4bU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9148&group=aus.cars#9148

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 13:00:29 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 03:00 UTC

On 7/01/2022 11:32 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Most people from that part of the world are.
>>
>> Serbs certainly are look at their recent history of killing anybody
>> they didn't like.
>
> Not just Serbs. A lot of Europe actually. Germans hate the French. The
> French hate the English. The English, French, Russians and just about
> everyone else in Europe hate the Germans :) Greeks and Macedonians hate
> each other with a passion, but when you ask either why that is they
> can't tell you other than it's been bred into them for generations and
> it's expected.
>
> My favourite are Maltese. Not Europe, but fucking whackjobs nonetheless.
> A county the size of Ballarat where one half of the population wants to
> stab the other half to death on a daily basis.
>
> When I lived in Altona I had two Maltese neighbours. One family right
> next door, and one on the other side of them. I got on with both of them
> well, but they *hated* each other with a passion. They'd be forever
> yelling and screaming at each other, throwing things at each other over
> the fence, and just generally carrying on like fuckwits. The best one of
> all was after years of fighting and arguing they finally agreed to get a
> new colourbond fence between them, and after it went up they argued with
> each other for 6 months about it being 2 inches too far over than it
> should have been.
>
> So, once Wog A loaded up his caravan and went down to the coast for his
> annual trip, Wog B pulled down the entire fence and moved it over onto
> Wog A's side by 2 inches :)
>
> Fucking mental. The cunts were smacking each other with shovels when Wog
> A came home and saw what he did :)

Kind of like around here really.

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3sd5eFjr4bU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9149&group=aus.cars#9149

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 13:02:06 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 03:02 UTC

On 8/01/2022 12:24 pm, John_H wrote:
> Xeno wrote:

>>> Not being privy to his, or anyone else's, application details I can't
>>> comment on that other than to say that there are indeed exemptions for
>>> unvaccinated people to enter the country. The question would be whether
>>> Djokovic's application fell into any of those categories.
>>
>> There's no question about it, it didn't and that's why it was rejected,
>> albeit at a very late stage.
>
> The application wasn't rejected!
>
> Djokovic's visa (along with others) was cancelled by Border Force
> after he'd entered the country. The pertinent point being that it
> should never have been issued in the first place.

To be really picky, he hadn't entered the country, you don't do that
until you clear immigation

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3seb7Fk37dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9150&group=aus.cars#9150

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 14:22:12 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 03:22 UTC

On 8/1/22 2:02 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 8/01/2022 12:24 pm, John_H wrote:
>> Xeno wrote:

>>> There's no question about it, it didn't and that's why it was rejected,
>>> albeit at a very late stage.
>>
>> The application wasn't rejected!
>>
>> Djokovic's visa (along with others) was cancelled by Border Force
>> after he'd entered the country.  The pertinent point being that it
>> should never have been issued in the first place.
>>
> To be really picky, he hadn't entered the country, you don't do that
> until you clear immigation

Indeed. The immigration officers are the last line of *defence* against
frauds, etc.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<s52itglbqqnsvdtkduk6m2e5k143nc4bjd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9151&group=aus.cars#9151

From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 13:48:07 +1000
 by: John_H - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 03:48 UTC

Noddy wrote:

>>> Not being privy to his, or anyone else's, application details I can't
>>> comment on that other than to say that there are indeed exemptions for
>>> unvaccinated people to enter the country. The question would be whether
>>> Djokovic's application fell into any of those categories.
>>
>> It doesn't and never did. The only exceptions I'm aware of are for
>> Australian citizens (who don't need a visa to return home) and
>> children.
>>
>> Medical exemptions only apply to local residents who aren't
>> vaccinated. I would've thought Hunt's letter to Tennis Australia
>> makes that perfectly clear.... https://tinyurl.com/frkdt435
>
>There is certainly some confusion surrounding this. The Australian
>Department of Health website states that you must be vaccinated to both
>enter and leave Australia, unless you have a medical exemption:
>
>> https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/international-travel/proof-of-vaccination

Which appears to contradict what Hunt previously told Tennis
Australia... hardly surprising given the confusion surrounding almost
anything related to covid

>> What it doesn't do is exonerate the government department that issued
>> the visas.
>
>The jury's still out on whether they've done anything wrong.....

Djokovic's appeal against the cancellation of his visa comes before
the federal court this monday (with no jury involved). The eventual
outcome should determine who's to blame and I'm guessing it won't be
Djokovic. Indications are he'll also be seeking damages with the
likely defendants being Tennis Australia, the feds, or both. My
money's on the feds. :)

--
John H

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<srb63q$rje$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9153&group=aus.cars#9153

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:06:01 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 05:06 UTC

On 8/01/2022 2:00 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 7/01/2022 11:32 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Fucking mental. The cunts were smacking each other with shovels when
>> Wog A came home and saw what he did :)
>
> Kind of like around here really.

Kind of. Bit more like primary school around here. Lots of little kids
trying to look tough in front of their mates but only ever manage to
make themselves look like dickheads.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<srb6oc$568$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9154&group=aus.cars#9154

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:16:58 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 05:16 UTC

On 8/01/2022 2:48 pm, John_H wrote:
> Noddy wrote:

>>> Medical exemptions only apply to local residents who aren't
>>> vaccinated. I would've thought Hunt's letter to Tennis Australia
>>> makes that perfectly clear.... https://tinyurl.com/frkdt435
>>
>> There is certainly some confusion surrounding this. The Australian
>> Department of Health website states that you must be vaccinated to both
>> enter and leave Australia, unless you have a medical exemption:
>>
>>> https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/international-travel/proof-of-vaccination
>
> Which appears to contradict what Hunt previously told Tennis
> Australia... hardly surprising given the confusion surrounding almost
> anything related to covid

It does, and it is.

I thought the Dept. of Health stuff only related to Australian Citizens
rather than visiting foreign nationals, but it doesn't actually say
either way.

>>> What it doesn't do is exonerate the government department that issued
>>> the visas.
>>
>> The jury's still out on whether they've done anything wrong.....
>
> Djokovic's appeal against the cancellation of his visa comes before
> the federal court this monday (with no jury involved). The eventual
> outcome should determine who's to blame and I'm guessing it won't be
> Djokovic. Indications are he'll also be seeking damages with the
> likely defendants being Tennis Australia, the feds, or both. My
> money's on the feds. :)

Anything's possible with this complete mess. The reports in the media
today seem to lay the blame squarely with Tennis Australia, and while
the contents of the letter sent out by them to competitors isn't the
open and shut case some segments of the media are making it out to be,
Tennis Australia has certainly given out misleading or incorrect
information. What remains to be seen is whether the information they
handed out was in fact what they were told by the Feds, or whether
they've made a complete pigs breakfast of it and got it completely wrong.

Still, I wouldn't rule out the Feds making a mess of it. I got a text
message from the Federal Department of Health at 7am this morning
advising me that I was now due to have my second vaccination shot and
that I should book in and have it as soon as possible.

I actually had it in early August last year :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3smenFled9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9155&group=aus.cars#9155

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:41:29 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 05:41 UTC

On 7/01/2022 11:48 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 7/1/22 1:34 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Looks like all the mental asylums in Serbia are already full:-)
>>> That bloke is a certifiable lunatic.
>>
>> Most people from that part of the world are.
>>

> ROTFL, tell me about it, my wife is technically Serbian:-)
> Her ancestry are Rumanian but she was born in Serbia only about 30klms
> from Belgrade.

'Romanian' you dolt

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3snmpFllf8U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9157&group=aus.cars#9157

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:02:01 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 06:02 UTC

On 8/01/2022 1:48 pm, John_H wrote:
> Noddy wrote:

>>> It doesn't and never did. The only exceptions I'm aware of are for
>>> Australian citizens (who don't need a visa to return home) and
>>> children.
>>>
>>> Medical exemptions only apply to local residents who aren't
>>> vaccinated. I would've thought Hunt's letter to Tennis Australia
>>> makes that perfectly clear.... https://tinyurl.com/frkdt435
>>
>> There is certainly some confusion surrounding this. The Australian
>> Department of Health website states that you must be vaccinated to both
>> enter and leave Australia, unless you have a medical exemption:
>>
>>> https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/international-travel/proof-of-vaccination
>
> Which appears to contradict what Hunt previously told Tennis
> Australia... hardly surprising given the confusion surrounding almost
> anything related to covid
>>
>>> What it doesn't do is exonerate the government department that issued
>>> the visas.
>>
>> The jury's still out on whether they've done anything wrong.....
>
> Djokovic's appeal against the cancellation of his visa comes before
> the federal court this monday (with no jury involved). The eventual
> outcome should determine who's to blame and I'm guessing it won't be
> Djokovic. Indications are he'll also be seeking damages with the
> likely defendants being Tennis Australia, the feds, or both. My
> money's on the feds. :)

Good luck with that, he'd have more chance against Tennis Australia.

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3snr8Fllf8U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9158&group=aus.cars#9158

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:04:24 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 06:04 UTC

On 8/01/2022 12:58 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> There's no question about it, it didn't and that's why it was rejected,
>>> albeit at a very late stage.
>>
>> The application wasn't rejected!
>>
>> Djokovic's visa (along with others) was cancelled by Border Force
>> after he'd entered the country.  The pertinent point being that it
>> should never have been issued in the first place.
>
> And yet we have hundreds and hundreds of people every year who are
> picked up for Visa infringements the moment they get off the plane and
> sent straight back to where they came from.
>
> Meaning there are two possibilities here. Either every visa application
> to enter this country is physically processed by a complete moron who is
> totally unaware of the requirements and just rubber stamps each
> application as a matter of course, *or* it's an automated process where
> people can enter whatever data they like and red flags aren't actually
> tripped until the applicant actually gets here and is found to lack the
> documentation they need to support their visa application.

There's a TV program, Border Security, that follows those cases. People
have visas but, when examined, they were obtained under false pretenses.

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3soh1FlqreU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9159&group=aus.cars#9159

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:15:59 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 06:15 UTC

On 8/01/2022 12:54 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 8/1/22 1:24 pm, John_H wrote:
>> Xeno wrote:

>>> There's no question about it, it didn't and that's why it was rejected,
>>> albeit at a very late stage.
>>
>> The application wasn't rejected!
>
> It was, *after* issuance but before entry. As I said, at a very late stage.

The granting of most visas is automatic. Special visas like work and
immigration visas are different, the applicant usually has to visit a
consulate or embassy and provide proof of their bona fides but for
simple cases it's just filling out an online form, but you may be tested
on your arrival. In the US, they'll take your photo and finger prints
presumably to check against a database of undesirables. Most visas
caution you that you may be refused entry on arrival despite having said
visa.

This is text from the US ESTA application page

Applications can be completed, reviewed and processed online here by
clicking the ‘Apply’ link above or you can visit a U.S. Government
portal. *A United States Customs and Border Protection official at a
port of entry will have final determination on your entry into the U.S.*

>> Djokovic's visa (along with others) was cancelled by Border Force
>> after he'd entered the country.  The pertinent point being that it
>> should never have been issued in the first place.
>>
> Indeed it shouldn't have been.

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<1f0qr6owytr5i.2go3ux02uxar$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9161&group=aus.cars#9161

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:30:09 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 06:30 UTC

On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 00:32:47 +1100, Noddy wrote:

snip annother load of bullshit.

Key Bullshit Indicator": "I got on with both of them well...".

alvey

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<1dxwili7p5vrn$.vpyv7p028axo.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9162&group=aus.cars#9162

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:32:19 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 06:32 UTC

On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:06:01 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> On 8/01/2022 2:00 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 7/01/2022 11:32 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Fucking mental. The cunts were smacking each other with shovels when
>>> Wog A came home and saw what he did :)
>>
>> Kind of like around here really.
>
> Kind of. Bit more like primary school around here. Lots of little kids
> trying to look tough in front of their mates but only ever manage to
> make themselves look like dickheads.

Almost correct Fraudster. You don't just look like a dickhead, you are one!

alvey

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3sqauFm5cfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9164&group=aus.cars#9164

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:46:52 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 06:46 UTC

On 8/1/22 5:04 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 8/01/2022 12:58 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> The application wasn't rejected!
>>>
>>> Djokovic's visa (along with others) was cancelled by Border Force
>>> after he'd entered the country.  The pertinent point being that it
>>> should never have been issued in the first place.
>>
>> And yet we have hundreds and hundreds of people every year who are
>> picked up for Visa infringements the moment they get off the plane and
>> sent straight back to where they came from.
>>
>> Meaning there are two possibilities here. Either every visa
>> application to enter this country is physically processed by a
>> complete moron who is totally unaware of the requirements and just
>> rubber stamps each application as a matter of course, *or* it's an
>> automated process where people can enter whatever data they like and
>> red flags aren't actually tripped until the applicant actually gets
>> here and is found to lack the documentation they need to support their
>> visa application.
>
> There's a TV program, Border Security, that follows those cases. People
> have visas but, when examined, they were obtained under false pretenses.

Yes, happens a lot apparently. An article in today's SMH points out
that, in *normal times*, lots of people have their *visas* rejected at
the border. These are not normal times.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/double-fault-novak-djokovic-debacle-becomes-game-of-blame-20220107-p59ml9.html

Johnston, who now works as the tournament director for events
in Russia and China, has dealt with occasions when governments
have detained players and officials for periods due to faulty
paperwork. He says the Djokovic situation is extraordinary,
at least when it comes to an athlete of global prominence, but
far from a one-off. Sometimes those involved are sent to a
third country in order for those people to complete the
necessary paperwork before their return.

Immigration lawyer Carina Ford, who represents the Tamil family
from Biloela now in community detention in Perth, also says while
the Djokovic case was high-profile and a unique circumstance, it
was not unusual for people to be turned away at the airport.

“It is common,” she says. “It often happens with New Zealanders.
It’s what happened to [AFL player] Dustin Martin’s [late] dad
when he tried to arrive. It often happens to overseas students.
In normal circumstances where the borders are free and open, it
happens often.”

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3sqnoFm7hpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9165&group=aus.cars#9165

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:53:42 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 06:53 UTC

On 8/1/22 5:15 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 8/01/2022 12:54 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> The application wasn't rejected!
>>
>> It was, *after* issuance but before entry. As I said, at a very late
>> stage.
>

> The granting of most visas is automatic. Special visas like work and
> immigration visas are different, the applicant usually has to visit a
> consulate or embassy and provide proof of their bona fides but for
> simple cases it's just filling out an online form, but you may be tested
> on your arrival. In the US, they'll take your photo and finger prints
> presumably to check against a database of undesirables. Most visas
> caution you that you may be refused entry on arrival despite having said
> visa.

Yes, we applied for a visa for a niece for a 3 month visit. Letter from
us, her providing proof of employment, etc. IOW, providing proof of
intention to return to her home country. It went through without a
hitch. May be doing the same again soon, after all this Covid crap
settles down, for a sister in law and her daughter.

> This is text from the US ESTA application page
>
> Applications can be completed, reviewed and processed online here by
> clicking the ‘Apply’ link above or you can visit a U.S. Government
> portal. *A United States Customs and Border Protection official at a
> port of entry will have final determination on your entry into the U.S.*

Yes, we were told much the same thing. That is, as far as I am aware, a
worldwide standard practice. The immigration officers are the *last line
of defence*, as it were.

>>> Djokovic's visa (along with others) was cancelled by Border Force
>>> after he'd entered the country.  The pertinent point being that it
>>> should never have been issued in the first place.
>>>
>> Indeed it shouldn't have been.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3sqvnFm8feU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9167&group=aus.cars#9167

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:57:59 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 06:57 UTC

On 8/1/22 5:30 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 00:32:47 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>
> snip annother load of bullshit.
>
> Key Bullshit Indicator": "I got on with both of them well...".
>

> alvey

For sure. Darren only gets on well with sycophants.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3sr39Fm8feU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9168&group=aus.cars#9168

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:59:53 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 06:59 UTC

On 8/1/22 5:32 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:06:01 +1100, Noddy wrote:

>>> Kind of like around here really.
>>
>> Kind of. Bit more like primary school around here. Lots of little kids
>> trying to look tough in front of their mates but only ever manage to
>> make themselves look like dickheads.
>
> Almost correct Fraudster. You don't just look like a dickhead, you are one!
>

> alvey

Darren, with all his foul language, threats and vehemence, certainly
paints himself as a dickhead. It's the only thing he's qualified in.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3subtFmptaU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9173&group=aus.cars#9173

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 18:55:41 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 07:55 UTC

On 8/1/22 9:04 am, John_H wrote:
> Daryl wrote:

>>> Contradictory media reports only serve to confuse the issue but I
>>> would've thought he'd need his visa to be fully approved before he
>>> could enter the country.
>>
>> Has he technically "entered the country" if he hasn't cleared immigration?
>> I would think not, he may be on Australian soil but he's not free to go
>> about his business.
>
> The normal procedure is for new arrivals who don't have the
> appropriate documentation is to put them on the next plane out.

The rules seem to apply differently to the rich and famous.

> IOW Djokovic would've needed to have a visa to get past the airport
> the validity of which has been contested since it was issued.

Would he need a visa if he's in custody?

--
Daryl

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3sufnFmptaU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9174&group=aus.cars#9174

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 18:57:42 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 07:57 UTC

On 8/1/22 9:04 am, John_H wrote:
> Daryl wrote:

>>> Since when does a visa application allow the applicant to enter the
>>> country?

>>> As I see it the fuck up is down to whoever issued the visa he would've
>>> needed to get in.
>>
>> They (the one who issued the visa) could have feed false information.
>> Apparently his basis for a medical exception was that he had had Covid
>> 6mths ago therefore he didn't need to be vaccinated because he already
>> had immunity.
>
> The catch being that there is no provision for a medical exemption
> (medical exemptions only apply in domestic situations where an
> employer has mandated vaccinations). Whoever issued his visa has
> overlooked the rules, hence the stuff up.
>
> Is also appears that Tennis Australia, who're now keeping very quiet,
> would've advised Djokovic to apply for a visa on the basis of a
> medical exemption in spite of being informed by the feds that the
> rules were... no vaccination, no entry. They also neglected to tell
> the Vic Government about the advice they'd received.

Sure seems that way, very likely that someone at TA misled the Djokovic
camp and they didn't bother the check the rules.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3sunkFmptaU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9175&group=aus.cars#9175

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 19:01:56 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 08:01 UTC

On 8/1/22 10:12 am, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 8/01/2022 6:58 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> Farking hell. No chance of winning an argument there :)
>>>

>> I've long given up trying:-)
>>
> Come on, she seemed lovely when I met her. Admittedly I could have been
> blinded by the fact she fed a hungry man!! ;-)

LOL, well I'm still married after 47yrs so we sort things out pretty well:-)

--
Daryl

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<srbkp7$lmu$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9180&group=aus.cars#9180

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:16:24 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 09:16 UTC

On 8/01/2022 2:59 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 8/1/22 5:32 pm, alvey wrote:

>>> Kind of. Bit more like primary school around here. Lots of little kids
>>> trying to look tough in front of their mates but only ever manage to
>>> make themselves look like dickheads.
>>
>> Almost correct Fraudster. You don't just look like a dickhead, you are
>> one!
>>

>> alvey
>>
> Darren, with all his foul language, threats and vehemence, certainly
> paints himself as a dickhead. It's the only thing he's qualified in.

A dickhead? He's batshit fucking crazy!

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<srbkqs$lmu$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9181&group=aus.cars#9181

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:17:18 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 09:17 UTC

On 8/01/2022 11:00 am, keithr0 wrote:
> On 7/01/2022 11:32 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Serbs certainly are look at their recent history of killing anybody
>>> they didn't like.
>>
>> Not just Serbs. A lot of Europe actually. Germans hate the French. The
>> French hate the English. The English, French, Russians and just about
>> everyone else in Europe hate the Germans :) Greeks and Macedonians
>> hate each other with a passion, but when you ask either why that is
>> they can't tell you other than it's been bred into them for
>> generations and it's expected.
>>
>> My favourite are Maltese. Not Europe, but fucking whackjobs
>> nonetheless. A county the size of Ballarat where one half of the
>> population wants to stab the other half to death on a daily basis.
>>
>> When I lived in Altona I had two Maltese neighbours. One family right
>> next door, and one on the other side of them. I got on with both of
>> them well, but they *hated* each other with a passion. They'd be
>> forever yelling and screaming at each other, throwing things at each
>> other over the fence, and just generally carrying on like fuckwits.
>> The best one of all was after years of fighting and arguing they
>> finally agreed to get a new colourbond fence between them, and after
>> it went up they argued with each other for 6 months about it being 2
>> inches too far over than it should have been.
>>
>> So, once Wog A loaded up his caravan and went down to the coast for
>> his annual trip, Wog B pulled down the entire fence and moved it over
>> onto Wog A's side by 2 inches :)
>>
>> Fucking mental. The cunts were smacking each other with shovels when
>> Wog A came home and saw what he did :)
>
> Kind of like around here really.

Yep, the FLCJC in spades.

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<srbkt5$lmu$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9182&group=aus.cars#9182

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:18:30 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 09:18 UTC

On 8/01/2022 10:05 am, Xeno wrote:
> On 8/1/22 7:58 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> Farking hell. No chance of winning an argument there :)
>>>

>> I've long given up trying:-)
>>
> No prizes for guessing who wears the pants in your household.

No wonder he's such a lapdog for the dishonest around here.

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3t6ifFoaanU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9190&group=aus.cars#9190

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 21:15:43 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 10:15 UTC

On 8/1/22 6:55 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 8/1/22 9:04 am, John_H wrote:
>> Daryl wrote:

>>> Has he technically "entered the country" if he hasn't cleared
>>> immigration?
>>> I would think not, he may be on Australian soil but he's not free to go
>>> about his business.
>>
>> The normal procedure is for new arrivals who don't have the
>> appropriate documentation is to put them on the next plane out.
>
> The rules seem to apply differently to the rich and famous.
>
>> IOW Djokovic would've needed to have a visa to get past the airport
>> the validity of which has been contested since it was issued.
>
> Would he need a visa if he's in custody?

Obviously not. He is *in custody*. He is *not free* to wander around
Australia.
Here's a hint for you. Go find a broom and start sweeping. Seems that is
the only way your brain gets any cognition happening.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: there's some mindless cretins in the world, then there's Novax Djokovic's dad...

<j3t6koFoaanU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9191&group=aus.cars#9191

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Novax Djokovic's dad...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 21:16:56 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 10:16 UTC

On 8/1/22 7:01 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 8/1/22 10:12 am, Grumpy Tech wrote:

>>> I've long given up trying:-)
>>>
>> Come on, she seemed lovely when I met her. Admittedly I could have
>> been blinded by the fact she fed a hungry man!! ;-)
>
> LOL, well I'm still married after 47yrs so we sort things out pretty
> well:-)

Yeah, she rules the roost and you cringe and cower. I can see how that
would work for you.